• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 8,904 Views, 201 Comments

Silly Little Filly - EnderBlaze



Celestia finds Twilight as a foal! The Princess is oblivious to her past, and the truth may have scarred Twilight for life... Does Twilight find the true love of a family? If not, danger awaits. Princesses can't look after fillies forever, after

  • ...
14
 201
 8,904

Chapter 7

It had been long enough. They had intruded Mrs. Cake’s home and taken advantage of her hospitality. After so long away from home, it was finally time to head back. Velvet wouldn't take ‘no’ for an answer. Twilight apparently really hates the third bite of cupcakes, as it is usually squashed afterwards. Too many messes, too much time wasted for Mrs. Cake. Why did fate not allow them to just get home?


Noteworthy stared in shock and awe as he struggled to comprehend what was before his eyes. His knees trembled, shaking loose the tears which had clung to his coat. Now on his haunches, he watched as a lavender bullet sped towards him.

"Tw- Twilight!"

Twilight embraced Noteworthy, leaving behind her trail of tears, tracing back to her parent's side. She nuzzled his chest, seeming like a clamp around him. He held her back, simply sobbing.

Night Light and Twilight Velvet simply stood there, eyes wide, mouths slightly agape, hooves cemented to the earth. Their minds were gears, jammed by an unexpected rock which had come from seemingly nowhere.

"Twilight... I... I can't believe it. It’s been so long..." His speech was cut off as his body was wracked in sobs. Twilight unburied herself from between his to look eye to eye. She smiled, only to find he had beaten her to it. The two rubbed noses, then giggled.

"Um, he... Hello?"

The voice of Night Light seemed to ruin the moment, as Noteworthy immediately froze. He glanced up at the two, and narrowed his eyes. Getting up, he assumed a defensive posture, shielding Twilight with a hoof.

"Who are you and why did you have Twilight?" He demanded, glaring at the shocked couple. Each one's expressions switched to fear, then they narrowed their eyes.

"We are Twilight's parents. Unhand our daughter."

"Twilight, it'll be okay," the blue pony whispered to the small filly who now looked panicked. Twilight had gone through enough. He had saved her from her father, and wasn't about to allow these strangers to hurt her. Looking back to the couple, he replied: "Twilight already has parents. Or should I say a parent. She has a loving mother and deserves to be with her. Now, unless you two can tell me why she is with you, I'm going to have to call over a Royal Guard."

"We have adopted her-"

"Lies!"

Velvet was about to yell back when her husband cut her off with a hoof.

"Sir, we mean Twilight no harm. I can assure you that we are in fact her legal guardians, and we can supply ample documentation that proves such. Twilight seems to know you rather well, so I can tell that it is in both of our interests that she stays safe. There is obviously a misunderstanding here. However, I hope you can see our point here and the fact that we cannot have a possibly hostile stranger holding our daughter. Please... Let her go."

Noteworthy simply stared for a moment. You could almost watch his toiling mind.

"I am not holding her back; she may leave at her own free will." He glanced down at the filly, adding "Twilight, do you know these people?"

Twilight nodded and approached the couple, turned, then smiled back at him.

"I'm going to need to see aforementioned proof," he said.

"With pleasure," Night Light responded, trotting over to him, subtly embracing Twilight on the way. "However, I would appreciate it if you would tell us how you got to know our daughter."

That elicited a response. Noteworthy’s eyes widened, but then they softened. "I guess you do have a right to know."


Differing levels of worried expressions had made themselves prominent on the faces of the couple.

"Really?" Twilight Velvet muttered, almost inaudibly. In response, Noteworthy nodded, moving his tail to cover his flank. He lowered his head onto his arm, then shivered as the memories came back to haunt him like they did so often before.

"How did you all get away?" She asked.

"Well..."


Consciousness swam in and out, mocking and teasing. This went on for hours, or maybe seconds, but eventually it had had its fun and was now slowly returning. Something groaned, then a softer, weaker echo. Light flickered into the world, but was instantly snuffed out. Moments later, it ventured back into the world of the living, yet this time it decided to stay, and grow. It grew until it morphed into a blurry image. Was that an... Ear? Yes, after a few blinks, it was a clear image of somepony's ear a few inches away from his face. Smell was the next thing to return, and he immediately wished it be expelled to the depths of tartarus.

Getting up was a little harder. His legs ached as if they hadn't been used in years. Once balance had been achieved, it was immediately rejected as he fell. Getting back up, limping a little, he looked around. A muscular stallion lay on the floor, out cold. He could easily discern the cause of his unconsciousness, the objects on the floor next to him evidence enough.

Suddenly memories of the night before came rushing back. Twilight and her mother being beaten, him being knocked unconscious. The door wasn't locked... He rushed out of the room, then ran through the house searching for the mare from the night before.

"Hello? We need to get out of here immediately! Twilight? Twilight, where are you?"

A small head poked out from beneath a dilapidated piece of furniture. He smiled at her, crouching low. She recoiled for a moment, but a slowly outstretched hoof beckoned her back. He caressed her cheek, tears coming to his eyes as he felt how rough it was. In an attempt to show his intentions, he strode to the front door and opened it.

Hope glimmered like two amethysts in a sea of grime.


The recounting ended with an embrace from Twilight Velvet.

"Thank you for helping Twilight."

"And thank you for giving her a good home."

Gratitude was exchanged, as well as proper greetings and apologies.

The former stranger, now trusted friend, lowered his head however.

"I know that I must leave now. Neither of us want to bring harm to Twilight, and reminding her of the past incidences would do only that. I would serve no purpose but a walking beacon of memories."

In the silence that followed, only the giggling of a small filly was heard as she apparently found amusement in something on the ground. She then glanced up, curious as to why the adults suddenly stopped talking. She saw that out of three, one looked sad, so she hugged him once more. She knew he didn't deserve to be sad.

Author's Note:

Well, that took forever. My apologies for the rushed ending, as well as the confusing events which lead to it. However, if you want me to be perfectly frank, I lost interest in this story a long time ago. Hopefully I was still able to come up with a decent ending.

So now that I have both The Shimmering Truth and Silly Little Filly off my back, I will probably start on a brand new story, but not yet. I need a break from all this nonsense to catch up on other things, so bleh.

Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful day.

But what about Shining Armour?

Oh.. Erm... This- This story was written before season two! Yeah! That's my excuse.

:ajbemused:

Comments ( 24 )

And once again I have screwed up the ending tags on italics and bold XD
This time I caught myself before too long, though.

When will she get back to celestia

i'm wondering that too

I think this was a great chapter, and will patiently await the next installment. I hope we get to see Shining Armor soon. I actually wonder if you make him the younger sibling this time. Keep up the great work.

4756834
4756862
4756991

B-but that was the end :twilightoops:

4757056 WHy DOes this have a celestia tag then… and this was very disappointing sorry :trixieshiftleft:

4756991 you people are unworthy, except you Night--Mist.

The author has all rights to the story. At least we got a end to the story. They could have just cancelled the story and be done with it. But they took the time to finish what they started even though that must have taken a while.

4757056 I said next installment, not the next chapter.

4757075

My apologies, sir. I wasn't expecting everyone to like it.

4757171

And I was in a rush to go do something so I just generalized my response :twilightsheepish:

But now that I have a little time:

Thank you for reading Night--Mist. I love your comments. well, I love every comment, but still!
Anyway, I hope to please you with future stories :pinkiesmile:

4757146

Thank you, however I will still take reasonability for the ending.

4757255 I'm sure your future stories will be most enjoyable. Don't rush yourself. All great authors need time.

for the bit on shinning armor id say that he is currently at boot camp for the royal gaurds but then again he isnt much older than twilight but they never did state how much older he is to her

4757827
Perfect! If anyone doubts the other excuse, we'll tell them that!

He looks old enough:
img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120912230919/mlp/images/b/b7/Twilight_and_Shining_Armor_hugging_S02E25.png

Then again, Twilight is also a little younger in this story :/

Ah well, it was adorable while it lasted :twilightsmile:

Damn. Didn't notice it said completed.:ajsleepy:

Oh well, it was still cute and it was a good run while it lasted:twilightsmile:

I wonder if Twilight still remembers all that when she grows up.

5332371

Eheh, sorry. Haven't really been on Fimfiction much recently, so excuse the late response.

Anyway, thank you for the criticism, and I do respect you for not only pointing things out, but actually giving examples and evaluation.

About the 15 vs. fifteen thing:
Ugh. This again. No matter how many times I'm told this I can NEVER remember. Gaaah. Less than twenty. Less than twenty. Less than twenty. Come on, Enderblaze, you can remember this!

About the 15 vs. a bunch thing:
Actually yeah. I see your point! I had previously thought that writers just tended to leave out numbers for no real reason, but I understand how different ways of saying it can be more beneficial in certain situations.

About the PoV correlation with how to present what's happening:
Woah. WOW. That is really really cool and I had never thought of it before and wow! Thank you! That is so cool. I can see how it would change entire meanings of stuffs and make everything better with just a few simple word changes. Seriously. Wow.

Anyways, I'm not going to directly change anything in this story, but I will most definately apply these things to something new I am writing with this dude.


Also, thank you for the long post. I really enjoy them and you have kinda blown my mind. Yeez. So here's another long post in return :P

5391300
I could only find one instance of that mistake (the very one you quoted) in all of the chapters, but thanks anyway!

5522456 thanks I like yours too

Hopefully I was still able to come up with a decent ending.

It kinda didn't end to be honest. It feels like the end of a chapter.

A very long time since this author's been around, but I reviewed the fic anyway. It's an odd goose: the first few chapters are warmly fluffy. Sprinkled with technical issues, but still quite endearing. The lurching turn into Dark territory didn't work for me, though, and brutal domestic abuse including even a passing description of rape is nothing like suitable for an E rating. Also, an Author's Note saying in effect "I no longer care about this fic" makes me wonder why readers should...

Login or register to comment