• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 1,421 Views, 1,107 Comments

Birthday Wish - Midnight Spawn



I made a wish for a friend, and a pony showed up. This is my day-to-day life, making friends, saving Equestria, and keeping the ponies a secret from the world. Always looking for advice, so jump on board to help save ponykind!

  • ...
6
 1,107
 1,421

The End

Night Heart, you're not going to like what I'm about to write.

I was surprised (only a little) to see that you had kept up messaging me regularly, trying to keep in touch. Wanting to make sure I was okay. You've stuck by my side for so long and been a true friend. When what I said made no sense, you believed me anyway. When I disappeared without explaining a thing, you trusted me. When I was in dangerous situations, you rooted for me. I know you've never left my side. It's funny, this loyalty, makes me wonder if your pony-self might be Rainbow Dash herself.

Which is why it pains me so much... to say what I am about to say.

I... I'm not going to be writing anymore. Something has happened... something that can be only be fixed one way. You know how in some stories, the ending takes a surprising twist? Well, mine has. In the end, sometimes a hero has to do what nopony else can... and give everything he has. I've read stories where the hero sacrifices himself in the end, and I've always tried thinking of ways that he could have saved everyone and lived. But in the end, I've always known there was no other way. And now it's happening to me. I've fought to protect my friends, and now I'll die to protect my friends.

But, James, you might say, surely there is some other way! There's always a way! Not this time... thank you all for being there for me, and helping reach the end of my story. But now that I'm here, my story will end on a happy note. For as the hero falls, a new day rises.

And yes, I am in fact avoiding just coming out and saying anything. That is because you can not know what is happening for it to happen. So as much as I want to tell you what is going on, I can not. I know you'll be mad for a while, but... maybe one day you'll come to understand. Until that day, know that Equestria is safe. Everypony is safe.

So I'm going back to Equestria one final time... and I won't be coming back. I regret never meeting any of you, or getting to talk about season 4 when it comes out. I regret never getting to go with you to Equestria and showing you around. Or introducing you to the ponies and telling them what a help you've all been. Because you've been more than a help, you've been a family. My wish came true not because I met the ponies but because I met all of you. So thank you for everything.

I haven't told Sarah, but I will. I'll wait until it's too late for her to stop me, then change my password on this site so she can't get on. I want her to believe I'm going to Equestria and I'm happy. I want her to believe I'm safe.

So this is it, my final post. Night Heart, please let me go. I know for a fact you'll think I'm a fool in the beginning, but one day it'll all make sense. And I want you to know I'm okay with this. Knowing the results is enough to keep me smiling for all of eternity, so you should too. I didn't write this so you can cry over me forever, but so you can be happy I made a difference. We all made a difference. The world may never find out, but that doesn't mean we're not heroes.

I solute all of you for your courage, loyalty, kindness, and understanding. This is my choice. It's something I have to do.

MMMBrony, you have a bright future. Stay courageous.
Evedawalrus, keep smiling. Your kindness will take you far.
Stagequill, you've been here from the beginning, and I thank you for all you've done.
Swiftbullet, your selflessness makes you shine among men. Thank you for everything you've done.
Night Heart, I've never met anyone else like you. A true friend is a great find indeed, so thank you for being that. Anyone who meets you is lucky to have met such a wonderful person. I know you'll figure everything out--you have a gift for that. Please don't think you in any way failed to protect me. You SAVED me so I could do this.

The sun goes down on Midnight Spawn, and my final act is for my friends. Goodbye, and I love you all.

Comments ( 25 )

...*sniff*
SOLDIERS! ALL SALUTE!
*begins playing taps*













In the words of Passenger:
"Only miss the light when it's burning low,
Only hate the road when you're missing home,
Only know you love her when you let her go...
...





And you let her go."

R.I.P Midnight spawn
October 12, 2013 - November 20, 2013

Correction: October 3rd, not 12th

I don't know what to say... You were and always will be a good friend James. If not you we would never accomplished what we do. My selflessness is nothing compere to yours. I...

Soldiers of Alliance, stand at Attention!
Salute in honor of the Hero!

You will be never forgotten, may moon and sun show you the way.

Wait... what just happened? Is he... James, you son of a muffin! Look at what you've done...
Great, it's Zack Fair (Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core) all over again... well, he died honorably. I didn't know him too well, but I'll always remember what he's done. Maybe I'll write a song about it so the world can know.
But, did he not want the world to know? Sounds like he wanted to be that forgotten hero who nobody knows about, but who gave everything for a happy future. Well, I don't care! Anyone who gives his life for the world (even if it's a different one) deserves to be remembered. Season 4 wouldn't exist if not for what he's done, I'm guessing. Maybe some episode somewhere in season 4 will explain what he died for? Then again, that was a different Equestria...
I just need a moment to myself...

Everypony, keep this story favorited. Who knows? Maybe something will happen to let James come back.
And night, do you know what he's talking about?

James if you really see me as a friend, then you weill also understand when I say things to you and don´t hold back, even if it is something you don´t want to hear. I see you as my friend, and so dammit you will the fuck hear me out and answer me and not just ignore me.

I was quite a few times in this kind of situation, no I am not exaggerating if that is what you think. I have a few friends that wanted commit suicide. Yes you read right, I was there I spoke with them and we found a way to solve the problems together.

What you are currently doing here is the exact same thing you idiot, you think that you will be the hero, jump into action save the day by just giving you live away. Newsflash doofus, that is not how it works, if you just throw your live away, what is if the danger is still there, and after you are so gloriously have thrown away your live away everything goes to tatarus/hell. What then? If you darn it let us help you and you would not be so selfish to want to be "the one", "the hero" and all this load of bullshit, this could be evaded.

But you fucking idiot just ignores all off us who want to help you, you just wants to leave us, your sister, your family just so you can be a so called hero. Sorry to say you are not a hero if you do this, just to save the day, no you are just a big idiot.

I am trying for days to reach you an speak with you, saying you that I have visions that something will happen, that something is here at this moment, in our realm, but you just ignore me and doesn´t anwer to me. You don´t have the full picture, but you do nothing to change that. Really sorry to say, as it seems to me, if you just throw your live away you will not only doom yourself but all of us, and that just so you can be a so called hero.

As you said we where there for you the whole time, we all find solutions for our problems, but know you just throws all this in the trash because you think you can now solve this all alone without any help. You don´t even ask us, or give us a chance to say or do something, you just go up there and leave us behind. Is that really your image of a hero? I don´t think so. Also we all agreed that we need to speak with Celestia because she wants us to help her. But what are you doing? You are not we, we want to help, we are here, and dammit we have the right to choose. Do you really want to leave us behind just like that, without giving us a chance?

I see you as a friend, I really do and I will help you no matter what, but you can not take my right away tho chose, and I chose that I want to help you and go with you. So help me the creator of all things I will come with you, and that is it. So don´t say to us and me that you have chosen to abandon us just like that. And speak with us and tell us how we can follow you to Equestria, you can send me a pm. And we can see from there where to go, but don´t make that kind of stupid mistake. If have told you of the consequences so you can no any longer just ignore them. So be a real hero, someone who knows when it is time to ask for help and speak with us and let us help you, as we did before.

Your friend

Night Heart

3515853
Wow, you really needed to let that out, bro.

3515871 No I don´t let just need to let it out, that is just a big fucking idiot of an mistake. NO simply no, I don´t accept this. James cannot be just so selfish, and just such a simple minded, autocratic being. A few times he nearly made mistakes and we warned him about it, so he learned from it, and now this? You cannot be right in you mind James. Everything was working because we were together, we helped each other. And now this, you just throws anything away, not your live alone, but us all, your family and also Equestria. I don´t want to belive that you want to do this. Simply no, if you speak with us, we find a way, and as I said many times I have nothing here that would hold me back and I could come with you to Equestria. You would simply have to ask. So damit do it and ask.

I will not again see how a friend just wants to throw his/her live away because he/she is to afraid to speak with me. So again, open your mouth and speak, NOW!!!!

3515853 How do you know this is suicide? James doesn't seem like the kind of person who would kill himself just so we would call him a hero. If he says there was no other way, I believe him. And he said he can't tell us what is happening or it won't happen (whatever that means)

Eh, maybe you're right. Some part of me just wants to defend him and believe he wouldn't do something like this unless it was for us. I mean, when has he been so selfish in the past? But he did ignore us when we wanted to help. At least in the past few days, maybe not for the rest of it. So I don't know what to think. And if I don't know what to think, I'm just going to trust that he knew more than we do. Maybe this disaster that's here is why he's doing this?

It may seem to me to be the wrong move, but I don't know fully what's going on. So I choose to think of him honorably. Not one who did anything just so we'd call him a hero, but one who was thinking of Equestria and his friends to his last minute. I may be wrong, but that's what I'm remembering James by. Anything else would break my heart.

3515914 Sorry to say I just have seen this bullshit to many times in my live. He thinks he would protect us from danger. So he choose to not speak with us so we all are save and have all our easy life, and anything can go on as it was.

Have you thought about what I have written, what happens if something goes wrong, he is currently the only one who knows how to communicate with Equestria and how to even go there. What happens if he fails, without anyone of us able to do anything. He even wants to change the pass to his profile, so we could not even speak with Sahrah.

But by doing what he wants to do, he takes us the right to chose to want to help, to want to do something, to help him, to choose what we want, I for my part don´t want to see him risk his live alone, I want to follow him and protect him. But by doing what he did he just took us everything what we bronies/pegasisters stand for. We stand for friendship, harmony and tolerance but we also stand for the right to choose, we accept others for what the want and what they are, and exactly now he is taking us the right to do this. I want to choose to help, I don´t want lo loose a friend, I want to be able to do something. So James you hear this right, no matter what I want to go with you, no matter the price. It dosn´t matter to me who reads this, I stand to what I just said, I want to help him, so be it, and let me help, that is what I wish for, that is what I want.

3515992 Not anybody will go alone and this is finale. We will solve this all togehther and this will not change. You will say to me what you mean about "What you didn´t say to me" in a pm, no secrets any longer, we will solve this and get James back.

3516010 What forum? Add me please!

3516034 the alliance to restore free equestria, you can find a link on James' profile.
And now I propose we continue this discussion in said forum.

I have no idea what the hell this means...

3516290 Please follow this link

Thank you

.......... I'll keep smiling, James. That's all I can do.

I'm not a speaker. I can't find some deep quote or write a touching speech. All I can say...... Is I will smile. I will be kind. I will forgive.

But, James, why? Part of me is still trying to comprehend this. Part of me doesn't even know if you're talking about suicide, of if you are actually going to Equestria!

But no matter what happens, I will say this: I will remember. I will remember the sunny morning I spied a story called Birthday Wish. I will remember opening it up and reading the first chapter, then trying to decide wether to believe this weird guy or not. I chose to believe. I followed, I refreshed, I checked as much as I could, watching, waiting for a new chapter. I talked to Pinkie Pie. I caused her to get her Cutie Mark, just by saying she made me smile. I went ill with worry when you disappeared with Twilight. I was under a rain cloud for days. Then, I rejoiced when Twilight posted. I listened earnestly. I was frozen to the core by Say My Name. Then, I felt left out. I was never good with War games, but I helped best I could. I was sad when Celestia sent you home. I was mad that she did that. And every night, when I fell asleep, I hoped. I hoped that when I opened my big eyes, I would see a blue sky. I would see a small town with bright colors, thatched roofs, and Technicolored ponies. Every day, I waited to be a pony. To go to Equestria. But it hasn't come...... Yet. And now..... I am sad. I am angry. But most of all, I am empty. I will miss you, James. Reconsider. Please. Don't be a hero. Don't be a martyr. That's what friends are for. But I know I will always regret never telling you something about me. I'm.... I, Yvette Michelle, am twelve years old. I never told you because I thought you would think less of me. Now, I regret it deeply. Goodbye James. May your life be ever beautiful.

-Evedawalrus

3516413 That was beautiful. I don't think it was suicide, I think there was a threat we didn't know about that he sacrificed himself to stop. At least, that's what I want to believe.
I don't know if he can read what you said, and I don't know if he's already gone through with whatever plan he had in mind, but I'm sure he would be proud to know you, no matter your age (you are a very smart 12 year old)

3515853 Night, calm down. I know you are upset, but what about him? From the sound of it James is sacrificing himself for his friends, whether Equestrian or maybe even us. Either way, think of how he must feel, and I can say that what we need here is a calm mind.

What? I-

I haven't been on... I thought it was over... Clever Build alerted me.

Midnight Spawn.... I hope wherever you are going, it... I don't know what to say. I just...

Thank you for sharing the adventure.

All right, so the Equestria from the show is different from the one James went to, but what if doing something in that dimension's Equestria affects what happens in the show's Equestria? If I see anything in season 4 (So excited for saturday!!!!!) that references to this, I'll say something.

Hello Sahrah if you read this, you will know that something happened to James. So please contact me as fast as you can and I will fill you in what happened. Or you could go to our forum, there will always be someone so you can speak to(LINK).

Hello Sahrah if you read this, you will know that something happened to James. So please contact me as fast as you can and I will fill you in what happened. Or you could go to our forum, there will always be someone so you can speak to(LINK).

Login or register to comment