• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 8,904 Views, 201 Comments

Silly Little Filly - EnderBlaze



Celestia finds Twilight as a foal! The Princess is oblivious to her past, and the truth may have scarred Twilight for life... Does Twilight find the true love of a family? If not, danger awaits. Princesses can't look after fillies forever, after

  • ...
14
 201
 8,904

Chapter 6

The droplets of rain continued to endlessly thud against the wet ground outside. Night Light was lying down on the floor with Twilight snuggled against his side. She was watching the rain fall through the window, wide eyed. A small flash illuminated the shop every now and then, revealing Twilight Velvet sipping tea at a table, conversing with Mrs.Cake. The moonlight slithered it's way through the buildings of Canterlot, casting its light upon the floor in which the two ponies lay.

The dark and cloudy skies roared down at the earth, beckoning those ponies who were outside to scurry back to their homes. The blanket of rain that covered the streets relentlessly pushed on, making traversing the slick ground rather risky.

Twilight stared, wrapped in amazement at the sheer amount of water the sky could hold. She curled in closer to Night Light whenever the rolling booms would attack the shop, rattling the various metal pieces in the kitchen.

The true, horrific face of the raging storm was still far away, but also seemed to be coming closer each minute. The rain was almost torrential, and it seemed to be working towards getting rid of that "almost".

Suddenly, a huge crash of thunder rumbled through the shop, causing the windows to rattle. Twilight gasped and scampered away from the window, fear in her eyes. However, she quickly bolted back to make sure that Night Light could get away too! She tugged on his hoof, achieving nothing but a small movement of his arm. He chuckled however and stood up, walking with Twilight away from the window.

"I think we should go downstairs now, eh?" Night Light asked of both his wife and the baker.

The three took the shopkeeper's earlier advice to stay the night and strode through the kitchen to the door that lead downstairs. They descended, seeing only two small couches against walls opposite each other. Besides that, it didn't have much else other than a small clock adorning the otherwise bare walls. Twilight hopped down the last step and only wobbling momentarily as Twilight Velvet watched with pride. Mrs.Cake fetched a few blankets and apologized, repeatedly, that she didn't have any games for the three.

The couple spread a few blankets out over the space between the couches, then motioned for Twilight to join. She trotted over, wobbling slightly, and snuggled up in between them. Twilight hiccuped lightly, causing giggles from the ponies on either side of her. Silence came over the group and after a moment Twilight Velvet folded one of the blankets over them, adding to the warmth. Twilight and Night Light yawned simultaneously, and in turn infected Twilight Velvet with the contagious devils that refuse to leave any one pony un-yawned.

It seemed the night couldn't go five minutes without being filled with the cheerful giggling of one particular filly, but eventually, even that died down. Twilight re-positioned herself, poking Night Light in the process, but then she settled down. Slowly, with the warmth of her new family surrounding her, the love they shared and the rather insignificant blanket in comparison, Twilight drifted off to sleep. A small smile remained on her face. She couldn't be happier...


Twilight opened her eyes and… Hardwood flooring… Streaks of mud crusting the walls… Dirty dishes in the sink…

She was in a kitchen… HER kitchen!

Twilight immediately jumped up and attempted to scramble away from the shape that now occupied the rank torture chamber so misleadingly labeled a house. Twilight backed away further, but her energy was drained. Nothing for days, how can one survive off that?! Even trash would be better than nothing!

Small spots of pain lit up as she bucked up into the corner. That… That thing scowled at her. He raised a hoof, and struck Twilight. Her side exploded with pure searing agony.

”You’re not allowed in here, Mishap!

It sneered that last word, putting as much hatred and anger as possible into the cruel excuse of a name that he used to address, describe and torture her with. Her mother called out but she was immediately silenced by it running over and slapping her, making the tears that she had collected on her cheeks spray across the walls. They weren’t the only fluid on the walls, however, and it grabbed her face and smashed it into them, adding more crimson to the sick collection this house had. Every five feet or so another spot could be seen, another physical manifestation of its hatred and malice. She had attempted to leave once, but was immediately caught, and ever since, it demanded revenge. It could never get enough, however, and before long Twilight had come under fire as well.

That abomination of a pony threw his head towards Twilight again, greasy hair whipping to the side.

“WHAT? WHY DID YOU COME IN HERE, MISHAP? YOU WANNA WATCH?!”

Twilight shook her head mercilessly, knowing full well it would do nothing to deter what had become of him, a once loving stallion. He immediately lunged and smashed his hoof into her now trembling knees, knocking her to the ground and paralyzing her with pain. Now helpless, Twilight watched, bleary eyed, as her mother was beaten and raped with the fury only her father possessed.

“What’s going on in here?”

A smooth voice rang out through all the noise, Twilight could faintly hear the sound of the flair door shattering. She was in a blurry haze as she saw him pause, then snarl at the door. To Twilight’s horror, she saw another pony at the door, his blue coat shimmered in a very unfitting elegance in this cruel world. Twilight tried to call out to warn him but it was too late, and her father charged. He yelped and began to run, but then he caught sight of Twilight.

A filly…

His demeanor changed in an instant and he met the charging stallion with a direct buck to the face. Taking no time delay he jabbed a hoof towards her father, but was met with a crucial blow to the side of the the head, knocking him unconscious. The monster that stood over their only hope was now chuckling in pure maniacal joy.

“Another toy… Heh, I’ve never had a stallion before. This’ll be fun.”

All Twilight could do was watch as the body was dragged out of her vision. The only proof that it still existed was a-

“Twilight!”


Twilight woke up, heart pounding and face masked with tears. Her throat was raw from screaming and her eyes wildly darted from left to right, taking in her surroundings. She flailed, escaping the embrace of Twilight Velvet and ran immediately towards the stairs. She kept wailing all the way, drowning out the cries of the soulless abominations that just wouldn’t LEAVE HER ALONE!

Twilight’s stubborn and injured legs refused to stay straight, and they wobbled relentlessly. She only succeeded in stumbling on the stairs, bringing back that oh so familiar pain in her knees. She curled up where the stairs deposited her after falling, and cried. They were by her side immediately and wrapped their arms around her thin body. Reality dawned on her, and she cried into Twilight Velvet’s chest, whom had embraced her and was now lovingly humming a beautiful lullaby. Night Light was gently stroking her mane and muttering small words of comfort. Twilight sniffled, sneezed, then giggled. She wasn’t with that terrible stallion anymore, or on those cold hard streets. She was here, in the loving embrace of a family. A real family.

Twilight chuckled lightly as a thought occurred to her. She knew she had cried loudly. Mrs.Cake sleeps like a rock. Silly Mrs.Cake.