• Published 13th Dec 2014
  • 3,080 Views, 52 Comments

Pinkie Pi - Blu_Ray



This story takes place in an alternate universe where Pinkie Pie, know known as Pinkie Pi and Twilight Sparkle, in this world named Twilight Sparkler, have opposite personalities.

  • ...
4
 52
 3,080

Alternative Ending

Twilight Sparkler was about to exit when she remembered she wanted to ask her friend something. "Uh... Pinkie? Can I ask you now?" the unicorn asked.

"Sure. What?" Pinkie replied, cleaning off the chalkboard.

"What if in an alternate dimension somewhere, oh, I don't know... you and I had somehow swapped personalities, and I was smart and you were whatever I am, and if I also at the same time was a princess with wings?"

"I doubt that's possible." Pinkie rolled her eyes.

"Are you sure? I mean, you did this math and all... I don't know. To me, traveling intergalactic dimensions to an opposite world seems easier to me than algebra." The purple pony left the room.

Pinkie sighed. If I was ever as hyped as that pony...

Suddenly, a purple and green little dragon popped his head in."Pinkie? Hey, can I ask you something?"

"I'm at work, Spike. Call me by my work name." The pink pony said, returning to her job at the seismograph machine.

"Sorry." Spike cleared his throat, "Professor Pi, what does it mean if you somehow find a huge black hole in your bedroom wall and all you see through it is rainbow sparkles?"

"Nice comedy, Spike. Now please let me get back to work... this machine detected an earthquake all the way from Unicorn Range. Now, Ponyville could be in trouble, so if you would ple-"

"I'm serious!" Spike said. He was using his serious tone of voice, and his face matched up his emotional complexion.

"Alright, alright, fine. But if this is a joke..." Pinkie followed her assistant up the stairs.

Pinkie gasped as she walked into her bedroom. Sure enough, like Spike had said, there was a huge hole in the wall leading into what looked like outer space.

Pinkie Pi walked towards it, and then stuck her hoof in.

"Pin- I mean Professor! What are you doing?" Spike shouted with worry as the hole sucked in the pink pony.


Pinkie Pi landed in... her house? But, this house was more colorful and bright, unlike her stable, clean, natural-feeling home. Suddenly, she looked up to see her purple unicorn friend Twilight Sparkler, and - herself?

"Do you think she's alright?" The other Pinkie asked.

"Let's do a test. Hello! I'm Twilight Sparkle, and this is my friend Pinkie Pie. Who are you?" The purple pony asked.

"I'm Pinkie Pi. And you're Twilight Sparkler, and you are some sort of impostor!" Pinkie Pi said, facing the other Pinkie Pie.

"Is she from the pool? I thought we got rid of them all..." Pinkie Pie said.

"Excuse me, but I don't think you exactly know what's going on." Twilight changed the subject, hopefully intending for it to be positive.

"I don't I went through a hole in my wall, and now here I am!"

"I think you are from an alternate dimension somewhere, oh, I don't know... you and I had somehow swapped personalities, and I was smart and you were whatever I am, and if Twilight Sparkle here was also at the same time was a princess with wings!" Pinkie Pie said, bouncing up and down.

"How- how did you-" Pinkie Pi stuttered.

"You had better go home before anything damaging happens." Twilight said.

"Before I go back, would you mind turning?" Pi asked.

"Turning?" Twilight was confused.

"Are you a princess?"

"Well, uh, yes." Twilight showed Pinkie Pi her wings.

Pinkie Pi gasped. After facehoofing herself, she went back through the portal.


"Pinkie! What happened?" Spike was anxious.

"Let's just say traveling intergalactic dimensions to an opposite world seems easier to me than algebra at the moment." The earth pony said.

Spike had no idea what just happened to his friend, but somehow with her acting like Twilight Sparkler, she seemed more... natural.

Author's Note:

My whole story has been unedited, so if you see any mistakes please let me know nicely in the comments! Thanks! :pinkiecrazy:

Comments ( 44 )

So funny! I loved it! :rainbowlaugh:

bruh dats a good story even though its got no luna :pinkiehappy: :facehoof:

congrats for getting on popular stories list!

in fact imma follow you bruh

Nice pun.

5375676
5375705
Thanks to both of you! :pinkiehappy:

I just saw this pop up on the Popular Stories list, so I decided to read it. Needless to say, I loved it! A very short but funny one-shot with an alt ending is one of my favorite types of stories I love to read on this site. :pinkiehappy: And as for that math problem, it was nice to refresh my mind on algebra.

Upvoted, fav'd, and bookshelved. :twilightsmile:

5375755 Thanks! I really appreciate all of the upvotes and bookshelfing you and everyone else is giving me. I never really thought my own story would even ever be on the popular list to be honest. :pinkiesmile:

A decent story, I'll give you a thumbs up. Plus the cover art is cute.

This is an interesting concept.

But you perhaps could have made it a little more unique rather than the two characters switching bodies.

Still, it's a fun little oneshot!

Pinke Pi: "What gives, Princess??? The other me got to be an alicorn!"

Well, we know what happens when AJ and Rarity switch personalities.*coughTrenderhoofepisodecough* Is there a fic where RD and Flutters switch personalities?

5376627 Thanks! I might even use some on my story(ies)! :pinkiehappy:

5376286 Not that I know of... :applejackunsure:

5375972 Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.

Hmm. The premise was good but there hardly happened anything to pull real feelings (from me). Grammar and spelling was well done as far as I could see and it was pleasant to read. You could do more with it if you make this a bit longer or explore the theme more. Otherwhise the potential get lost. :twilightsmile:

5381246 Thanks! Like I said in one of my author's notes, when it comes to math I am exactly like Twilight Sparkler. :twilightsheepish:

5381399 me too bruh im twilight sparkler

Not bad.
クール物語、bruh。




...Thank god for google translate.

That was very good for what it was, but I think it would have been even better as a longer story. The idea was great, but you don't really have the space to expand it into something truly special with a story as short as this. All in all, it was an enjoyable read, I just wish there was more to read.

Hmm, most curious. Good but curious.

5382600 I'm considering a sequel. :twilightsmile:

5383403 That's great to hear! :yay:

5383407
5376286
I noticed you guys wanted a sequel. My marefriend Vanilla Mocha is writing a Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy personality switch, and I thought that you guys would be extremely interested. If you are, then you can PM me, and when she tells me she published it I'll send you guys the immediate link.

This also goes to anypony else that would like the link.

The cover art kinda looks like one of my friends. (She is also smart like Pinkie Pi.)

5389673 oh my gosh bruh me tooooooooooooooooooooooooo :pinkiegasp:

This is an interesting concept, that's for sure. So, I was very interested in reading this and even excited. After reading this, I did quite enjoy your story. The english seemed pretty solid, if you ask me. However, I think that you should expand upon these "Pinkie Pi" and "Twilight Sparkler" characters. The scene where Pin- *clears throat* Professor Pi helps Twilight Sparkler was cute and indeed cute and definitely shows their alternate selves. But, all I suggest is that you could add more scenes that supports the switched personalties/alternate ponies thing.

Also, in the alternate ending, I think you can do better with that. First of all, since this is an alternate universe, I have to question why the Spike in the MLP universe we all know and love is in the same universe in this story. Did the Spike in the canon universe dimension hop? Does the Spike in the Pinkie Pi universe just remain the same for no reason at all?

Another thing, I think that the execution could be done better as well. Spike just popping up and saying, "Hey guys, check out this random portal!" just feels a tad awkward, in my opinion.

But like I said before, your english is solid and this story is a very interesting concept. I heard that you are actually making a sequel, and I'm really looking forward to it. Nonetheless, this story has some flaws, but it was certainly full of fun deserving an upvote.

Keep writing,
Bubbles

5427285 Thank you for taking the time to read and especially upvote my story! It is very appreciated. My friend Vanilla Mocha actually wrote a sequel, and I'll post the link below. As for my short stories (like so) I don't go very much into detail This story in particular only took about forty five minutes in total to write, and for me that is quick. But when writing in the future, I'll keep your tips in mind. :pinkiesmile:

The sequel can be found here.

5558911 Meh. Like I said, I don't do math, so I just went with his answer. But, hey, you did good. At least, if I knew math I would be completely positive... ugh and this is what I get for writing a story on something I barely know anything about! :twilightsheepish:

5389110 Is the sequel out yet? If it is, then can I please have a link?

5815285 Thank you for the compliments. I am glad you liked my story!

Although there's not much meat to the story, it's well written enough and I love the concept. Hope to see more of it!

Love this!

7085464

Mine would probably be a sword and shield.

Full review here, but in brief: potentially lots of fun, but I wish it had done something beyond simply swapping the two personalities. This feels a bit like a prologue to a longer fic that never happened.

Awesome story mate!

5381789

クール物語、bruh。

Imagine: my face, when I can read that :rainbowkiss:!

(Yep! That means "cool story"!)

(It is also pronounced: kuuru monogatari!)

Login or register to comment