• Published 6th Jun 2013
  • 2,782 Views, 271 Comments

Believe - Rapplejack



Two mares can't be together. It's just not right... Right..? (A Rarijack Story)

  • ...
17
 271
 2,782

Ch6: A day with Rarity

Goodnight Rarity.. I love you...






Rarity gave a displeased frown to Big Mac when he told her about the absence of his sister. She couldn't imagine where Applejack would run off to, especially after what had happened the previous night. She decided to head home to put the Mont Blanc in her refrigerator.

" Thank you for telling me that she wasn't around, Big Mcintosh." Rarity said, giving Big Mac a quick smile and heading off in the other direction.

" Eeyup." Big Mac said, turning around and started back on his chores. Ah wonder where Applejack could've gone to. If she's not with 'er friends then Ah haven't got the slightest clue as to where she could be. I hope she's okay. Big Mac thought, adjusting the plow on his back. Rarity started to walk back to her shop, thinking something similar to what Big Mac was thinking.

Oh well, I guess she's her own independent pony.. No point in me worrying what she's doing.. Rarity thought, trying to push all doubts of Applejack with another colt, or mare out of her mind. She headed back towards Carousel Boutique, thinking of where to search for her beloved mare next. She approached the store with a frown, setting the cake down next to the entrance. The door was slightly open; she tried to remember if she left it like that or somepony broke in. She quickly recalled herself leaving without locking the door because she was a little too excited to buy Applejack a surprise. Mentally yelling at herself for her silly actions, she took the cake and entered her store; with caution.

" Hello? Is anypony in here?" Rarity called out, knowing there was no pony in Ponyville that would possibly steal anything, much less break into her home. It's probably just Sweetie Belle forgetting to close the door behind her.. Rarity thought, putting herself at ease. She grabbed the cake with her mouth and entered the fashion store. She locked the door and glanced over at something peculiar, a white box.

She set her own cake box down in curiosity, examining the foreign one further. " Now I wonder who could have possibly left this here?" Rarity asked herself, opening the box. Inside the box was a beautiful heart shaped cake with red frosting; there was a small poem written with icing in the center.

" You in my life

Will live eternally

I knew the first night we met

You were meant for me. "

Rarity's heart skipped a beat as she reread this short poem, knowing that only the love of her life could've left this present for her. Tears of joy quickly flooded Rarity's eyes as she started to search for her beloved, whom she pieced together was the culprit of the little breaking and entering event. She searched the kitchen, her bedroom, and the attic. Having had no luck, she proceeded to her idea room. She saw that the door was fully open, and she tried to recall if she had left it that way. My dearest Applejack must be in here! Rarity thought after remembering that she clearly closed the door behind her. She started to skip into the room;

" Oh Applejack~" Rarity said in a playful tone, " I got your little cake~ Come out come out where ever you are!" She glanced around the room and saw no pony in the premises; frowning, she walked towards the center of the room where a certain doll was laying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh boy Applejack thought, trying her best not to panic. The situation she was in would seem to the average pony as impossible and magical, but she has seen Discord do some nasty pranks and seen ponies get turned into trees and various animals. She started to think about what had happened to her. Okay Applejack, let's see. I got placed into Rar's doll of me. Alright, let's see what else we know. I can still see clearly, but I can't seem to move any of my body parts, nor blink. I'm not too sure if I can hear things, but I'll assume I can. Applejack analyzed the situation she was in thoroughly, trying to get a hang of the entire situation. One thing she couldn't place her hoof on was why she got sucked into the doll in the first place. As she was thinking of this, she saw a certain fashion pony skipping in the room, a smile going from ear to ear.

" Oh Applejack~" She heard Rarity sing, putting her suspicions of her not being able to hear to a rest. " I got your little cake~ Come out come out where ever you are!" Applejack saw Rarity disappear to the left of her, pacing around the room.

I wonder why she's so happy about a simple cake that I picked up.. Applejack thought, seeing Rarity circle to the right of her vision. She saw Rarity stop right in front of her , leaning down at the doll. Without notice, Rarity picked up the doll with her two front hooves and held it up to her face. If the doll could blush, it would be right now. Intensely.

R-rarity is a bit.. Too close.. Applejack thought, unable to look away in embarrassment. Rarity stared straight into the doll's eyes, unaware that her beloved was trapped inside the lifeless plush doll.

" Thank you, Applejack.. The cake, the poem, everything was simply amazing.." Rarity said, sitting on the floor, still staring at the doll.

What poem? What kind of cake did Pinkie give her anyways?

" I just wish you wouldn't have left without telling me.. I have a cake also! I went by the barn and Big Mac told me how you weren't there.. So I came home and found your cake.." Rarity said, tossing the doll on her back as she stood up. " Well, I'll see you soon my dear! I have to do some shopping now, want to come along?"

Rarity made her way towards her bedroom as she continue speaking. " I know I told you that there wouldn't be room for two of you.. But I guess when I'm not with the real Applejack, I get lonely.. So you'll be my substitute only when I'm not with the real Applejack.. Okay?" She said this almost as if she was expecting the doll to respond to her.

Applejack just stared at Rarity, what else could she do? She was worried that she might cause a problem to her family and the rest of Ponyville if she stayed in her lifeless form for too long. She couldn't speak out, no matter how hard she tried. She heard Rarity ramble on about how many surprises she had for her, from date locations to anniversary gifts. Sorry about spoiling your surprises.. Applejack mentally apologized, feeling warmth and love coming from Rarity's every word. Applejack felt a stinging guilt in her non-existent stomach. She realized the feelings she had towards Rarity had not returned, not even when she was this close to her. She couldn't bear to see Rarity so happy after she, the Element of Honesty, deceived one of her best friends.

" Well, in you go!" Rarity said, interrupting Applejack's thoughts. She tossed the doll into her diamond laced purse and made sure to leave a small opening so the doll could "breathe." She put on a rustic hat and headed out the door to do her shopping.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack could barely see what was going on outside, mostly because of her awkward angle she was laying in. She could listen to the commotion going on outside. She felt nostalgic; although only being in the doll for a short amount of time, she missed being able to move, being able to talk, being able to see things around her. She stared out the small opening and saw Rarity enter a cloth store, then exit after making a purchase. After following this routine a few more times to various fashion stores, Rarity took a peek inside her purse. Applejack stared at the massive Rarity as she smiled at the doll.

" It's time for lunch, my dear." Rarity said, trying her best to isolate herself so other ponies couldn't see what she was doing. " Where would you like to go eat?" Applejack stared back at her, blankly.

You really are a crazy pony! How in Equestria is a doll suppos' ta answer you! Applejack thought, rolling her eyes in her mind.

" Hayburgers it is!" Rarity exclaimed, closing the purse slightly and made her way towards the nearest hayburger stand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After watching Rarity finish a Hayburger with silverware and master precision, Applejack was set free from the purse. She saw that they were no longer by the Hayburger stand, but by a hill behind Carousel Boutique. She did remember a slight delay between when she bought the hayburger and when she actually started to eat, but she couldn't say so for sure. She was face down the whole trip and saw nothing but darkness.

Rar' has a pretty borin' life.. If this is what she mostly does aside from workin' on dresses.. Applejack thought, staring at trees and green plains in front of her; Rarity was no where in sight. Well I guess my life ain't much better.. I just hang around the farm all day! In the distance, Applejack saw Rarity return with a mannequin and a half finished dress covering it.

" This is the dress that I've been working on for our next date!" Rarity said to the doll proudly. " I thought I should get some fresh air and work on it out here, what do you think?" Rarity asked, staring at the doll. Applejack mentally rolled her eyes again, trying not to think too much of it. Rarity set the mannequin by the doll and proceeded to work on it. Applejack looked up at Rarity's face, how focused and determined it was. She always wanted to have a strong and determined partner to spend the rest of her life with, and Rarity seemed to almost fit into that description perfectly. Applejack laid there, observing Rarity's every action closely. She noticed how carefully and precise Rarity stitched and positioned the fabrics, how the sun shined in her face. Soon, Applejack started to zone out and stare into the never-ending sky.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time seemed to fly by the two ponies. Four hours had past and the sun had already set. Applejack looked at Rarity, who was by now exhausted from the work. She glanced over at the now finished dress, looking at it with awe. Rar' really is talented at makin' dresses.. I mean I always knew this but.. Applejack couldn't help but feel happy; happy at the fact that the dress was made for her.. Just for her. Rarity took the doll in her hooves and fell to the ground softly.

" Applejack.. I love you.. I can't wait until the next time we meet.. You'll be so surprised at how beautiful I shall look.." Rarity sighed, dreamily. She took the doll and stared into the emerald buttoned eyes, holding it tightly. Applejack was flustered and didn't have many words to say. In fact, she had no words to say, mostly because she couldn't talk.

Rar'.. Why do you love me..? Why did you choose to love me out of all the mares and colts that would've killed to be with you? Applejack thought, feeling her heart ache thinking about this. As if Rarity had heard Applejack's question, she replied,

" Applejack... Do you even know why I love you..? I guess I never told you before, have I?" Rarity said, giving a weak chuckle, never breaking the stare between them. " I don't really know why, myself.. All I know is that, to me, you're the most beautiful pony in all of Equestria." Rarity said. She shifted into a more comfortable position so she could lay there with the Applejack plush. " It's not just that.. You're so hard-working.. So loyal and honest.. There's no pony like you, no pony that could replace you in my heart.."

Applejack felt every word hit her deep in her heart. Never before has she felt so... Wanted. She felt her heart beat increase and started to feel the same emotions she felt the previous night. All she could do was stare at Rarity under the moonlight. She stared at her beautiful face as it reflected the moon's luminosity; oh how beautiful of a it was to Applejack. Applejack started to feel her heart beat faster as she saw Rarity's face approach her own, giving the doll a long, passionate kiss. Rarity's soft lips pressed against the soft fabric that was Applejack's lips. She felt the kiss was becoming too dry, so she allowed herself to make the kiss a little more.. messy.

M-m-m-my f-first kiss... Applejack thought, her heart practically stopping. She could do nothing but stare at the beautiful mare under the moon.

" .. I.. I bet if Applejack saw me now.. She probably would think of me as being such a pathetic pony.." Rarity said to the doll, breaking away from the kiss and letting a few tears drop from her eyes. " She's my new marefriend.. Yet I'm still playing around and talking to a doll.." Applejack wanted to scream at Rarity, she wanted to let her know that she was right here for her, and how she would never think of her as being pathetic. No voice came out, nothing. " I guess... I just wish she was by my side right now.. For me to tell her all these things.." Rarity said, wearily. She let out a yawn but didn't move from her place next to the doll. " You understand.. Right Applejack..?"

Rar'... I.. Applejack stopped mid thought, feeling the emotions she felt the previous night; except they were amplified ten fold. She also felt a mix of new emotions, emotions that she never felt before in her life. I think I'm.. Startin' to fall in love with you.. She saw Rarity yawn one last time, falling asleep on the hillside.

The warm summer night protected Rarity's delicate body from cold. Applejack saw Rarity's coat shine in the moonlight, how beautiful she looked.. She wanted to hold the sleeping mare tightly, never letting go until the morning. Applejack didn't feel tired, nor could she close her eyes. She just laid there, staring at the sleeping form of her beloved special somepony. She heard Rarity give a quiet snore which made her laugh in her head.

I guess even ponies like Rarity snores.. Applejack thought, smiling in her mind. She could've lived in this moment forever, staring at the sleeping pony. Applejack never let her gaze veer from the beautiful pony in front of her. She thought about how Rarity only cared for her and loved only her, giving her a strong mental blush. She knew the night would be long, and before she continued to watch over the slumbering pony for the rest of the night, she gave a final thought,



Goodnight Rarity.. I love you...

Author's Note:

Well whewwww. Sorry for the delay again, I read some of the BEST fan fics ever. Spent the entire days reading them xP.. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter, heavy Rarijack near the end! I'm thinking about ending the story.. not soon.. but not dragging it on more than it has to. I have an amazing idea for my next fan fic if i ever decide to write another one, so yeah! :) I hope you enjoyed this entry to the story! And I hope you continue to enjoy this story!

~Rapplejack