• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 1,421 Views, 1,107 Comments

Birthday Wish - Midnight Spawn



I made a wish for a friend, and a pony showed up. This is my day-to-day life, making friends, saving Equestria, and keeping the ponies a secret from the world. Always looking for advice, so jump on board to help save ponykind!

  • ...
6
 1,107
 1,421

Night 1 of the War for Equestria

ok then, first order! Send a couple Pegasi out to scout around to try to find another hideout. Stormcloud knows where you are, so you'll Need to move soon. Also, see if they can't find any food. I'll leave it up to you who to use as scouts James, as you know them better than me. In the meantime try to build a small barricade in case we get attacked sooner than we think. See if twilight can learn some combat spells, and ask pinkie if she can use unicorns like machine guns, like she did at the battle of canterlot.
Good luck.
Oh and keep derpy around to keep morale up.

The ponies split up to perform each of their tasks. Fluttershy had some of her animal friends search for food while she and 2 other pegasi looked for a new base of operations.

"How's that barrier coming, Rarity?" I called to her during my practice of spells with Twilight.

"I don't think it'll hold anything from rushing in. Perhaps we might try a magic barrier?"

"All right, then I'll practice my offensive spell on it." The forcefield would normally take three unicorns to keep up, but with Rarity helping it stayed up with only two.

"All right, just try knocking that down!"

My horn glowed and I managed to let loose a burst of energy that hit the barrier with a great force.

"Ha! This pattern is perfect! I do weave magic quite well, if I do say so myself." Rarity patted herself on the back.

"And that was a great shot, James," Twilight congratulated me, "We'll be able to take on his army yet!"

Pinkie jumped in, "And I can use my party cannon!" *Kaboom!*

Suddenly, Fluttershy returned and reported, "James! Oh... are you busy?"

"It's okay, Fluttershy, did you find a source of food?"

"Yes... but... well the squirrels said all the trees were dead except for over at Sweet Apple Acres. There's plenty of food and a clean river going through there, too."

"That's great news!"

"But they said there were some dark clouds above the whole area."

"Like how dark? Like black, dark?"

"...I think so?"

I glanced over at Apple Jack and saw her worried face. "Not Sweet Apple Acres!"

"Calm down, he'd be there by now if he hadn't already made his move. That means we know what his next move will be."