• Published 8th Nov 2014
  • 5,126 Views, 160 Comments

Rainbow Pony Rangers? - MythrilMoth



Pinkie Pie makes the Rainbooms wear Power Ranger costumes.

  • ...
19
 160
 5,126

It's Anthropomorphin' Time!

Sunset Shimmer, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy stared at Pinkie Pie and the clothing rack standing next to her.

"Pinkie, what the heck is that?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Pinkie wore a form-fitting pink spandex bodysuit with white boots, white gloves, a high white collar, a white belt, and a six-color rainbow "sash", bordered in black, that ran from her left shoulder to her right hip. Pink stripes ran up the sides of her boots, joining with the white stripes that ran up her legs all the way to her armpits. The silver buckle of her belt was shaped like the eight-pointed star crest of Canterlot High School. A trio of white balloons adorned the chest of her strange outfit. Tucked under her arm was a round pink helmet with a black visor shaped like Vinyl Scratch's shades and molded pony ears on the sides.

"I made some fun costumes for us!" Pinkie said cheerfully. "I know that's usually Rarity's thing, but I just had the bestest idea ever and I just had to run with it!" She grinned broadly at her friends. "We can be the Rainbow Pony Rangers!"

The others stared at her flatly.

"...what?" Sunset Shimmer asked.

"Yeah that's not happening," Rainbow Dash said.

"Oh, come on, Dashie! Give it a chance!" Pinkie said. She pulled away the plastic tarp covering the clothing rack to reveal five more costumes, each with a different color scheme. "You can be the Red Ranger, since you're the leader..."

"Well, I am the leader..."

"Oh no, not this again," Applejack muttered.

"...even though really Sunset Shimmer is our leader now but I'm getting to that," Pinkie continued. "Rarity can be the Blue Ranger since she's, uhh...well, the smartest of us I guess? Usually the blue guy's the calm one but Rarity's kind of a drama queen..." Pinkie frowned. "But the blue suit's already tailored for Rarity anyway so I can't do anything about that now...oh well! Applejack, you can be the Green Ranger since you're the strong one, Fluttershy can be the Yellow Ranger because...because..." Pinkie frowned. "Because you're yellow and I'm pink. I mean, you're really more of a Pink Ranger than a Yellow Ranger, but I wanna be the Pink Ranger because I am pink, so...you'll just have to be yellow, okay?"

"Umm...okay? I guess? Except...I don't really want to be any color Ranger..."

"And since Sunset Shimmer is our Sixth Ranger, she gets to be GOLD!" Pinkie exclaimed with a flourish, pulling a shiny gold costume off the rack that was markedly different from the others.

"Is she even listening to a word we're saying?" Sunset Shimmer asked.

"No. No, she's not," Rarity said.

Applejack sighed. "Let's just humor her and put these silly things on, then pretend this never happened. She'll have forgotten all about this by tomorrow."

With weary sighs, the girls accepted their Rainbow Pony Ranger costumes from Pinkie, and one by one, went behind a divider to change. The costumes were largely identical, save for the colors and the chest insignia—a cloud and lightning bolt for Rainbow Dash, three diamonds for Rarity, three butterflies for Fluttershy, and three apples for Applejack. Sunset Shimmer's costume, however...

It was more of a sleeveless gold minidress than a bodysuit, with dark red tights underneath which covered her entire body except for her head and hands. Black stripes ran up the sides of the gold boots, joining gold stripes which ran up the legs of the tights, before becoming dark red stripes that ran up to her armpits. Her elbow-length gold gloves had black cuffs at the tops. Instead of a rainbow sash, she had a black leather belt studded with six gems, each a different color, with the gold eight-pointed star buckle in the center. Her red-and-gold sun cutie mark graced the chest of her costume, rimmed in black. Her gold helmet had a shiny red visor, and sported a long, sharp unicorn horn in addition to the molded pony ears.

Rarity looked at herself in the mirror. "I do have to admit, you did quite an excellent job on these outfits, Pinkie Pie. Even if they are patently ridiculous." She frowned at the helmet she held. "I'm not so sure about these helmets, though. I'd rather not ruin my coiffure, if it's all the same..."

"Seriously?" Applejack asked. "You had on a helmet just like that with one of those costumes you made a while back."

"Fair point," Rarity conceded.

"So uhh...why does Sunset Shimmer get the most awesome-looking outfit again?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Because she's the Sixth Ranger, silly! Duh! The Sixth Ranger always has the coolest costume!"

"For the record, this is neither awesome nor cool," Sunset Shimmer said.

"Oh, I don't know," Rarity said. "With a little work, that could be an excellent date night outfit for you."

"Yeah, no. Even if I had somebody to date. Which I don't." Sunset Shimmer sighed. "Are we done now? Can we take these silly things off?"

"Not yet!" Pinkie Pie said. "First, we need to do a team roll call!"

Rainbow Dash groaned. "Seriously?"

"Come on, Dashie!" Pinkie pleaded, giving Rainbow Dash puppy-dog eyes. "I'm not asking for much. Just do this for me, please?"

Rainbow Dash sighed. "Okay, okay, fine." She put her helmet on. "Red Rainbow Pony Ranger," she said boredly.

Pinkie Pie looked at Rarity, who rolled her eyes and put on her helmet. "Blue Rainbow Pony Ranger, I suppose."

Applejack put her helmet on, settling her brown hat on top of it. "Green Rainbow Pony Ranger."

Fluttershy struggled to tuck her hair into her helmet. "Umm...Yellow Rainbow Pony Ranger? Did I do that right?"

Pinkie put her helmet on and struck an absurdly silly pose. "Pink Rainbow Pony Ranger!"

They all turned to Sunset Shimmer. She crossed her arms. "No."

"Oh, come on!" Rainbow Dash cried. "We all did it, so you have to do it too."

Sunset Shimmer groaned. "Gold Rainbow Pony Ranger," she said.

"Hooray!" Pinkie Pie said, jumping up and down. "And now we have to go aaaallllll the way across town to the Canterlot Children's Hospital to put on a show for sick little kids who have cancer and stuff. Oh, and we're supposed to be there in twenty minutes, so we don't have time to change, so we'll just have to stay dressed like this, which is okay because I kinda promised we'd be showing up as Power Rangers, because the kids really like that, so..."

You wouldn't think it'd be possible for five girls wearing expressionless helmets with opaque visors to give someone a tangible death glare, but the Rainbooms demonstrated just how easy it really is.

"Oh, don't look at me like that," Pinkie Pie pleaded. "It's for sick children!"

The others sighed. "Well...we can't disappoint dying children," Rarity said. "We'll just have to put up with this for now, then kill Pinkie Pie later."

"Slowly," Sunset Shimmer added.

"Painfully," Applejack agreed.

"Yay," Fluttershy said softly and menacingly.

The girls did their best to ignore the stares, snickers, and whispers as they headed across town in their Pony Ranger costumes, carrying their instruments.

Two hours and a lot of happy little sick and dying children later, the girls decided the whole Pony Ranger concert thing had been totally worth it, and that Pinkie Pie would live to see another sunrise. They even agreed to pull out the Pony Ranger costumes again for very special causes.

"I'll build us a giant robot for next time," Pinkie Pie said. "We can't be Pony Rangers without a giant robot."

"Now that does sound awesome..."

Comments ( 138 )

Dat cover picture... :pinkiecrazy:

The suits I think are a combo Zeo, Dino Thunder, MM, Wild Force, and Operation Overdrive. Right? Nice story!

Go, go, go, Pony Rangers!

And here I thought you weren't capable of writing this sort of stuff... hat's off to you, good sir!

I hope Pinky Pie manage to build a full scale replica of the a megazord

5243670

And here I thought you weren't capable of writing this sort of stuff

I'm not quite sure how to take that. :rainbowderp:

So Sunset Shimmer is basically Antonio?

(I watched Power Rangers Samurai, not Mighty Morphin')

Pinkie is Gingarunning while toting her drum set, right? Because she pretty much has to be.

5243754 Antonio or any Gold Ranger I think. He's not the first one and Mighty Morphin only had Green and White as a 6th Ranger. Zeo was when the Gold Ranger was first used in Power Rangers. Though Super Sentai may have done it before Zyuranger (MM Season 1 counterpart).

5243712 But what megazord I wonder? An Equestria themed one?

5243645

And of course, Sunset Shimmer gets to be the sixith ranger. And Pinkie Pie is right, the sixith ranger always gets the cool costume.

5243754 Or perhaps Trey the alien, or Jason, since the first gold ranger debuted in Zeo.

I was going to ask about the giant robot.

In any case, a very cute story of Pinkie at her most cunning. Thank you for it. :twilightsmile:

5243846 No, Burai/DragonRanger was the very first sixth Ranger in Super Sentai. Unless you count Big One. Most don't.

5243892 Point of order: KingRanger was more black than gold. Saban just called him "Gold Ranger" because it sounded more impressive. The first legitimately gold Sixth Ranger was MagiShine.

5243851 I would say Mystic Force only because thay the only one that invalves magic. Ether way this team is better then Stupid Mega Force

Huh. I always thought of Sunset as the Green Ranger. Or at least the White Ranger.

5243937 Green usually isn't a Sixth Ranger, because traditionally green is one of the core five colors. DragonRanger and Shurikenger were very much exceptions to the rule.

5243929 Perhaps that would make sense.

5243921 Big One? Where was he from?

5243974 JAKQ Dengekitai, the second Super Sentai.

As a Super Sentai fan...and a Power Rangers fan from the Glory Days...yeah, I approve! Well done...want to see the Giant Robot though!

5244029 Ah that sentai. interesting.

Personally I have trouble believing that Rainbow Dash wouldn't be into the Super Sentai/Power Rangers style given her tastes show-wise.

5243959 It tends to alternate. Up to this point there has always been a Red, Blue, and Yellow, ranger team. Sometimes 3, and sometimes 5, with the other 2 usually being an alteration between Green, Black, Pink, and White, and then a sixith ranger with a color such as Silver, Gold, or something along those lines.

The upcoming Dino Charge series however, will be the first series not to have a Yellow Ranger at all.

And sometimes, there's been more than 1 one of each color ranger. Such as in Ninja Storm where there were two Red rangers and two Blue rangers.

5243929 What's wrong with the Megaforce team exactly?

5244378 it more hast to do with super mega force. First the name sounds dumb. Second they wasted the change for a pirate themed ranger team. And lastly I rather a team that weren't already rangers be given the power of the past rangers. Also Go-buster isn't getting an adaptation so I'm a little pissed about that. If you like Mega force that fine but I don't

5244325 You can't tell me anything about Super Sentai I don't already know. :twilightsmile:

The reason Kyouryuuger didn't have a yellow Ranger is because of the gaburincho sash on the uniforms.

Also, Kyouryuuger has pretty much every color except yellow and white that's ever been used, and some that have never been used. We've got Red, Blue, Black, Green, Pink, Gold, Silver, Cyan, Grey, Violet...

Oh, and you mentioned Hurricanger and the two reds/two blues...there's a reason for that. Hurricanger and Goraijer are two different teams. Goraijer joined Hurricanger, then Shurikenger came along...Goraijer are based on the classic combination of the kabuto and kuwagata beetles.

BTW, when I say green is a "core" color, I'm referring to the fact that the original Super Sentai was composed of red, blue, yellow, green, and pink, and those five colors have been the most consistent color set.

5244402 Well the season is based off of Gokaiger which is pirate themed plus the suits and megazord were all pirate themed anyway. The past ranger powers thing is also part of Gokaiger's plot and abilities and the main power of the Legendary Ranger concept. Plus this and Gokaiger are an anniversary season so it kinda fits. I agree about Gobusters but I'm surprised they aren't adaptating it. Isn't it like part of their contract to adapt it or something?

5244500 Nobody knows why they're skipping Go-Busters. It's a complete mystery.

5244500 I don't know why. I mean who wouldn't think secret agents would be awesome

5244402 I do think they could've just skipped Megaforce and used the Super Mega costumes for 2013. It would've made sense considering it's the franchise's 20th anniversary. They already handwaved the one Super Sentai series they skipped up to that point by saying they were powers never used before.

5244508 I see. Yeah it is a mystery for sure and just weird. This would be first sentai skipped over since Power Rangers first became a thing.

5244520 they did skip over Dieranger (the sentai directly after Zyuranger and where the Might Morphing white ranger came from)

5244533 Dairanger and technically they didn't. They still used the zords, monsters and weapons in Season 2. The suits may not have been used except for The White Ranger but they did use at least one of the Fake Gorma Leaders as a regular monster. Even Serpenterra appeared and he was Daijinryuu, that God of Balance inthe original right?

5244576 I don't know. The only sentai I've watched are Magiranger, Bokenger, Go-onger, and Gokaiger to ToQger.
5244517 that is another thing that pisses me off.

5244520 Maybe it'll be a case of the Alien Rangers again. A secondary team used temporarily between costume changes for the main team.

I like it.

...i have to ask MythrilMoth...are you trying to pass to story 50 very soon, or is it just coincidental.:trollestia:

5244637 That would be cool if so.

5244638 I'm not actively trying to write any certain number of stories. I just write what I feel like writing.

5244622 You can find most of the sentais subbed on youtube. Zyuranger, Dairanger and Kakuranger are all there. Bioman has a dub on there too which ironically makes it the first sentai to be dubbed and not be part of Power Rangers given it was before Zyuranger. I think Jetman had a dub too but I could be mistaken.

5244661 Anything pre-Zyuranger is fandubbed, except Dynaman, which had a five-episode gag dub on USA back in the 80s.

5244717 Really? I thought Bioman was an official dub made back in the day for tv. There's even an article about it The Dynaman seems more like a parody than an actual dub.

And now I want to see you write an actual Power Rangers crossover.

5244889 I've considered it, but that's a massive undertaking. I've barely even gotten any work done on my own original Super Sentai fan series.

1. Usually the 6th Ranger is the White Ranger

2. HOW COULD YOU NOT HAVE THE MEGAZORDS!?!?!?

5245751 Yeah, but in doing so it means skipping over what would be the first official orange ranger. That would be a milestone achivement.

Even if they don't want to make them the main team, they should still use the Go-Buster suits at some point. Maybe make them the new Pyscho Rangers.

5247349

1. Usually the 6th Ranger is the White Ranger

Uhhh...no. The Sixth Ranger has been white exactly three times: Dairanger (Kibaranger), Abaranger (Abarekiller), and Dekaranger (DekaBreak).

SILVER is actually the most common color for the Sixth Ranger. (Megasilver, Gaosilver, Boukensilver, Go-On Silver, Gokaisilver, Stag Buster, Kyouryuu Silver...)

5247454 It's been theorized that one reason they're skipping Go-Busters is because the next Power Rangers might be the LAST Power Rangers; their contract with Nick is expiring soon. This being the case, it makes sense for Dino Charge and Dino Overcharge to be the final two seasons, adapted from Kyouryuuger.

5247393 Go-Busters didn't have an orange Ranger. That's ToQger. Go-Busters had a Gold and Silver (Beet Buster and Stag Buster).

5247969 Well, perhaps Saban will either try to renogitate the contract, or will see if another network wants to pick it up.

5245744 Well either way there is actually an official dub. A Philippines english dub but a complete series dub none the less. Goranger and Maskman had one to though were rare I read yesterday. Goranger/Staranger is the rarest dub of the 3.

Login or register to comment