• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 2,412 Views, 24 Comments

Shadow Darkwing - Bro-Pony



Basically a HIM, you're probably thinking "Not another one of these" but none of these are ever the same, so if you want, check it out. Rated T got violence, Language, and sexual references.

  • ...
45
 24
 2,412

The loss

I woke up in the middle of the night because I couldn’t sleep.
“Something doesn’t quite fit.” I thought to myself
I looked over to Flutter Shy and saw she was still asleep; I then carefully got out of the bed, being sure not to wake her. I walked to my window to see it was still raining hard and decided to go to the one place I could think alone.
I walked into my studio while I thought. “I understand that there’s dark magic and good magic but, what about the other feeling I had? Was it like in between? Is there even such a thing of in between magic? Maybe I should have told Mist.” I thought as I walked into the studio.
“What do I do?” I asked myself
“Should I give up my human life to protect some other world?” I asked myself.
“Ever since I woke up I haven’t felt the same any ways, even before I met these girls. My senses feel like they were heightened, my reflexes are far beyond human and so is my strength apparently.” I said.
“I wonder what else I can do?” I asked myself.
“I want to own my potential but I can’t enchant myself like that again… or can I?”
“I know it will be wrong, but what if I can learn to control it?” I asked myself.
“But then again… what if I can’t?” I asked myself thinking about the night Luna helped me.
“Well, maybe I can use good magic, I know Mist said it was harder, but still, it might be helpful to be able to use some powers.” I said to myself
“Maybe, just maybe there’s a way to train to work up to my full potential.” I said
“Maybe I can even manage to-
My train of thought was cut off when I heard the studio door open; I turned around to see that it was Jordan, or Twilight, that opened the door.
I motioned for her to come in and sit down.
“I saw that the light was on in here so I came to see who was up.” She said as she sat in the seat next to me.
“Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up.” I said
“It’s ok, so what are you doing in here?” She asked.
“I couldn’t sleep so I thought I’d come in here and think.” I said
“Oh… what are you thinking about?” She asked.
“Oh you know the usual teen troubles like finding out that you are supposed to be the barer of a good or bad element and that my only friends are actually pony’s from another world.” I said in a humorous tone.
“Well, I can tell you that being a human teenager isn’t easy for us either. There’s so many things that we don’t understand about your world, not to mention things we don’t understand about our body’s like what are theses for?” she asked grabbing her breasts.
“Well, I’m not going to have the talk with you; you might want to ask Rachel… I mean Rarity.” I said correcting myself.
“Well, whatever they’re for, AJ has the biggest ones and from what I have observed it attracts a lot of human boys.” She said
“Yes… yes it does.” I said having a quick vision of AJ’s body then returning to reality. But don’t let that bother you, that’s normal for guys to look… although it is frowned upon for guys to stare so I’ll have to give her talk about that.” I said putting that on my mental checklist.
“Well… to be honest… I wasn’t nervous about guys looking at her… I was jealous.” She said a little embarrassed.
“What where you jealous about?” I asked
“I was jealous that she was getting so much attention… between Rarity, who is the prettiest mare, Rainbow Dash, the coolest, and AJ, the most popular, no one ever really pays much attention to me.” She admitted.
“Well, you’re the smartest person I know, and you’re pretty too.” I said trying to comfort her.
“Do you really think so?” she asked.
“Of course.” I said, and then I leaned in to hug her.
The awkward part was she thought I was leaning in to kiss her so when I leaned in to hug her she leaned in for a kiss.
“Oh… sorry I thought…” she said blushing a little.
“It’s ok… but why would you think I was going to kiss you?” I asked.
“Well…” she said trailing off.
“Did we kiss in Ponyvill?” I asked her nervously
“Well… we made out…” She said blushing heavily.
“We made out?” I asked also blushing heavily.
“Three times…” She said still blushing.
“I kissed rarity too…” I said feeling kind of bad.
“Well… you kissed a lot of girl’s which also made me jealous… especially when you stayed the night a Rainbows.” She said.
“Oh… we didn’t… you know?” I asked nervously still blushing.
“I don’t know she didn’t say.” She said
“I kissed Rarity when we were in my room… it almost led some were else and I started to use dark magic.” I said guiltily
“What? How do you know you used magic?” she asked.
“Rarity said my eyes changed colors when I was on top of her.” I said.
“Why were you on top of her?” She asked jealously.
“I wasn’t thinking right but that’s when I got my memory back and stopped myself from using the dark magic.” I said.
“Oh… so you kissed the pretty girl and got your memory back?” she asked kid if sadly
“Look, if it were you in there it would have been the same.” I said.
“Well, it’s no mystery that she is prettier than her so how do I know you’re not just saying that?” she asked a little angry
“If I was just saying that, would I do this?” I said as I leaned into her and kissed her on the lips.
At first she was surprised but then she just kissed back and enjoyed herself.
“There, see that was nothing, just like me and rarity, nothing happened more than that.” I said as I leaned back into my seat.
She just sat there and looked at me blankly.
“Are you ok?” I asked.
“Ya… just… ya” Was all she said.
“Do you still feel jealous?” I asked.
“Well, no but… I wouldn’t mind doing that again… it was much better in this human form.” She said.
“Well, that’s because humans hormones are different then your normal body.” I said.
“Well, I still feel that Rarity got a little more than I did.” She said with seductive eyes.
“Well… I guess but that was a close one, I almost lost control and I don’t want that to happen again.” I said
“Well… what if I promise to keep you under control?” She asked as she leaned in and kissed me again.
“Whoa Jordan, I don’t think that’s a good idea.” I said as I easily pushed her back into her seat.
“You’re right, I don’t know what got over me I’m sorry.” She said.
“Wait… that’s it.” I said as the wheels in my head started to process the information.
“What’s it?” She asked confused.
“This storm… Darkblood is trying to corrupt the elements of harmony, that’s why he made this storm so we can’t go anywhere he knows that eventually I’m going to crack and do something with one of you very attractive girls.” I said.
“It does make sense, if you do lose control you’re bound to fall back into that enchantment and once you’re in there again who knows if we will be able to pull you out.” She said.
“I have to stop this storm then, I can’t keep this power from controlling me too much longer and the more things tempting the worst it is.” I said.
“Agreed.” Jordan said.
“Now, how do I stop this storm?” I asked.
“We will have to ask Rainbow Dash, she’s an expert at it after all.” She said.
“Ok, go get her… I’m going to contact Mist… there’s something I need to ask him anyways.” I said.
“Ok” she said and left the room
Once she left and shut the door, I began to concentrate on Mist and sure enough the room began turning all white again until I was surrounded by a white light on the ground and walls and I was no longer in my studio just a floating white blankness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQlyHbu0zz4&list=LLzHXX30tfuYdX8t4J82TCWg
“What do you need?” Mist asked.
“I need some answers.” I said.
“Of course you do.” He said in his usual frustrated tone.
“You said I had good magic and bad magic but is it possible to use both at once?” I asked.
“I’m not sure, you’re the first soul to ever be destined for two elements but if it is possible it would be very dangerous too your vessel.” He said.
“You mean my body?” I asked.
“Yes whatever you choose to call it.” He said.
“Well, so far I haven’t had much luck controlling my magic.” I said.
“Yes I know, this form isn’t created to wield magic, you may feel strong now but the more you try to use your magic the more you will be weakened, that is why I put you in the other world.” He said.
“So you took me out of my home world?” I asked.
“Look there isn’t time for those unimportant details, what else do you need to know?” he asked.
“In my other form, why was I able to use my magic better?” I asked.
“Well, that’s actually a good question, you see, a unicorn has a horn that helps it project its magic were as a human has nothing.” He said.
“Wow… for once what you said made sense to me.” I said.
“Good, and I hope you don’t plan on stopping that storm… you aren’t ready for that kind of magic and your present vessel may fail you.” He said.
“So you’re telling me I could lose my life in this world if I try and stop this storm?” I asked.
“indeed.” He said.
“Well, I don’t have a choice do I? If I don’t I’m risking losing control to my dark magic with all of those fine girls in my house.” I said.
“You’re right, we can’t let you re-enchant yourself, it would be too difficult to bring you back.” He said.
“So this may be the last time on earth?” I asked.
“I’m afraid so…” he said.
“So… I won’t ever see my parents again will I?” I asked.
“I think you know the answer to that.” He said.
“What exactly would happen if I went to the dark side per say?
“You would enslave all races from every possible soul, and basically destroy everything.” He said.
“Well… that’s not good.” I said.
“Well to be honest… the other alternative isn’t good for you” he said
“What do you mean Mist.” I asked confused by his sudden sympathy in his voice.
“If you choose the element I guard… you won’t have a physical vessel… you will be a spirit like me, you won’t see your friends or family you will merely guide others on the path of purity.” He said.
“So on one hand I enslave and kill everyone I love… and on the other I protect them all and never get too see them again.” I said weighing my future.
“I’m afraid so.” He said.
“That’s so unfair!” I yelled.
“Indeed, but it must be done.” He said.
“Well… why was I chosen for this?” I asked
“Honestly, I don’t know, I’m sorry, I truly am but there is only one alternative and it isn’t good.” He said.
“Well… I guess I should just figure out this storm first” I said.
“Yes… Caleb, I know this is a lot to take in, first you learn you will lose your life on earth and next you learn you will lose your life from Equstria… you truly are stronger then I first concluded.” He said.
“Thanks… I guess…” I said and went back to my present life in earth.
“What happened to you?” Jordan asked
“I was contacting Mist.” I said
“Oh, what did he say?” She asked.
“Nothing helpful.” I said, I decided not to tell her about me never getting to see them again.
“Well I woke Dash up, she is on the couch.” Jordan said.
“Ok.” I said as we walked out the door and towards Dash.
“Tell me what I need to know to stop this storm.” I said.
“You need to stop it at the source, for us Pegasus, we just stomp out the source cloud but it’s a little different for you, you’ll have to stop the spell and that means facing Darkblood.” Dash said.
“Well, you’re not ready to face him, he’ll destroy you.” Jordan said.
“No he won’t, he needs me. Besides, it’s not just us he’s affecting, turn on the news.” I said as I grabbed the remote and turned on the news.
“This just in, the tropical storm Sandy has turned into A category 5 hurricane, this is one of the most bizarre storms too ever be formed. We predict the whole county to be flooded if it continues on this path.” The news reporter said.
“See… it’s not just about us anymore, he’s destroying others life’s as well, I have to stop him before the storm destroys Hincks County.” I said.
“But… how do you even find him?” Rachel asked as she walked out of her room, I now noticed everyone was awake.
“Well… I’m going to guess he’s in a similar world Mist was in when I contact him so I’m going to have to go see him.” I said.
“How do you plan on stopping him?” AJ asked.
“Fight magic with magic.” I said.
“But you can’t even control your magic.” Jordan said getting upset.
“Not in this form.” I said. “But according to mist, in the form I was in in your world, I had a better grasp over my magic.” I said.
“But you don’t know how to switch to that form because you don’t know how to use your magic!” Jordan yelled tearing up because I wasn’t listening to her logic.
“And just because he won’t kill you don’t mean he won’t hurt you.” AJ said.
“Look… I have no choice.” I said.
“He’s right.” A voice said from behind us.
We all turned around to see it was Mist in his light form.
“If he doesn’t go many lives will be threatened.” Mist said.
“Exactly” I said.
“But what if he doesn’t come back?” Sierra asked.
“Did you not tell them?” Mist asked looking at me.
“Well… I-
Was all I could say before I was interrupted by Jordan.
“Tell us what?” Jordan asked curiously with a concerned tone.
“This body wasn’t meant to control magic… if he tries to use a powerful amount it will likely destroy him.” Mist said.
While they were arguing I took the opportunity to run into my studio and lock the door.
“Ok Caleb… Time to face Darkblood…” I said as I prepared myself for what I knew was going to happen.
“Why didn’t you tell us this was going to happen Shadow!?” Jordan yelled using my pony name by accident. It took her a few seconds to realize I wasn’t in the room with them.
She saw me in the room and yelled, “Shadow wait, you can’t do this we need you! ... I need you!” She said while she began to cry.
Before she could say anything there was a large flash and everyone was sent back to Ponyville… well almost everyone.
Twilight’s POV:
After the large flash, I got up and looked around; I saw that we were back in Ponyville, I saw everyone was there… everyone but Shadow.
“Is everypony ok?” I asked.
“yes.” They all responded.
“Twilight, we’re glad you made it back but… where’s Shadow?” Princess Luna asked.
“He…He’s going after Darkblood.” I said trying to hold my tears in.
“What! He won’t have a chance against him!” The Princess said.
“Mist says he will most likely be destroyed.” I said no longer able to keep the tears in.
“But… he can’t…” Was all the Princess could say before she too began to cry.
My POV:
I arrived in some kind of Dark purple realm, it was cold and there were a lot of mountains, I saw a large castle next to what seemed to be a Lava fall.
“Well… this must be the place.” I said to myself.
I gripped my hands into a fist, the cold was unsettling and I heard an eerie noise in the wind that kept me on my guard.
“Well… I guess I should head to my ultimate doom.” I said then sprinted out towards my end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JQiEs32SqQ (Don’t read till music starts.)
As I ran up to the castle all I could do is think about my life, all the memories I had that helped me through life.
Like when I was 5, my dad helped me find that there is nothing that I should be scared of; I remember a week after that night, he tried to scare me but instead of being scared I dropped to the floor and swept his feet from under him. He was proud that I overcame my fears but upset that I chose to overcome them when he tried to scare me.
My memories of family laughing on my patio while listening to country music, playing poker on Sunday nights, just plain out enjoying ourselves.
I even had some memories from when I spent time in Ponyville, I remembered the first day I had there when Twilight let me stay at her place, the times when me and Rainbow Dash flew together, the feelings I had when Twilight was mad at me.
I remembered hanging out with AJ at her farm eating some apples and watching the sun go down.
The time I went clubbing with Rarity and Pinkie Pie, and all the celebrities that wanted to work with me.
And most of all, Memories from nights that me and Luna spent just hanging out by that pond and just talked the whole night away.
Memories from playing that old blue guitar came to me.
“It’s funny, my parents swear they have no idea who gave it to me on Christmas, it makes me wonder if it was just destiny that I got that guitar.
As the memories of the guitar came to me all I could think about was the way it felt when I played, the way people around me responded with positive remarks.
As I thought more about the guitar I felt a sudden weight on my back and realized that there was a strap on me.
“What? I must have conjured my guitar… if only I could have something more useful though.” I said to myself.
As I thought about what Mist said, me being destroyed, I also remembered something else he said “Unicorns have horns that project their magic”
I then thought about how I wished I had some way of projecting my magic.
As that thought turned into more of a wish, my guitar began to glow White. There was a white flash, similar to the one when I teleported here, and my guitar was gone but instead I had on some sort of white armor that had a gold trimming.
“Well that’s cool and all but that doesn’t help against magic.” I thought to myself.
Then some sort of sword conjured in my hand.
“That’s more like it.” I thought
“I guess that this guitar is my way of projecting my magic.” I thought to myself.
I got to the entrance of the tower and then just stopped to catch my breath.
“Everypony there was so nice to me… now it’s my turn to make it up to them.” I thought to myself
“I’m going to stop this Son Of a Bitch for my friends and my family… or die trying.” I said as I got closer to the castle.
I then felt the familiar warm feeling in my body and a gold color aura began to illuminate around my armor and sword.
I felt so powerful but I knew that it wouldn’t end well in the end.
“Twilight, AJ, Dash, Pinkie, Rarity, FlutterShy, Mom, Dad… I’m going to miss all of you but I’m doing this for you.” I said out loud as I kicked the door open to the castle.
“Time to stop that storm.” I thought to myself.
I walked into the castle… after making a pretty big scene by kicking in the large wooden bridge door.
“Darkblood! Show yourself!” I yelled.
“Oh, have you come to join me?” He asked with an evil laugh at the end.
“Not likely!” I yelled.
“Well… that’s too bad; I did like you…too bad I’ll have to destroy you.” He said.
“We both know you won’t do that!” I yelled
“Well of course I would, I don’t need you anymore.” He said in his dark voice.
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“Well… as long as I have your body I don’t need you alive.” He said.
“Well… we’ll just see who is alive when we’re done here.” I said.
“Let’s” he said in a seemingly challenging voice.
Darkblood would be a hard foe to defeat, especially when he didn’t need me alive but I couldn’t do much if I couldn’t see him.
“It’s dark in here… mind if I turn on the light?” I asked sarcastically then lifted my gold glowing sword and thought about the room in an illuminated form.
Sure enough the room began to light up.
“Look who thinks they’re some sort of magician!” Darkblood howled accompanied with an evil laugh.
“Let’s just see how you do against this!” he said.
“The castle began to shake and large boulders began to fall from the top of the castle.
I just barely managed to dodge one that fell right where I was standing.
“I have to stop these boulders otherwise I won’t be able to concentrate on Darkblood.” I thought to myself
I then quickly thought of a large net at the top of the castle to catch all the boulders that were falling.
“Not bad, that was a pretty creative way to stop the boulders… it’s a pity you won’t join me.” He said.
“Ya… a pity.” I said sarcastically.
I then concentrated on finding Darkblood. My eyes began to find a glowing figure on top of the stairs.
“There you are.” I said to myself.
“So, Darkblood, what is it exactly you want from me anyways?” I asked trying to distract him.
“Well, I want you dead or for you to join me, which one is it going to be?” he asked.
“Well… if I join you what do I have to do?” I asked.
“Whatever you want.” He said in reply.
“So you’re telling me I can do whatever I want?” I asked him.
“Yup, all you have to do is use the dark element and join me.” He said.
“Ok” I said
“What? You’re serious?” he asked a little thrown off.
“Ya, I’m with you.” I said.
“Prove it.” He said in an unconvinced tone.
“How?” I asked.
“Enchant yourself.” He said.
“Ok… but you have to stop the storm.” I said.
“Fine, I guess I don’t need the storm to continue if you’re joining me.” He said.
“Nope.” I answered.
I saw the glow around him stop so I knew he broke the spell.
“Now show yourself and we can continue this.” I said.
“As you wish.” He said then appeared in front of me as the large Alicorn form.
I then quickly lunged at him with my sword but as soon as my blade made contact with him, the figure disappeared.
“Did you really believe I would just show myself to you?” the voice asked
“Well…” was all I could say.
“I guess I’ll have to destroy you.” He said then I felt a sudden pressure on my chest and I began to rise up.
“How does it feel to be thrown around like a rag doll?” he asked then threw me into one of the castle walls.
The pain was intense but it was worse once I felt him grab me again with his magic.
I quickly used my magic to pull him out into the light where I could see him.
This sudden move on my part threw him off and caused him to release me.
I quickly ran up and swung my sword at him with all I had, the sword began to glow and I smacked him threw the wall.
“So… how does it feel to be thrown like a rag doll?” I asked as I walked over to the hole in the wall.
“You think that’s all it takes to defeat me?” he asked as he came back through the wall with barely a scratch on him.
“You’re powerful, I’ll give you that, but did you honestly think you could compare to the training I’ve had with my magic? Through the experience I have?” he asked.
“Well, that’s great for you, but my motives are stronger and pure, you under estimate humans.” I said
“Humans are a weak and corrupted civilization.” He said.
I then used my magic to throw him in the middle of the floor and released the net holding the boulders, all the boulders fell on us, thankfully my armor produced a shield to cover me.
“I doubt you’ll be getting up from that one.” I said.
The boulders then began to move and float in the air, they began to form a large boulder looking creature with Darkblood inside.
“That was nothing, let’s see how you do against this.” He said then swung the large creature’s boulder arm at me, which hit me, hard into the ground creating a crater.
The force was so great, it must have broken every bone in my body in my body, I couldn’t move at all.
“Now, I don’t think you’ll be getting up from that one.” He said with an evil laugh.
A few seconds after he said that I blacked out.
I woke up later tied to some kind of table; there was some sort of device holding some sort of magic crystal above me.
“What do you plan on doing with that?” I asked.
“Well, I’m basically going to create a vessel from you that can wield the dark element of corruption.” Darkblood said.
“That’s… ridicules that would never work.” I said slightly nervously.
“Well, you won’t be around to find out.” He said, he then began chanting some words until the crystal began to glow.
“I can’t let him do this.” I thought to myself.
As the crystal got brighter I tried to use my magic, but it much more difficult than before and I failed.
“Don’t bother trying to use magic, without your sword or armor you’re basically the same as you were before.” Darkblood said.
The crystal shot a beam of light into the middle of my chest.
“AAHH” was all I could say, the pain was so intense, it felt like he was melting my insides.
“Don’t worry, after I’m done, I’ll put you out of your misery.” Darkblood said.
The pain got worse and worse as the light got brighter, I knew I had to try to get out of there but it was extremely hard to use simple magic without my sword, I knew that if I tried to teleport it would be harmful to me but I had no choice.
I tried to concentrate but the pain was just so intense, I felt myself starting to black out.
“No, if I go out I won’t be able to get back to Equstria and help them.” I thought to myself.
The crystal’s beam began to fade and the pain began to stop.
“Finally, at long last I have the key to domination.” Darkblood said.
I tried again to teleport, I felt the energy flow through me but it was difficult to release it out to the surrounding world. I kept on storing my power; it began to hurt because I couldn’t release it but I know that after I had enough stored it would burst out and I could teleport.
“Now, how to dispose of you?” Darkblood asked.
I finally felt the magic escaping and there was a large flash. I knew that this was likely the end of my human life but I didn’t care, if I didn’t use the magic I would be dead anyways.
Twilight’s POV:
“I-I can’t believe he’s gone…” Princess Luna said.
“Me neither.” Apple Jack said.
“Maybe he defeated him.” Pinkie Pie said.
“No… Mist said he would most likely be destroyed if he used magic… and if he didn’t use magic he wouldn’t have had a chance. Besides, I’d rather have him dead then tortured for the rest of his life by Darkblood.” I said still crying, I wasn’t even trying to hold back at this point, the one colt/human/ whatever you want to call him, is dead.
“Well maybe-
Was all Rarity could say before Princess Celestia cut her off.
“It’s best if we don’t look for false hope.” Princess Celestia said.
“You’re right it’s just… I can’t imagine living without him.” Rarity said.
“I know, he was a great to friend to all of us.” Princess Celestia said.
We all stayed around for a while and mourned the death of Shadow; Apple Jack suggested holding a memorial for him on Sweet Apple Acers tomorrow.
“We should hold a memorial for Shadow at Sweet Apple Acers tomorrow.” Apple Jack suggested.
“That’s a great idea.” Princess Celestia said
We all agreed to meet there wearing black to honor him, we were each supposed to write a speech about him and how he affected our lives while he stayed with us.
“I think I’m going to go home and rest and think about what I’m going to say about Shadow.” I said.
“Ok. In fact, I think all of you should go and get some rest.” Princess Celestia said.
We all agreed and went home.
All I could think about was Shadow, Was it possible that he defeated Darkblood and returned to his home world? What if he beat him and got teleported somewhere and lost all of his memories.
“It’s killing me that I don’t know what happened, for all I know he could be alive.” I said to myself.
“I wish I could at least confirm that he was dead.” I thought.
The night was long, it was very difficult to fall asleep, I drifted off several times but then woke from night mares I had from possible outcomes of the battle. I finally managed to fall asleep around 2:00am.
In Darkblood’s lair:
“He’s gone!” Darkblood yelled.
“How could he have teleported, he was in terrible condition, even if he could project his magic that was a very difficult spell.” He hollered.
“This means I will have to begin Anti-Shadow’s Training as soon as possible.” Darkblood said as he grabbed the crystal from the table and began to Chant some words.
The crystal began to glow again and there was a form beginning to appear.
A green and red colt then appeared, it was the appearance of Shadow when he enchanted himself.
“Hello Anti-Shadow, welcome home.” Darkblood said.
“Thank you… master.” The colt replyed.