• Published 21st Jun 2015
  • 6,960 Views, 94 Comments

Apple To The Core - Diamond Sparkle



After Diamond Tiara's sabotage of a carnival float causes the death of Apple Bloom, she is punished for it in a brand new way.

  • ...
52
 94
 6,960

Pardoned

As it turned out, although Diamond and most of the wedding guests feared a changeling attack, and each of them had to undergo being probed with anti-changeling wands to detect any disguised changelings, the high amount of security this time proved to be a case of nothing worse then severe paranoia. Diamond frankly did not blame Shining Armour or Princess Cadence for being so determined to make sure that nothing went wrong this time on their special day. It felt so good to wear such a beautiful dress again. As Apple Bloom she hardly ever got to wear anything except for the simple red bow in her hair. What was even better was that she got to see her parents sitting in one of the front rows next to Jet Set and Upper Crust and the Spoons. How she longed to rush up to them and hug them and kiss them and tell them that although she had been forced to look and act like Apple Bloom for so long, she was still their daughter deep inside. Her new cutie mark, an apple with a diamond inside, made that quite clear. Silver Spoon was there of course, in her finest dress, a silver ribbon in her plaited hair, but she looked different. Her fur seemed a deeper shade of grey, and she had clearly been missing her best friend terribly. Diamond longed to gallop up to her, do their little dance and let her know that she was not forgotten , but acting as her parole officer, Twilight had banned all contact with her favourite filly.

Twilight had told her"Apple Bloom, you are an Apple to the core now, and will act like the old Apple Bloom at all times. And there is no way the old Apple Bloom would have had anything to do with Silver Spoon, who constantly called her a blank flank and insulted her at every opportunity. You don't want to serve any time in Foalsom Prison for a parole violation, do you? Even a week or two there would be very unpleasant for a sweet little filly like you." Diamond Tiara let out a deep sigh. "On the plus side, you are doing so well. Applejack is back to her old self now that she has you to be her beloved sister. Keep it up."

After the vows had been said, Princess Celestia walked forward and said "Congratulations on your wedding and long may your marriage last. I have an important announcement to make that had to remain classified for a while, to avoid giving important information out to our changeling foes. It was in fact a changeling who was responsible for the murder of Apple Bloom. That was before the attack on Canterlot, when most ponies were convinced that changelings were just an unpleasant fairy tale, so a changeling defence was not available for her lawyer to use. Unlike now, when all too many ponies are using the Changeling Defence in court. Diamond Tiara, I restore you to your family and friends and restore your name to you. I also grant you two thousand bits in compensation, and personally apologise for your wrongful conviction."

"Thank you, Princess."

Diamond Tiara bowed politely to Princess Celestia, knowing that decorum and royal protocol demanded it, and went straight to Silver Spoon with a big smile upon her face.

"Bump, bump, sugar lump rump! I have been waiting to do our little dance for so long and we are going to have, like, so much fun hanging out together once more." She kissed her friend on the cheek, seeing her smile and brighten up now that she could be back in her life. Then she went to her parents, embracing them and kissing them and being kissed in return. Her mother took her tiara, that had been returned to her parents earlier, and placed it firmly on her daughter's head.

"Dad, Mum, I have missed you both so much! And I can't wait to move back in with you."

Seeing from across the room that Applejack seemed about to cry, she trotted back to her and kissed her cheek too. "You were a good sister to me, and the other Apples were good too. I can still be Apple Bloom for you and them from time to time, just not all the time."

"I'll miss you, sugarcube, but I'm sorry, I really thought that you were guilty," Applejack replied.

As Diamond Tiara walked back home with her parents and Silver Spoon by her side, life was good.