• Published 6th Sep 2013
  • 2,900 Views, 146 Comments

The Kindest Help - Lucky424



You have recently moved to Ponyville, trying to forget your past. Will your new friends be able to help? Maybe, but maybe not after the news catches you up...

Comments ( 31 )

3633610 Er... yeah. Not sure how that happened, was meant to say shirt!

Fixed now, thanks.

SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

3635368 Maybe. We'll see. A blog post will be made soon concerning my future plans, but only when the chapters for my other stories are ready.

There will be a mass update across them. Two chapters are done, two are being worked on, and the fifth needs to be started. I'm going to try to have them done soon.

3635846 xD Awesome :pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by DrillMaxSaber deleted Dec 19th, 2013

Truly amazing, I've even found a way to ignore the Cliche "Parents don't like me" and the "Look at that?! Its a boy!"

The ending was family-like, and I couldn't wait for a sequel involving Amber Sky and Freedom Bolt's foalhood and the way to nice, grown up. (Good or bad,)


Keep up the good work friend.

3651163 It';s not so much as 'parents don't like me', they just over reacted. They realised their mistake, which is why they travelled to Ponyville to find him, and why he is allowing them to slowly become part of his life once more.

And the colt is just an example of how we don't always get what we want in life, at least not straight away. The 'sequel', as such, does not focus on them per se. Check out my latest blog for my current plans.

3719881 Yeah, these chapters were pre editor, and before I started using G-docs, so it never got picked up.

Fixed it now, thanks.

4000151 Spitfire? Believe me, I could have found a much better one. But I'd probably be banned if I did that.

You created a story so sweet that I now have diabetes. Thank you for telling me about this prequel Lucky

:pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2: that was the most beautifull story i ever read it has lead me to tears and bad gramor

4096429 If I could draw, there'd be a lot more pictures in my A/N, believe me.

Here is the pic page.

4208758 It gets explained.

4208884 Yep, and so is AJ

I do not know how I feel about all of what I just read...........but


I LOVED IT!!!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::twilightsheepish::twilightblush::twilightsmile::yay::moustache::heart:

4233102 Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Please feel free to check out the semi-sequel, It's A Kind Of Magic. I'll let you guess who that's about!

4233109 I saw the sequel and I am about to read it so see you in about ? hours :twilightsmile::pinkiehappy:

Not the best thing I've ever read, but still worth the time to read it. :moustache: You have earned one.

4286442 It does get explained in a later chapter. That's right, we haven't seen the last of her.

4835985 She wasn't drunk, but who was the other mare?

4836032 She knows how to do the deed, but she's doesn't mean like that. What she is on about here is more the intimate parts before they get down to the nasty.

And that part. Issue with how it is written, or the content? If content, you never slept in your parents bed after a nightmare or something? If how it's written, this was prior to me having an editor, I'll go take a look now.

5130038 Thank you. Feel free to check out It's A Kind Of Magic, part 2 of the Somebody To Love series, and A (Dis)Honest Life, which is part 3 and the current story.

Do you write Clopfics only, or would you make a sequel with a more normal approach? I mean the sex can be still there, but I want a more serious story about there relationship and stuff like that if you know what I mean.

I don't mind a sex chapter every few chapters, but I don't want it to be the main topic in a possible sequel. (I just finished the (7)sex chapter so far)

edit: I feel a bit like this isn't completely meant to be a clopstory only but I found it there when I was looking for a certain story that I lost long ago.

7555104 There's only one (I think) excitability detailed chapter per each story in the series, the rest is bordering it.

I have written non-clop stories, but that has been some time... I do have a few WiP non-clop, but they're proving to be a bit of a hassle right now.

okay that probably means no sequel? I mean much already happened when they got the second child.

7555370 There's a direct sequel that takes place between the last chapter and the epilogue, Kind Of Magic. It's a Twi x OC fic.

7555491 hhhmmm okay I need to think about that, I don't exactly think of them as a sequel, if they change the main chars.

7555519 Each successive story has the previous couple in it. They share the same timeline. They do not need to have the same pairing to be considered a sequel.

7555573

They do not need to have the same pairing to be considered a sequel.

I know, I just feel a bit different about it, at least if it is like I think it is. However like I said I probably give it a chance anyway.

This sentence at the story's cover page -

That's all the letter said.

- is, firstly, exceedingly boring. It itself doesn't inspire any sort of mood nor any sort of interesting voice.

It also is only halfway grammatically correct; firstly, you don't get to use conjunctions when writing 2nd person, since it is very similar to the 3rd person POV (which uses an omniscient -and consistent!- tone of writing); secondly (a nitpick about choice of verbs), written letters don't say things, but they do tell, state, or even request things; it is only sapient beings who ever said something or who even have a say.

Anyhow, I did almost finish reading skim most of this fic just because of how I enjoyed the premise. But that's me being (on mobile, no less! :facehoof:) a lazy reader. Youuu should get a less lazy editor.

Login or register to comment