• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 6,284 Views, 334 Comments

Button Mash and Sweetie Belle Love - Masked_Frenchman



Just another Sweetie x Mash love story. Only things don't get hitched off right away. This story tells of how they grew onto one another and how Sweetie Belle was introduced into the world of video games because of Button Mash.

  • ...
21
 334
 6,284

12: Not So Sweet Dreams

Chapter 12: Not So Sweet Dreams

Button Mash stepped out of the bathroom, his mane still damp from the shower he had just taken. His mother wasn’t happy to hear about the whole cave exploring thing, but she was glad he came back alive and with no fatal injuries. Cheat Code said he was surprised he would ever do such a thing and that he had guts. Rage Quit had a talk with his mom about something after he went upstairs to get cleaned up, but he didn’t hear much of it. Something about colts will be colts or something among those lines.

Button Mash returned to his room to find his older brother already in it, looking through a book. Judging by the twin headed spear on the front of the book, it was about melee weapons, no surprise there. He seemed to have a small box of cookies next to him that he was eating.

“You left your secret stash unlocked again,” Cheat Code stated blankly, pointing at his bookshelf with his tail, grabbing another cookie and putting it in his mouth with said tail. Button Mash had a confused look at his brother. He looked at the bookshelf just to notice that one of his books was missing, a book that hide a hole in the wall which he stored his favorite cookies in to hide from his mother. He turned back to Cheat Code with a hard glare.

“Hey! Those are my cookies!” Cheat Code glanced up from his book with a blank stare.

“What cookies? Oh, you mean these cookies?” He lifted the box with his tail, grinning from ear to ear devilishly. “Are these the cookies you were talking about?” He shook the box gently, showing there was only a few left in it.

“Yeah! Give those back!” Button Mash demanded firmly, pouting at him angrily. Cheat Code chuckled a bit, rocking the box back and forth.

“Well if you want your cookies back, you are gonna have to take them from me,” He smirked with a cocky grin. Button Mash grunted annoyed at him and charged. Cheat Code smirked and twisted his tail so that Button Mash only grabbed air. He landed on the bed and spun around to get back on all fours. Cheat Code held his smirk at his little brother.

“Darn, so close. Maybe you should try again,” Button Mash jumped from the bed and at Cheat Code this time. He simply twirled around and dodged him. “Aloe!” Button Mash smirked and landed, twisted his hooves around, and tackled him from the side before he could fully spin. He threw the box into the air, twisted and spun his body to evade Button Mash, and grabbed the box. He took a cookie from it and popped it in his mouth before landing with a soft thud.

“Not bad, little brother. You managed to copy one of my moves. Could use a little work on your form,” Button Mash grunted annoyed by him and charged straight at him. With no effort he jumped over him and landed perfectly on all fours, his tail still holding the box of cookies.

Button Mash charged at the wall since Cheat Code moved and rammed into the wall. The contact made him dizzy for a moment. He shook his head and looked at his older brother, who was smiling down victoriously, tossing the box down to him.

“Sharing is magic, little brother, and charity is always rewarded,” Button Mash looked at the box and opened it, revealing two small cookies. He looked back up with a small smile, making him smile back.

“Thanks, Cheat Code,” The pony in question winked down at him. He walked back over and pulled his book back out, finding his spot. Button Mash pulled a cookie out and munched on it with a big smile across his face, making Cheat Code chuckle to himself.

“So how are you holding up? I mean you did just have a near death experience. For somepony who could have died today, you are pretty happy,” Button Mash stopped half way from eating the other cookie and turned his attention to him. The room got a little quiet as Button Mash tried to find an answer for his older brother.

He couldn’t figure it out himself. It was true though, he could have died today and no longer be part of this world, and yet he was pretty cheerful. Button Mash put the cookie back into it’s little blue box. The question puzzled him, but yet there was no reason. No reason for him to smile, but he felt happy. Maybe because he managed to help Sweetie Belle, maybe it was because he was happy to be alive. No matter what though, nothing seemed all to clear.

“I. . . I don’t know. I guess I shouldn’t be, but I am,” He turned towards the window in his room at the night sky. “I guess the only thing I could think of is that I was able to protect one of my friends,” Cheat Code smiled admiringly, lowering his book and looked out the window with a blissful expression.

“Protecting your friends is a very rewarding feeling. No matter what ponies will say, it is still worth it. My job is to protect and serve, and I couldn’t have asked for a better job. Everyday could be your last, sure, but it’s knowing you can share that life or death experience with ponies who are ready to fight and die along your side. I know you won’t be in that kind of situation, but I’m glad to hear you are protecting that which you feel is important,”

Cheat Code looked over at Button Mash to see he was playing on his joyboy, making him glare angrily at him. His little brother’s back was turned to him and the faint sounds of 8-bit battling was going off.

“Hey! Are you listening to me?!” Button Mash did not budge from his spot or react in anyway.

“Yeah, totally,” Cheat Code brought his book behind him and prepared to throw it. Imaginary cross hairs lined up at his head and locked on to it's target. He smirked cruelly and got ready to beam it at his head.

“Button sweety, I brought you some ice cream, it’s your fav-” Button’s mom started as she walked around the corner to see Cheat Code aiming his book at Button Mash. He then brought it down further behind his back, making a slight cracking sound, trying to look like he was stretching. “Cheat Code, were you about to throw your book at your brother?” Button Mash looked up at her and then back at Cheat Code, him smiling playfully.

“No. I was simply trying to get a cink out of my shoulder. I think I might have pulled it on my walk around town. Now come on mom, you know me,”

“Exactly why I asked,” She shook her head at him and returned her attention to Button Mash, placing the bowl of ice cream in front of him. “Here you go, dear. It’s chocolate, your favorite!” Button Mash smiled and put down his game to eat some of the ice cream.

“Yaaa! Thank you mom!” With a hearty smile, he shoveled his spoon in the ice cream and brought the portion in his mouth, his smile filled with a shining delight. Button’s mom smiled down at him with glee but then glared up at Cheat Code who had to hide a grin from his mother’s glaze.

“Leave your brother alone! He has had so many terrible things happen to him today, don’t terrorize him or you can do all of the chores for the remainder of your stay here!” Cheat Code rolled his eyes but sighed in defeat.

“Ok, I understand mom,” She smiled and nodded to him.

“I’m glad to hear that, now you two behave. Button sweety, you can stay up an extra thirty minutes tonight, but not a minute more,” Button Mash nodded to her with some ice cream around his lips.

“Thank you mom! You’re the best,” Button’s mom smiled warmly. She leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead and left the room, partially closing the door behind her. Button Mash turned around and stuck his tongue out at Cheat Code who looked unimpressed.

“You little suck up!” He grinned deviantly at him and went back to eating his ice cream.

“Well mom said you can’t pick on me, so there!” Cheat Code grinned from ear to ear once again, but this time it was an evil smile.

“ I am in the military, dude. So tell me, why would chores ever scare me?” Button Mash turned around with a slight timid look in his eyes.

“You wouldn’t actually do that though, right?” He asked pleadingly, looking over at the book next to his big brother. Cheat Code’s smile softened to a caring smile.

“Button, you know me so well. Ask yourself this, would I really do such a thing like throw a book at the back of your head after everything you have been through?” Button Mash relaxed, sighing out in relief.

“Yeah, thank you,” He turned back around and continued eating his ice cream. Cheat Code’s smile turned cruel instantly.

“The answer would be yes,” With surprising speed he lifted the book wit his tail, grabbed it with his hoof, and threw the book right at the back of his head, hitting him dead on.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sweetie Belle sat down in a chair at the dining table as Rarity worked on her mane as she has been doing since she returned back home. She wore a face of annoyance as Rarity tried hard to restyle her mane.

“Honestly, darling, you need to be more careful,” Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes at that.

“I know, you only said it like twelve times now,”

“Well you should be more careful. I mean what would have happened if Twilight wasn’t able to show up, or worse the cave collapsed right on you!”

“I know Rarity, but it didn’t happen. I’m fine,” Rarity stopped for a moment to look at Sweetie Belle with pleading eyes but kept brushing her mane.

“I know, dear. I was just horrified to hear you have been through so much! Being trapped in a dark, dirty cave like that. It sounds just absolutely dreadful!” Sweetie Belle blushed lightly at the thought of the things that had happened that day and it made her smile faintly.

“It wasn’t so bad,” Rarity stopped brushing and leaned over to see her face. She couldn’t help but smile.

“Do you like this friend of yours?” Sweetie Belle’s face turned a darker shade of red and shook her head nervously.

“What, no! He’s just a friend,” Rarity raised an eyebrow at that, not really believing her little sister’s words.

“Well I won’t ask any further upon the subject,” Sweetie Belle kept her eyes forward, trying to settle her nerves down.

“Thanks,” There was a few minutes of silence as Rarity continued brushing Sweetie Belle’s mane. Not one of them spoke a word until Rarity broke the silence.

“Just make sure to let me know when the wedding is,” Sweetie Belle spun around with an angry expression, her face was crimson red.

“Rarity!”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“It wasn’t that hard, come on!” Button Mash glared over at Cheat Code and turned away from him. Cheat Code sighed to himself. “I’m sorry, ok. I won’t do it again tonight,” Button Mash turned around with distrust.

“Promise me!” Cheat Code chuckled lightly, shaking his head.

“I cross my flag, with a battle cry, and spread my wings like the pegasi. For if I lie in my brother’s eyes, I can kiss my flank good bye,” He said with a cocky look. Button Mash grinned and nodded over at his older brother.

“Ok, I forgive you,” They both chuckled a little playfully. A question popped in his head and he looked up at the military stallion sprawled out on his bed with his book. “By the way, you never told me how you managed to do that falcon punch,” Cheat Code nodded at him in understanding. He put the book down, saving his spot and closing it.

“That is true, my dear brother. I guess I can tell you. It’s no real secret. Come over here and I’ll tell you,” Button Mash smiled and walked over to the bed, sitting down in front of it. Cheat Code looked around the room. Not with his eyes, but with his ears, trying to get an accurate guess if their mom was in ear shot. Once it was determined that she was far enough, he turned back to Button Mash with a small smile.

“Alright, listen closely Button Mash, I’ll only say this once because technically I am not supposed to tell you this,” Button Mash’s smile grew with excitement, curiosity burned in his eyes that focused closely onto Cheat Code.

“Ok, I promise I won’t tell anypony no matter what!” Cheat Code smiled back, nodding in understanding. With a quick crack of his neck and getting in a comfortable position, he continued.

“Alright, the armor given to the guards and soldiers is simply called guard armor. We of the recon division get a different kind of armor. Since we recon are the first to go out in any sort of battle situation, we get the best armor. Well, second best I should say. Front line infantry get the best,” Button Mash got a little confused, raising in his front right hoof.

Cheat Code put his hoof in his face and shook his head. He rolled his eyes and pointed at Button Mash’s raised hoof.
“So, what is infantry?” Cheat Code raised his head out of his hoof to look at him, wearing a face of slight surprise.

“I almost forgot that I never told you about the other branches. That will be for a later date. Now our armor increases and enhances our natural ability. Martial arts experts will be stronger and more agile. Unicorns, their magic get’s stronger and can hold out longer using constant magic power. You know how our grandfather Hard Disk is a unicorn?” Button Mash nodded.

“Yeah? He said hesitantly, wearing an unsure expression.

“Well even though we are earth ponies, we still have some magic in us. We just don’t have the channel point a unicorn does. Since we don’t have a spot for direct channeling, we would have to use a lot more magic to do anything, and even then it will take a long time to train and master a single spell. The armor granted me the ability to try out some fighting moves in video games and managed to master the spells. Now I have access to several video game fighting moves,”

Button Mash sat their, mouth gaping with astonishment. He always looked at his older brother like a god. Whenever him and his brother walked through town, ponies would pick on him and call him names. Even though they are brothers and it could be seen, he always looked more mature and strong. Button Mash always looked weak and like a baby. So he always seemed so strong when they stood side by side, but now he really was.

“That is so cool! So all those video games we played, you can do their moves?!”

“Well, I can do a couple in each game, but not all, I never had time to try them all. I’m still learning a few that I haven’t mastered yet, and the rest I haven’t attempted,” Cheat Code explained bashfully, smiling a bit humbly.

“Wow! You are so powerful, like one of those bosses at the end of a level!” Cheat Code burst into laughter, slapping the bed he was laying on.

“Oh Button Mash you are a riot! No I am not that powerful,” Button Mash looked up at him, innocently confused. Cheat Code calmed down a bit, slowing his laughter down.

“I’m sorry. Anyway I’m nothing without my armor. With out it, I might be able to do one spell, but that’s it. Sure I’ll still have my earth pony training and my fighting skills, but if something big comes and I don’t have my armor on, I’m screwed. Now listen closely, for this is important,” Button Mash nodded, leaning closer.

“True power does not come from what weapon you have or what kind of magic you can do. True power comes from the heart. You may have the greatest weapon of all time but if your heart is weak, they will fall to any foe. The smallest of beings with a broom stick could slay a dragon if their heart roared like a lion. That is why we become stronger when he fight to protect something,”

Button Mash looked at him shocked but proudly. He never was good with words before, but this time he hit the mark. Normally he was blunt and straightforward, but it was as if some king said it to him.

“Thanks Cheat Code, you’re the best!” Cheat Code came off the bed and slightly slugged him in the shoulder.

“If you can say that then I need to fix it!” They both laughed happily, simply enjoying the time they had. He only managed to visit once every other month. So when ever they could get time, they would cherish it.

Cheat Code patted Button Mash on the head with a smile, rubbing it a little. “You should get some sleep. I suppose you will want to hang out with your friends tomorrow. Just try to put off any cave exploring, ok?” Button Mash laughed a little, nodding over at him.

“Yes sir!” He replied with a silly, serious smile and a crisp salute. Cheat Code laughed softly at that, smiling nostalgic like. He got up from the bed and walked out towards the door, keeping his gaze on Button Mash.

“Good night Button,” And with that he closed the door, still holding that smile. He stood there for a good minute, just smiling at the door. After a moment he chuckled again. “Where has the time gone? What has happened while I was away?” His smile faded and his eyes started to water. “What have I missed in your life?” He fought back the tears as he shook his head. This went against everything in his military training if he let the tears flow. He stepped away from his spot and walked back to his room, leaving a single tear drop on the door knob.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was the middle of the night in the gamer household belonging to Button Mash. The moon was high up in the midnight sky. A gentle breeze blowing through the clean, crisp, night air. Button Mash was fast asleep, snoring softly to himself. A little stream of drool oozing out of his open mouth as he laid on his back. The room was quiet and peaceful.

A pair of brown eyes pierced through the darkness, locking onto the sleeping Button Mash. It moved across the room effortlessly and silent as the dead. It hovered over to Button Mash and crouched down low. It looked at a small toy train that laid with in arms length. The toy train got pushed from it’s spot and rolled across the floor.

It rolled over and hit the dresser with enough force to make a slap sound and knock over an empty box. All of this didn’t even make Button Mash budge from his sleeping position. The figure glared at him and the eyes rolled around.

“Celestia dame it, Button! After all this time I would think you would have some sort of trick or trap by now! No defence of any sort? You are still a light- no, no just, just never mind. I got a job to do,” The dark being glanced around and hovered a few inches closer to the sleeping colt. It looked down at him but suddenly heard a loud SMACK and then something clamped onto it’s hoof. Pain shooting up through it's body.

“Celestia. . . . dame it!” The infiltraitor pulled off it’s mask to reveal Cheat Code, biting his bottom lip. He looked down and saw a mouse trap latched onto his hoof. He glared down at it with firey fury, as if trying to blow it up with it’s stare. He pulled the contraption off of his hoof and gently placed it down. Surprisingly Button Mash still slept soundly in his bed, he only turned to his side.

“I swear I could set off TNT in here and you would still be asleep,” With an annoyed grunt he walked on over and touched his forehead. With the other hoof he hovered it over Button Mash’s head. “Alright, I’m here. Waiting for you to make a direct connection,” Cheat Code observed everything in the room, especially Button Mash. If he were to get caught, the mission will be a failure.

“We are here, open the connection. Make sure the connection is never severed,” He rolled his eyes.

“I know why I am here, relax. Connection won’t break on my watch!” He took a deep breath, and released it slowly, placing his hoof on Button Mash’s head. Magic channeled from his mind to his and back. Cheat Code’s telepathy went dead with silence.

“Alright, give your message to him. I’ll guard the connection,”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Buttontier looked down from his guard post in the grand castle of Talimore, the capital of Frozana. The moon had begun to set, the sun threatening it’s arrival over the horizon. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, feeling the crisp air fill his lungs and the warm air travel upwards from his throat and rushed past his lips.

Buttontier looked down to see the princess traveling through town. Her soft, pink and cherry red mane tucked away in a beautiful series of braids. Her amber eyes scanning the streets and admiring the sky as it was changing colors to the incoming sunrise. She was most likely taking a walk before sunrise. Everything seemed like everything was exactly as it should, but yet he still felt like something was wrong. He didn’t know what but he was on edge. He looked back down and saw the princess wave up to him. Buttontier smiled and waved back down to her.

“We are under attack!” Buttontier snapped from his stare and looked over to see the front gate burst open suddenly and a large swarm of stallions in lunar armor rushed past the gates. The guards in the area rushed forward to meet the enemy force but were heavily outnumbered three to one. The princess looked over to see the forces coming at her.

Buttontier went down from his post towards the princess, running as fast as he could. Before the endless sea of dark purple metal could cut off his way, he reached the princess who was frozen in fear in place.

“Princess, we are under attack! Please come with me!” Buttontier cried out in panic, reaching for her hoof. He saw a blade come down right in front of him, missing him by an inch. He tucked his arm away and jumped to the side to avoid the attack any further. He looked up at his foe and scrunched in fear.

The lunar soldier was a unicorn three times his size and wielded a sword, an ax, and a mace, all of them levitating through his magic. Buttontier gulped down is fear and stood strong even though he knew he was no match for him.

“Look out!” Before Buttontier could react properly, besides making a confused face, he felt himself get tugged from behind, the lunar guard charging at him. An arrow came down and struck the lunar soldier right in the head, putting him down.

“I’ve seen enough, dispers!” The world around Buttontier faded away from his vision. The battle, the soldiers, the guards, the princess, everything. Button Mash now stood there confused, looking around him at the inky blackness that now welcomed him.

“What just happened?” Silence answered back. Not just usual silence, this silence had no noise at all. No wind nor life could be heard, just his breathing and his heart beat was the only noise that he could hear. “Hello?” He called out. His voice echoed back to him in reply. Button Mash looked down at his own front hooves and took a step forward, feeling something hard and cold beneath him.

“We have entered your dreams, yet again, little Button Mash,” Button Mash spun around to try to find the source of the voice, but found only more deep darkness.

“Where are you?” There was a pause and he could have sworn he heard a quiet chuckle.

“We are everywhere and no where all at once,” The black shadow covered realm in which he stood transformed into a swamp with a thick fog rolling in. Button Mash now stood on a rock overlooking the murky pond below him. He could see his own reflection on the surface, his own self looking back up just as confused as him.

“Who are you exactly?”

“Time will come where we shall reveal our true identity. For now, just know that we are here to help you,” Button Mash looked up and searched within the fog, still trying to find the mysterious figure speaking to him.

“Help me with what?”

“With what you truly fear most,” He was still confused, and now he was almost concerned and alert.

“Well, I’m scared of a lot of things,” Button Mash searched the tree line and from within it he could see the silhouette of a pony deep within the mist. He could faintly see some sort of mane and a horn. He smiled as he focused on the point of sight.

“Although that is true, there is something that eats away your insides. Something that dwells deep in your mind and heart. A creeping darkness that threatens your dreams,” His smile disappeared, he didn’t know what was going on, all he knew is that nothing here was making sense.

“What are you talking about?! I don’t know what you are saying!”

“What we are saying is. . . “ The mist cleared and the swamp faded, only to reveal his previous dream. He was floating in the sky, and down below him was the castle he was just guarding. “You fear change,” He raised an eyebrow in a puzzled expression until he realised he was in the sky and panicked. He felt a gentle hoof placed on his shoulder. When he looked up, Princess Luna smiled warmly to him. He started to relax but felt nervous at the same time, as if his body refused to obey it’s emotions.

“Pri-Pri-Princess L-Luna?!” She smiled even brighter down at the little, brown colt.

“We are glad you know your Princess of the Night. We’ve come to assist you,”

“But how?”

“Watch, little one,” She pointed at the ground of his last dream, getting his attention. He looked down curiously.

“But this is my dream. I mean before you came,” Button Mash watched as the same exact scene took place. The lunar army storming the gates, the attack, the overwhelming numbers of the enemy. “I’ve already went through all of this,”

“But do you know what it is telling you?” He turned to look up to her.

“It’s just a dream, it doesn’t mean anything,”

“That is where you are wrong,” Button Mash wore a puzzled expression, tilting his head slightly to the right. Luna pointed towards the army storming into the city.

“That was our army. We were also known as the army of darkness since we struck at night. The castle represents the cave. You stood by to protect Sweetie Belle, who is the princess, only to have her save you. The darkness swarmed and overwhelmed your protection were you felt safe. The stallion who attacked you was the overwhelming force of change. No matter how much you fought it, it was going to charge at you,” Button Mash watched the scene in awe as the explanation made sense to him now.

“Wait, what about the arrow that stopped him?” Luna smiled, leaning over to him.

“That too, is also change. A change that can stop another,” Button Mash’s eyes twitched and he grabbed his head.

“Ow, my head hurts,” Luna patted his back with her eyes closed and a warm smile spread across her angelic lips. Her wings opened up to shelter him.

“There there, dreams are are to fully understand, all you need to know is that every dream has a meaning. Even we do not fully understand all of the meanings of all dreams. All will be explained in due time. For now, simply know that change is coming, and you must learn to accept it,” Button Mash held her back, almost timidly.

“But why do things have to change? Why can’t everything just be the way it is?”

“Because, dear Button Mash. In order for us to grow we must one day change. Yes change can be a scary thing, but know that once it molds into you, you will be able to do wonderful things!” Button Mash looked up with a smile.

“Really?” Luna looked down at him and smiled back motherly.

“Yes, you will see one day, but for now, you have to wake up,” His smile vanished, now replaced with the all too familiar confused expression. Before he could say anything Luna tapped his forehead.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Wait!” Button Mash cried out. He looked around but the last thing he saw was a hoof in his face. He fell back onto his bed knocked out. Cheat Code was standing over him panting lightly, looking at his hoof.

“You punched your own little brother? We never knew you could possibly do such a horrid thing,” Cheat Code snarled in anger at the voice that now returned inside his head.

“Shut up! You were supposed to warn me before he woke up. I can’t have him see me here, so yes, I knocked his lights out,” He leaned over the bed and waved his hoof in front of Button Mash’s blacked out eyes. With a defeated sigh, he closed his eyes and tucked the little colt back into bed.

“Well you were complaining about it being too easy, so we thought to give you a challenge, which you apparently failed it,” Cheat Code glared at nothing but moved away from Button Mash’s bed, heading for the door.

“Yeah, yeah. Look, did you do what you needed?”

“Yes, you may return to your own bed. Thank you for assisting us,”

“Well you are my boss for the time being, so it’s not like I have too much of a choice,” He left the room and crept to his own, picking up a glass of water from the dresser near the door and taking a swig before putting it back down. He stopped and turned back around with a worried look on his face as he gazed upon Button Mash’s bed.

“Have no fear, Cheat Code. Everything will be set right,”

By the corner of Button Mash’s dresser, facing towards the knocked out colt, laid his joyboy. It turned on and illuminated a small, purple light. On the screen in had in bold letters ‘Updating’ with a loading bar quickly filling. Cheat Code turned away and slowly but quietly closed the bedroom door.

Once the loading bar was filled, another took it’s place, this one reading ‘Loading Project Shimmer Dream’. The majestic, purple light slowly faded from purple to yellow. The new bar filled up just as quickly as before and with a yellow, eletrical surge it shut itself off.

Author's Note:

Well here we go, everybody! Chapter 12 (technically) is finally here. I had a mind deaf moment for a while so I started a back up series (will be revealed eventually) to keep my mind going. Anyway so I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, a few laughs here and there, a few touching moments, some plot deepening, and of course. . . . a twist! :twistnerd: Anyway from this point on there will be less mystery and more questions being answered, and of course. . . . more lovey dovey romance! :heart: :heart: :pinkiehappy: So I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. I hope to see you all in the future chapters ahead. I hope you all have a great morning/day/evening. As always, bye bye for now :twilightsmile: