• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 2,057 Views, 315 Comments

Our Love is Iron - Krovgor Warhawk



A remake of my first story with Sonata finding acceptance and love in the person called, Warhawk.

  • ...
18
 315
 2,057

VII

Consolation

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"NO!"

"Ugh, sweet McCarthy Sonata, when we get their we will tell you," said Adagio.

"Of course we would have been there sooner if dummy here didn't take so long to make her awful punch and put the wrong address in the G.P.S." said Aria.

"Hey, my fruit punch is awesome, and way better than any punch you can make!"

"Is not."

"Is too."

"Will you two knock it off, it's bad enough that we're late, but I don't need to here you two bicker like idiots again."

Aria and Sonata both stuck their tongues at each other but otherwise remained silent.

"That's better, now we shouldn't be too much longer."

"Good, because I can't wait to see Warhawk drink my punch," Sonata said with a smile.

Aria just shook her head at Sonata's words, but instead of making a demeaning comment at her younger sister, she instead turned to Adagio.

"It's still strikes me as odd, Warhawk already said he doesn't like parties, so why host one?"

"Well Pinkie did say it was a surprise party, though I don't know how he's going to react."

"Especially since he doesn't talk much."

"Well maybe he's changed his mind," Sonata joined in.

"I suppose we'll find out soon enough," said Adagio.

After a couple more minutes driving, Adagio slowed the car down to a stop at the curb. Sonata gasped with excitement.

"Does this mean-"

"Yes Sonata," said Adagio, "According to the G.P.S., we are finally here."

"WOHOO!"

The girls each got out of the car with Sonata rushing to the back and Adagio and Aria walking up to the apartment building.

"So this is Warhawk's place?" asked Aria, "Not bad."

"Indeed."

After a couple seconds of observation, Adagio noticed something was off. Their was no music playing and most of the lights were off inside. Aria noticed this as well but before she could say anything, they heard Sonata grunting. They turned to see Sonata struggling to lift a giant bowl of punch out from the car trunk.

Adagio pinched herself between her eyes and said, "Help Sonata out with the punch will you?"

"Ugh," Aria rolled her eyes and walked towards Sonata.

"I told you not to make so much."

"And I told you that I didn't make enough last time, so this time I'm gonna make sure that everyone gets some punch."

"Yeah, but the few that did drink some ended up in the bathroom almost immediately."

As Sonata and Aria continued to argue back and forth, Adagio put her hand to her face and sighed. After that, she walked up to Warhawk's front porch and rang the door bell.

She became puzzled again when their was no answer, so she tried again. Then after a minute, the door opened to reveal a tired and, if Adagio wasn't mistaken, sad looking Warhawk.

"Adagio? What are you doing here?"

Before Adagio could answer, Sonata spoke first, "We're here for the party!"

Warhawk was surprised to see an excited Sonata and physically struggling Aria holding up a giant bowl of punch.

"Party? What part-" Warhawk's eyebrows raised up in realization, "Oh."

Then his eyes went back to his tired, sad look.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but their is no party."

Adagio was hardly surprised by this answer, but Sonata looked confused.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I mean..... I .. cancelled it."

"For realizes?"

"I'm sorry you wasted your time coming here."

"Oh."

Sonata's expression turned sad.

"We're sorry to bother you Warhawk," said Adagio, "We'll just be on our way."

With that, Adagio, Sonata, and a still struggling Aria, walked their way back to their car.

"Wait."

They stopped and turned to Warhawk.

"You don't have to leave. To be honest I, uh..... could use some company right now, I think."

Adagio raised an eyebrow and Sonata looked excited again, but Aria just grunted, "That's great, but can we please put this thing down soon?


"So you made this punch yourself?"

"Yep!"

The girls and Warhawk were sitting in the kitchen area, and Sonata wasted no time in pouring a glass of punch. It was a neon green liquid reminded Warhawk of the Blood of Mannoroth from World of Warcraft.

"Just don't say I didn't warn you if your pee starts to glow," said Aria.

"What does she mean by that?"

"Oh don't listen to her, she's just jealous that she can't make good fruit punch."

The two sisters glared at each other with Adagio sighing in exasperation.

Warhawk looked nervously at the drink, but if he learned anything in life, it was to try new things. So he took a sip; then his eyes opened wide and started to down the rest of his drink.

"That was good!"

Sonata's face lit up with a huge smile, "For realizes?"

"Yeah, it tastes like Mountain Dew, only better."

Sonata turned to Aria and smirked while Aria crossed her arms and scoffed, "Whatever."

"So Warhawk," said Adagio, "You said that you cancelled your own surprise party."

Warhawk's face turned sad again, "Yes I.... I did."

"May I ask why? I mean, I know that you already said that you didn't like parties, so I can only imagine how you might have reacted, but why did you invite us in? And if I may be so bold, why do look like something's bothering you?"

Shame was etched across Warhawk's face, drawing concern from the girls, still he remained silent.

"If you don't want to talk abo-" I..." Warhawk interrupted Adagio.

"Fubar."

The girls were confused by this, "Fubar?" asked Sonata.

"I fucked up beyond all reason, that's what I did."

"What do you mean?" asked Sonata.

Warhawk sighed to himself and rested his head on his hand, "Pinkie did try to throw me a surprise party, and I yelled at her."

"Is that why you look so bummed?" asked Aria, "Because this isn't the first time you cussed her out."

"That time was different," answered Warhawk, "I was standing up for you three. This time was... *sigh* inexcusable."

Adagio walked over and sat in front of Warhawk, "Maybe you should start from the beginning?"

Warhawk took some time to gather his thoughts, "When Pinkie first tried to invite me to a party, I said no. Then when she tried to invite to another one in person I said no again, but thinking back I could have said my words better. Then, when I came home expecting to relax after work, I was greeted by a barrage of confetti and Pinkie's ceaseless talking. Seeing so many people in my home, taken by surprise with a confetti explosion, and Pinkie, I just lost control. It didn't help that this week has been absolutely grueling, coupled by the fact that I almost broke my shin today."

"For realsies?"

Warhawk lifted up his pant leg to show the cut slash bruise on his right shin.

"Dang, that's one nasty shiner," said Aria.

"Thankfully it happened near the end of my shift, and I was able to drive home safe."

"Okay, so you've been under a lot of stress and you hurt yourself," said Adagio, "But that still doesn't really answer Aria's question. Why are you feeling down about yelling at Pinkie, because it sounds like she deserved it when all was said and done."

"Because despite popular opinion, I don't like hurting other people, and I called her stupid among other things when she was trying to help me have fun. I see that now, but I was just so angry that I,"

Warhawk had to stop to catch his breath.

"I just lost it. It also doesn't help that everyone at school is gonna hate my guts for what I did, hell even Swift punched me in the face, not like I didn't deserve it."

Sonata looked at him with pity, "I'm sorry."

Warhawk didn't respond, he just lowered his head. After a couple seconds of silence, Adagio took the opportunity to ask more questions.

"Warhawk? Why is it that you never speak to anyone at school? I mean aside from me, my sisters, and the others at our usual table. It can't just be because of your job."

Warhawk looked at Adagio confused.

"Look I know that we haven't really spoken a lot, but after what you did for us, and as much as it pains me to admit it to the Rainbooms, you're someone I consider a friend. Maybe the first friend we've ever had in a long time."

Both Aria and Sonata nodded in agreement.

"So please, tell us what's wrong."

Warhawk took a deep breath, "It's true that my job takes it toll on me, but the truth is... *sigh* I have a mental condition called Asperger's."

"You have butt burgers?" asked Sonata.

"What? No. its... *sigh* it's a mental disorder."

"You're retarded?"

"No Sonata, I'm not retarded. Asperger's is a form of Autism. It basically means that it's hard for me to socialize with other people. My case is minor and I was lucky enough to go to several speech counseling sessions when I was younger, so I can hold a small conversation and understand sarcasm. People with Asperger's can also be very stubborn about what interests them, like me with video games. I also don't like it when things are sprung at me at the last minute."

"Like Pinkie's party," said Adagio.

"Exactly. Another thing that I personally deal with, is that when I make a mistake, it haunts me. Like I can't stop thinking about even if I tried to stop. I mean, that's great in teaching me to not make that mistake again, but I also curse myself for making it in the first place because it seems so obvious that it was a mistake."

"So just to recap, you work a tough job, go to high school, and have Asperger's," said Aria.

"I also have a metal rod in my back to keep my spine straight."

"Wow, sucks to be you."

Warhawk bowed his head again and said in a said tone, "Yeah, it does."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" but Warhawk wasn't listening as Aria's sisters glared at her.

"You know, I told myself that I wasn't ashamed of myself. That I should own the fact that I have Asperger's. Hell, I even tried to put it on my resume when I was looking for work, but my parents said I shouldn't. They said that the employers wouldn't understand and just assume I would be more trouble than I was worth. I didn't like the idea but I went along with it. But after this?!"

Then in a half whisper, he said, "I just don't know. Stupid."

The girls looked at Warhawk with pity. They didn't realize that he had a lot of things working against him. Adagio and Aria tried to find the right words to say, but could find none. Sonata on the other hand.

"I don't think you're stupid."

That got Warhawk's attention.

"I think that you just made a mistake and that you should apologize."

Warhawk looked at Sonata in disbelief, "Sonata, it's not that simple."

"Yes it is, just say the words, 'I'm sorry' to Pinkie Pie."

Adagio place her hand on her face and Aria rolled her eye's at Sonata's oblivious statement, knowing full well that apologizing isn't that simple. But Warhawk listened.

"I want to apologize and make things right, but I just don't think that I can."

"Hello, you like shouted at the entire school, I think you can handle one little apology."

Both Adagio and Aria eyed their sister like she said dumbest thing possible. Confused by this, she said, "Wha-what did I say?"

Before Adagio could say anything, Warhawk spoke first, "Your right."

"She is?"

"I am?"

"I know that I need to face Pinkie and her friends and apologize, but what if they don't accept it? What if it's not enough?"

"Well than I think that their missing out, because I think you're pretty cool," said Sonata.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean, you didn't hate us like the rest of the school, and you got a lot of cool stuff. I don't know what any of it is, but they look pretty."

"Oh, well those are my posters of Gorillaz. Their one of my favorite bands."

"For realsies? What kind of music do they play?"

"I think what Sonata is trying to say, "said Adagio, "Is that you shouldn't underestimate yourself."

"Ah oh yeah, what she said is what I meant to say. That's what I meant...... to say."

"And what you would have said if you weren't the worst."

"You are!"

"Ugh, I can't take you idiots anywhere, can I."

"Are you sure you're called The Dazzlings and not the Three Stooges?"

The girls looked at Warhawk confused, causing him to be slightly embarrassed.

"You see they were a comedy group from, um, never mind, bad joke. But seriously, you really think I can do this? Face the others and apologize?"

"Yeah," said Aria, "You're a tough guy, and it's like Sonata said, you're pretty cool."

'Since when the hell did you get so nice?"

"Don't push it."

"Sorry."

"And if it helps," said Adagio as she leaned forward and placed her right hand on Warhawk's shoulder and looked him right in the eye, "We'll be there for you. just like you were there for us."

Warhawk looked at the others as they both gave reassuring nods.

"Thank you, I would appreciate that."

Adagio smiled, not in a cruel way like she used to, but in a warm, comforting way, "It's no problem."

"Sooo."

They all turned to Sonata.

"How about you show us around? You got a lot of cool stuff that I don't understand, like these things," she said as she pointed to some of Warhawk's movies.

Warhawk smiled and got up, "Okay, you see, those are my Star Wars movie."

"What's Star Wars?"

"Well, if you're willing to share more of that punch and stick around for a bit, I'll show."

"This isn't going to be some lame movies with a whiny character, weak romance, and an unnecessarily stupid and annoying side character right?" said Aria.

Warhawk looked at her with offense, "No, that's episode 1, I'm gonna show the first movie as it was."

Author's Note:

God this one was hard to write.