• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 5,875 Views, 827 Comments

Letters From a Friend - moviemaster8510



A young man forms a long-distance relationship with Twilight Sparkle through a series of letters they send to each other through a magical anomaly.

  • ...
22
 827
 5,875

PreviousChapters Next
9/25/15-Moon 3064, Day 3

Hey there, Twilight, and I assume Rainbow Dash?

Yep, we’re both here. Sorry in advance, I haven’t been able to be as thorough with my explanation about you to her. Rainbow Dash likes to sleep in most mornings and

Hey listen, whatever you are, don’t listen to her. Twilight’s a real kidder she is. I’m actually super busy most mornings, so I couldn’t really talk to her, you know what I mean?

I’m guessing this is Rainbow Dash I'm writing to?

That’s my name, don’t wear it out. Not that you’d ever be able to, bud!

Anyways, you shouldn’t have to feel ashamed around me about getting some extra sleep. Lord knows I love to get an extra hour or three when I have the chance.

Haha yeah, right on! Not to say I’m not busy though. I do happen to fly with the greatest pegasus flight team in Equestria, by the way, but we don’t usually practice until the PM, so yeah.

Since I’m sure you’re practically dying waiting for me to ask, might I ask what the name of this flight team is?

Yeah, sure! We’re called, wait for it...

...

...

...

Ok.a.y. I think I got it.

The Wonderbolts! I’m their newest recruit, and wow, I literally just realized how much it must stink having to be stuck on your world, and you’ll never get to see how awesome we are!

I’m sure I’ll find a way to cope. We have something kind of like that in our world called the Blue Angels, and the come and put on a show every August at the Air and Water Show. However, us humans can’t fly on our own like pegasi and alicorns can, so we use these big machines called planes to allow us to. Though I bet that having wings already makes you that much more agile in the air than a plane can ever be. Sorry, silly question, but you are a pegasus, right?

Kind of hard to be on a flying team if you’re not, dude! Anyways, Twilight did talk to me a little bit about you, and she said that you’re a fan of Daring Do too? Isn’t she just the coolest?

I think you may have misheard her. We talked about a character from my world who’s very similar to this Daring Do, but is not Daring Do. I’m getting her a special device that’ll allow her to watch movies from my world, and one of the ones I recommended and plan on getting features this character. It sounds like you’re a big enough fan of this Daring Do that you’ll probably dig this movie too. Not to be too presumptuous, but I bet if you ask Twilight really nicely, she’ll let you stay over and watch it when I send the device and some of the movies I plan on delivering over.

Haha, looks like we have a joker over here! Listen here, Tuby, Twilight and I go way back, and the two of us
It’s Toby.

Hey, don’t start writing just below me while I’m still writing! Look, Twilight and I are close enough that we could probably come into each other’s homes whenever we wanted, so yeah, I wouldn’t need to ask her for squat!

But yeah, if this dude is anything like Daring Do, I’m sure I’ll like it just fine.

Great! Then it sounds like my job here is done!

Whoa hey

TOBY WHOA

Yes?

You weren’t seriously going to leave me hanging there, were you?

Of course not. I was just glad that I got you interested in that movie. It’s a classic in my world, and I’d love to hear what you think of it (same goes for you, Twilight, if you happen to be reading over your friend’s shoulder).

Yeah, of course! No problem! But if you haven’t read Daring Do, you totally should! I can lend you some of my copies!

That’s not necessary, Rainbow Dash. If those books are as precious to you as you make them sound, I’d hate for them to get damaged or lost in the delivery, so to speak.

Actually, Twilight was saying that she would lend you some of her copies. I guess that’s probably a little easier for all of us. Anyway, she also says that you’ll need to get back to class soon, so when we’re done talking here, I’ll give her a list of the best Daring Do books she can send your way!

Neat. Thanks a lot for that! I still have a few more minutes before I have to start heading for my last class, so if you want to talk just a little bit more, I'm all eyes.

?

It's like "I'm all ears" except we're not actually talking and I can't hear you so... eyes?

Ah, okay! I got you! Anyways, so these movies you talked about, are they anything like our mov

You know what, scratch that. Keep forgetting that you can't see most stuff from here.

No worries. Like you said, there's probably not as easy of a way to see Equestrian movies on my end as there will be to show you movies from my world, but I hope ours dazzle you nonetheless. I'm running to my library after work to rent some movies for your other friends to watch over the weekend once the player arrives, so if you'd like to shoot me some suggestions of other things you like, I should have enough time to think it over before we have to part ways.

Oh, okay! Obviously, I love flying, and flying fast (that's important).

I dunno, I just like it when stuff is happening, you know?

I think I can read between the lines on that. I actually have quite a few ideas popping into my head, and I'll probably have a few more as the rest of the day goes on. Until then, I've gotta be getting to class so, I'm going to pack up and head back in. It was a real pleasure getting to talk to you, Rainbow Dash.

Yeah, sure thing! It was great getting to know you

T

To

Toby. I'll be sure to remember it the next time we have a chance to write.

Sounds good. You and Twilight take it easy!

You too, bud!

PreviousChapters Next