• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 6,302 Views, 334 Comments

Button Mash and Sweetie Belle Love - Masked_Frenchman



Just another Sweetie x Mash love story. Only things don't get hitched off right away. This story tells of how they grew onto one another and how Sweetie Belle was introduced into the world of video games because of Button Mash.

  • ...
21
 334
 6,302

16: First Day Off Part 1

Button Mash sat at his desk in school, copying the notes on the board that their teacher, Miss Cheerilee was writing down on the chalkboard. He was only half interested in it and was already bored. He sighed and stopped as soon as he was done, zoning his teacher out from his mind. He looked over at Sweetie Belle who was a seating front of him and to the right. He watched her for a moment as she jotted down the notes so quickly.

“Wow. . . she must be really smart. She looked up at the board once and hasn’t looked up yet! I wonder what other nifty side notes she is also putting there,”

At Sweetie Belle’s end she was humming a pretty melody as she drew a picture of her and Button Mash having a picnic. She blushed lightly and giggled at the thought, her pencil moving quickly on the page like a sewing machine on fabric.

Back to Button Mash’s view, he looked around the room and saw Applebloom who was looking up to take notes, then back down onto her paper to write them, the pencil in her moving twitching all around. She caught a glance at Button Mash’s staring and looked up at him, blushing a bit and waved at him.He smiled and waved back.

Button Mash continued to scan the room to look for Scootaloo but too many ponies were blocking away. he knew she was up front somewhere. He sighed and put his head on the table.

“I’m so booooored!” The teacher turned towards him and smiled.

“I’m sorry, Button, did you say something?” He shoot up from the table and sit up straight.

“Nothing, ma’am!”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Cheat Code spent a good portion of his morning eating his delicious apples and looking for Pinkie Pie. Usually you can’t find Pinkie Pie, Pinkie Pie finds you, but after an hour of aimless walking, Cheat Code couldn't find a single clue where she is.

“That’s odd, she is usually jumping around town, greeting everypony this time of the day. Where could she be?” He scratched the top of his head with confusion. He looked at the big clock tower and it read ‘10:13’. “Odd, well let me go to Twilight’s and see if she knows anything. Pinkie Pie is probably hanging out with her friends, or maybe they are doing some sort of grand ‘saving-the-world’ quest again,” He walked over to the Library oak tree and was about to knock on the door when he heard some glass break.

“Opps, sorry sugarcube. Ah tripped on one of yer books,” Wait a second. That’s Applejack’s voice! I thought she was doing chores today? Then he heard a high pitched laughter from a pony who he knew all too well.

“Well geez, Applejack! You should be careful then. We don't wanna make a mess for Twilight, now do we?” I guess she has plans already. I guess it’s just a day by myself then. Cheat Code sighed with disappointment and started walking away from the oak door.

“Now isn't the time for jokes, everypony. We need to focus on the threat that is present!” Wait a second, I know that voice! Princess Luna!

“Princess Luna is right. We need to listen up,” Said Twilight from inside the tree house. Cheat Code snuck into the bushes and peer in from the front window, looking into the room. Twilight and her friends were all inside, around a circle with Princess Luna standing tall and proud at the center.

“Sunset Shimmer has gotten through the portal and she is currently in Ponyville!” Twilight gasped at that, holding a hoof to her mouth. “We don’t know how she got out, or how she made it out of the Crystal Empire vault, but she did and she made her way into town,” Twilight and her friends all looked at each other concerned.

“Wait a second, if Princess Luna knew about this, why was I not informed. I could easily track her down, and she knows this! Is this why she gave me the day off?” Princess Luna scanned the room as she continued to speak.

“We know not why she has returned, but we do know she has entered our private library and stole one of our books,” Twilight tilted her head a bit the side of her mouth with curiosity.

“Which book is that?” Princess Luna focused her stare towards her.

“The Book of Dream Walking!” Only Twilight was devastated to hear that, giving out another gasp, this time louder. Her friends looked at her confused.

“What’s the matter, sugarcube. What’s so bad about stealing an old book?” Twilight turned to her friend with narrowed eyes.

“Don’t you know what that book is?! It’s the book Princess Luna wrote while learning her Dream Walking spell! Anypony who reads that book would learn how to enter one ponies’ dreams and minds and can change their form while in dreams, but it would take a pony with magical talent to learn it, such as me or Sunset Shimmer!” Cheat Code’s mouth was gaping at this point. He couldn’t believe the words he was hearing right now. What if who I was serving was. . . . naw it couldn’t be! The amount of time it would take to learn that complexe spell would take-

“When did she escape with the book?” Rarity asked, interrupting Cheat Code’s thoughts. Princess Luna hinged at the question as if ashamed, looking away from her eye contract.

“She has been missing for about a month. We thought we alone could find her since it happened at night and she stole one of our books, but she has proven to be quite resourceful,” Cheat Code’s eyes went wide open again in shock and horror. He looked away as he processed all of this.

“What if everything is a lie! What if it isn’t Princess Luna who contacted me that night, what if. . . . what if I am serving Sunset Shimmer?!” When he looked back over, he saw Princess Luna looking right at him, raising an eyebrow with curiosity. The others were too busy whispering to each other about what might happen if Sunset Shimmer had that kind of power. Cheat Code freaked out and dove into the bushes.

“Crap! She saw me!” Cheat Code whispered to himself in freight. He remained there for a second until he didn’t hear anything else. He peeked his head up and he saw everyone was still talking to each other but Luna was still staring straight at him. He watched her for any sort of signs of warning or a signal or anything, but it never showed. She simply stared at him with rising confusion with a hint of concern.

“She doesn’t know who I am! Princess Luna is acting like this is our very first meeting! Wh-which means that. . . . it can’t be!” He ducked back into the bushes and rage flared up inside of him. He looked at his hoof and a small light ignited inside. “I’ve been working for a traitor this whole time!!” He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth, trying not to explode. He darted out of the bushes and ran away as fast as he could.

He ran and ran without any sign of stopping. He jumped up onto the roof tops and ran on them like he was still on the streets. After a few minutes, he was still running and turned back to see if anyone was following. To his relief he saw no one anywhere behind him. He smiled and turned back, only to see a pink earth pony sitting on the edge of his current rooftop, smiling.

“Hi there!”

“Ahhhhh!!!!” Cheat Code screamed as he slammed both hooves down, trying to stop himself from crashing into her. He skidded the whole way over to her till he stopped inches from her. He looked up at her, not knowing his eyes were squeezed shut, and she smiled down at him. “Oh, normally I always crash into something when you appear. I guess today is my lucky-”

Suddenly the spot he was standing in caved in and he fell through. He fell down hard, hitting beams as he went and then landed on the floor with a loud BOOM. A cloud of smoke surrounded him as he slowly tried to get up. He turned to the left and saw Lyra hugging a picture of Bon Bon and herself. She smiled nervously and hide the picture behind her.

“How about you pretend you didn’t see me do this, and I’ll pretend I didn’t just see that, deal?” She nodded eagerly in agreement.

“Deal!” Cheat Code tried to get up but fell back down with a loud grunt of pain. Pinkie Pie looked down into the hole with a curious smile.

“Are you alright down there, Cheat Code?” He looked up at her in pain.

“No. . . I can’t feel my back legs!” He shouted back up at her.

“Well that’s probably because they aren’t supposed to bend backwards that way!” Cheat Code grunted again and just allowed himself to collapse onto the floor. She tilted her head puzzled, still staring at him.

“Cheat Code? Are you ok?” Cheat Code lifted his head and barked back in anger.

“OF COURSE I’M NOT OK!!”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Button Mash sighed with boredom as he just completed his homework. He looked to the clock and noticed he still had an hour left of school. He looked over to Sweetie Belle who was talking with her friend Applebloom with paper notes while the teacher wasn’t looking. He placed his head on the desk with an annoyed sigh.

“Why can’t I be closer to them? I use to love being in the back, but now I am away from all of my friends,” Suddenly a paper note flopped down on his desk all folded up, a little red heart was on the front. He looked around to see where it came from and the only pony who might have done it was Applebloom who was looking at him and quickly turned away once he spotted her.

“Oh, it must be from Applebloom! I wonder what it says,” He opened it up carefully and he saw a picture of him and her with a big red heart in the background. His face went a little red at seeing it. He then saw a little question box at the bottom. It read: Do you like me? Two boxes were drawn on it with two answers ‘yes’ or ‘no’ on the sides of the boxes. He was about to check off no but then Twilight’s words came back in his head.

Finding your first friends is one of the most magical things you can possibly do! You have a strong feeling of attachment towards them, that you’re willing to do almost anything for them!” Twilight’s voice spoke in his thoughts. He smiled as he looked back down at the question. He grabbed his pencil in his mouth and checked off the ’yes’ box. He folded it up as neatly as he could and placed it on his desk, smiling over to Applebloom. She slowly peeked over to him smiling at her and then back to her desk. From this angle he could see a tiny glimpse of red on her cheeks.

Of course I like you, Applebloom! I wouldn’t be friends with you if I didn’t!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Now hold still, this might sting a little!” Pinkie Pie said softly to Cheat Code as he laid next to her. She had one leg in her hooves and his face to the ground.

“Just do it quickly! It’s like a bad bandaid, you just gotta- OOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!” With a sudden twist, Cheat Code’s leg snapped and cracked loudly and then shoved forward with a pop. Cheat Code lifted his leg towards him, trying to stretch it out. “Owwww. . . . thanks. . . . it’s hard to do that by myself,” He slowly got up, trying to work the joint a bit. Pinkie Pie had a small, sad smile which she looked up towards him with.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you so badly! I thought it would have been fun to scare you like always do! I didn’t mean for you to fall through a roof and dislocate your legs!” Cheat Code chuckled at that, sitting in front of her.

“It’s ok, accidents happen all the time. Especially with you!” He laughed at that and Pinkie Pie joined in. “I like that about you, you don’t mind laughing at yourself from time to time, not like other ponies,” Pinkie Pie smiled softly at that, inching closer to him.

“Well of course, silly! If I can’t laugh at myself, then how am I supposed to make other ponies laugh!”

“You always have this habit of making people smile. Not even a grumpy donkey could stop you!”

“Well. . . to be fair, he did put up quite a fight!” They stopped laughing and calmed down a bit. His back legs were still sore but were no longer hurting like before.

“So, I’m assuming you know that I was spying on your girls’ meeting, right?”

“Uhuh!”

“Right, thought so,” He shook his head and looked up to her with a serious face. “I wasn’t there for the whole thing, can you please tell me if Sunset Shimmer is in Ponyville?” Pinkie Pie thought for a moment, tapping her chin with her right hoof.

“Well. . . . we don’t know exactly. I mean, we THINK she is in Ponyville, but no pony has seen her,”

“So. . . no proof. Well. . . . . she is close to you guys, right? So has she ever mentioned anything. . . about me and my little brother?” Pinkie Pie looked at him questionably, tilting her head slightly to the left.

“Nnnnnoooooooo. . . why would she? You are in Princess Celestia Royal Guard, arentcha?” Cheat Code leaned backwards, waving his hooves embarrassed.

“It’s nothing, just forget I asked anything,” He sat back down properly with a small, nervous smile. “So. . Pinkie Pie. . . I was wondering if you had any plans today. I kinda got a day off an-” Suddenly Pinkie Pie grabbed his hoof without him paying attention and she darted off with rapid speeds.

“Yes!! I will totally go out on a date with you!!!!” She practically screamed with excitement and joy. Cheat Code couldn’t keep up with her so just ended up being dragged on the ground, occasionally hitting a rock or two on the dirt road, heading off to god knows where.

“Yup. . . I still have the moves. Ow!”

Author's Note:

I thought we should have a chapter dedicated for Cheat Code himself! So what will happen here? Who knows who Cheat Code is working for now, am I right? So I rushed the end there a little, I was just trying to get you guys another chapter, so I hope you don't mind the ending. :pinkiesad2: I have so much work to do, and I got other stories to work on and research, just so much. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. I hope to see you all in the future chapters ahead and I hope you all have a great morning/day/evening. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 24 )

Hahaha......WHAT?!......SUNSET?!.......b-b-but she's good now isn't she?!
This is before EG 2 right?!
She's good!
Luna has to be!.......AHHHH!
WHAT IS GOING ON?!

HN-
HN- #2 · May 5th, 2015 · · ·

I KNEW IT ALL ALONG.
Sunset Shimmer is a ButtonBelle shipper.

Uh... Cheat Code? Simple way to figure it out... go ask Princess Luna in person.

5943727 Oh course she is good now. She is trying to help other ponies find love I guess. :scootangel:

5943899 Button mash isn't gonna see this coming. This story needs a comedy tag.

5945164 I didn't put the comedy tag there because I don't find myself funny. I'm really hard on myself for that kind of thing, so I never bothered putting a comedy tag. If you guys think this story is funny, then I'll put on that comedy tag! :pinkiehappy:

5945430 I think the story is funny, but more in an adorably awkward sense. I'm not sure the comedy tag is appropriate in this case.

But who cares really? Love the story so far. It certainly hasn't gotten the attention it deserves, at least in my opinion. Firestar want MORE! :pinkiehappy:

5945713 I am on the same boat as you, it is funny, but more in an adorably awkward sense which I love so much. I get an absolute blast when I read stuff like that. :rainbowlaugh: I think your right though, that kind of comedy would probably fall under a slice of life tag more than a comedy tag.

so far so good keep up the good work. i definitely look foward to seeing where this is going.

5943824 No! I just fixed the 4th wall and told Cheat Code it must be so.

If Button's video games were keeping him from making friends, has he not played something like Pokemon(Designed specifically to use the then-new Link Cable)? Or would he have been the kid who completed the entire Pokedex except for Golem, Gengar, Alakazam, and Machamp :pinkiesad2:

Wait... isn't this a ButtonBelle story?? Why is there AppleMash?? Oh well... I can just imagine Apple Bloom's face as she stares at Button... wait no... stay loyal to ButtonBelle!! Uhhh...:raritydespair:

5977226 It's all part of the plan :raritywink:

5998544 Okay... phew... I thought it was AppleMash, then I would be like Darth Vader: Noo!!!!!!!!

OMG! I just realized how terrible and awful this chapter is! :pinkiegasp: I am so sorry everyone, I posted garbage! I was so tired when I completed this chapter, I guess I forgot the second half of it and did such a poor job with checking it! That is just so unlike me! :twilightangry2: :facehoof: I promise to fix the mistakes and then add a 'part 2' to this. I am really sorry for posting this, that was stupid of me. No more writing while I am really tired! :ajbemused: Anyway I will work on this and work on a part 2. I have a crap load of things going on (I'm sure you guys are getting tired of hearing that, I am tired of it too :ajbemused: ) and I am trying to get things cleaned up so I can work more. Thank you for all of your patience and understanding.

6103215 No... Spaghetti!!!!

Just watch Dankord's Little Small Request

6103332 I see. . . . well I watched it and I still don't understand why you said it :applejackunsure:

PLZ continue this fic

6596813 Working towards, but things are complicated :ajsleepy:

Damn, author died.

Please don’t let this story die

WHY WORLD!
why cliffhanger WHY
i neeeeed to know what happens next

Login or register to comment