• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 5,874 Views, 827 Comments

Letters From a Friend - moviemaster8510



A young man forms a long-distance relationship with Twilight Sparkle through a series of letters they send to each other through a magical anomaly.

  • ...
22
 827
 5,874

PreviousChapters Next
9/24/15-Moon 3064, Day 2

Testing.

Testing?

Ground control to Major Twi?

Are these even working?

Hey, Toby! I see you clear as crystal on my end! Also, Major Twi?

It's from a song. Anyways, how are you this morning? Sleep in?

As a matter of fact, I did. Was up later than normal making sure you got your journal safe and sound, which you clearly do. Also, I feel fine this morning. You're writing to me later than normal yourself. No classes today, or what happened?

Oh no, I'm in my classroom right now. Now that I don't need my mailbox anymore, I can write to you whenever I feel like it. Class starts in a few minutes, but I can use this anywhere, anytime!

That's great, Toby! I'd hate to cut our chat short, but you should probably get ready for class.

Yeah, I suppose I should. Would hate for some Nosy Nancy to peer around on my desk and find words popping up in a book all on their own. But hey, my class gets out a little before noon (about three hours my time). I should have about an hour before my next class starts and can find somewhere nice and private. Want to keep talking then?

We'll have to see about that. I'm meeting some friends for lunch myself, and I'm not entirely sure if I'll be back before then, but I'll bring my journal just in case. Maybe they'll show up late and I'll have some time to write, or who knows? Maybe they'll have caught wind of my meeting with Celestia and Luna yesterday and have questions. If they do, you don't mind me telling them about you, do you?

Not at all, Twilight. You told me that I shouldn't be expected for our friendship to remain as private as it has been, and if that means your other friends are interested in knowing about me, I say feel free to.

Thank you, Toby. However, I won't necessarily push it on them either. If they find out on their own like Pinkie Pie did, I'll be sure to tell them, but if they don't know, they won't. Is that okay with you?

Sounds just fine with me. K gotta go by

PreviousChapters Next