• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 5,876 Views, 827 Comments

Letters From a Friend - moviemaster8510



A young man forms a long-distance relationship with Twilight Sparkle through a series of letters they send to each other through a magical anomaly.

  • ...
22
 827
 5,876

PreviousChapters Next
9/19/15

Pinkie Pie,

What impeccable timing. I was just heading up the driveway when I saw your letter poof into my mailbox. And, yes, humans do love cake especially on their birthdays, and I thank you very much for the offer. I don’t want you to go through too much trouble for me though. If you just made me a single cupcake, I’d be perfectly happy and appreciative of just that.

And I’m sorry that you couldn’t get to me before I left. If you like throwing parties, if your letter is any indicator, I do have a couple of interesting cookbooks you may enjoy. One’s all about baking, and then there’s this one that my sister got me as a joke for cocktails and other drinks. I don’t know how well ponies take to alcohol, but there are a few punch recipes that you could probably make without it.

Next time I go to the library, I’ll be sure to keep you in mind, so let me know anything you’d like me to pick up.

Twilight, I did get you some Jane Austen (always a classic), but something that I remembered that I thought you’d actually love that I remember loving reading is A Wrinkle in Time. It was several years ago that I read it, so I can’t say for certain whether it holds up, but there’s a lot in here that I thought would greatly interest you.

And Spike, I took the liberty of also going a little classical and got you A Princess of Mars. It’s a bit more sci-fi than anything, but a lot of our comic book superheroes were greatly inspired by this book, and I think it would be perfect for someone like you.

I’ll ask for your progress on each book so I can know whether I need to renew it or not. I can take books out for three weeks at a time and renew them for another three weeks up to two times granted they’re not put on hold by someone else. Of course, this only applies to Twilight and Spike, as I own the books I’m lending Pinkie Pie.

In any case, do enjoy them.
Toby

P. S.: So three of you are already in on my existence. At what point should we start letting more of your friends in on it?

PreviousChapters Next