• Published 6th Jun 2013
  • 2,783 Views, 271 Comments

Believe - Rapplejack



Two mares can't be together. It's just not right... Right..? (A Rarijack Story)

  • ...
17
 271
 2,783

Ch9: A New Challenger Approaches!

(Disclaimer: You might want to re-read the entire fan fic because I haven't updated this in a while so you might've all forgotten what happened up to this point. ^^ Sorry for being late on the updates!)

********************************************************

"I love you, Rarity."





...





Applejack stretched out her hoof as her plush body became flesh. She gave a look of satisfaction as she looked around the hut.

" As much as I'd love to thank you and chat, I've got a mare to save." Applejack stated, walking past Zecora. She gave Applejack an amused smile, watching her gait as she exited the hut. Applejack didn't waste any time as she sprinted out of the Everfree Forest with record speeds. If that no good impostor did anything to Rarity... Applejack winced at the thought. She could only wonder at what horrible things Rarity could be going through. " I'm comin' for you, Rarity.." Applejack whispered, rushing out of the Everfree Forest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Applejack" grimaced in pain as she slowly sat up, holding onto her injured hoof. This is bad... she thought, rubbing her thigh softly. A green aura formed around her, levitating herself into the air. Her limbs slowly turned black, one after another, leaving her true form exposed. Chrysalis shuttered at the transformation, rubbing her now healed thigh.

She looked into the sky in deep thought, wondering what her next move should be. I should've planned this better... Now Rarity is in trouble... Chrysalis stretched her hooves as she started to sprint towards the direction that Rarity had gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rarity grimaced in pain as she woke up, still in the cave she was led to. Her hooves were tied against a wooden pole located in the center of the cave. She tried to use her magic, but her horn was covered in some kind of silky material that only allowed her to shoot sparks into the air. A dark figure stood by the entrance of the cave; the doppelganger of Applejack.

"Who are you!" Rarity demanded, thrashing herself against the binding that kept her from tackling the mare. The fake chuckled as she sat down, not answering her question.

"Isn't the sky just beautiful?" The fake said, looking at the sun setting across the horizon. Rarity stared in fury at the impostor, clenching her teeth from spewing out profanities all over the place. Before she could reply to the pony's question, she saw the mare pull out something from her saddle bag. A knife. Rarity felt a sudden surge of panic as her pupils shrank, her eyes not leaving the sharp metallic blade.

"W-What are you trying to do?" Rarity whimpered in distress. She knew this was bad, the sight of the knife made Rarity cringe to her very bones. Seeing the fake use her beloved Applejack's face was increasing the intensity of the situation as well.

"I wonder if she will come if I harm you..." The pony said ominously as she approached Rarity slowly, holding the knife menacingly in her hoof. Rarity prepared for the worst as she clung onto the wooden pole that restricted her from moving. The mare took one step forward before getting bucked across the cave, smacking violently against the wall.

"You best not get near Rar' again." Applejack warned, shortly after kicking the look alike. The fake was disoriented and took a moment to regain her balance. Applejack quickly ran towards Rarity, giving her a strong hug. "Rarity, I missed you so much... Are you okay? Did she hurt you? There's so many things that I want to tell you..." Applejack said, hugging the mare even tighter. Rarity felt tears emerge from her eyes. Finally, the real Applejack was here.. The one she yearned for for so long.

"A-Applejack... Is that really yo-..."

"You. Arent. HER." The fake hissed after regaining her composure. She immediately dove towards Applejack, knocking them both onto the ground. Before Applejack could pin the fake, she was encased in a green magical aura.

"What in the ha-" Applejack yelled, getting thrown viciously against the wall. The fake's skin started to decay and turn black; holes forming in random spots on it's body. It didn't take Rarity a second guess as to what this creature was.

"Changeling!" Rarity gasped as the changeling brushed off the dirt from it's hooves. The changeling wasted no time, levitating the slowly rising Applejack into the air.

"Now... You... DIE." The changeling hissed, charging up a bolt of green magic.

"STOP!" A familiar voice screamed from the entrance of the cave. A green bolt smacked against the changeling, sending him flying across the cave

"So you finally came..." The changeling hissed in pain, slowly recovering from the blast. Chrysalis stood at the entrance of the cave, her horn sizzling from the previous magic bolt. Applejack's jaw dropped; what was Chrysalis doing here? Wasn't she defeated after Shining Armor and Princess Cadence combined powers to banish her? Before she could say anything, the bound mare next to her spoke first.

"Chrysalis? What are you doing here!?" Rarity asked, just as confused as Applejack was. Chrysalis gave Rarity a calm, content look.

"I'm glad you're alright, Rarity..." Chrysalis said as she re-averted her eyes towards the changeling. "What is your reason for coming here."

"After your absence, your highness," The changeling almost spat when he said 'highness', "We were left leader-less, roaming the Everfree Forest like a bunch of ANIMALS! The changeling was now standing up, a snarl grew on his face. "We were so relieved to have found you, but you were busy falling in love; genuinely in love." Applejack and Rarity watched the two in complete confusion, not knowing what in Equestria was going on.

"And what is the purpose for all of this?" Chrysalis demanded, maintaining a stern stance as she glared at the changeling.

"I have been elected as the new high arch of our tribe, and for me to truly become the leader, I must eliminate you!" At those words, the changeling charged head first into Chrysalis, knocking them both onto the ground. Applejack had no clue what was going on, but all she could do was assist the one who was less insane. She quickly ran over and pinned the changeling onto the ground, letting Chrysalis charge her magic.

"Back away, Now!" Chrysalis demanded, firing a strange colored bolt towards the changeling. The changeling almost instantly disappeared, leaving Applejack lying on the ground.

"W-what did you do to him?" Rarity asked, worried that she just witnessed a murder occur.

"I sent him back to deepest depths of the Haysead Swamps. We won't be seeing him for another hundred moons at least." Chrysalis confirmed, slowly approaching Rarity.

"And what do ya think you're doi-..." Applejack started to say, only to be interrupted by Chrysalis.

"I love you, Rarity."

Author's Note:

Sorry about the... 1, 2, 3..... 15 year wait guys. Sorry it's not as long as I promised, infact its extremely short but er... Yeah.. Sorry =_=;;;

(You might have to re-read the story cause you probably forgot what this ancient piece of writing was about xDD)

WHAT MORE TWISTS? ? ? ? ? ? You should know this by now :')

(Didn't include Chrysalis in the description because of spoiler)

BIG PLANS COMING NEXT FEW CHAPS. GET READY FOR SOMETHING HA UUUUUUUU GGGG

Comments ( 29 )

Sorry this chapter seemed kinda rushed, it builds into the next one quite nicely :twilightsheepish:

I'm so glad you are back. I could hug if you I could. And I'm really shocked. :pinkiegasp: I didn't see this coming at all. I wish I could give this story more thumbs up. So please take my tones of happy egghead icons. :twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile: And now please write some more. I might get my one-shot done, Changeling holiday story. :rainbowdetermined2:

3610527
Haha ill do it as fast as my schedule allows :3

3610534
Please don't rush or fight a schedule. I know how much of a pain in the flank a schedule can be. I'm just lucky that I work on my college's campus and I have free time at work to do a little writing when I'm not reading. :twilightsmile: Love reading. And welcome back to the world of writing mlp fanfics. I hope that you could give one of my stories a look over. I think I have improved a bit over the few months I have been here. :twilightsmile: And remember, keep wubbing on.

3610564
Haha ill try to read your stories :p I've been extremely busy working on school, art for a visual novel, and keeping a social life.. so ill try my best ^^

3610591
I'm in my last week of class this week. Then when the new semester starts, I bee working on class for my Media Informatics Major and my creative writing minor. :twilightsmile: And I just can't wait. I am trying to have a social life, I hang out with a few bronies I meet on Wednesday when I'm between classes for a few hours. But no rush reading my sorry flank of a story. They aren't going anywhere. Or I hope not :pinkiesmile:

I thought that Chrysalis is in love with someone else.

3610863 Promise you won't freak out or angry?

3611138
Haha I p promise?

HA! I'm very good at remembering the plot of a story I really like. Let's see how much I remembered, and how much of it is B.S. and my memory is actually wrong:

1.Rarity is in love with AJ, but can't tell her, so she makes a doll. She is very loving to that doll.

2. Applejack finds out Rarity is in love with her. She also turns into the doll via MAGIC!!!

3. There are three AJ's, two of which is fake.

4. One fake AJ knocks out the other, and steals Rarity claiming to take her to safety. This AJ turns out to be a fake and knocks out Rarity.

5. AJ finds this out from Zecora, who turns her back to normal.

I wonder how much of that I got right...

EDIT: Also I believe AJ starts to fall in love with Rarity after turning into a doll, can't remember....

3612074
?? Well my fan fiction isnt part of someone else's.. sorry D:

3611893
Hhaha as well as I could've said it :p

Probably should reread because I have more twists and turns for this story.. :p

It's ALIVE! Quite convenient timing too; I bought a Applejack and a Rarity plushie recently and I was thinking of this. So so so glad it's continuing.:raritystarry: Now as for the plot twists...:pinkiegasp:
I can't wait to see what happens.:pinkiehappy:

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the update! Lol wow! Three applejacks lol makes more sense and wtf chrysalis....ohhhhh I am a rarijack shipper but raralis could be fun too hehehe

I see you have not lost the ability to throw a plot twist at me that is unpredictable, yet also acceptable.

Good job, and welcome back.

3613434
Haha thank you ^^ its good to be back! So much love and old faces :p.. maybe not as much love as before though x.x

*sees "I love you, Rarity," at the top of chapter*

Well, that's sweet. AJ and Rarity must confess their love for each other in this chapter.

*Sees the ending*


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Good job on the chapter, btw.

3616567
Haha thank you :twilightblush:
You should know there are twists at every corner in this story so :3

I'm lost. Who turned Applejack into a doll? Isn't that voodoo? Was it Zecora? :applejackconfused:

3616571 So, we can safely proclaim this story dead, I presume?

7894927
Oh wow do people still read this? :twilightsheepish:

7894934 I don't read dead stories. That's why I'm asking if I can safely move on and forget about reading this one, or if something will be done with it after all.

i am . so. confused

Idk why I read this when I saw it wasn't finished i guess I hoped that they would have an interesting way of getting together and that it will make my day, now I'm left confused and left on a cliffhanger on a dead fic, why is there so many dead rarijack fics 😭

Login or register to comment