• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 1,421 Views, 1,107 Comments

Birthday Wish - Midnight Spawn



I made a wish for a friend, and a pony showed up. This is my day-to-day life, making friends, saving Equestria, and keeping the ponies a secret from the world. Always looking for advice, so jump on board to help save ponykind!

  • ...
6
 1,107
 1,421

Night 4 Taking Back Sweet Apple Acres

You're going to like what you read tonight, guys! Things are looking up!

Sweet Apple Acres once again belongs to its rightful owners--the free ponies of Equestria!

Everypony here has seen the episode with the zap-apples, right? Stormcloud may control the weather, but when the zap-apples bloom, the weather has a mind of its own. No other ponies know the signs like AppleJack, so when the weather shifted so suddenly, she called the "move out!" and our ponies sneaked in under cover of darkness.

As the enemy was looking up at the sky, the diamond dogs quickly and quietly dragged them one by one under the ground. When half their army was gone, they started looking around and spotted our troops moving through the trees. With a cry, they started to attack, but this was exactly what TheMMMBrony had planned for.

As they thought us foolish enough to attack them head on, they charged right at us. However, with their focus on the small group in front of them, the Diamond Dogs continued to grab many of them and subdue them below the earth where a small group of earth ponies were waiting.

The enemy was starting to panic now, looking down then back up at what they now knew was a lure. With their focus on the Diamond Dogs below, AppleJack knew what was coming next and called them off. Right when AppleJack said they would, the apples on the trees were each struck by lightning, covered in electricity. That's when she called for the pegasi to swoop in, ordering them to buck the electric apples right off the trees down to where the enemy was waiting.

All at once, AppleJack led the charge of what used to be the decoy. They screamed their non-threatening pony screams (kinda anticlimactic) and galloped into the foe. The front of the line carried spears, but it was clear they wouldn't be needing them.

The enemy was in total panic, running this way and that to avoid being hit by the zap-apples and jumping everywhere they went to escape the soldiers down below. Most ponies didn't even need to swing a single spear as the foe bumped into each other, tripped over themselves and ran for the hills. A few of them got away, but most we have prisoner. We have maybe 70 in all. The few that ran are being chased down.

The attack was a complete and utter success! Not a single pony lost! Thanks to all of you for your brilliant strategy, and thank TheMMMBrony for his brilliant leadership skills. If we keep going like this, Equestria should be ours by the end of the week!

AppleJack was awarded a medal for her bravery and... very loud voice giving the orders. She had everything timed down to the second. Of course, we all knew she was a big planner, and today it really came in handy. Giving orders then leading the front charge has earned her a celebration, and we're all drinking cider tonight!

Except for me... I need some sleep... my sister keeps telling me I look worse every day. But I'm fine. I can't get over how well that went! War may not be pretty, but that battle was glorious!

I can't wait to hear what you guys have planned next.

EDIT: Oh, yea, I almost forgot. We sent 4 ponies into the Everfree Forest, but they haven't come back yet. I'd send a few more in to check on them, but... most are too afraid of that place to do it. It would have to be me, and they needed me here for the battle tonight.