• Published 21st Jun 2015
  • 6,948 Views, 94 Comments

Apple To The Core - Diamond Sparkle



After Diamond Tiara's sabotage of a carnival float causes the death of Apple Bloom, she is punished for it in a brand new way.

  • ...
52
 94
 6,948

My Little Diamond (light)

As the cock crowed on the Apple farm, the new edition of Apple Bloom yawned and opened her eyes. She hated the mornings and having to get up early like this. But Applejack would come and push her out of bed if she didn't get up soon. She got up and placed her red ribbon in her hair. I miss my tiara. I miss my old name. I miss my old life. Back at the mansion the servants will be serving breakfast in bed to my parents as always. Do my parents still miss me? Have they had another foal? Do they want to adopt a pony to replace me? Maybe they've hired another pony to look and act like me, but that cannot be the case as I would have seen her at school. She went down for her normal breakfast of apple turnovers and apple tarts and, as it was not a school day, looked at her blank flank and knew where she should go. The Cutie Mark Crusader clubhouse where she would have to do yet more stupid, inane, often dangerous things to earn a new cutie mark to replace the silver tiara that once glittered upon her flank.

She set off into Ponyville knowing she could not afford to be late or it might get her into trouble. Apple Bloom was never late for Cutie Mark Crusader meetings. She was halfway there when she saw Silver Spoon up ahead. How she longed to hug Silver Spoon and do her "Bump, bump, sugar lump, rump" routine. Then they would talk about all that had gone on and go shopping together like old times. But it was not to be, as merely talking to Silver now was technically a breach of her parole. She doubted the Apples would want her sent to Foalsom Prison now after she had done so well for them, but the unspoken threat was always there. So she did what was expected of her and hid from Silver Spoon by going down a nearby alley that would get her to the clubhouse quicker. She was almost threw it when another pony entered the alley up in front of her. Her father, Filthy Rich.
stood there, and she was about to turn away when he smiled and beckoned her forward with a hoof. "We can speak freely here...Diamond. I've missed you so much."

"Am I really still your precious Diamond and still your pretty princess? I thought you had disowned me and wanted nothing more to do with me? Does Mother miss me too?"

"I was very annoyed at you at first for getting Apple Bloom killed and for getting yourself convicted on top of that. You brought shame to the Rich family. But I'm not angry any more, and of course you are still my precious Diamond. And your mother misses you deeply as well. They may have changed your mane and your coat colour and your voice, and erased your tiara cutie mark, but I still know my Diamond. When I see other families with their daughters I miss you even more."

"Can I come back to the mansion....please?" Diamond gave her most appealing look to her father, who sadly shook his head.

"If you want to stay out of Foalsom Prison, you have to be an Apple and do your best to replace Apple Bloom. And do it well. No half-assed stuff. But know that you have not been disowned and we love you and miss you and wish that you were back with us. How are the Apples treating you?"

"They treat me ok, Daddy, but they are not as sweet and kind as you and mother, and I have to buck apples and the farm, do the washing up and other such things. As well as stupid, sometimes dangerous things to get my cutie mark. At least once a new cutie mark appears I won't have to do that sort of thing anymore. There are times when they are very nice to me though."

Filthy planted a warm kiss on his disguised daughter's forehead, knowing that she loved forehead kisses. "Now you have to get on your way or your fellow Crusaders will start wondering where you are, and may even think that you have run away. If we meet publically in the street, remember that you are an Apple on the surface, with a Diamond hidden deep inside. Goodbye Diamond. I love you."

"Goodbye Daddy." As Diamond walked away, there was a flash on her flank and her new cutie mark appeared; a diamond inside an apple. She saw it and a big smile appeared on her face. The other Cutie Mark Crusaders would be so happy for her and maybe a bit jealous too.

Author's Note:

I decided to add a sweet chapter to this otherwise very dark fic.