• Published 15th May 2015
  • 7,608 Views, 276 Comments

Gentleman's Gift - Demon Eyes Laharl



A continuation of Gentleman for Mares, focusing back on Harry 'Wingman' Larson as he meets old and new faces as he continues his job as a Gentleman.

  • ...
36
 276
 7,608
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 42 )

that she was busy

Double space between she and was. That's all I could find wrong.

I like that you haven't herded Harry. I've read a lot of the opinions on the subject in the comments from other people and I understand the connection between this universe and the Leroverse cannot be ignored. I contend that what sets this universe apart from that one is the monogamy-friendly atmosphere, and the connection to show canon, within reason, that is also pro-monogamy. Yes, folks, all the relationships in MLPFiM are mono. Herds explaining stuff is all well in good as it is essentially writing between the gaps, but in my view, to glorify it would be to cheapen what's been accomplished here.

That's my two cents.

Woohoo, the Gentleman succeeds, and goes out to lunch.

What kind of lunch?

<sunglasses>

Ploughmare. :trollestia:

Next story, please.

I require more Gentlemen stories

Aw man. Harry is so sweet. I seriously love that series, please tell us you plan on doing more? After all, there's still this kinda unresolve situation between Twilight and Harry, and potenially other mares (I think there's plenty left ^^)

Also, while reading this epilogue, I came to wonder when would Harry give Eve the Gentleman treatment? For some reason, even though it's his job, I thinks it would be a very sweet and ... gentlemanly way of courting, if you take into account Eve and Harry are already together.

Hmm... It sounded better in my head though. Whatever, I'd find it sweet as a gesture for Eve, 'cause she's a handler, therefore she never gets to be treated like the customer mares.

Anyway, great story! I love the character development. and as I said, I'm hoping for more :3

“Harry?” she asked, unable to believe my presence. “When did you—? I thought you were in a meeting?”

“And miss spending time with you on your birthday?” I asked.

“You… remembered,” she said, whispering the last word. Her eyes glistened with a few tears, but she wiped them away immediately. “I thought you forgot.”

Dawww.:twilightsmile:

I feel like I missed something with the talk about what happened to Sea Swirl and the TV show appearance or whatever towards the beginning of the story, but besides that my only complaint is that there isn't more of this to read. Well done as always, dood.

I is torn. I like how you ended the story the first time, and then adding this, but now I want more! :fluttershysad:

Way too short for my tastes.

Too short, need more!

Okay, that was good, and I'll give you extra points for surprising me on the gift. Please don't keep us waiting for another story for too long, even tho they might take time. We're all looking forward to seeing what happens next in this universe.

'Rubs hands together'

Yes. Yes! Now nothing will get in the way of griffin and changeling related chapters!

Commence read.

Glad that all came together nicely.

If it were longer, or a sequel were to follow, then possibly some drama on the regulations being changed, or some-such struggle.
I guess? Maybe? No idea.

Now to only wait and see what happens in the Gentlemanverse.

great story! i really love the Gentlemanverse. A true highlight around here.

This fic..... I like it.

ANOTHER!!!

Soooo is this the end of gentlemen for mares? Will you do another story like this? Like um wingmans cousin is caught in the same situation with the Griffins or diamond dogs? Just throwing that out there.

I feel like I've just gotten re-addicted to a drug and there's none left.
Why would you do this to me man?
I don't know if I can handle the withdraws this time.

6094216 This is just a small bridgefic. The real sequel has yet to be unleashed upon the world of Fimfiction. Be afraid, be very afraid! :pinkiecrazy:

Okay that was a pretty sweet fic between the two. I thought he was going to marry her but it looks like he was just getting ready for her birthday. I'm glad that I read this fic after reading the latest chapter of Feathered Heart. Though I have to wonder if the fic is still happening or did it really just end the year before this story starts. Either way, I'm happy that the two of them are still getting along and their love is stronger than ever, nice job. The only thing that I miss is the lack of tail mentions during the previous chapter, but other than that it was nice to catch up with the protagonist that started it all.

So first off let me just say that this, this is once again one of the best fanfics i have ever read. This series has been amazing and the content is so alluring, juicy and heartfelt that has me up all night trying to read it until i finally finish reading it but passed out when writing the review. Even though this story felt short I still fell in love with it all over again with gentleman series I hope I could read more in the future if you publish anymore chapters to this story. However, not everything is guaranteed so I'm not getting my hopes too high... Dang it am I really crying again; this series really hits home and it has done so much for me and has given me the courage for real life problems when I was reading the first course of the story. When I first saw this series I instantly knew it was something special from your name (Disgaea) to your description hook and even now you are consistent at what you do and your constantly learning and taking advice your watchers give you. Basically what I'm trying to tell you is that I just want to say thank you for whatever it's worth and making this wonderful story and I feel so thankful for finding it; so keep doing what you're doing because you have no idea on how you might effect somebody's life. Thank you :twilightsmile: :raritywink:

6226535

:twilightsmile: I'm glad you enjoyed the series so far. Thank you for reading.

6238184

Well, mostly raw materials. Tellus is pretty much a good place for precious stones and minerals. Plus magic-technology working together is a good potential for money.

You shall receive an instant favorite, my good man. Hopefully, this'll live up to the high standards of the original.

I just noticed that this existed last night, and plowed through it the following day. Love all your work man. If you made a Patreon I would totally support you.

That was fun, may I have another? Looking forward to more.
Keep up the good work. Deus tecum.

I love this

6226699 please continue, please? :fluttershysad:

I can only think of one word to describe this short story.
Love.

7076740

I agree the base personality of both seem alike, but I'd like to think both are just showing they are pretty much normal, average people that have grown up in a somewhat balanced environment. They both also seem to have a somewhat similar moral code, though to what degree changes on their childhood.

The difference between the two are also apparent as you have pointed out. Marco is a much more confrontational person who would readily speak his mind and can back up his actions. He's also less likely to think of the consequences. He'd fit less in Equestria, being rather dominant figure. His goofy side has only been shown by people he likes. I found that more realistic than just having him a completely one-sided personality. You can even guess that it's his friendship with Chris that gives him that type of quirk.

Harry is more conforming, but does show some degree of backbone and a far more flexible moral code. He's more or less getting less conflicted about polyamory yet still maintain a easily recognizable moral code. He's really fitting in Equestria. His easy-going personality is more dominating as it shows to almost all his clients.

I think that's the main difference, really, and I feel that's more than enough for both. Then again, though, as far as character growth goes, Harry's already ahead, considering he's had two stories already, while Marco is still on that growing phase. I have a few fun stuff to get into with him, and we'll see how it goes.

Nice little sequel I loved it!

This story was like a beautiful sunset at noon. Ended way too fast! I really hope for a sequel.

I read these stories way too fast and I regret it.

What the hell. You tease us with twilight and end the story before it delves into it. Also, it seemed like you were trying to go a whole different direction with this sequel. All in all this story left me wanting more and honestly I want to see this love bloom between Rarity, Eve, possibly Twilight, and Harry

HIE

I cant believe it!, I read both the first story and this sequel in under a day.
I mean my god this amazing piece of fiction had my fall attention for the past 12 hours and they have to be the best MLP FIM stories I have ever read. I dont know how you did it, but I do hope you continue doing it.

Also if you plan on doing sequel to this story, I would find it interesting if the man of the hour finally met Pinke Pie, also Rarity acutely considering buying him.

It was a amazing story but it ended too quick like what about talking to sea swirl about everything that happened and hopefully become friends. And not to mention the tease with twilight

It's times like these where I wish I read slower. As i was able to finish the sequel in under 30 min. But again I am left wanting more from you. I love your work and hope that you will continue to entertain us.

That was sweet. Also love how you handed Harry x Sea Swirl. In future if you will write sequel, I hope to see Eve and Harry meet her again.

What what WHAT!! That can't be the end, where is all my eve fluff and clop that I've been waiting for? What about the twilight tease? Noooooooooooo!

10923986
Thx for replying an old comment, such as this. Brings me back to the old fics I read, ya' know?
Quick question though, what does 'Heinlein-esque' mean? Tried searching for it, but the results wasn't clear for me.

Login or register to comment