• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 2,412 Views, 24 Comments

Shadow Darkwing - Bro-Pony



Basically a HIM, you're probably thinking "Not another one of these" but none of these are ever the same, so if you want, check it out. Rated T got violence, Language, and sexual references.

  • ...
45
 24
 2,412

Love and Mystery

A/N: Sorry I haven’t posted in about a month, I hope this chapter will make up for it.
Raze’s POV:
I woke up late the next morning, mostly because I was so exhausted from the party last night; partially because I had some time off, courtesy to Mist. I woke on the cloud I crashed on last night, it was extremely soft, next to me was a awaken Rainbow Dash.
“Morning.” She said.
“Morning.” I replied as I slowly got up and stretched my arms over my head.
“I slept like a filly last night.” I said
“You and me both, then again, my bed at home is a cloud so I always sleep well.” She replied.
“That’s awesome, I don’t normally get much sleep so this was a great way to recharge the old batteries.” I said as I finally stood up.
“Good thing Mist is giving you and Sole some time off huh?” she said
“Ya, good thing.” I said with a bit of a chuckle.
“So what are you doing today?” she asked as she also got up.
“I don’t know, I feel like being really lazy.” I said.
“Well, it just so happens, I’m the queen of naps.” Rainbow Dash said with a grin.
“Well, I guess I could be the king then.” I said returning a playful grin.
“Well, I think that we could go hang out by the water whole and catch some rays; it’s a beautiful day to do nothing outside.” She said.
“I completely agree.” I said.
“Well, I have to do a couple of things but then we can hang out.” Dash said.
“Sounds good to me.” I said.
She then gave me a good bye hug and flew off to do whatever it is she had to do.
“Well, that was a great night.” I said to myself as I flew down towards Sweet apple Acers. I saw a pink figure passed out on top of a table; I soon found out it was Pinkie once I got closer to her.
“I guess she partied hard.” I said to myself as I left her alone to face her unavoidable hang over.
I saw Apple Jack picking up some garbage and decided to help her, after all, it was the least I could do.
“Howdy there Raze.” She said with an unenthusiastic greeting.
“Hey.” I said with a more cheerful attitude.
“Are ya here to help clean up?” she asked tiredly.
“Yes ma’am.” I said
“Oh thank ya.” She said.
“No problem, are you ok though?” I asked
“Just a bit of a hangover, I drank a little last night.” She replied.
“Oh, I guess I missed it.” I said as I picked up some nearby plastic cups.
“Ya, it seems you and Sole missed most the party.” She said.
“I guess so.” I said.
“I’m sure you had all the party you needed with Rainbow Dash though.” Apple Jack said with a grin.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked nervously.
“You don’t have to play innocent Raze, I know how Shadow was and you are essentially his bad side… not to mention Rainbow Dash is a bit of a flirt.” Apple Jack said.
“Look Aj, I don’t know what you’re trying to get at but me and Dash just hung out then fell asleep.” I said trying to steer her away from any possible ideas.
“So you slept with her?” Aj asked raising an eyebrow.
“Well yes but… Not… we… That’s not what I meant!” I said fumbling over my words.
“I know sugar cube, I was just messing with you…. You wouldn’t have a chance with Rainbow Dash.” Apple Jack said as she let out a fit of laughter.
“I’m done.” I said as I walked away frustrated that I was just played.
“See ya around Sugar cube.” Apple Jack said.
“Not if I’m lucky!” I yelled back. Apple Jack just let out another fit of laughter.
Sole’s POV:
“In ever life, there are two sides to a story, two perspectives that make one whole… if Shadow is the story; I’m nothing but one perspective, one side, one part to a whole…” I thought as I meditated. I didn’t sleep last night, I usually didn’t, but instead I meditated. Last night was different however, in my meditation I feel I have found out something closer to what Raze and I truly are. In my meditation I feel I have discovered that Raze, the element of corruption, is closer to the very existence of life, that’s why he has more bonds on this world then I do, it’s why he is so capable of living life than I am, it’s why he is better adapted than I am.
“I can’t live like this.” I thought angrily to myself.
“Why do I have to be the one who has an insufficient way of living? Why do I have to be the one who haves to be alone? Why do I have to be the observant one; the one who examines everything to the point of its very fabric of existence?” I questioned the universe as I sat there in my meditation stance.
“I feel that I need guidance from the only one who truly knows me, the only one who is me; I need Shadow.” I decided.
“I’ve deciphered the clues to determine Shadow’s trying to contact me, but what is he trying to tell me?” I asked myself.
“When I needed to play for the banquet, he sent me his guitar.” I said looking at the instrument.
“Next he seemed to send me to that place where I spoke with Luna.” I thought.
“Maybe I should go to that place with his guitar and see what happens next.” I decided.
I then picked up the blue guitar and took off into the sky. It was a warm day with a slight breeze, there was only a few clouds out as I flew through them. I saw Raze walking through Ponyville but decided not to disturb him. I flew faster as my nerves got the best of me.
“If I can bring Shadow back, I won’t be needed any further, I will be able to feel like my own colt.” I thought as I flew faster by the second.
I was flying so fast, and so deep in thought, that I didn’t notice the yellow figure I was about to hit.
I heard a high pitch squeal and I instantly stopped. For most Pegasus that would be impossible, but then again, I wasn’t like most Ponies. Right in front of me was a fluttering, scared, and nervous, Flutter Shy.
“EEP” She squealed again as she put her hoofs over her face to help brace for impact.
“It’s ok.” I said as she shook waiting for her sure doom.
She slowly lowered her hoof and turned her head my way.
“What are you thinking? You could have killed me!” She said in a surprisingly vicious tone.
“Sorry, I was going so fast and I was in a deep thought, my sincere apologies Flutter Shy.” I said as sincere as I could.
“You’re not the only pony who uses this fly way you know!” She said still angry.
“I know, I should have paid more attention.” I said.
“Well, now I’m going to be late!” She scowled.
“For what?” I asked curiously.
“It doesn’t matter now.” She said angrily.
“Well I can get you there on time; just tell me where you’re heading.” I said trying to help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3cUN70Qm34
“I’m heading to the clearing near the Ever Green Forest.” She replied a little less angry.
“Look, I can get you there if you want?” I asked.
“How do you plan on doing that?” She asked.
“I’ll fly you there.” I replied.
“You’re going to fly a full grown Pegasus several miles while attempting to reach acceptable speeds?” She asked in a doubtful tone.
“Yes, yes I am.” I said in a matter of fact tone.
“I guess I don’t have a choice.” She said.
“I guess not.” I said and hovered over to get her in my hoofs.
“Ready?” I asked.
“Please don’t drop me.” She said squeamishly.
“Of course not.” I said as I took off gaining speed.
“You’re not that heavy you know.” I said to the nervous Pegasus.
She didn’t reply but she was shaking in my arms the whole time.
“Hey, relax I got you.” I said.
She didn’t say anything but did stop shaking a little.
I don’t know what it was, but something about this Pegasus made me feel different, like I did belong in this world, like I was more than just a part of a machine. She helped me reach the side of me that really wanted to belong here; the side that wants to have some fun.
“If we’re going to make it there, we will need to go faster, can you handle that?” She asked finally speaking.
“Don’t worry about me, the real question is can you handle it?” I asked.
There was a moment of silence until she finally spoke.
“I trust you.” She said. With that I increased my speeds.
“Hang on” I said as I flew faster and faster. She then squeezed her hoofs around my shoulders as the pressure began to intensify.
“Ready to experience something amazing?” I asked with a small grin forming on my face.
“What is it?” She asked.
“Hang on and you’ll see.” I said. She gripped me firmly and I sprang off even faster, there was a tension in the air around me as I slowly started breaking through the sound barrier. A loud boom was heard and we shot off at amazing speeds.
“What just happened?” Flutter Shy asked nervously.
“That was a sonic boom.” I said with a full grin on my face.
“You mean-”
“Yes, we just did a sonic Rainboom, well my own version of it but you get the point.” I said finishing her sentence.
“Wow!” that was amazing; I thought I would never get a chance to do that.” She said in an excited tone. At this point she was no longer shaking but instead, it seemed that she was actually enjoying herself.
“So, do you forgive me?” I asked.
“For what?” Flutter Shy asked with a playful grin.
“Exactly.” I said.
We soon landed to her clearing, turns out; I was flying so fast that we arrived several minutes early.
“How was that?” I asked
“Well, I must say, I’m thoroughly surprised.” Flutter Shy said with a smile.
“What? I’m stronger then I look.” I said playfully.
“Not that, I’m surprised about who you really are.” She said.
“How do you mean?” I asked.
“You’re a wild card.” She said.
“That’s funny normally ponies think Raze is.” I said with a chuckle.
“No, he’s predictable but you, you’re more like him then you may think.” Flutter Shy said.
“I’ve been told, I guess I’m more like his serious side.” I said.
“Something like that.” She said as animals began to show up
“Well, listen, I have to do a concert for these critters but I had a fun time flying with you, we should hang out some time.” Flutter Shy said.
“I’d really like that.” I said as she said bye and walked towards her fans. I turned around and took back off into the warm sky, I forgot what I was going to do earlier but I didn’t care. Flutter Shy just asked me to hang out and that was all I needed.
Raze’s Pov:
“It’s been several hours, I wonder where Rainbow Dash is?” I asked myself, “Eh, at least I’ve been hanging by the water hole the whole day.” I said to myself. I looked up with my shades on to try and catch some rays when I saw a fast bolt fly by in the sky.
“What could that be?” I asked myself.
I flew up to try and catch up to it. Whatever it was, it was going fast. it was so fast that even I had trouble keeping up with it, and that’s not gloating, I’m literally one of the fastest flyer. I’m even faster than Sole, so this was unusual. I saw the bolt sharply fly downward towards the library where Twilight lived.
“What the? Whatever this thing is, it’s going in hot and I can’t let it hit the library if Twilights in there, she already doesn’t like me, it would be worse if I let her get hurt.” I thought as I tried to process the situation. Before I could do anything the figure just stopped, just like that, and floated to the ground then rushed into the library.
“What was that all about?” I asked. I wanted to know but it was probably better if I was sly about it.
“Well, I went invisible before, I can do it again.” I thought as I tried to go invisible. I tried for a few seconds and realized that nothing was happening.
“What’s up with my magic? Why aren’t I all ghostly?” I asked myself. “Looks like I’m going to have to take a more obvious approach and walk in there to see what happened.” I decided.
I flew down to the ground and casually walked into the library like I belonged there, better to look unsuspicious. I looked around and saw no pony was in sight so I carefully walked up the stairs until I reached the top. I saw a closed room, I’m guessing its Twilights, and heard voiced coming from it.
“I need to talk.” Said the male voice, it sounded like Sole… but it couldn’t be, Sole isn’t that fast unless… unless I was slowed down. It makes sense though; I couldn’t use my magic either. What’s wrong with me?” I wondered.
“What do you need? Is everything all right?” Twilight asked in a concerned voice.
“Yes, better than ever in fact.” Sole said.
“Well than what do you need to talk about?” Twilight asked.
“I don’t really need to talk; I just need to tell sompony something and I think you’re the best one to tell because I know you won’t say a word to anypony.” Sole said.
“Why don’t you tell Raze?” Twilight asked.
“He wouldn’t understand, it seems like he is more of a fling colt, but I think I’m in love.” Sole said.
“Wouldn’t understand? What an asshole!” I thought to myself.
“Really? That’s great! With who though?” Twilight asked him.
“Well, I think I’m in love with Flutter Shy.” Sole said.
“Flutter Shy?! He’s in love with Flutter Shy? When did this happen? How could I have missed that?” I asked myself trying to figure that out.
“Really? Does she know?” Twilight asked.
“Are you kidding? There’s no way I’m going to tell her! What if she doesn’t feel the same? Then things would be really awkward.” Sole said.
“How could he choose Flutter Shy over all of the other fillies?” I asked myself in disbelief.
“Look Sole, you’re the good one, I couldn’t think of anyone better for Flutter Shy than you. You should tell her, you don’t want to miss your chance… believe me you’ll never live it down.” Twilight said admirably, but at the same time, a hint of sadness was heard.
“Oh… y-you loved Shadow?” He asked awkwardly.
“No duh she did, why else would she say that?” I thought to myself. “And what does she mean by he’s the good one? I’m just as good as he is.” I thought to myself.
“Yes, I guess I was too sacred to tell him… if I would have known I would have told him.” Twilight said.
There was a moment of silence until I heard Sole say,
“I’m really sorry about that… between you and me, I’m not sure if he’s gone forever.” Sole said.
“What is he talking about?” I asked myself.
“I feel the same way, look, if you want some confidence, you could try this spell.” Twilight said.
“What does it do?” I asked.
“Well, it’s an enchantment that was cast on Shadow but he learned to control it; seeing how you’re his god side, I figure it won’t make you crazy evil. When Shadow used it, he was so… irresistible.” Twilight said.
“Well, I guess I could give it a shot. What is the enchantment?” Sole asked.
“It’s written in this book, just be careful with it. We don’t want it falling in the wrong colts hand.” Twilight said.
“Ok, thanks Twi.” Sole said.
“Its funny, I thought I never wanted anyone to call me that again, but with you it seems well fitted.” Twilight said.
“Well, anytime.” Sole said.
“Thanks.” Twilight said.
They stopped talking for a few seconds and I heard a sound of their body’s moving, they must have hugged because I than heard Sole say,
“See you around Twi, I hope this works with Flutter Shy.”
“Ok, and good luck Shadow.” Twilight said, accidentally calling Sole Shadow.
“That’s weird.” I thought to myself as I felt the awkwardness float out of the room.
“I’m sorry Sole, you just remind me of him so much.” Twilight said in an embarrassed tone.
“Hey, it’s ok, it’s an honor really.” Sole said.
“I’ll see you around.” Twilight said.
I heard the door open so I quickly galloped down the steps and headed out the door.
“Well, that was weird; a lot of questions are brewing in my mind.” I thought as I continued to gallop to take off in the sky to meet up with Rainbow Dash.
“In love? What a funny thing really LOVE” I said as I jumped up and flapped my wings. My wings fluttered a little, than gave out as I fell back down to the ground.
“What the hell? I only got about five hooves off the ground, why aren’t my wings working?” I asked myself. I than remembered that my magic wasn’t working and on the way here my flying wasn’t so great either. “What’s going on with me? No magic and no flying? How am I supposed to meet Rainbow Dash now? She’s awfully far from here to trot.” I thought. “Well looks like I have no choice.” I thought and began my walk.
“I wonder if that enchantment will help with my magic. I mean, it would be hard to cast it on myself without magic but I might be able to squeeze enough out of myself if I try hard enough.” I said as I walked to the watering hole.
As I thought about enchanting myself, I started to think about something else Sole said. He mentioned Shadow still being alive or something, “but how could that even be possible? Mist told us he was dead, why would Mist lie about something like that?” I asked myself as I continued to walk. “On top of that, why did he all of a sudden give us a time off? We gave him Discord but shouldn’t he be preparing us for war? I mean after all, he practically told us Darkblood was making an army.” I thought. I stopped and considered everything I just thought about. “Something isn’t quite adding up.” I thought as I continued to ponder the conspiracy theory being created in my head. “What if Mist is hiding something from us? I mean, Discord already told us trouble was coming before he took him away; so why no hand Discord over to the elements of harmony if he got what he needed? Unless he had more questions he didn’t want us to know about.” I thought.
“Looks like I’m going to have to cancel plans with Rainbow Dash, I really want to hang with her but I have to get my powers back and try and find some answers. My best bet is going to be finding Sole, if that enchantment can give Sole game, it can give me my magic back.” I said out loud to myself as I turned around and headed the other direction.
Sole’s Pov:
I was flying towards Flutter Shy’s cottage while reading the enchantment.
“This is a little more than making the caster irresistible.” I thought as I continued to read the enchantment. “It looks like it brings out another part of you from within, which part seems to vary depending on why you’re casting it.” I thought as I finished reading the enchantment.
“This is very strong magic, it probably isn’t safe for me to use just to win over a mare’s heart.” I decided at I stuffed the enchantment in my pack. As I did that, I became aware that I had Shadow’s guitar strapped on me from this morning. “Odd, I can’t remember why I brought you with me, but you’re going to be my aid in winning Flutter Shy’s heart.” I said to the blue guitar.
I flew for about ten minutes until I saw Flutter Shy’s cottage. “This is it, my chance to get the mare of my dreams.” I said to myself. The sun was starting to lower, if I had to guess, I’d say it was about six thirty pm, the sky was starting to turn orange but there was still light outside. It was warm and there seemed to be just the perfect breeze here and there to brush up against you.
I finally reached the cozy cottage to see Flutter Shy staring towards her door to go in. I landed and nervously started up behind her and said, “Hey Flutter Shy, still want to hang out?” I asked.
“Oh, ugh, it’s getting kind of late don’t you think?” She asked quietly.
“Well, when you never know how long you got, time seems irrelevant.” I said.
“Well I guess we could talk for a little bit.” She said as she motioned for me to come inside.
“Why not sit out here and enjoy this beautiful weather? The sun should be setting soon anyhow and I would really enjoy watching it with you.” I said hoping she would take the offer.
“That sounds delightful.” She said with her quite voice looking down. We walked into her back yard and sat on a stone bench facing a large clearing in the evergreen forest.
“This is nice.” I said as we sat there and looked at the sun slowly set.
“Yes it is, isn’t it? It’s so peaceful and calm.” Flutter Shy said.
We both sat there in quite for a little bit, to be honest it was very awkward for me because I felt like I was making her uncomfortable sitting next to her. “So, how was your day?” I asked hoping it would open up some conversation.
“Fine.” Flutter Shy replied. It didn’t leave much room for conversation so I decided to step out of my comfort zone and went for a move.
I slowly yawned and stretched my hooves over her shoulder. She flinched at first until she realized it was my arm around her, she than giggled and scooted close to me and leaned her head against me.
“So…” she said.
“When are you going to tell me you like me?” She asked.
I let out a sigh of relief once I knew that she knew. “Well, I was too nervous to say something but I’m glad you know.” I said. “So… do y-you h-have the s-same f-
“Yes, I like you too, and don’t get so nervous around me, that’s my job.” She said with a smile as we sat there and watched the sun go down. Something inside of me felt that I was being watched, but I didn’t care. I felt as powerful as two colts, well two colts that are normally as powerful as me. Now that I have a reason to exist, I’m not going any were.
Raze’s Pov:
“Looks like I’m going to have to wait till tomorrow to get that enchantment.” I said to myself as I started for a long walk back to Ponyville, fortunately Rarity’s house was semi close and I’m sure she will let me stay there tonight.

Elsewhere:
“So, Sole has a little Mare friend, this could be good. With this mare, he won’t focus on trying to bring Shadow back, and if things come down to it, I have a bargaining tool.” the Mist impersonator said. “I just have to keep an eye on Raze; fortunately he has no power so he isn't much of a threat. Soon I will make my move on Equstria, as soon as that fool Dark Blood makes his next move; I will use it to my advantage and start my conquest on Equstria!” The impostor said letting out a terrifying laugh.
A/N: Thought I’d make a love interest for you Flutter Shy fans, not to mention Raze suddenly lost his powers. What could the imposter be talking about? And what will Dark Blood do next?

Comments ( 2 )

I still think is better for the clones to go and Shadow returning, well at least Shadow could return to life. And the air can be clear. Depth down I think Shy is with Sole because he remind her of Shadow

Discontinued...?

Login or register to comment