• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 1,422 Views, 1,107 Comments

Birthday Wish - Midnight Spawn



I made a wish for a friend, and a pony showed up. This is my day-to-day life, making friends, saving Equestria, and keeping the ponies a secret from the world. Always looking for advice, so jump on board to help save ponykind!

  • ...
6
 1,107
 1,422

Day 9 (3 posts)

All right, I'm sorry I haven't posted before now, but I've pretty much spent all day today finding as many ponies to change back as possible. My report: We're running out of room, haha!

There have been a few fights, though. I think in all we lost around 5 earth ponies, 3 Pegasi, and 3 Unicorns. Some of the ponies didn't want to be changed back and other times there would be some castle guards wandering the street. These are our first casualties in the whole game, I think. And remember the ponies aren't dead. They literally vanished and supposedly are in limbo for the remainder of the game.

But the good news is, about a third of the unicorns have already mastered the spell (I'm getting there), so we've covered a lot of ground. As of right now, I'd estimate our numbers to be (including the prisoners which are also changed):
200 Earth Ponies
100 Unicorns
70 Pegasi
Then there's also the mane six, me (Sarah will not fight as long as I can help it), the Diamond Dogs, etc.

The tunnels go really far, but most of the tunnels run too deep for us to stand the heat. So we need to either make more tunnels or find a second HQ.

Stormcloud currently has... I have no idea. HUNDREDS for sure. Occasionally I see a group of Pegasi fly overhead, but I don't know where they go. Probably just scouts. He also has control of Cloudsdale, Sweet Apple Acres, the castle, the train system, and possibly the Crystal Empire.

That's just a little sums up of where we stand. And a reminder that we win if we reach Stormcloud at the top of the castle (and I'd assume fight him although I don't remember him ever actually saying that). But we can't fight him without the Elements of Harmony, which we need Rainbow Dash to be able to do. RD is currently going through the events of the story "My Little Dashie", I believe. No idea how to get her back here.

I think we should fit as many orders into tonight's post as we can. We certainly have the troops for it, but we need to be extremely cautious at the same time. After all, Stormcloud hasn't made his move yet either.

Post #2

Hey, guys, we know what's been going on in the Crystal Empire.

So we should form a squad and go save my brother!

Just a minute, Twilight. So, it would seem that that single guard that's been in front of the train station? (Talked about in the comments, but not actually posted in a chapter) Yea, he was the sender of that letter. It would seem he's a changeling who knows the world Stormcloud is trying to make won't help them i the slightest.

But the Crystal Empire is swarming with changelings!

Twilight, would you like to tell them?

Sorry. Go ahead.

No, I was serious, you take over. I'm... still not really in my right mind.

Oh, okay. Greetings, my name is Twilight Sparkle.

The words are purple, so they know.

Oh, right. Well, the Crystal Empire is completely unaware of everything that's going on because Stormcloud replaced Cadance and my brother with Changelings!This kind changeling says they won't let anypony leave or enter, but he could get us in if we wanted him to.

So he sent us the letter to let us know he would be waiting at the train station.

Exactly. So tonight, we go in, find my brother, and restore the Crystal Empire to its former glory!

Uh, but it's up to you guys ex

We don't have a choice! This is my brother we're talking about. We're going to save him!

Of course we are, but we need to wait until the right moment and have some sort of plan.

Oh, I have our plan. First we all put on cloaks and pretend to be changelings in disguise, boardng the train to the Crystal Empire and sneaking into the castle. Then, we have a few pegasi make a distraction outside the castle walls, to which the phony Cadance and Shining Armor will go investigate. This will give us the chance to investigate and see where they're holding Cadance and my brother!

Um...

And as a back-up plan, we have the poison joke. We can grind it into a powder and have it sprinkled onto the guards!

Well...

A book I once had says that changelings are drawn to love, so if we need them to be far away, we can re-unite AppleJack with Applebloom and be ready to pull them out at the last moment!

Oh yea, we found and cured Applebloom and were going to surprise Applejack tonight.

I have everything scheduled to the second!

Wow... you did all of that fast.

It's a gift.

She said proudly, glad to finally put such a gift to such an important

James, this is serious! Spike, did you get all that?

Got it!

Get what?

Spike wanted to help, so I told him to write down everything we post so we can know exactly what we said later!

But we can just

What do you think?

Well, I think it could work, except for a few

Sorry... I was talking to them. You just get some sleep, I'll take it from here.

Sleep doesn't help, you know that. Besides, you have to have somepony from each world to cast the communication spell.

Actually, I researched that. I didn't realize it, but the first time I tried to contact them without you, it went through without my knowledge. We posted a chapter without even realizing it! So in fact, I believe I should be able to use the spell without your assistance. Of course, your assistance is always welcomed and I would prefer you be present, but you look like you really need a rest right now.

Oh... really? Okay... I guess I'll just... stand over here, then...

I really would like you to be present in the future, but what you need right now is sleep. I don't mean to be rude

No, I understand... you're just looking out for me. Wouldn't want anything to happen to me, right? I'll just... yea, sleep.

So it's still working? We're on? Yes! Okay, so about tonight

And you know how to post it, right?

Yes, James, we've done it several times.

Right. Wait, can't I just take another of Zecora's potions?

Taking too many potions can make you ill. I wouldn't risk it. You just relax and leave everything to me.

O-okay. Hey, you'll wake me up if

Of course.

All right. I'll talk to you guys later, I guess.

I really didn't want to send him away, but he just looks so awfully tired... let's discuss saving my brother. I've got it all planned out. What do you think?

Meet with sapphire. Ask him about the hive mind, if it exists. In general, try to figure out if we can trust him. And if you think he is our friend, feel free to enact your plan ASAP (as soon as possible).

She went without me? Well, fewer ponies have a better chance of not being spotted, I guess.

James, have you seen Pinkie? Her Pinkie sense will surely come in handy.

What?! But... I just saw you leave!

You couldn't have. I've been rallying the ponies who want to go.

But-but you just... oh no. Oh crap.

You don't think--?

How does something like this happen ever single time?

Who does he have?

Not many. But he's got Pinkie... and Applebloom.

Oh dear.

Do you think Stormcloud planned this or the Changelings did it on their own?

Either way we have to rescue them!

All right, let me just--

You're not going anywhere. You just threw up, you need to lie down.

But sleep doesn't do anything!

But you at least need to stay still and use as little energy as you can. Go find Fluttershy and talk about old times. I'm going to find Rarity and leave. Spike, you're coming with me! The bronies came up with a terrific plan we can use.

Dang that... Stormcloud... lying down does seem like a good plan... I'll talk to you tomorrow, guys... thanks for... everything...