• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 1,422 Views, 1,107 Comments

Birthday Wish - Midnight Spawn



I made a wish for a friend, and a pony showed up. This is my day-to-day life, making friends, saving Equestria, and keeping the ponies a secret from the world. Always looking for advice, so jump on board to help save ponykind!

  • ...
6
 1,107
 1,422

Day 6 (4 posts)

What? Morning already?

Well guys, I'm safe, and I found the scouts. Soon after I entered the forest, I noticed that several of the trees had been knocked down, so I followed them until I heard a voice call out. It was Zecora calling from her home. I hadn't known I was so close to her house, but she invited me in and I found the scouts there.

Zecora told me there was a Minotaur on the loose, and to leave the house would be foolish. She had planned to harbor our scouts until the Minotaur left, but he didn't seem to want to leave.

So I stayed at Zecora's last night. I also showed her the letter, and she said that it was the language of the Changlings. Unfortunately, Zecora couldn't read it, so I don't know if that means the Crystal Empire is in danger or not.

But here's the best news I've heard in a while: The book Twilight remembered seeing? It's here! Zecora had it hidden away, but she said I could keep it if I found it. We spent half the night searching before Pinkie walked over, moved a couple masks, pressed a secret button, and picked up the book it revealed. "I just thought, 'If I was going to hide a secret book written by my ancestors, I'd hide it behind creepy masks, too!'" Pinkie had said. The episode literally pointed right to the book's hiding spot and nopony--er, nobody--ever knew! (Wow, it's actually kind of strange to say "nobody" now... I've been here too long)

So I, hhhhhhhhh! Mm, sorry, that was a yawn... So I stayed up all night reading it, and I'll probably be reading it all day. It has everything! It even mentions earth. Did you know I'm not the first person to come to Equestria? It has journal entries by this kid--it's really quite interesting. One thing it said in an entry was that for some reason or another, when a person comes to Equestria, the new body doesn't register sleep. You can go to sleep, I mean, but it doesn't get any rest. So to my body right now, I've been awake since I got here!

I'm going to keep reading. I haven't found the spell to cure ponies that have been "clouded" if you will, but if I find it, I'll let you know. I just... keep falling asleep due to fatigue, and I'm afraid that since I'm not getting any rest, eventually I'll fall asleep and not wake up... not dead, just asleep. It's a scary thought, but I'm not going to let it distract me from learning all I can! Twilight's helping too, although she's a MUCH faster reader than I am!

I'll post again sometime today; no idea when, though. If you have anything you want me to che you--bleh! Check. For. You. (sorry) I'll see if this book covers it and check periodically to see comments and reply to them.

Post #2

Okay, there's a spell here that might work. It's not specifically to cure a mind that's been taken over by a dangerous villain known as Stormcloud, but it's close enough to try. But it's really complicated... I don't think I could do it, but Twilight might. If she can't, then the Princesses could for sure.

There's something else in here about people and ponies or something, but I can't really figure it out. I think it means something like, for every pony in Equestria, there's a person on earth as its match... or something... I think when I came here, I took over the body of my... what's the word I'm looking for? Congruent? No, no... I don't know, but anyways if this body is technically housing two beings at the same time, it would make sense that it would get any rest in sleep.

But, James, you look awful! You need sleep!

Oh! We could liberate the princesses, then they could send you back each night to sleep then bring you back during the day to be with us!

No! I'm fine. Besides, if I went back, and my parents saw me... there's no way I'd be able to get back here. I can't go back before this is over.

But you have to sleep some time! You can't go on like this forever.

Then let's finish this game quickly. All we have to do is save the princesses, get them to bring Rainbow Dash back, heal all the ponies of this spell on them, and use the Elements of Harmony to defeat Stormcloud. Easy, right? Shouldn't take... longer than... a week...

James? Don't fall asleep! You may be too tired to wake back up.

I'm awake! I'm fine. Leave me alone.

What?

No, I mean... I'm sorry. Don't worry about me. What about this Minotaur? The only one I know of is Iron Will, which means he must be under... Stormcloud's control, right? So let's try the spell out on him. If it works, we can use it on all the ponies under Stormcloud's spell. Ta-da! Problems solved. Nopony has to fight.

And, guys, I'm still reading this book. A lot of it is this guy's journal. Apparently, he came here and took the form of a zebra, living with Zecora's ancestors. That makes me wonder if I know any... body on earth who is matched with a pony from the show? I might know who Diamond Tiara is...

That's it. Anything you want to add, Twilight?

Ooh, James, here read this. Oh, and no, I'm good.

All right. Twilight, I'm sorry.

For what?

I don't know. Everything.

Why so many frowns? We have a way to save everypony now! I say this calls for a party!

A party?

Yea! With pin the tail on the pony! And music and dancing! And you can be the first to taste the punch, James! Doesn't that sound like fun?

Haha, yea. Sounds great, Pinkie. Looking forward to it.

Post #3

Orders:
If possible, get back to diamond dog hq. we can't risk trying the spell on iron will, since if it fails, you're going to get gored.
Zecora, if you can make anything that would make James not keel, please do so posthaste, and with much zeal.
YES!
...
*ahem*
Anyway, we could also use a plan on how to use poison joke as a weapon.
Zecora, I'm putting you in charge of researching how to weaponize poison joke.
And twilight, test the spell.
By the way, where are the princesses, and does anypony have any idea on how to free them from their stone imprisonment?

Wow! Zecora gave me a potion, and boy do I feel better! She told me it's only temporary, but I am SO glad to have it.

She's packing... everything. This zebra has got a LOT of potions, and she wants to bring them all. Then there's a few plants, some keep-sakes... I told we're not leaving forever, but anyway. She's also fairly certain she can make a potion to melt a hole in the forcefield covering the castle. She knows how, she just needs the ingredients. That's where both princesses and Discord are, so if we get in and out of there unnoticed, we'll have a huge step up on fire-power!

Once we're finished packing, we'll head back to HQ. Hopefully, we don't meet that minotaur and we get to practice the spell on a chained-down pony instead.

Post #4

Somehow, Twilight is walking, reading a book, and casting the spell with me all at the same time. How on earth do you do that, Twilight?

Mh-hm, yea james, that'll be fine.

Huh, I think we lost her. Anyway, she, Pinkie, Zecora, the scouts, and I are almost back to

Huh? ...oh no...

hh hhhh hhhh hh Twilight, look! The entrance to the tunnels is blocked off! There's been a cave-in!

Huh? What? A cave-in? James, I don't think that could happen. The Diamond Dogs dig these tunnels all the time, and I've never heard of a cave-in before. Besides, they could always just dig out again.

But they're not! Gimme that book! How could-- Stormcloud. I knew we hadn't seen enough of him. Guys, I'll talk to you later. Pinkie, come on!