• Published 6th Jun 2013
  • 2,783 Views, 271 Comments

Believe - Rapplejack



Two mares can't be together. It's just not right... Right..? (A Rarijack Story)

  • ...
17
 271
 2,783

Ch2: Reckon somethin's wrong with Rarity

" Goodnight, Applejack..."




Sweet Apple Acres was at one of its busiest times of the year, Cider season. This meant that all the Apples had to crank their top gears another notch. After 8 hours of non-stop bucking, Applejack was about ready to buy her own coffin. Big Macintosh noticed how tired Applejack was and gave her the rest of the day off, even though Applejack insisted on helping further. Accepting defeat, Applejack decided to see if any of her best friends were available.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Oh, I'm sorry Applejack, I have to write this report to Princess Celestia and I CANNOT be a second too late to send it." Twilight apologized.

" Don't sweat it sugar cube, it's fine. Well I wouldn't want to be imposin' any further, I'll see you around." Applejack said, tipping her hat at her friend as she started walking off. Well let's go see how Rarity is doin'. Applejack thought, wondering if her fancy friend had any free time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack approached the Carousel Boutique, only to be interrupted by the Cutie Mark Crusaders rushing through the door and almost running straight into Applejack.

" Whoa there you little fillies, you best watch where you're headed before one of you gets hurt." Applejack scolded.

" We're sorry Applejack, we were just so excited to get our Scaring Fluttershy cutie marks!" Sweetie Belle innocently said, " Sorry about that! Anyways we have to go, see you later Applejack!" she said as the three of them ran off.

" Watch yourselves now." Applejack called after them. Them fillies are goin' to scare the livin' heck outta Fluttershy; hope they stay safe. Applejack thought. She started making her way to the entrance to the Carousel Boutique. Actually, I hope Fluttershy stays safe.

Applejack knocked on the door and heard hoof steps approaching the door; as Applejack saw the door open, she saw Rarity's head poke out and the door instantly slammed shut.

What is Applejack doing here! Oh no this is dreadful! Rarity thought. She started to fix her mane and opened the door once again.

" Applejack! I-uh wasn't expecting to meet you here.. I- I was actually on my way.. To.. Uhm.. Pick up some gems! Yes, I absolutely need gems now! Gems gems gems, you know how I like gems on my dresses don't you? Sorry, but I really have to take my leave now!" Rarity replied, panicked. She could feel the blood rush to her cheeks and ears.

" Uh.. Rar'? You feelin' alright in the noggin? You seem jumpier than a donkey in a rattlesnake den." Applejack said, " Your face is a bit red, you sure you're in the right health to be walkin' and findin' them gems?" Applejack questioned, putting her hoof on Rarity's forehead to check her temperature. Rarity's face erupted in a deep cherry red; she felt like a fire was lit on her ears and and she swallowed 10 pounds of cinnamon.

" I-I.. I really.. really need to go now! I'll chat with you later darling!" Rarity squeaked as she scurried off towards the mountain range.

" ..I guess I'll be seein' you around then?" Applejack said, watching her friend sprint off into the distance, confused.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rarity slowed her pace after she reached the edge of Ponyville, her face still a deep red from her encounter with Applejack.

Oh why must I do this every time I see Applejack.. Rarity thought. She could only imagine how suspicious she looked when every time Applejack approached her; how she would turn red and sprint off in the other direction. I hope I don't look too mischievous..

Rarity thought she might as well go find some gems, to pass the time until she knew for certain that Applejack has left the premises of her store. She just recently confirmed her suspicions: she loved Applejack. Not love as in friendly love, the love you have for a special somepony. This was a big deal to Rarity, because although Ponyville allowed same gender marriage, it was still frowned upon by the locals. To add to that, Rarity couldn't possibly let herself be in a position where ponies would look down upon her, it was beyond her comprehension. She sighed and sat down on her flank, rubbing her two front hooves together in deep thought.

Just thinking about Applejack sends an arrow through my maiden heart.. Oh.. I wish there was someway I could find a way to channel these feelings elsewhere.. Rarity thought, as she started walking back to her store,

Wait a moment.. That's it! I shall construct a doll of the highest caliber! My very own Applejack.. Rarity let out a rather creepy smile at this thought, but then realized she must've looked insane to any pony that passed her. She quickly scanned around her store, No Applejack.. she thought, walking towards her store. She went through the front entrance and immediately sat down at her sewing machine, letting her heart sew her soon-to-be Applejack.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the Mane Six gathered at Fluttershy's cottage. After her encounter with Rarity, Applejack rounded up all her friends and decided Fluttershy's house was the best for a meeting.

" I gathered y'all here today because I noticed somethin' a tad bit odd about Rarity." Applejack said, looking at her gathered friends.

" I-I don't know what you mean Applejack.. What's going on with Rarity?" Fluttershy stammered, holding onto her beloved bunny, Angel.

" Yeah what's the big idea, interrupting my training for this meeting! Rarity is always odd, that's the kind of pony she is!" Rainbow Dash declared, " What's wrong with Rarity anyways?"

" I was gettin' to that." Applejack said, not letting Rainbow Dash's attitude get to her. " Well for the past couple of days, ever' time I see Rarity, she scurries off faster than greased lightin'."

The group was confused at what Applejack meant. Before Rainbow Dash got another sarcastic comment in, Twilight interjected. " Maybe she's just shy, come to think of it, I haven't really seen her these past few days." Twilight said in deep thought, " Maybe since you're the only one who sees her, you noticed her overall weird behavior."

" I actually saw Rarity and Rarity has been doing absolutely positively fine! I mean she said hi to me like always and I said hi back, but then I asked her if she wanted to join my 198-days-after-Gummy's-birthday-birthday party! It was the best party EVER! Well not including his 197-days-after-Gummy's-birthday-birthday party, that might have been the best one, or wait! What about his 19-" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, interrupted by Applejack.

" Yeah that's mighty nice to know, Pinkie, but if she was normal around you.." Applejack wondered, " We should probably see how Rarity is doin'." All the mares nodded their heads and made their way out the door, towards the Carousel Boutique.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


" It's complete!" Rarity said, looking at her now finished plush doll of Applejack, " Oh it's perfect!" She held the doll up, staring into its emerald eyes. " Yes!" Rarity exclaimed, hopping up and down. This was exactly what Rarity needed, something to substitute for Applejack; something for her to channel her emotions towards. She decided to practice using her new outlet, " Applejack, dear.. I have something I want to tell you.. I-I..

" What'd you need to tell me, sugar cube?" Applejack said, walking through the door with her friends.

" A-Applejack! Everyone! F-.. Fancy meeting you all here! What brings you all here so unexpectedly! You know you should really knock before you enter somepony's shop!" Rarity stammered. She quickly put the doll in a drawer behind her. She turned bright red as she looked at her best friends.

" Actually, Rarity.. We did knock. We even asked if it was okay to come in and you said 'Yes!' so enthusiastically." Twilight said, staring at the newly colored Rarity in front of her. Rarity silently scolded herself, still staring at the group of friends. Applejack slowly started to approach her,

" Hey, Rar'? We were all wonderin' if there has been any problems lately?" Applejack said, concerned for her friend, " I've noticed how jumpy you've been lately. If there's anythin' we can do, we'd be glad to help, Rarity." Applejack put one of her front hooves on Rarity's shoulder. Rarity turned an even deeper shade of red as her beloved friend did this.

" N-n-nothing is wrong, dear!" Rarity said, " In fact, I have never been better! Oh, look at the time! I must finish this project I'm working on before the deadline!"

" R-rarity.. Are you sure there's nothing wrong? We'd love to help you if there is something.." Fluttershy said, poking her head out of the crowd.

" Yes yes yes, nothing's wrong at all! Don't worry about me, you silly ponies, oh you and your jokes!" Rarity said, almost seeing the smoke leave her head. " I really must start working now, so if you mares don't mind.." Rarity started pushing the ponies out the door, some how using her newly acquired strength. The strength of embarrassment. After the 5 mares left her store she quickly locked it.. Twice. Rarity fell to the floor, exhausted. " That was way too close for comfort!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was night time in Ponyville; Luna had given a beautiful full moon on this night. In the Carousel Boutique, Rarity was preparing her beauty sleep.

" Blankets, perfect. Lighting, perfect." Rarity said, checking if all the components that maximized the best sleeping conditions were perfect. Rarity, holding up the new plush of Applejack, slowly made her way into her blankets.

She started to feel the doll, how soft and fuzzy it felt. She starting imagining it as being the real Applejack; it felt so good. She slowly brushed its mane away from its eyes. She imagined it told her how beautiful she looked tonight, and how she wouldn't give staring into her eyes for anything.

" I wouldn't give staring into your eyes for anything, either.. Applejack.." Rarity said, holding the doll close to her heart. " Do you hear my heart beat, Applejack?... It beats only for you.." Rarity felt her heart rate increase and her eyes started to water. This is a feeling that no words could describe. The best words would be.. Happiness, sadness.. The feeling of wanting something so badly.. Rarity was hurt and so happy at the same time. She felt a sudden urge to fall asleep, asleep next to the pony she fell in love with. She slowly laid the doll next to her face, falling asleep. Right before she felt herself enter her slumber, she whispered to the doll,

" Goodnight, Applejack..."

Author's Note:

Whew! Progression! I hope you enjoyed this chapter.. Sorry another slow one.. ~_~.. It was longer like most people wanted, and it explains most of the stuff you guys were questioning, so I hope you enjoy! Sorry for lack of Rarijack, it comes later = 3=.. Next chapter coming out soon~