• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 8,904 Views, 201 Comments

Silly Little Filly - EnderBlaze



Celestia finds Twilight as a foal! The Princess is oblivious to her past, and the truth may have scarred Twilight for life... Does Twilight find the true love of a family? If not, danger awaits. Princesses can't look after fillies forever, after

  • ...
14
 201
 8,904

Chapter 5

After wandering for a while, the trio had decided to visit Mrs.Cake, in her shop, Sweet Central. After entering, Twilight gawked at the inside of the store. Many sweets lined the counters and displays, and they all looked delicious. Night Light grinned as he also entered Sweet Central.

"Want a snack, Twilight?"

Twilight nodded and grinned widely as she started looking through the sweets once more, wondering which would be the tastiest. While she was drooling over the many treats, Ms. Cake came out of the back and up to the counter.

"Hello deary,” she said to Twilight. “Oh and hello to you two as well."

Twilight Velvet nodded her head towards the newlywed store owner, and Night Light waved and said "Heya!"

"Oh it's so nice to see customers. Business has been declining the last few years and honestly we don't think the bills will continue to be payed if it goes on like this much longer. We're thinking of relocating."

"It's no surprise. The posh and sophisticated ponies don't stop by very often," Night Light remarked.

Twilight Velvet glared at her husband, who smirked in return. Meanwhile, Twilight had found the perfect snack: A bright blue cupcake, frosting towering off the equally delicious looking cupcake itself. She put her small hooves up on the glass. She could almost taste it!

"Oh!" Mrs. Cake yelped, forgetting about the small filly that had entered her shop. "Do you want something?"

Twilight nodded and prodded the glass where the cupcake was with her hoof. Mrs. Cake smiled and took the delicacy from the display, and placed it on the counter. Twilight struggled to reach it, but had no success. She frowned and looked at Mrs. Cake pleadingly.

"Oh, here." Twilight Velvet slid five bits across the counter towards Mrs.Cake, who took the money slid the cupcake further across the counter where Twilight could reach.

Twilight snatched up the cupcake and put it on the floor, then she did a small dance, making all of the others laugh. Twilight also giggled, then stopped and took a small bite out of the mountain of frosting atop her treat.

Ack! Too sweet! She grimaced and put her hooves up and promptly squashed the cupcake, lathering the floor in frosting. Night Light snorted and Twilight Velvet gasped. "Twilight!" She scolded, while looking for a way to clean up the mess. "I am so sorry!"

Mrs.Cake raised an eyebrow at Twilight Velvet, but then said "It's quite alright." She walked into the back of the sweet shop and brought out a small pile of napkins, handing Twilight Velvet a few, whom had resorted to gathering crumbs up with her magic.

While the two were cleaning up, Night Light smirked at Twilight, who smiled back at him sweet and innocently as if she hadn't done anything wrong. He rolled his eyes and walked over to help with the clean up job.

Twilight, without anything to do, decided to explore. She looked around and spotted the entrance to the kitchen. She approached, then entered. None of the grown-ups noticed her sliding through the folding doors. The first thing she spotted was a big metal thingy. Next was a small metal thingy, followed by a medium metal thingy. She went back to Small Metal Thingy and looked it in the eye. It blinked back at her, and she furrowed her eyebrows. It took on a suspicious look. She raised her eyebrows, and it acted surprised. Small Metal Thingy sure was strange.

Twilight gave an awkward grin and slowly backed up towards Medium Metal Thingy. She didn’t want to hurt Small Metal thingy’s feelings, but she looked in a whole lot of discomfort already. Twilight felt bad. Look! She had even made Small Metal Thingy sad!

This wouldn’t do, she had to make it up to her. She approached Small Metal Thingy again, this time giving her a soft hug. Cold metal contacted Twilight’s coat, but she held the embrace. Small Metal Thingy’s eyes were welling up with tears of desperation, almost as if she still wanted to be friends. Twilight gave Small Metal Thingy a reassuring smile, and broke the hug to rub her head against Small Metal Thingy’s. She backed up to take a better look at Small Metal Thingy, but she tripped and fell on her back, coming face to face with Medium Metal Thingy. Medium Metal Thingy seemed to be… just a machine. He had a dull grey luster, but not much else. However, she still felt bad for bumping into him. Twilight gave Medium Metal Thingy a hug also, but then was interrupted by Night Light.

“What are you doing back there, Twilight? You have already caused enough of a mess, there’s no need to make it worst.” After stating that, Night Light got to witness one of the most heart warming things he had seen in a while: Twilight pouted, but then turned around and approached a small machine, probably for baking goods. She gave it a hug, then waved goodbye to her reflection as she walked back towards him. He could see that her cheeks were wet and he could only imagine what had happened back there. And why had she hugged her reflection? Well, that meant he had a smart and loving filly, right?

Twilight suddenly seemed to remember something, then increased her speed and started running towards him. However, Twilight tripped and fell, nose becoming pressed against the floor as she slid momentarily due to her momentum, until coming to a stop. Night Light’s futile attempt to catch her rewarded him, too, with a sore nose. Night Light scooped Twilight’s now whimpering body from the floor and held her tight to his chest. She curled up to him and continued to sob. He could feel her warm body against him, and the small amount of wetness spawned from her tears. After a moment, she seemed to take some comfort in being with him, and her crying slowly decreased as Night Light nuzzled her lovingly.

“What happened?” Twilight Velvet yelled across the shop. She came running towards the two, but then stopped and cooed at the scene. Night Light, still laying on the floor with Twilight, smiled up at Twilight Velvet, giving her a faint ‘hey’. She smiled back at him, and walked over closer. She then lay beside him and Twilight, giving them both a light kiss.

Mrs.Cake nervously watched the heartwarming scene, wondering when she should tell them that it was raining.