• Published 21st Jun 2015
  • 6,971 Views, 94 Comments

Apple To The Core - Diamond Sparkle



After Diamond Tiara's sabotage of a carnival float causes the death of Apple Bloom, she is punished for it in a brand new way.

  • ...
52
 94
 6,971

Alternate Chapter-In the Hive

It was cold in the Hive, for an uncocooned pony. Since kidnapping her and faking her death, Apple Bloom had been treated remarkably well. She now had an elegant dress of fine purple silk that Diamond Tiara would have been proud to wear, silver bangles upon each fetlock, all sorts of books to read including some secret Changeling Histories never read by pony eyes, and every time a concealed changeling came back to the Hive with full love sacs, they brought apples and other pony food for her. She even had a small field open to the sun for her to grow plants or just warm herself up, and the changelings treated her almost like a princess, as well as bringing her regular news about the outside world.

“Your sister and her friends are not going to save you, Apple Bloom. Everypony thinks you are dead. Not only that, but we managed to pin the crime on that bully who used to pick on you, Diamond Tiara. And she’s being subjected to a kind of punishment that I have never heard of before, that I didn’t think that ponies were even capable of. She’s been genetically modified to look and sound exactly like you. Now she’s being mentally conditioned to read your favourite magazines and books, listen to your favourite music, eat your favourite foods and even go on regular crusades with those little friends of yours. Your sister couldn’t be happier. She never visits your grave anymore.”

Apple Bloom’s jaw dropped open.

“No they wouldn’t. Applejack, Big Mac, Granny, none of them would just write me off like that and knowingly accept a fake as me.”

Queen Chrysalis levitated a photo over to Apple Bloom with her magic.

“So this isn’t the new you looking so happy at the latest Apple Family reunion? I didn’t want to show you that picture, really I didn’t, but it’s the only way for you to get closure.”

“Why did you take so much time and trouble to have me kidnapped? I’m just an average filly. It was not to cocoon me and drain all my love, and it was not to hold me for a nice fat ransom in jewels or bits.”

“I want you as a royal daughter. I want your love willingly given, as that will greatly reduce the amount of love that the drones have to bring in from outside. It was the death of the last pony daughter that I had in my hive through cancer that caused the breaching of the Masquerade that all changelings normally live under and the attack on Canterlot. A full size Changeling Hive takes a lot of love to feed. As a daughter you would be loved, respected and fully trusted. And you even get a coronation.”

“I’ll be your daughter, Chrysalis. As my own family have totally abandoned me.”

Chrysalis gave Apple Bloom a forehead kiss, feeling the love of her new daughter filling the Hive, where any hungry changeling could have some without hurting Apple Bloom.

Later that night Apple Bllom would be crowned with an elegant crown of twisted silver and gold set with emeralds in front of every changeling in the entire Hive.

Comments ( 5 )

Well, out of all the stories I expected to see updated, this one wasn't even on my radar. Interesting...

Is apple bloom gonna want revenge?

11876696
I think she’s content to be a daughter of Chrysalis because she is treated so well.

11876693

Yes, if I do another chapter of this fic it would be something like that. :)

Login or register to comment