• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 5,876 Views, 827 Comments

Letters From a Friend - moviemaster8510



A young man forms a long-distance relationship with Twilight Sparkle through a series of letters they send to each other through a magical anomaly.

  • ...
22
 827
 5,876

PreviousChapters Next
9/17/15

Twilight and Spike,

I got those comics, Spike, but I'll read them when I get done with classes. I just don't want people seeing me with Equestrian literature. I mean sure, they can just assume its some indie/super-hipster type thing and think little of it, but I'd rather not take the chances. I'll definitely check them out though. They look fun.

And to answer your questions, Twilight, I have not received a reply yet. I may have explained it a bit in my first letter, but I'm getting to know this person through their writing. The things they like, they dislike, life where they're from, etc., and then on top of that, I also have to look through their letter, look at their penmanship, whether they make lots of spelling errors, whether they correct them and how often, the kind of personality they give off through what words they use. And then, at the end of the semester, we have to then invent a character based on this person we're writing to, which is to be our thesis of the class, per se. And that's just a pre-requisite for next-semester's class.

The next semester, we have to write a short story featuring that character as the protagonist. It sounds a little weird, but I actually took the class specifically for this assignment. To answer your last question, the reason I'm going to school is to become a writer myself. I have no idea if I'm going to write novels, short stories, poems, screenplays, or what yet, but I'm just planning on dipping my toes and getting experience and knowledge where I can.

In fact, I may just start reading comics again too. Just another form of literature I could be getting more well-versed in. Anyways, I don't want to run late, so I'm going to stop the letter here.

Toby

PreviousChapters Next