• Published 22nd May 2012
  • 9,247 Views, 306 Comments

Up in the Clouds, Down to Earth - SleeplessBrony



Fluttershy has a secret, one she thinks only Rarity knows. Fluttershy X Big Mac

  • ...
28
 306
 9,247
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 96 )

You never fail to deliver, Sleepless !

Uh...

No.

Sorry, no. I won't unfave this, but this really didn't do it for me at all, and not just in a sexual way. I usually defend your way with words, but here, it felt like you were stretching a chapter that barely deserved five thousand words beyond its breaking point. All the banter and inner monologuing leading up to the sex I skimmed over, because it was blatantly obvious where you were going with this, and that is one hell of a bad sign. When I'm reading a story, the last thought on my mind should be Get on with it, already!, Monty Python style.

Apart from that: this is where you're going with this story? Really? Drawing people in with promises of FlutterMac and then pulling the rug out from under our feet like that? Sure, it was never going to be an easy gig in your universe, but I honestly don't see how this could ever be brought back on track, especially considering the way you've drawn Fluttershy's feelings towards Rarity in the earlier chapters. "Betrayal" doesn't even begin to describe Rarity's behaviour here (Macintosh actually gets a free pass, mostly due to the issues Fluttershy has, but also because he can't know Rarity is just playing him along); this is unforgivable, and she perfectly well knows it. On the other hand, Fluttershy needs to get it together already. This is getting dangerously close to Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy; there are no sympathetic characters in this story any more, and that's a death knell. The "Romance Reports" style of making the characters go through hell worked in that story, but that was due to the particular characters involved. Here, it doesn't work, because the main characters of this story are completely different people. I cannot see this story's Fluttershy ever forgiving Rarity for what she did when (not if, not in a story like this) she finds out. You've just made it impossible for me to imagine how this story could play out in any way that doesn't end in tears and anger for everyone involved. That's not a good place to be.

Please tell me you have a way of getting this back where it belongs. Please.

Fluttershy and Rarity have both let me down.

2148563

You assume that 'where it belongs' is Fluttermac. All three character tags were on there, and even if this wasn't precisely what I was expecting, I found it to be a well-written and pleasant surprise.

I can see what you meant in your blog about people not liking this chapter... Poor Fluttershy. :fluttercry: You better pull this the fuck together, Sleepless. I have faith.

2148965
Well, the short description is still "Fluttershy has a secret, one she thinks only Rarity knows. Fluttershy X Big Mac". You can see where that might cause some confusion.

2148563 , just think of this like the other story's Braeburn moment. It'll have similar long-term implications, but everything will turn out fine in the end.

...Right? :fluttercry:

2148965 It's described as a FlutterMac story. Also, "Like Fine Wine" doesn't mention Mac with one word, which I assume would be different if he and Rarity ended up together (or for that matter, Rarity and Fluttershy). Ah, the joys of writing your own universe out of temporal order. Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... :derpyderp1:, for lack of a Doctor Whooves smiley.

I spotted a typo: "She pouts again, feeling in awful hollow stab in her gut." Also, you use the word "rump" twice in the same sentence (you know, the one where you describe the heaviness of Big Mac's balls); it's a little verbose in my opinion.

Other than that, there's nothing wrong with this chapter in terms of style and mechanics. Characterization, on the other hand... Well, let me start off by saying that I know how unhelpful these next criticisms are--they're the type of criticisms that can only do good before the chapter is published, or after the whole story is complete. Still, they need to be said, so here you go:

My first reaction to Rarity's behavior was "Jesus Christ, she is being OOC as hell." Then I thought back to Sweet & Elite and decided it was more-or-less within the bounds of her character to betray Fluttershy so completely. Still, this chapter went a lot like I expected it to: Big Mac and Rarity hook up, leaving Caramel and Fluttershy high and dry--and I did expect the mystery date to be Caramel, if you can believe that. What I did not expect was for Rarity and Big Mac to actually have sex. That was an unpleasant surprise. A suggestive make-out session would have been plenty; you didn't have to go all the way to home plate. As it is, the sex-scene feels more exploitative than purposeful.

That said, I still enjoyed this chapter. It was very well-written, and I can't wait to see where things go, but it left a bad taste in my mouth nonetheless.

Ospero #10 · Feb 20th, 2013 · · 11 ·

2149468 First, tone down your arrogance and get off your high horse (and I can't believe I'm the one to say something like this). Someone who doesn't even bother to spell and punctuate their posts properly should not be presuming to lecture other people on basic literary devices.

Second, yes, I have heard of those basic storytelling devices. However, I have also heard of a little thing called "writing yourself into a corner", and that's what happened here, at least as far as I can see. I can't imagine any outcome of this - or more precisely, none that would stay in-character from what we've seen so far - that would keep Rarity and Fluttershy's friendship intact, nor any that would reasonably pair up Mac and Fluttershy after what happened, and I don't think I'm an unimaginative or uncreative person. What Rarity did here is an act of betrayal, plain and simple, and she was fully aware of that to boot. She may be forgiven for that, but no friendship is going to survive something like that intact. When I sign up for a FlutterMac story, I don't expect Mane Six friendships to get shattered in the process. Now I'm dreading what Applejack is going to have to say about this (though she lost any credibility she ever had in this universe with that one side story whose name I can't be bothered to remember, because I hated it).

Of course I'm still relying on Sleepless' ability to surprise me; the writer has more insight into the story than the reader, by default. But the way this stands now, I can't imagine any outcome that preserves the characters as they stand and qualifies as a happy ending by any stretch. Either this ends in tears and rage, or it goes OOC or deus ex machina. Or (take a third option FTW) Sleepless does know where he's taking this ride. My money is on the latter, as are my hopes.

2149246 Admittedly, that moment bore some similarities to what happened here, but it didn't involve a third person who was interested in pursuing a relationship (Applejack's indignation was out of familial love), and Twilight at that stage of "RR" is in no way comparable to Rarity here - where Twilight's actions might be justified, if not excused, by her lack of knowledge on the subject of sex and romance, Rarity should damn well know better; in fact, she does know better and still goes ahead despite that. There's a difference in quality between accidentally hurting someone and actively betraying their trust and friendship. The former can be excused eventually; the latter is a breach of faith that a friendship should never be able to recover from.

I still hold out hope that Sleepless can pull off another miracle save here, but at the moment, I'll admit I don't see how that's possible. :fluttercry:

I've noticed that some folks are getting upset with Flutteryshy not 'getting her act together', as in she should stop being scared and tell her feelings plainly to Big Macintosh. :fluttercry:

What most people here seem to have forgotten was what you introduced in the last chapter during that flashback sequence to her youth; she was nearly date-raped by a colt she had a crush on.

Now, while we ALL know that Big Mac would never do something so horrendous to her, on a subconscious level she is applying that situation to her current feelings (even though consciously she really WANTS to be with him). It's hard to overcome such a deep, psyche-scaring trauma that occurs to one at such a young age. A prime personal example for me: I used to have acrophobia due to an unfortunate accident when I was 4 almost 5, and while I consciously knew that it was silly to be afraid of such things, I would panic when I got on a glass elevator, plus I would have to pump myself up to just get on a roller-coaster even though I knew they were perfectly safe. While I've had plenty of professional help to get over this fear, what help has Fluttershy had with this repressed issue? (My guess would be NONE).

Anyways, looking forward to how the story goes from hear, as I know things will eventually resolve themselves (and have plenty of alternate endings to boot just like Romance Reports did).

"Oh sure." Mac chuckles. "Can't wait for my handsome Prince. Carry me off into the sunset all fairy-tale like."

Brilliant. :rainbowlaugh:

2149495
Fixed the typo, and re-worded the sentence just a bit. Thanks!

As for Rarity...
2148563 (And everyone else)
Obviously this is where I defend the story. Of course I'm going to do that, I wrote it :derpytongue2:. So, uh... anyway.

I don't think it is entirely out-of-character for Rarity to let her desires get the better of her - indeed, I think it's one of her recurring character conflicts. Sure, she represents Generosity, but just like all the other elements it's not a thing that always exactly comes easily to her. In fact, she can be quite greedy, and jealous - but in my opinion, it's because she can overcome that flaw that she really is Generosity, in the end. After all, if it was just automatic, it wouldn't really mean anything, right? She struggles with it, and sometimes she doesn't do the right thing - look at Sonic Rainboom, or Sweet and Elite, or Green Isn't Your Color. It's what makes her an interesting character.

Anyway, I understand if people don't like what I'm doing here. I'll admit that I'm gambling a bit and trying new things, trying to stretch my writer muscles a bit. I do have a plan here, although it's a bit of a long-term gambit.

Also:
2149468
That.

2149036
> You better pull this the fuck together

Man, I really, really hope I do :twilightoops:

2149749 Waaaait...I complained about a lot of things, but I never once said she was OOC. I can see her doing this, no problem, especially in your universe; I just think it's not a good idea on her part. :duck:

2149766
Oh.

Well, uh...

Okay then.

Yeah, it was a pretty bad thing I wrote her doing.

RARITY
WAT R U DOIN
RARITY
STAHP

Or continue, I suppose...

Well and it gets even more complicated because in many ways Rarity would want to give Big Mac an honest shot but was trying not to due to Fluttershy. She then tries what she can to give him to Fluttershy but Fluttershy (understandably in her own thoughts) keeps running off (and Rarity does not know the background info as far as I know so to Rarity Fluttershy is just being crazy shy). The only reason we think Rarity is stringing Mac along is due to Rarity's attempts at being generous to Fluttershy. I am interested to see where this will go and how they will resolve these problems.

I actually liked the look inside Rarity's head to see her rationalize everything and arguing with herself about what she should do (especially doing something for yourself which is something that can actually become a problem for those of us who give so much and ask little in return as we sometimes forget to take care of ourselves). Of course when the other friends get find out things will get even more tense. I do wonder how you relieve some of that tension while continuing the main storyline.

And I leave this chapter mad at Fluttershy, thinking Rarity is too hard on her self, and feeling a little bad for Big Mac.

Huh, never thought about RariMac... Still not quite up there in my list, but I can roll with it. Just wondering how you're going to steer this back into FlutterMac which, I believe at least, was the actual intention (either way works for me, I suppose).

While it felt a bit drawn out in the beginning, I still love the way you do all that over-thinking and inner-monologue segments. Like I said, slightly overdrawn, but then again, I suppose one's thoughts could very well be so overdrawn in such situations. *shrugs*

2150064 A conversational tone that doesn't utilize punctuation marks? I know a few people like that, and they're usually very exhausting to talk to. :pinkiehappy: Also, about the "no misspellings" thing: you don't capitalize "I", and you don't capitalize first words in sentences. Those are misspellings, and they do make your texts harder to read than they need to be. If the desire for readable comments makes me a Grammar Nazi (sure, as a half-Turk born out of wedlock...), so be it.

Also, I react the way I'm talked to. Your original answer to my post insinuated that I was uneducated on the basics of story writing, bordering on insulting my education, if not my intelligence. You came across as incredibly patronizing by pointing out that perhaps this was a story twist, and I didn't know what those were. I put forth the daring theory that everyone who reads this story has that knowledge, so insinuating that I do not was not exactly polite, to put it mildly.

I recognize a story twist when I see one; I just think that this one unnecessarily complicates this story, muddling up a rather basic premise by turning the whole thing into a love triangle more or less out of nowhere. It also drives the whole story into a corner, because Celestia help Rarity when Fluttershy finds out about this; I simply don't see a way this won't destroy their friendship, and while that makes for great story material, I don't believe it belongs in this story; it would deserve a fic of its own. This is my opinion, as is everything I write. Nothing in a comment is ever to be taken as set in stone, unless it's dealing with provable facts, which a story critique usually won't. You're not a fanboy for liking this chapter, and I'm not a hater for not liking it - if you want a hater, go search for "NaturalGlitch" comments on Sleepless' other stories. That's hating. I love "Like Fine Wine", and I like "Romance Reports" and most of this story so far (that AJ story is another matter).

This is why I love Rarity in the fandom. Because she can do shit like this and look damn sexy doing it. The struggles she has are fantastic here, and it's fairly obvious that she's trying so hard to be good for the sake of Fluttershy, who really needs to work through whatever the hell problems she's having if she wants a chance at her idea of happiness, which I love...
But seriously, Sleepless. I fuckin' loved this. The way Rarity loses it and goes for what feels good while feeling like a thief the whole time... That's some powerful shit. And now you've got me all wound up for the fallout.

Have I told you lately that your fic universe is by leaps and bounds the best in the fandom?

Because your fic universe is by leaps and bounds the best in the fandom.

Seriously, every ounce of this fan-canon is solid gold. It's not afraid of being wordy and intricately detailed, it's not afraid of the tough issues, it's not afraid of sex......Between this and the Other Mare update......man. Good night to read fanfic.

Normally I don't even bother to comment if I don't have anything to offer as helpful criticism, but I am just too floored not to gush. Rarity's dilemma is amazingly written, It's wonderful to see Mac maturing (especially given what the Other Mare update brought up), and Fluttershy......man, poor Fluttershy. It's almost painful to watch her so paralyzed. I can really sympathize with all three of the major players here.

So yeah.....absolutely fantastic stuff as always. Keep at it, Sleepless, you remain the best in the fandom. And maybe do some more divinely fabulous Spike/Rarity stuff someday?

Your (usually) quietest fanboy,
--CG

Well that was really something. I have no real love for RariMac but man alive this is a perfect drama for Fluttershy to deal with. :fluttercry: I secretly hope she saw everything. I am so serious right now but this being the building crescendo I can't see how much you can blow it up before it pops! And know this Sleepless, you write some of the best climaxes(giggity) and I can't wait to see what happens next. :yay:

Reading this after having read Like Fine Wine really puts your Rarity into perspective and just how far she eventually goes.

NTL

I liked it. I've been waiting for this conflict to develop for quite a while now and really want to see where you go from here. Compared with previous stories the sex was almost a bit boring, but the lead up to it was great. A highlight of this chapter were (once again) Rarity's conflicted inner monologues.

Good work again :twilightsmile:
NTL

I kinda agree with what some are saying. I really don't like where the story is going, IF it continues with rarity and mac. I understand drama has it's place, and that it is a main factor, but we have had a lot of it and it really doesn't feel right if it goes in this direction. I really hope fluttershy grows some balls because, I would hate to see the story end up with rarity and big mac fucking 24/7 and fluttershy a depressed mare. After this chapter, it feels like a very... I don't know, shallow personality on Rarity that we typically don't see at this kind of level.

Long story short, if this ends with Rarity and Mac all together and happy and Fluttershy depressed, i would be very disappointed in the story. :fluttercry:

On a good note, you do sex well man. That has to be the best piece of clop I have ever read ever. Like, better than romance reports, which is tough to beat. I don't know how you do it, but you write like a pro and this chapter proved how damn good you are at it. :twilightsmile:

Comment posted by Movie Reel deleted May 26th, 2013

...no, just no. Rarity's th' element of Generosity for a reason, if she knew Fluttershy wanted Mac, she woulda never agreed to it in th' first place, let alone nail him. this is really just disappointing now.

2153918 You are forgetting that alcohol was involved. Rarity is going to wake up in the morning with one hell of a headache and one hell of a guilt trip to deal with.

All aboard!

2155489 but if she was truly being portrayed as th' element of generosity she'dve never agreed to the date!

Just caught up, and I just thought I'd like to say this...
:eeyup::heart::duck:
:eeyup::heart::raritystarry:
:eeyup::heart::raritywink:
Please, do go on.:moustache:

Obviously Fluttershy doesn't own Mac, but it's difficult to reconcile someone doing this to their friend. It's something decent people don't do to one another. I'll be surprised if Rarity and Fluttershy are even friends after this. In fact, I'd be disappointed if Fluttershy does forgive her.

I wouldn't have thought that I could get so angry with a fictional character, but the story is engaging.

Back when I used to read Digimon FF romance triangles were in nearly any story with shipping in it. Back then it eventually got a little tiring. Here in FiM I actually have come full circle and miss it every once in a while because you see that much less in this fandom (probably due to the lack of official shipping and triangles in the show).

I also find it interesting that so many are so fast to to disregard what Mac may want.

First off, that came as quite a surprise.

Secondly, I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call it a betrayal, or even out of character. I'm not about to condemn Rarity for what she did, though she's probably going to do that to herself.

I've met people who sacrificed their own happiness in romance exactly like she was about to, over and over. It wasn't worth it. They paid dearly for always putting other people before their own needs; and I'm sorry to say, Fluttershy has been sabotaging her chances too hard for me to feel truly outraged. Pity, yes, but not outrage.

If Rarity and Mac are happy together, I say good for them. For both of them.

Also: Poor, poor Caramel. Just doesn't get a break that one.

Addendum: How Rarity and Fluttershy both suffer from a gnawing envy of the other makes me want to slam my head into a wall. For similar reasons, no less! Gah!

Well Rares, You bucked up... HARD!

A mark of good literature is in the reactions of the reader. I think you've provoked quite a strong response.

I have been dreading this moment since chapter 3. Just thinking about the end of this chapter is making me feel ill. I knew I shouldn't have started reading this story until it was complete. You have created some intensely powerful drama, though I can't help but feel that "manufactured" might be the better word.

One of the things I liked most about Romance Reports was the feel of authenticity. Not necessarily to the canon of the show but within the world that you created. All of the characters felt believable and relatable (with the reasonable exception of a million year old moon goddess). The drama arose from the fact that they were all very different ponies shaped by their own complex histories. Love is complicated and they each had their own notions about it which led to disagreements and pain despite the fact that they were all trying to help the ponies they cared about. All it took was Luna to get the ball rolling and the major plot points arose naturally from the interaction and evolution of the characters.

Here though I get the impression that you have a very specific story to tell, and it promises to be an interesting one, but to bring it about you had to redefine the characters. You wanted to show us Rarity's gut-wrenching betrayal and to do that required making Rarity more selfish, cranking up Fluttershy's patheticness level to 11, and toning down the wisdom and insight that Mac displayed in Romance Reports.

I mean, wasn't Mac's primary motivation for asking Rarity out to try to prove to Applejack that he has truly changed for the better? So on his first date with Rarity he gets drunk and has sex with her? And honestly, there are only so many times we can see Fluttershy go through the cycle of mustering her courage then promptly running away and crying upon seeing Mac before it gets old. Once was enough for me.

I agree that Rarity is often selfish in the show and there is precedent for betrayal of this magnitude in The Sonic Rainboom. She jeopardizes Rainbow Dash's lifelong dream of becoming a Wonderbolt by competing against her in the Young Flyers' Competition on a whim. The key difference here is the level of premeditation. She wasn't thinking at all about Rainbow Dash. Other ponies suggested that she enter and her vanity got the best of her.

Here though she knows that what she is doing is wrong every step of the way. She knows how badly she is going to hurt Fluttershy despite all her rationalizations. She knows she isn't going to have a relationship with Mac and decides that using him for one night of sex is worth risking her friendship with Fluttershy. This, I believe, is contrary to her character from the show. She can be self-centered and thoughtlessly do selfish things, but whenever she stops to make a conscious choice she always puts the ponies she cares about before her own desires, no matter how hard it may be. That's what makes her the element of generosity and a likable pony.

I don't necessarily think it is wrong to change the characters from the show. The problem I have is the characters you have created in this story are no longer relatable. As someone else mentioned earlier there are no sympathetic characters. Seeing all three main characters make obviously bad decisions makes the resulting drama feel contrived. If I were not already so emotionally invested in the characters as I know them from the show and your other work I don't think I would have even made it this far into the story because I wouldn't like any of them. It was not the events of the story that made Romance Reports so compelling but the characters, and it feels like you've taken the opposite approach here.

That being said, I am still interested in seeing how this story turns out. I cannot fathom how this can come to a satisfactory happy ending. You knew this would upset some people but you did it anyways so I trust that you've got something good in store for us.

Either way, she touches her arm to his.

Wait a second...ponies don't have arms...

I'm actually far sadder about the response from some of the readers than about anything within the chapter. I loved every conflicted moment of Rarity's inner monologue. I too write her as someone struggling against her selfish urges but the way you've captured her loneliness, that starvation for affection and touch that can get the better of you, its beautiful in its truth. I can see this happening between even the best of friends. It could ruin those friendships but that doesn't always matter in those moments. Hell, I've done as bad or worse myself back in my salad days. Even now, remembering being helpless in the grips of desire, loneliness, and moral conflict can get my heart-rate up. If you've never been in a situation like this before...well, I honestly hope you get to be one day. You really learn truths about yourself in those moments.

Keep writing, keep taking these kinds of chances, love the work.
Biochi

2149703 While I agre for the most part, Ospero, Rarity's pretty drunk here and probably extremely frustrated in a lot of ways (not least of which being trying to set up her friend with somebody she's rapidly discovering she likes herself, a friend who by all her actions has shown disinterest :fluttershysad: ). Rarity would probably never do something like this if she weren't intoxicated.

We know better, but try to look at it from the characters' perspectives.

2163070 I've read that old chestnut far too many times, and it doesn't become any truer with the repetition. Just because Cheerilee's Garden made me want to scream, cry and vomit bone marrow in about equal measure doesn't mean it's a good story (note: I am not comparing this story to CG. I'm just trying to show the flaw in this particular argument). Confusion is an emotional reaction; does that mean any fic tagged "Random" is by definition good? Anger at being had is an emotional reaction; does that make every trollfic the greatest story ever written?

2163594 Now this I can relate to. :twilightsmile:

2163733 This is a quirk of Sleepless' writing, and the term "arm" is actually used for the front limbs of four-legged animals, so it's justifiable. I find it just as jarring as you do, though.

2165073 That's the main issue I have with this chapter: the rapid slide into Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy. No one here is the good guy; everyone does things out of selfish reasons, including Mac, who had an entire story in this universe dedicated to making him into something better than what he is here. To use a music analogy: if Need was Enrique Iglesias' singing career, slowly building up a reputation as "a good man", then this chapter is Tonight I'm F***ing You (ba-dum-tish!), throwing that right out the window. This might be more realistic than the show, but if you want to keep up a connection to the canon, however flimsy, you have to make some allowances in the realism department, and I felt this chapter went off the rails in that regard.

"Ahem!" Rarity composes herself expertly.

She had certainly never filled in the sweaty details with her own imagination, alone at night in her old bedroom at her parent's home.

A lot of what Rarity shows to the world is facade and stagecraft. The fake accent -- nothing like her parents' and sister's -- the fake eyelashes and hair done just so. The show presents her as a good pony, deep down. But sometimes the good has trouble shining through all that... bullshit. For the most part, I like the way you've handled these aspects of Rarity's character in this story. The opening of this chapter is a great example. So are the little revealing non-truths scattered throughout, like the two quotes above. Nicely done. :)

It would be easy to be unsympathetic to her if you hadn't also fleshed out the show's presentation of her as a workaholic who's unlucky in love. Here she's getting downright desperate, and seems to have been handed a fantastic guy that her smitten friend seemingly refuses to take. I do feel for her. But then, watching the date unfold, I facepalmed so many times that I think I'll still have this red mark across my mug tomorrow morning.

Celestia's mane, Rarity! She had so many opportunities to do the right thing and she just fucked them all up. One. By. One. :facehoof:

And then there's this...

Those were supposed to be a gift!

Right. Because your own nightstand is where you keep the "gift" condoms. :flutterrage:

That one line got me thinking that, on some level, she's planned this from the start. And suddenly, I started to dislike this take on Rarity. Not the execution, which is excellent, but the character herself. :twilightangry2: Her inner monologe in this chapter gives me the cold comfort of thinking that she may hate herself in the morning, but her actions leave me with little confidence that her self-loathing will change a damned thing. :unsuresweetie:

I am enjoying this quite a bit, though the fallout is going to be amazing. I keep getting the image of Fluttershy's hooves around Rarity's throat. But in some sense I can't completely blame Rarity. She did try to help Fluttershy with Mac and Flutters just threw those chances away. But at the same time, having being Flutters confident in all of this for so long should have meant Mac was off-limits to her if she gave one damn about her friend.

So I can understand how this all happened and why, but Rarity and Fluttershy's friendship...I can't see that being salvaged. Fluttershy's element is kindness after all, not forgiveness. Flutters might even out of her kindness let Rarity and Mac's relationship go on; but go out of her way to never be around Rarity again. But these are my thoughts and I am quite interested to see what happens next. : )

Here I go again, kind of like with Romance Reports.
I'm going to keep reading, because I really like the author's style, with the combination of writing in present tense and really getting us into the characters heads. However, I'm going to be continuing in spite of some cognitive dissonance.
And, well, in the Romance Reports universe (I haven't read fics from him yet not set in the RR world), apparently EVERYONE has sex on the first date.

So, yeah, I don't like that aspect of his stories...but I know I'm far too addicted to his stories to actually stop.

Prince Blueblood, rose stem in his teeth, impossibly lifting Macintosh in his hooves and prancing off with the swooning stallion.

FImFic cannon primed...Fire!!! :flutterrage:
:rainbowlaugh:

wwwelp
I've been watching this for months and still hadn't actually read past chapter two till now...gosh do I feel silly :rainbowlaugh::twilightblush:

hope to see more soon...since, you know, me writing anything in a timely fashion is an utterly ridiculous proposal and so I cant really get on anyone's case about MOAR or anything :facehoof:

still, Rarity's gonna has a horrible morning once she gets past this hangover :raritydespair::raritycry::flutterrage:

Excellent writing, as usual. Overall I very much enjoyed the internal and external dialogues and your ability to cleverly convey the scenes. Just sitting back and objectively analyzing what you've done to create and develop the scenes you have really floors me.

The overall anxiety of all of the characters is a bit wearing, though, and it's difficult not to feel a lot of angst toward all of them (as much as I really want to see them all be happy, of course), but I think I understand the direction you took with all of this. I'm hoping you can give us a little breathing room soon, even with the obvious boatload of fallout that's coming.

Definitely looking forward to the next chapter.

Login or register to comment