• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 2,842 Views, 55 Comments

The New Neighbor - Mr Anomalous



Aaron Rogers comes back from an extended vacation in Russia, only to find a new neighbor moved in. Who is it?

  • ...
7
 55
 2,842

Lots & Lots of Questions

As expected, the inside of Twilight's home was a mirror image of mine, save for placement of decorations and furniture and such. She had a good taste, lots of bright colors. Though not too many and not too bright. And lots of books. No yellows or anything like that, but cyans, pinks and purples were everywhere. I saw some rainbow blankets draped over furniture, most of which was a light lavender. And about the books like, seriously, everything that could have a hole drilled into it had had that happen to it and it was turned into some sort of bookshelf. Okay, maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but yeah, a lot of books. There was at least three medium-to-large bookshelves in every room, as well as a few on any and all tables or desks. And everything smelled like either new nooks or old pages, coffee, or flowers. It could be any type of flower, just depends on where you were.

In this case, we were in the living room, which smelled like roses, by the way. After we both sat down, or lay down if you're a unicorn, on a pair of big old, fluffy chairs, Twilight levitated the plate of cookies onto the coffee table and plucked one up with her magic.

"So, Aaron," Twilight began.

"Yeppers?" I answered.

"Wait, hold on." To this day, I am not sure how she did it, magic or no, but suddenly she had a paper and a quill. "Do you mind if I take notes?"

I held out my hand, palm facing her and said in a mock gesture of surrender, "Not at all."

Twilight smiled and began to ask.

"Okay, so I know basic things, such as where I am, this country's government and how it functions, among many other things, but I am still curious towards other things as well."

"Like?"

"Like acne."

I blinked. "What?"

"Yes. Do humans get acne?"

I shuddered as some bad High School memories began to fade into my mind. Quickly, I shook my head rapidly.

"No?" Twilight said, confused.

"Huh? Oh, no, sorry, uh, yeah, yeah we do." I answered.

"Alright. I thought so, what with how oily you all are."

"Right..." I said, a bit annoyed and yet amused at her social awkwardness.

"Also, your form. Did you evolve from anything? Maybe Minotaurs...?"

Ignoring the whole Minotaur thing, I answered "Well, most scientists believe that we evolved from apes."

"Ah! So that would explain the semblance!"

"Yeah, but there are other theories. Do you have...religion in Equestria? That's where you come from, correct?" I asked.

Twilight blinked, "Yes, that's where I'm from," she answered, "But... religion? What's that?"

I sighed. "Do you have time?"

The unicorn's face crumpled in determination and she nodded, a smug grin growing on her muzzle.

"Well, since the beginning of time..."

"Wow....that's...really interesting..." Twilight said, her notebook almost filled.

"I know right?"

Twilight most certainly did think that this theory was interesting, but she disproved of much of the human's behavior about it. The Crusades, for an example.

"What do you believe?"

"Not sure. My Grandmother drug me to church every now and then, hated it, but I never went into great detail," I said, my face frowning in unpleasant memories of long, boring hours in that building.

"Well, based on what you told me on how... vicious either side can get, I am just going to end that topic right now."

I nodded and answered, "Yeah, that's a good idea. Anything else?"

"I actually had several hundred more questions," She said, "But you actually helped answer a lot of those with the ones that you already gave, and seeing that it's getting a bit late, I should probably let you go."

I stretched and yawned in the chair.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Wow, were those that good."

The cookies; they were gone. Not even a crumb. Twilight laughed nervously and blushed slightly. "Uh...yeah, they were really good."

I smiled and said, "Glad I could help."

"Hey. It was really nice to meet you." I got up and, once more, stretched and yawned. "I look forward to seeing you again."

The unicorn, obviously not used to such compliments from anyone but her friends, blushed once more and answered, "Yeah, you too. Just come back whenever you want and we can finished those questions."

I gave a mock salute and went to leave. As I did so, I heard Twilight laugh a bit. I turned around and asked, "What's so funny?"

"Oh you just remind me of someone..."

"Who?"

"Who?"

My ear twitched. What?

"Who?"

"What the...?"

Twilight giggled from her spot on the couch and said, "Oh, there he is. He's my pet owl."

I looked around for a bit and spotted him roosting on the back of a couch.

"Ah. Anyway, where were we? Whom I remind you of?"

"His name is Spike."

"Spike?"

"Yeah, Spike, he used to salute like that all of the time," Twilight said, a nostalgic look glazing her eyes.

"So what, was Spike, like, your boyfriend or something?" I asked, a smirk tugging on the corner of my lips.

She blushed some more and answered of "Oh, no, no, no. Spike's my assistant."

"As in present-tense?"

"Yeah..."

I was confused. "Where is he?"

Twilight sighed.

"Well when I decided to come here, I just automatically assumed that he would want to come with me; he did, but he got mad at me..."

I frowned, "Really? What for? You said that he wanted.."

"Well, yeah, but what he was angry about was the fact about moving to a whole new world, and I haven't even bothered to ask him," Twilight said, a meloncholy tone invading her voice, " He was so angry that he told me off and decided to catch up with me later."

"Wow, " I said, feeling bad," I can't see how he would get so...angry about that, But You Can Never Understand..."

"That's for sure." Twilight was beginning to avoid contact, and I felt the dreaded awkward silence begin to set in, so I spoke up, saying, "Alright. Can I go now?"

The pony giggled quietly, a hint of sadness still in her voice, from her spot on the sofa and said, "Yeah, sorry."

"Don't worry 'bout it. See ya later?"

She nodded. "Yeah, later. Good night!"

"'Night." And I was gone. That was...interesting. I liked her. She was cute, and really curious. She really needs to work on her social skills though...

I chuckled at my own hypocrisy and entered my own home. It was dark, and I decided to get to bed. Maybe I could talk to her again tomorrow.

Back in her own home, Twilight Sparkle, was thinking similar things. She too thought that Aaron interesting, she too was about to get to bed, and she too hoped to meet Aaron again tomorrow. But one thing was different: after all that, in bed, she began to think about Spike.

The dragon had not only been a faithful assistant, but a good friend and younger brother as well. She missed him, though she was also quite angry with him for being so angry at her in the first place, for a reason that, she deemed, quite immature.

Twilight sighed and rolled over under her covers, using her teeth to pull her sheets tighter over her shoulder. She missed Spike...

Author's Note:

ANOTHER CHAPTER!

Comments ( 26 )

253405
I'm trying okay!?!

Wow, so you're actually continuing with this story. Good on you!

2534071
What do you mean by that?
:trixieshiftright:

Twilight, for once, you are in the wrong. Go apologize to that dragon this instant. He loves you so much, you can't imagine.

Good chapter, although a little bit short. Keep it coming!

Woohooo! Been waiting for this, really nice story developing :D

You have a few missing words here and there. I'm still looking forward to MORE

"What do you believe?"
"Not sure. My Grandmother drug to to church every now and then, hated it, but I never went into great detail," I said, my face frowning in unpleasant memories of long, boring hours in that building.

Shouldn't that be. "me to"? :twilightblush:

2534079 You wouldn't believe how many stories that I've favorited are never continued by their authors (either by cancellation, hiatus, or just laziness (the insufferable incomplete status)), and I'm happy to see that you're NOT one of those authors.

This sounds like a beginning of a beautiful friendship, provided that if he keeps coming back here every now and then.
2534304
...

2534304
I only do that when the stories aren't that popular. This one is one of my most favorited and viewed. I won't just stop.

Looks interesting so far.

Hmm, I would have told her if she needs to talk about anything or feels loney , she's more then welcome to come visit.... Or grab me with her magic and drag me to her house. Whichever she prefers:pinkiehappy:

"Do you have time?"

To listen to me whine:pinkiehappy: Green Day, anyone?

this story has been far more than I ever expected I can't wait tfor the new update and also please include more ponies!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::heart::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::eeyup:

I just know something awesome will be dragged into this story...I CAN HEAR IT:pinkiecrazy:

This... is... awesome! :pinkiehappy:

Is the story on hiatus?? Because it haven't been updated in months! :o

2966005
No, I'm just currently facing one of the biggest writer's blocks I have ever stumbled upon, but don't worry, I'll get through it eventually.

Sorry, Aaron Rodgers? As in the baseball player for the Milwaukee Brewers?

4305108
*throws hands into air*

I don't know; I pay zero attention to sports.

SSSSSSSS...


WHY MUST THIS BE ON HIATUS!

WHYYY!?

4305108

Aaron Rodgers is the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers. Your thinking of Ryan Braun. I'm from Milwaukee so ...yeah.

5367745 Sorry, i can't sports. I haz the dumbs from the video games.

Login or register to comment