• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 2,411 Views, 24 Comments

Shadow Darkwing - Bro-Pony



Basically a HIM, you're probably thinking "Not another one of these" but none of these are ever the same, so if you want, check it out. Rated T got violence, Language, and sexual references.

  • ...
45
 24
 2,411

fitting in

When I noticed a smell in my house, it wasn’t very good; it was like something was burning. Last time I smelt that aroma was when Shadow tried cooking.
“What is making that awful smell?” I asked as I walked down the stairs.
I got down stairs and noticed a certain black and green colt in my kitchen trying to cook.
“What do you think you’re doing?” I asked angrily as I walked in and saw Raze by the cooking range
“Oh, good you’re up, just in time for breakfast!” He said enthusiastically.
“What are you doing in my house?” I said getting angrier.
“Well, I thought I could make you feel better about Shadow by-”
“Don’t you say his name, you’re part of the reason he’s gone!” I yelled cutting him off.
“I was just-”
“You were just making a mess in my house!” I yelled.
“Just leave, I’ll clean up the mess!” I yelled.
“Well… if you insist.” He said softly.
“I do!” I said un–sympathetically.
“Ok…” he said then teleported out of the house.
“What was he thinking, trying to make me feel better when he was the reason Shadow’s gone?” I said as I began to clean up the mess.
“Maybe he feels bad about the whole thing; I mean it wasn’t his fault after all.” Spike said, coming out of nowhere.
“How could you say that?” I asked angrily
“He didn’t choose to be made, or be bad, Darkblood did.” Spike said.
“But still… I don’t trust him.” I said.
“Whatever, but that was great food you threw away.” Spike said.
“Please, he obviously got Shadows cooking skills, which was very limited.” I said with a small chuckle.
“I always liked it.” Spike said.
“Ya… so did I.” I said having a quick flash back of times with Shadow.
After I cleaned up the burnt bits and pieces, and managed to clean the burnt pan, Apple Jack ran into my home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilh3731EXCg
“We have a problem!” Apple Jack said.
“What is it?” I asked concerned.
“It’s Discord, he’s back.” Apple Jacks said in a panicked tone.
“Gather the elements of harmony!” I said as my horn illuminated purple and I levitated my crown towards me.
“We have one little problem.” Apple Jack said.
“He has our amulets…. I think he had some help but that’s not the important thing right now.” Apple Jack said.
“You’re right; we need to focus on getting those elements back.
We walked outside to see ponies panicking as random objects animated and chased everypony.
“This is much worse than last time.” I said as I looked around trying to take in all the chaos.
We heard a familiar siren, this was used for Wonder Bolt drills, but this was no drill, we saw several teams flying towards the animated objects as they attempted to restrain them, even Rainbow Dash had her team helping.
“We need to find Discord! I said as we met up with the other elements of harmony.
“I would make a bet that he’s up there.” Rarity said as she pointed to a floating castle.
“I think you’re right.” I said.
“We need to get up there and retrieve our elements.” Rainbow Dash said. she had her full team with her for back up.
“Yes, you do.” Mist said. he also seemed to come out of nowhere.
“But, let’s just see how my… apprentices do.” Mist said.
“What do you mean?” I asked confused.
“Why don’t you find out for yourself?” He said and pointed to a spot behind a tree.
As soon as he said that there was a large boom, there was a weird streak of black, green, white, and teal colors flying up to the castle.
“Was that Sole and Raze?” I asked. we never even saw them they were going so fast.
“Yes, I want to see how they work together using their elements.” Mist said.
“Should we help them?” Apple Jack asked.
“Well, you don’t have your elements, and they’re both well trained and know tactics for scenarios such as this, they will be fine.” He said in a confident tone.
“Are you sure?” I asked.
“Would you trust Shadow?” Mist asked me.
“Well ya but…”
“They’re not just clones of Shadow, they are part of him; together, they are Shadow, but they’re highly trained powerful versions of him.” Mist said trying to reason with me.
“You’re right.” I said.
We watched the two mixed color streaks reach the castle with such speed.
“Wow, they are extremely good flyers, we should get them to join my team.” Rainbow Dash said.
“Let’s just see if they make it back in one piece first.” I said.
(Sole’s Pov) stop music.
“Follow my lead.” I said to Raze as we prepared to storm the castle.
“I don’t need you to tell me what to do, I can handle myself.” Raze said, with a disrespecting tone.
“You’re going to get us killed with your childish behavior.” I said
“Let’s just take care of this Spirit of Chaos, I have things to do.” Raze said.
“Like what? Trying to ‘wow’ the Princesses student? We aren’t here to make friends, we are here to protect.” I snapped at his insolence behavior.
“Hey, sorry I want to enjoy life; he did sacrifice his for ours.” Raze said.
“Oh, so now you’re referring Shadow to he? I suppose you will build a shrine for him as well.” I said.
“Look, we don’t have time for this let’s just go take care of Discord.” Raze said.
“Agreed.” I said.
“Shall we kick the door down?” Raze asked with a reckless smile.
“No, we will phase through it and take him by surprise; we need to search for the elements of harmony not destroy Discord.” I said
“But what’s the point of capturing him like they did last time? If we destroy him now we won’t have to worry about him later.” Raze said.
“Just follow Mists command, you were there for the mission briefing.” I said no longer tolerating his ranting’s.
“Whatever.” He said in his disrespectful tone again.
We both phased through the door and entered the moderately large castle. Inside was a series of upside down objects, painted over paintings, opposite color stripes and other crazy knickknacks of the sort.
“I thought he was the spirit of chaos, not the spirit of poor designing.” Raze said as he snickered quietly to himself
“Quite Raze, you’re going to blow our cover.” I said as I gunned him down with a sharp stare.
“Sorry.” He replied back quietly
“He must be in the Throne Room, but knowing Discord this whole castle is probably jumbled up.” I said
“Let’s split up then.” Raze said.
“Ok, if I need you I’ll use our element to contact you.” I said.
“Ok, I’ll do the same but stay out of my head… there’s private stuff in there.” Raze said.
“This is an un-appropriate time to be concerned about that.” I said and we split up.
I took the upstairs, while raze took the downstairs portion.
“How would I find this throne room if I was Discord… I guess he would think similar to Raze I mean, they’re both good at messing things up.” I thought as I walked through the long halls that seemed to have endless doors.
I saw a rectangular sign in the middle of the hall,
“I can’t believe this, there’s a map of the whole castle.” I thought as I looked over it.
“Hmm, if I were Discord I would put this here as a trap, and if I were Raze I would be looking for food.” I said as I put things together in my head.
I then contacted Raze with my magic.
“Raze.” I said.
“What?” he replied.
“Have you found a map?” I asked.
“Yes… I’m heading towards the throne room now…” he said sounding un-sure of himself.
“Really now?” I asked.
“Ugh… ya… er, sure…” he said.
“Well, I’m behind you and I noticed you seem to be following the route to the kitchen.” I said.
He turned around to see me.
“I was just making sure he wasn’t getting a snack.” He said.
“I’m sure you were, but I think you might be on to something.” I said as I took the lead.
“What do you mean.” He asked confused.
“Well, Discord probably set those fake maps to trick us into a trap.” I said as we continued forward.
“Maybe… or maybe he knew we would think that and made a real map knowing we would actually go against it.” He said speaking so fast that it was hard to understand him.
“No, it was a fake. I studied the map and noticed the entrance room was marked in the wrong spot from where we came in.” I said as I found the large double door to the room marked as kitchen.
“Oh… well my theory was still pretty good.” He said.
“Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night” I said in a serious tone.
“Well-”
“Shh.” I said softly cutting him off.
“We need to get in quietly so we can retrieve the elements.” I said.
“Ok.” He said.
“Or, we could try a different tactic.” Raze said.
“Like what?” I asked skeptical of his higher thinking skills.
“Well, we don’t know what’s on the other side of this door right?” he asked.
“No.” I replied.
“Well if he somehow knew we were here he would expect us to come in quietly and that’s when he will hit us.” Raze said.
“Interesting conspiracy.” I said, “But, what do you plan on doing?” I asked.
“Well, we go in with a bang to throw him off and while he is distracted we get the elements.” Raze said with a proud tone of his idea.
“Well, there are a lot of flaws with that like for one, we don’t know if that’s the throne room, two we don’t know if Discord’s even in there, and three-”
“You don’t know if I have the elements on me?” a voice asked from behind us cutting me off.
We both teleported behind the pursuer, through the many hours of training this was always our first move if we get caught off guard. We both instinctively used our elements to pin down our enemy, I used my power to pin him down and Raze used his power stop their magic/wings.
“Where are the elements!” I demanded.
“Oh no! I’ve been captured by two clones!” he yelled in fake despair, his mocking began to enrage me so I pulled him up and threw him into the wall with a great deal of force.
“I’ll ask again, if you don’t tell me I won’t be easy on you. Where are the elements!” I yelled.
“Well, if you want your precious elements, you will have to play by the rules.” Discord said.
“Nope, we’re not playing your dumb games.” Raze said.
“Then I guess you won’t get your little ele-“
Before he could finish I used my magic to form a large glass ball over him and crashed over his body, pieces of glass stuck all in him and he began to bleed. He let out a cry of pain, he obviously wasn’t used to working with beings that could, or would, hurt him.
“Where are the elements!?” I demanded again.
He spat blood in my face and continued, “I won’t tell unless you play by my rules.”
“Well, I won’t stop until you’re dead or tell me where the elements are.” I said coldly.
“Whoa there Sole, calm down there, don’t do something you’re going to regret.” Raze said.
“I’ll only regret not fulfilling my mission.” I said without taking my eyes off the strange spirit in front of me.
I then conjured up a blade of light and hovered it over is clawed hand.
“I’ll give you one more chance, tell me where the elements are or I will cut off your claw.” I said in the same cold voice.
“You wouldn’t” Discord said trying to hide is fear but let a small voice crack out at the attempt.
“Wont I? I asked as I took the light blade and cut off one of the claws.
He screamed as the blood rushed out of the gash from where the claw used to be.
“Now, if you don’t tell me, I will cut the whole clawed hand off.” I said still staring into his eyes.
“Please, get him off, he will kill me!” Discord yelled to Raze…
“Just tell him were the amulets are and we will fix your hand.” Raze said.
“Ok, ok…” he said then pointed to a box in a drawer in front of the double doors.
Raze went over to inspect the drawer, he pulled out the elements and tested to be sure they were real.
“The magic pulsing through them is strong and warm, they’re the real elements.” He said as he took the box and returned by my side.
“Pity.” I said as I threw Discord to the ground, “I was looking forward to dismount his head and put it over the fire place.
I then knocked Discord out with my magic and fixed his hand, before we left the castle, Raze looked at me and said, “That was some pretty good acting, I knew you would fix his hand and we both know you wouldn’t have killed him.”
“Yes, but he didn’t know that.” I said as we both took off back down to Ponyville with the five stolen elements and an unconscious Spirit of Chaos.
As we flew back down, we noticed that the once animated objects were back to their unanimated forms.
“It seems we stopped discord without the need of the elements.” I said to Raze as we flew down towards Mist.
“Ya, but we need them to seal him up again.” Raze said.
“This is true.” I said as we approached our leader.
“We have the elements and Discord alive.” I said, reporting our mission to our leader.
“You two have done me proud; enjoy yourselves for now because I fear this is just the beginning.” Mist said.
As we finished our chat with Discord, the towns’ ponies began to crowd around us and cheer our names, even the Wonder Bolts made an appearance to the minor celebration.
The elements then approached us and we gave each of them their amulet and received thanks by each of them.
“I guess we should seal up Discord now right?” Rainbow Dash asked.
“No, I have some questions to ask him.” Mist said. “Let me handle him.” He finished.
“Ok.” Twilight said, and with that, Mist and Discord both disappeared.
“What should we do now?” Raze asked.
“I’ll tell you what we should do; we should have a town banquet for the heroism of these two colts!” Mrs., Mare said. “Pinkie, do you mind throwing the celebration?” Mrs. Mare asked.
“I’d love to!” Pinkie screamed.
“Wonderful, and Apple Jack, do you mind letting us use Sweet Apple Acers as the designated party place?” Mrs. Mare asked.
“Not at all, we’ll have us a good o’l fashioned Honky Tonk!” Apple Jack replied,
“Wonderful, I’m sure one of you two young colts could be our entertainment.” Mrs. Mare said directed to me and my comrade Raze.
“Um?” was all I could say before everypony cheered and busied them self’s with a task for tonight. I looked at Raze with a confused look and he just slumped his shoulders and said, “Don’t look at me, I got all the good qualities of Shadow but I don’t know how to play the guitar or sing.” He said.
“Well neither do I.” I said.
“Well, looks like we’re in a bit of a pickle.” Raze said in a bit of a country accent.
“Well… I guess we better learn how to play the guitar.” I said.
“Ok, you learn to play the guitar and I’ll sing, deal?” Raze asked.
“Deal.” I said.
Raze started to leave but I couldn’t help but stopping him.
“Wait, is it ok if I sing and you play the guitar?” I asked.
“Ugh… sure but why the sudden change of heart?” Raze asked.
“I feel that I do not possess the skills required for that instrument and singing would be a more suitable challenge.” I said.
“Whatever, but stop talking like such a nerd.” Raze said and started off in another direction.
“One more thing, why did you just change your direction? When you thought you were going to sing you were heading that way but now you’re going the complete opposite direction.”
“Well, Flutter Shy can sing, and I’m pretty sure Apple Jack knows how to play guitar.” Raze said.
“Wow… you’re smarter then you look.” I said.
“Ya, whatever.” He said then ran and took off to Sweet Apple Acers; his sonic boom left a colored trail behind him.
“I guess I’m going to Flutter Shy’s.” I said to myself and took off running in the opposite direction as Raze, my sonic boom also left a colored trail behind me.
Raze’s POV
I flew all the way to Apple Jacks house to see everypony was working for tonight’s banquet, I had to find Apple Jack before somepony spotted because I didn’t want to have to get distracted by some chore. I decided to go invisible, It felt weird that nopony could see me but I kind of liked it. I walked up to wear Apple Jack was standing and quickly ran up to her, grabbed her hoof, and teleported into her room before anypony knew what happened.
“What the? What just happened?” Apple Jack asked as she looked around to find that she had somehow teleported into her room.
“Don’t freak out now Apple Jack.” I said. “I teleported us here.” I finished,
“What? Who said that?” she asked.
“Oh sorry, I forgot I was invisible.” I said and uncovered myself so she could see me.
“What are ya doin here sugar cube?” Apple Jack asked confused.
“If Big Mac catches me in here with a colt he’ll kill you.” She said quickly closing her door.
“Whatever it is, I’m sure we can get privacy out in the field.” She said.
“Whoa, slow down there cow girl, I just need some guitar lessons.” I said
“Wow, you sound just like shadow with that hint of a country accent.” She said.
“Ugh, thanks, but I’m not Shadow; and I can’t play guitar but I heard you know a thing or two.” I said.
“Well ya but, I’m not nearly as good as Shadow was.” She said.
“Well, what do you know?” I asked.
“Well, he actually did teach me how to play a song; I sure hope you’re as good as him because it isn’t exactly a song that you learn in one day.” She said.
“Well, I’ll give it a shot, what song is it?” I asked.
“He didn’t tell me but here’s how it goes.” She said.
She picked up a brown hickory guitar, it really was a beautiful guitar, and she began to finger pic the song. She even sang a little but I reckoned she was shy because she sang very quietly and blushed when I got closer to hear. When she finished she handed me the guitar and told me to try to play any little thing.
I picked it up and strummed the guitar; I then plucked the thinnest string alone and looked up at her to see that she was giving me an everlasting encouraging face. I then held down one of the frets and plucked the strings experimentally.
“See, you’re not that bad.” She said
“Well, I haven’t learned anything yet.” I said.
“Well, then making something up, that’s what I loved about Shadow, he could think quickly and write silly songs to help cheer me up.” She said with an almost sorrow filled smile.
I put the guitar down for a second and looked at her.
“You and Shadow… you were close eh? I asked
“You could say that, he was close with all of use but I always had an extra feeling for him.” She said.
“It seems like all you girls did.” I said.
“Ya… there was just something about him that we couldn’t resist, for me, it was how he always looked at the bright side of things.” She said with a bit of a tear trickling down her cheek.
“Look, I know it must be hard to lose somepony that special, but he isn’t completely gone. His music, memory’s, accomplishments, ect. Are all in you; you just need to remember the times spent with him not the times you will never have again.” I said trying to cheer her up.
“Thanks, you know, for an evil clone, you’re a lot like him.” She said with a smile and gave me a small peck on the cheek. Unfortunately Big Mac decided to come in right at that moment and got the wrong idea.
“What do you think ya doin to my lil sis!” he yelled as he ran towards me.
“I’m going to borrow this guitar.” I said.
“Go ahead, I would run if I were though.” She said so I teleported out of there.
Sole’s POV
As I approached Flutter Shy’s little cottage, I heard birds whistling and a beautiful voice singing.
“Hmmm, she must be rehearsing.” I thought as I heard the beautiful music.
“I don’t want to startle her or interrupt the practice so I guess I’ll just teleport on top of that over hanging tree.” I thought and did so.
The voices carried all the way up to my perch, probably because the high pitch of the song helped it sound louder. I decided.
After the song I teleported several paces behind her so I could seem to have just walked up rather than stalked her.
“Hey” I said as I casually walked up to her.
She seemed to tense up and spoke very quietly.
“Hi” she squeaked.
“I have a favor to ask you.” I said.
“What is it?” she asked a little less tense but still nervous.
“I need you to teach me how to sing.” I said.
“Oh.” She said as she relaxed seemingly a lot for her.
“So do you think you can do it?” I asked.
“I can try, but Shadow was a pretty decent singer, are you sure you need lessons?” She asked.
“Yes.” I said a little too eager, I began to feel hot when I noticed I was blushing a little.
“Oh, well ok.” She said as she sat on a log and motioned me to join her.
“Ok.” I said as I sat down next to her, I knew she was shy so I tried to be a little more casual then my normal tense self.
“So, to start, when you sing you need to push the air from your diaphragm all the way out and you need to project it well so everypony can hear.” She said.
“Can you show me?” I asked.
“Oh… I don’t know…” she said.
“Please?” I asked.
“Fine, but just because I’m teaching you.” She said and let out a loud but beautiful high note.
“Wow! That was beautiful.” I said, a little too eager again.
“Thanks.” She said as her face turned slightly pink.
“Now you try.” She said.
I was sort of nervous so I let out a small “Aww” hoping she would accept it.
“I’m sorry but what was that?” She asked.
“Well… I was trying too…” apparently she couldn’t hear me because she said,
“I can’t understand you if you mumble! Now, show me how to sing mister!” she said in more of an assertive tone.
“Ok…” I said. I let out a louder and mightier “Aww”
“That’s more like it!” she said with a proud smile. “Not quite as good as Shadow but not bad.” She said
“Thanks.” I said.
“No problem, I’m sorry to cut the lessons but it’s almost time for the banquet and I have to get my pets ready to go.” She said.
“Oh, ok… I should meet up with Raze and rehearse with him any ways.” I said.
“Ok, I look forward to seeing you guys play.” She said with a meek smile and headed back into her cottage.
I flew off to the center of town to see how Raze was doing, hopefully he got more work done then I did.
“Hey Raze” I greeted as I approached him and a guitar that he somehow obtained.
“I hope you have something since you have a guitar in your hands.” I said
“Nope, how about you?” he asked.
“Nothing.” I replied.
“What!? We only have like half an hour left!” Raze said freaking out.
“I’m aware of that.” I said in a frustrated tone.
“What are we going to do?” Raze asked.
“Hmm, let’s think about what we know about Shadow.” I said.
“Ya, that way we know what we can’t do! You’re brilliant Sole! Brilliant!” Raze said in a sarcastic tone.
“No, think about it like this, we’re part of Shadow right? So if we think about him maybe something will happen.” I said.
“Well, there’s a problem, according to Apple Jack, he wrote all of his songs as he went so they arn’t written down anywhere.” Raze said
“Ok, well… maybe we can write it as we go.” I said
“What? Even if one of us could do that, how would we know what’s going to happen next in the song?” Raze asked.
“Well, we’re connected in a way, our elements clash and we both came from Shadow.” I said.
“Well, it’s going to have to do because we have to get there now if we’re even going to make it on time.” Raze said.
“Agreed.” I said.
We flew down to the farm in extreme speed, I always secretly admired how fast Raze could go, I mean, I know I’m fast but even he was faster than me. We finally reached our destination, ponies were eating, laughing, and having an all-around good time; then everyone started walking towards the stage and we knew it meant we were out of time.
“Mares and gentle colts, tonight we are admiring our local heroes by throwing this wonderful banquet.” Mrs. Mare said.
“But before we bring up our live entertainment, we would like to give special thanks to Ms. Apple Jack, and Ms. Pinkie Pie for helping this all happen. Let’s give these fine young ladies a round of applause.” Mrs. Mare said.
As the people roared their thanks to Pinkie and Apple Jack, Raze and I walked back stage to get ready. A light colored mare with weird eyes informed us that we were on in five minutes.
“We are so screwed.” Raze said.
“Indeed.” I replied.
I tried to meditate to help me concentrate but for some reason I had an uncontrollable urge to go into the orchid behind the stage. I told Raze I had to pee and I would be right back. As I walked into the Apple trees I saw a dim blue glow, I wasn’t sure what it was but I felt a sensation that I could trust it. I walked up behind the large tree it was behind and saw a blue acoustic guitar there; I picked it up and suddenly had a vision flash through my head. It was a Shadow in the woods speaking to me but I couldn’t make out the words it was saying, all I could make of it was a shadow of what seemed to be a colt. I took the guitar and walked back to the stage, as I walked the guitar seemed to change colors that matched my own coat.
“Hmm, weird.” I thought. “It must be enchanted or something.” I decided.
I walked up to Raze and answered the obvious question on his mind.
“I found it in the woods, here you can use it and I’ll sing.” I said as I handed him the guitar, this time it changed colors and even form. It was now a black and green electric guitar with a large amp to go with it.
“This is awesome.” Raze said as he tried to play it, this time however he actually played something that sounded decent.
“Wow, you’re getting better.” I said.
“Thanks, it’s like I already know what to do.” He replied.
The same light colored mare came and told us we were up, before we stepped on stage we herd Mrs. Mare say:
“Is everyone ready for our live entertainment?” she asked to the crowd.
There was a long series of cheering then Mrs. Mare said,
“Let’s give it up for Razor soul!” She yelled, again the crowd went wild.
“Razor soul?” I asked as I looked at Raze.
“Ya, I thought it would be a cool band name.” he replied with an eager grin as he pulled me on stage with him.
“How’s every Pony doing?” He yelled out with a bit of a southern accent.
The crowd returned a cheer.
“Great, me and Sole here are going to play some music.” He said then strapped on the electric guitar.
“Follow my lead.” He said.
“I guess, but I feel like I know what you’re going to do so this could work.” I said.
“Good.” He said then some random brown and yellow colt with crossed drum sticks as his cutie mark yelled “Kick it!” and Raze began to play the some heavy distorted song and the drummer joined in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8X3ACToii0
“I got this.” I said to myself and go ready to sing.
It kills me not to know this but I've all but just forgotten
What the color of her eyes were and her scars or how she got them
As the telling signs of age rain down, a single tear is dropping
Through the valleys of an aging face that this world has forgotten
There is no reconciliation that will put me in my place
And there is no time like the present to drink these draining seconds
But seldom do these words ring true when I'm constantly failing you
Like walls that we just can't break through until we disappear
So tell me now if this ain't love then how do we get out?
'Cause I don't know
That's when she said I don't hate you boy
I just want to save you while there's still something left to save
That's when I told her I love you girl
But I'm not the answer for the questions that you still have, oh, oh

And the day pressed on like crushing weights
For no man does it ever wait
Like memories of dying days that deafen us like hurricanes
Bathed in flames we held the brand, uncurled the fingers in your hand
Pressed into the flesh like sand, now do you understand?
So tell me now if this ain't love then how do we get out?
'Cause I don't know
That's when she said I don't hate you boy
I just want to save you while there's still something left to save
That's when I told her I love you girl
But I'm not the answer for the questions that you still have, oh, oh
One thousand miles away, there's nothing left to say
But so much left that I don't know
We never had a choice, this world is too much noise
It takes me under, it takes me under once again
I don't hate you
I don't hate you, no
So tell me now if this ain't love then how do we get out?
'Cause I don't know
That's when she said I don't hate you boy
I just want to save you while there's still something left to save
That's when I told her I love you girl
But I'm not the answer for the questions that you still have, oh, oh
I don't hate you
I don't hate you, oh, oh
I don't hate you
I don't hate you, no, oh, oh
The song actually sounded good, the crowd loved it and Raze seemed to be having a great time; but I still couldn’t relax, like something inside of me wouldn’t go at ease. What was it? Was it some sort of sixth sense telling me all wasn’t well or was I just paranoid? Ever since I was created I haven’t felt a moment of relaxation, even when I’m surrounded by ponies at a banquet dedicated to my own heroism I can’t relax… maybe I should talk to Mist about it.
Before I could finish my deep thinking Raze was yelling at me to get off the stage, I guess I spent more time thinking then I realized and I had just stood on the stage five minutes after our performance… oops…
I got off the stage and decided to go talk to Mist about my problems, I figured I’d let Raze enjoy himself, he’ll probably get too drunk to go back to our place so I’m willing to bet he’ll stay in Ponyville tonight.
Raze’s POV:
I saw Sole leaving but I didn’t bother tagging along, he is always such a kill joy. Tonight I was going to relax and enjoy myself because I’m always training with Mist, I need time to unwind.
“Great job Raze, I see you got the hang of guitar pretty fast.” Apple Jack said.
“Ya, well I had a good teacher.” I said in a flirtatious way.
“Well, I didn’t really teach you anything, all we did was talk about Shadow and you got chased out by Big Mac.” She said with a giggle.
“Well, still.” I said.
“Well, why where here, why don’t we dance.” She said.
“But there’s no music.” I said, but funny thing was as soon as I said that Vinyl started hitting up some music.
“You were saying?” Apple Jack said with a grin.
“I was saying it would be my pleasure to dance with you.” I said.
We danced to a bunch of pop songs and when I got tired I decided to go get some water, and something to eat. As I walked up to the large banquet buffet I saw Rainbow Dash hovering over it picking up some food.
“Hmm, that’s an interesting way to get food.” I thought, decided to join her in her mid-flight snack.
“Hey Rainbow.” I said as I flew next to her grabbing a muffin as I passed it.
“Hey Raze, great job, Shadow would be proud.” She said as she took a drink from some multi-colored liquid.
“Thanks, so what are you drinking on there?” I asked curiously, hoping it would be alcohol because Mist has had a strict rule on it
“It’s a drink.” She said seemingly uninterested in me.
“Alcoholic?” I asked eagerly
“Wow, I kinda figured you were more like Sole and was a goodie goodie, but ya it is, you want a sip?” she asked.
“Hell ya!” I said as I took the drink and took a big swish of it down my throat.
“Easy there tiger, I want some too.” She said as she carefully took the drink back and continued drinking it.
“Where did you get it?” I asked
“On the far left table.” She said pointing to it.
“I’ll be right back.” I said as I started to turn around.
“Wait, will you refill mine? I figure if you’re going to party I will too.” She said with a smile.
“Sounds good to me.” I said and took her glass and flew to the other table.
The vender filled up Rainbow’s glass and gave me my own glass and said,
“Are you sure you can handle liquor?”
“Please, I’m only the element of corruption.” I said and flew back to Rainbow Dash. When I got back a new song was playing through Vinyl’s speakers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=pRrqPux8pxw
“Here you go.” I said as I handed her glass to her.
“Thanks.” She said and began nursing on it again.
“No problem, so how about a night flight?” I challenged, the night was nice and cool and I thought it would be fun to fly through the night sky.
“I don’t know… what about the banquet?” she asked.
“It will be here when we get back, I think it will take us about ten seconds flat?” I said using her own little slogan.
She just looked at me with her trade mark grin and said,
“Race you to that cloud.” Then she pointed to a large cloud facing the moon, and then flew off towards it.
“Oh it’s on.” I thought to myself and took off into the night. She had a bit of a lead on me from her head start, but I knew I was much faster so I caught up to her pretty easy.
When I caught up to her and was side by side, I looked at her and said,
“Hey, come here often?” I asked sarcastically and passed her with a grin.
Her face was then a mix between a laugh and a determined face. She tried to speed up but couldn’t quite reach me. As she got faster and faster she began to break through the sound barrier, however, she wasn’t as trained as I was at conducting that move so she ended up getting caught up in an air stream and started spiraling out of control.
“Aww!” she screamed as she began to plummet back down to the ground.
I quickly stopped in midflight and bolted back down towards her.
“I got you.” I yelled as I flew up from above her. I then swooped under her and caught her in my hoofs.
I then flew us both to the large cloud and gently placed her on the cloud.
“You ok?” I asked as she shook off her near death experience.
“Ya, I’m fine.” She said.
“Well, we both made it here at the same time, so I guess it’s a tie.” I said cheerfully.
“I guess so.” She said quietly.
“You ok Dash?” I asked concerned.
“Ya I’m fine.” She said trying to wave away my concern
“Well, I spilt my drink, but I think I’ll be fine without it.” I said.
“Ya, me too.” She said.
“Well, this is a pretty nice cloud.” I said as I made a more conformable position and laid down.
“yup.” She said as she laid down next to me, it was colder up here then it was down there and the cloud was slightly damp so we were both cold. She snuggled up closer to me, I didn’t mind because I was getting uncomfortably cold.
“You know, I never did know why Shadow liked flying at night but now I think I know.” She said as we both gazed up at the stars and moon.
“Well, I never really knew Shadow but from everypony who told me about him, he seems like he was a pretty cool colt.” I said.
“Ya, he was.” She said admirably.
“Was he a good flyer?” I asked.
“Yes, he was even better then you and Sole, but he would never admit it.” She said.
“Oh, were you close with him?” I asked.
“Not as close as Twilight or Apple Jack but he did make an impact on my life.” She said a little more sadly.
“Well, I can’t speak for him, but you have made an impact on my life, all of you.” I said.
“Thanks.” She said.
“It’s weird” She started again, “Even though I haven’t known you for long, I feel like I’ve known you forever.” She said.
“Well, you kind of did.” I said. “I mean after all, I’m part of Shadow.” I said.
“Look, you shouldn’t think of yourself as part of Shadow, you’re your own colt.” She said.
“Thanks, it’s actually been kinda bothering me that I’m not really a colt but a clone, but you what you just said really helps.” I said. As I put my off around her.
“Well, what are friends for right?” she asked.
We sat up there for a long time and just enjoyed each other’s company. It was nice to talk to someone who didn’t see me as the evil clone of Shadow.
Sole’s POV:
I was flying away from the banquet when I felt the need to be alone; this was a normal feeling for me since I knew I didn’t really belong with these folks. I don’t know how Raze can just fit in with them so well, I mean, he was the evil one at first and it seems he feels fine and already has made friends with every pony. We aren’t real colts; we are nothing more than vessels created from Shadow’s soul to harness the elements he possessed.
I was thinking so much that I didn’t realize I was now heading in a different direction, like instinct was telling me to go the way I was going.
“I wonder what’s over here. I feel like something’s pulling me in this direction.” I thought to myself as I followed my instinct.
I reached a small pond with an overhanging tree next to it, I felt like I knew this place, like it was somehow apart of everything. I sat down on the tree and looked into the reflecting pound at myself.
“Look at you, you’re the reason he’s gone.” I said to myself disgusted at my appearance.
“If it weren’t for you, he would still be here and all of these ponies would be happy.” I said looking at the reflection. Just then I felt I was being watched from behind me, I didn’t let the watcher know I was aware of their presence so I just continued talking to myself. As the presence walked up behind me I quickly turned around dropping my hoof to theirs so that they would trip, I then grabbed their top hoof and turned it behind their back and wrapped my other hoof round their throat.
“Un hand me! I’m ta princess of Equstria!” the voice said.
I noticed she had the crest of Princess Luna as her cutie mark. I quickly released the royal figure and stood at attention giving my apologies.
“I’m sorry Princess Luna, I had no idea I was being watched by royalty.” I said still in my attention stance.
“At ease, and its ok, it’s my fault for watching you here.” She said in an apologetic tone.
I went at ease and quickly checked behind us and around us looking at every possible area for an enemy to be hidden in.
“What are you doing?” Princess Luna asked.
“I’m searching for enemies, what are you doing without your royal escorts? Somepony could ambush you Princess Luna.” I said.
“Well, this is a secret place, so I should ask, how did you get here?” Princess Luna asked.
“I don’t know Princess Luna.” I said.
“Why do you keep saying my name?” Princess Luna asked.
“It’s respect, Princess Luna.” I said.
“No, it’s annoying.” Princess Luna said.
“My apologies Princess-” I managed to stop myself before I finished Luna.
“Well, Sole is it? I had a close friend enchant this place so only we could find it, so how did you get here?” Princess Luna asked.
“I was just flying and I felt a strong need to go in this direction.” I said.
“Hmmm, maybe Shadow pushed you here.” Princess Luna said.
“Shadow’s gone.” I said.
“I know I was at the second memorial.” She said not wanting be reminded.
“What is so special about this place? I feel…” I said trying to figure out a word to describe this place.
“Safe?” the Princess said finishing my sentence.
“Yes.” I said.
“Well, you see this place was enchanted by the element of purity; it makes souls welcome and at ease… from hearing you talk to yourself you need this place more than you think.” Princess Luna said.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=n-BXNXvTvV4
“I don’t want to involve my feelings if you don’t mind Princess.” I said in a serious voice.
“You know, you remind me of him.” The Princess said.
“What are you talking about?” I asked.
“I know that’s what’s on your mind; he never wanted to get too close to anypony, or involve them in his problems.” The Princess said.
“In all due respect Princess, but you know nothing about me.” I said in a stern tone.
“Well, let me ask you this. Do you know anything about yourself?” The princess asked.
“I-I… don’t need to, I’m here for one reason and that’s to defend the innocent.” I said, at first I got caught up in the whole knowing myself thing until reality hit me.
“How could you say that?” The princess asked in a distasteful tone.
“Why would I waste my time on finding myself when I have a job to fulfill?” I asked trying to reason with her.
“Because that’s what Shadow would have wanted.” The Princess said quietly.
“Look… Shadow was a hero, far greater than me or Raze, but he isn’t here anymore and I don’t have time to worry about what he would have wanted when I have a job to fulfill.” I said now gazing into the Princess’s eyes. Normally when I do this ponies tend to listen to what I say but the Princess was different, it was as if her eyes were fighting back.
“How dare you!” She yelled. “How dare you even say his name with such little respect? He gave up everything he had to save us, to create you!” she screamed.
“Don’t you think I know that? Don’t you think I wake up and know I’m nothing but a knock off of a hero? Nothing more than a part from a large machine?” I said trying to contain my emotions but I was failing.
“Why can’t you understand you’re more than just a clone?” the Princess yelled tearing up.
“You and Raze are all we have left of Shadow, you’re more than solders, and you’re the thing to fill the void of him being gone.” She finished.
“Has it occurred to you that I’m not as strong as everypony thinks? I can’t be Shadow, I can’t be the hero and friend you all need, I’m the element of purity and nothing more!” I yelled and took off into the night sky so she couldn’t see the tears that had formed in my eyes.
Luna’s POV:
After I saw the white and teal look alike of Shadow fly off, I couldn’t help but let all my emotions out into the pond.
“Why did you have to go Shadow?” I asked as I sobbed looking into the pond.
“Ever since you’ve been gone I feel like there’s nothing. Everything you have done is just a memorial now, something that will be nothing more than history. I need you back; I can’t live with just a memory of you. I need the real you, not these look a likes.” I said, speaking to the pond and hoping somehow Shadow could hear me.
I gazed up at the stars and remembered all the nights we spent here hanging out until dawn. I remembered the songs he would sing to me as we sat in this very spot eating apple, the pond would be calm and smooth as we peered into our pasts and pondered our futures.
“I know this is crazy, but I know you’re out there somewhere watching us. I know you sent Sole here to face his problems; unfortunately he took your stubbornness as well as your serious side. He sees himself as a solder and nothing more.” I said looking up into the stars as I thought of his face.
“If you’re out there please, give me a sign.” I said as I looked into the pond. I saw his reflection in the pond next to me, I quickly turned around to see if he was there but he wasn’t; when I looked to see if his reflection in the pond he was gone again.
Elsewhere:
Screams are herd inside a locked room and then a voice is heard.
“Now, I won’t ask again, what are Darkblood’s plans?” the voice said.
“I don’t know, he didn’t tell me.” Another voice said.
“Well, looks like you’re losing that hand again.” The other voice said.
“No please! I don’t know! He didn’t tell me anything I swear!” The voice said.
“Well, that’s a pity; I guess I don’t need you anymore.” The voice said.
“Please, don’t imprison me in stone again.” The voice said.
“Of course not, then you’d just slither your slimy self-back out again; no, I have a much better idea.” The voice said.
“What, what is that?” the scared voice said.
“Oh this? It’s just a life draining crystal, I figured if I have you then Darkblood won’t.” The voice said.
“Wait… Stop please; I thought you were supposed to be the element of purity.” The scared voice said.
“No, you thought wrong, so did the real element of purity but don’t worry you will be meeting him in this crystal with you.” The voice said.
“Please Mist don’t!” the scared voice said.
“Don’t call me that, Mist was taken care of long before the element was needed.” The voice said.
“Who are you?” the scared voice said.
“Don’t worry about that; just tell Shadow I said hi.” The voice said. There was a loud yell of agony as a red light went off in the room. All that was left was a colorless, lifeless body of an old Spirit.