• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 1,995 Views, 109 Comments

Madness vs. Discord. Stallion vs Mare - lillytheomegawolf



Equestria gets trolled by the craziest duo ever as Discord teams up with Sheogorath.

  • ...
8
 109
 1,995

Chapter 4: Impending Tide of chaos

A small traveling group of flying two chariots pulled by awkward looking female pegasi guardspoines sped across the sky toward Ponyville. Close by Rainbow Dash flew with Fluttershy in his slipstream. Luna held a still recovering Twilight as he too powered along through the air. In the first chariot Spike was doing her level best to comfort Purity. Applejack and a rather bouncy Bubble Berry shared the other chariot. Bubble Berry would swipe chocolate rainclouds and floating candy out of the sky while Applejack gazed at the farmland around Ponyville with concern.

As they drew near, Pound Cake appeared in a poof of magic in the air between the two chariots. Bubble Berry was quick to notice and shot out from his perch like a canonball. The stallion grabbed the golden yellow unicorn foal, impacted with a bounce on a cloud below and with a spinning motion landed back on the chariot beside a rather confused Applejack.

“Wha- how?” The farmer managed, his eyes wide.

Bubble giggled as he placed the dizzy tiny colt down between his forehooves. “Can we please make a quick stop off in Ponyville? There will be two worried parents down there.”

“Right!” One of the guards squeaked.

“Did thou know that foal was about to appear?” Luna asked as he flew closer.

“Yeppers,” Bubble nodded briskly. “My Bubble sense bubbled and tingled and then everything went really sparkly. That’s how I knew!”

“But how did ya do that thing where you bounced off a cloud?” Applejack asked.

The pink stallion shrugged. “I just did. Easy.”

The other stallion’s shared a confused look but put the episode behind them as the pegasus guards began to descend. As the chariots touched down near Twilight’s library Bubble Berry leapt out and rushed to the gender swapped Cake parents who were quick to smother their little girl- now boy in kisses and hugs. Bubble Berry found himself pulled in for a hug too.

Luna touched down slowly, placed his precious load on the road then stood awkwardly in the middle of the street with Twilight by his side. Both stallion’s nervously eyed the citizens of the town as they took a knee in reverence of their prince.

Delighted with a successful mission, Bubble Berry bounced happily back to his ride as though nothing were wrong. Along the way he snagged a floating bottle and it filled itself with chocolate milk. The pink stallion took his place beside Applejack, who he was quick to lean upon. “You’re like- a super good friend Applejackie. You know that?”

“Uh... yeah?” The farmer replied slowly.

“You want some of my chocolate milk?”

An orange head shook side to side. “Na. Ah’m good. Thank you.”

“Okie!” Pinkie chugged the lot then allowed the bottle to continue upon its merry way.

“Villagers! Hear me now! Your Prince Luna and our heroes are at your service! We have identified the source of the gender-conflict and are about to confront the perpetrators. Is there anypony willing to offer us help?”

A slight shuffling of hooves was heard in the silence. This was less than surprising as they had not expected any to be eager to help anyway. It seemed that few ponies were feeling brave in such a chaotic new Equestria.

A voice rang out from within the crowd. “You and Princess Celestia can save us! Why do you need our help!?!”

Twilight considered for a moment, before he then spoke up on Luna’s behalf, “That’s because even our Princesses...sorry, our Princes, can’t do this alone. As powerful as they are, even they need help sometimes. And we all work together to keep Equestria safe! With the power of all of us, helping in all kinds of ways, big and small, we can make a difference! We can help this along if we just all put our efforts into it! Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have always been able to prosper with all of us, and they work with us too!”

Mr Cake stepped forward, presenting herself to the scholarly unicorn. “Well I know I won’t be any good out there with you. But my wife and I can still help by making something for the road for you and your friends.”

“Oh! Cake!” Bubble Berry knew the right moment to appear, startling everypony else. “I love cake! Do you have any wonderful cake ready for the road?”

“Yes Bubble Berry, I think we might. You will know where to find it.” The mare replied to her, smiling kindly.

“Thanks Mr Cake!” Bubble Berry exclaimed then zapped off down the road.

“That’s great, Mr. Cake!” Twilight praised. “That’s exactly what I mean!”

A sudden crash was heard from above and a muliti-coloured pile of stallion fell from the roof of Twilight’s library. Blitz lept up, angrily shaking himself off. “Sorry everypony! Still getting used to these new wings!” He strode over to stand next to the two horned ponies who were trying to lead the meeting.

An embarrassed looking Fluttershy landed behind him, quickly making his way back to his friends.

“Hey, there you are, Fluttershy!” Blitz cheered up upon seeing his friend there. “I didn’t think you’d catch up!”

“U-Um...sorry...” Fluttershy squeaked, hiding behind his mane.

“Don’t worry darling. We’re all a little embarrassed here.” Purity played with his mane as he sulked.

Twilight smiled at the sight of his friends. He had not noticed Rainbow Blitz sneak off with Fluttershy, but he was glad they were back now. The purple stallion took a deep breath then turned to once again address the crowd. “I think it would be best that you all band together and look out for each other. With Discord on the loose, it’s impossible to tell what’s going to happen next.”

Frightened murmurs ripped through the assembled townsponies.

"That sounds like a plan Twilight.' Mayor Mare replied, hopeful that the scholar would continue to have all the answers his townsponies required.

“Then let us by on our way,” Prince Luna nodded to the guards in signal for them to take to the skies. When the purple stallion continued to linger by his side, the prince picked up his precious Twilight in his forehooves as he led the way into the skies.

Rainbow Dash snickered at the sight, ganced at Fluttershy then scooped his yellow buddy up. Fluttershy ‘eeped!’ and blushed but allowed himself to be carried this time as they headed for the Everfree forest.

Bubble Berry appeared with two cakes just in time to board his ride beside Applejack. The farmer scooted out of the way of the large cakes as the two pegasi pulling their chariots took to the skies after the alicorn.

The townsponies watched for as long as they could before their heroes vanished into the sky. With great care, those who still had ground bound homes were quick to vacate the crazy outdoors.


With a teacup in one hand, Discord picked up an ornate looking chess piece. The imprecisely carved model matched the warped design of the board as well as the other pieces scattered about. Some pieces were hard to the touch while others had the consistency of jelly. Madmen’s chess was living up to its description, nothing was as it seemed and yet one foul move could spell disaster. Despite winning all the games so far, Discord still felt a sense of unease sitting alongside his enjoyment from partaking in such a game.

“Speak ye’ pathetic excuse fer a chaos lord! Wha’ is yer’ terms!” Sheogorath maniacally laughed, carelessly placing a half full wine glass upon the playing field. Said ornate glass warped out of existence as soon as it’s master left it alone upon the dangerous set.

“I get to rule Equestria. You will still be the big bad boss, but I get to be in charge of this world,” The draconequus replied, placing his warped chess piece aggressively upon the board.

“If ah’ win, then... hmm... Ah’ll banish you to the most evil, despicable, and putrid realm ever created... fer’ five minutes.”

“What would that be, my Madness?” Discord grinned eagerly back, feeling a sense of imminent victory as he eyed up the board, already scheming his next move.

“Th’ realm of the Twilight Saga!” The Deadra looked all too pleased with himself at the wild and cruel idea.

Discord cowered at the thought, “I must win! For if there was a world worse than Purgatory, the universe you speak of claims the title!” It certainly sounded like an unusual place.

“Must ye’ Nao?” The maniac promptly made his move, no apparent thought given to placement of the dark knight.

“This is why you lost last time, master.”

“Ah’ why might that be?”

“This is why.” The grinning draconequus took the knight with warped pawn from across the board. The Knight exploded into tiny pieces, reappearing as 4 pawns, boxing in the conquering chess piece.

Time appeared to freeze for a moment as Discord stared at the impossible play. His opponent grinned gamely at him, shrugging the move off.

“Ye’ were sayin’?” the madman leaned forward, making his next move before laughing in the face of his surprised adversary. “Remember Discord. Ah’ like mah’ game filled with jus’ a hint o’ madness.”

Discord grinned back, reclining upon his tree. “Okay. You got me there. But I’ll still win again.” Exuding confidence, the draconequus continued his play.

They continued in silence, both parties feeling supremely confident in their own abilities. Move after move flowed from the two lords of chaos as they fought for control over the crazy broad.

Soon the game reached its climax. Sheogorath paused as he reached out for a piece. The madman sat back up and grinned like a sly wolf. The chessboard removed itself from their presence before they could finish. “Surely ye mus’ know wha’ time this be right Dis?”

Said draconequus smiled smugly back. “Yes.” With delight written all across his warped body, Discord pulled off a small flip before teleporting away.

Sheogorath grinned evilly to himself. “Ah’ ain’t gonna let ye win tha’ easily yet again.” Pulling out his Wabbajack, he blasted the small cloud he was recalling upon. It teleported away, in hot pursuit of his trickster of a gaming partner.

Discord was the first to arrive at the new location, hovering above the city of Manehatten. “Oh this is absolutely wonderful!” He clapped his forepaw and claw together in excitement, pulling up a cotton candy cloud to reline upon. “Now we get to visit the inhabitants of yet another city. Who knows what fun I may have here!”

With a loud bang, Discord’s chaotic chess partner appeared alongside him earning an excited look from the keen player. “Ah see ye’re ready ta’ go there ya’ eager excuse fer a draconequus. Oh wait...” He thought carefully to himself for a moment, contemplating his crazy words. The mad man caught sight of his companion gazing down at the city below. “Ye can get ta’ ‘ave some fun after ye’ beat me.”

“That can be arranged.” The draconequus rolled back his imaginary sleeves, preparing for the mad game to continue.

Slowly returning to reality between them was the elusive game board itself. “An’ ‘ere she is...” Sheogorath caressed the apparition of madness idly.

Both lords could feel it, victory. Discord shuddered with glee, his next win was within his grasp. Sheogorath slowly reached for his next chosen chess piece, settling down for the game upon his cloud as he did so. Both manics laughed as the rook tumbled through a warp hole that appeared on the board. “Well at least that wasn’t mah’ King.” Joked Sheogorath before laughing as an explosion rang out from below followed by screams of the ponies below.

“I look forward to ruling this land. These ponies need to be taught the meaning of madness.” Discord continued his advance upon the game board, the taste of victory upon his lips. It tasted like a soft cotton candy cloud, freshly squeezed.


The mane six, plus Luna, Celestia-crab and Spike landed in a clearing on a cliff deep in the bounds of the Everfree Forest.

“The evildooers, they were here.” Luna exclaimed as he set Twilight down. The prince scanned the sky, thoroughly annoyed that there was a lack of bad guys up there.

“Should I use my spell again?” Twilight asked softly.

“Nay, we may yet need thy magic to combat this diabolic force.” Luna replied.

Bubble Berry giggled as he dismounted from the chariot. He bounced over to the prince, “How many times do we adventure monthly? Oh, but now we have Luna with us! How awesome is that? Bro-hoof Luna!”

Bubble Berry buzzed beside the downtrodden prince who simply gave him a guarded look in return. “Luna! Bro! Hoof! Come on silly! Hit me right here!” The pink bundle of joy bounded into the air, trying his darndest to encourage the alicorn.

“What is this ‘bro-hoof’ thou speakest of?” Luna asked. His eyes slowly lit up like an innocent toddler.

“It’s easy! Just like this! Hold out your hoof!” Luna followed Bubble’s instructions and awaited for a response. “Okay Luna, now just stay still.”

Bubble knocked the hoof hard. “Bro. Hoof. See?”

Bubble Berry grinned at the prince for a moment. With no response forthcoming from the thoughtful stallion, the pink bubbly pony sprung up like a giant spring.

“I shall try myself.” Luna exhaled softly. The energetic pony immediately held out a hoof. The prince did his best to smile as he sent his hoof thundering down onto the pink offering, recoiling the stallion several feet backward. “Haha, the bro-hoof has been doubled!”

“Prince,” Twilight asked. “Are you ready for this? I mean... magically. No offense to Purity, but we are the strongest mages here. And if this ‘Sheogorath’ could beat Celestia so easily, then we need to make sure we are ready as a team.”

“Right Twilight Sparkle! Come nightfall if we have not vanquished this demon, we shall practice our moves when everypony is resting.” The noble alicorn declared, becoming visibly excited.

“Hehe, that sounded dirty,” Bubble Berry snorted.

“Bubble!” Twilight roared.

The royal alicorn turned in confusion to the bouncing bundle of joy. “We are in agreeance with Twilight Sparkle. We shall be clean during our magical unison acts!”

Twilight facehoofed. “Look Prince... Pinkie was implying something else. You know, not appropriate for ordinary conversation. Something... you know?” The lavender stallion hoped that he would not have to continue that sentence.

However, the prince now wore a look of confusion, feeling lost in the conversation. “We are not sure we understand.”

Twilight withheld a strong sigh of annoyance, trying once more. “Something between two ponies?”

“Informal and formal greeting style?” Luna was clearly still perplexed.

Twilight resisted the urge to facehoof once more. He decided the only remaining option was spell it out for his friend. “Sexual. Pin- Bubble Berry said that sounded sexual...”

The alicorn almost exploded as he realised Twilight’s meaning. “WE ASK THAT THOU NEVER SPEAKEST OF THOSE WORDS AGAIN! IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ROYAL CANTERLOT CODE, THOU MUST NEVER IMPLY SUCH!” The Royal Canterlot voice rang off the mount and through the valley below scaring birds out of the floating trees.

“Sorry Prince. That’s just Bubble Berry...” Twilight trailed off, wincing from the sudden change in volume.

“What, you’ll just be two dudes knocking about in the dark,” the party pony re-interjected bouncing around happily, choosing to be unaware of the annoyance he was causing his friends.

Rather than deal with the cheeky pony any more, Twilight chose to storm off. The uncomfortable alicorn briskly followed in a huff.

Undeterred, Bubble Berry glanced around for a few seconds before spotting another pair. “Applejack and Purity. Now there’s a funny pair!”

Spike glared at the party pony and latched onto the pure white foreleg of her oh so secret crush.

Grinning, Bubble Berry bounced toward the trio, his energetic presence demanding attention. “What do you guys think about Luna and Twilight? The best pair ever? Nah’, I think that goes to Dashie and Flutters. But they are so cute! Oh, I should bake them a cake!”

“But Pink- Bubble. They aint a couple.” Applejack interjected. “An... speakin’ with honesty, I think ya’ should just be quiet for awhile.”

“No silly. What fun would that be?” The pink party animal failed to see where his friends were coming from and he continued to bound around the pair.

Purity spoke up, putting in an effort of his own to get rid of the pink annoyance. “Dear, please leave us alone. You’re not making our lives any easier at the moment.” The alabaster unicorn ran a hoof through his mane, turning his attention inwards. “Oh I can’t wait to get back to my shop. This mane needs a lot of work.”

The pink ex-mare bounded toward Fluttershy and Rainbow Blitz. The two ponies whose personal space he invaded, stared at the happy earth pony. “You know what I think?”

Rainbow Blitz sighed, “what?”

“I think my buddy Sheo moved his little game with Discord.” 


“But I thought Twilight’s spell was like, undetectable or whatever...” Blitz shot back.

“Maybe they thought it would be more fun to move, or maybe they totally knew we were watching?”

Fluttershy and Rainbow Blitz glanced at each other, neither liked the second option but the first could lead to an extended game of cat and mouse. Fluttershy hunkered down a bit, unhappy with the prospect of being away from his critters for a long period of time.


“Ah’ see ye’ have victory on yer’ mind.”

“Yes.” The cunning of a serpent leaked from the lord of voice as a claw placed his next piece.

With a grin, relishing the moment, the eternal madman slapped his next chess piece into place. “Well tha’ is misfortunate... becaus’ checkmate!”

“NO!” Discord jumped up, instantly fired up by rage.

Before the draconequus could further react, he vanished, forced by the rules of the cruel game to temperately dwell in the realm of the Twilight Saga.

“Ah’ weel. He’ll be back.” Sheogroath nonchalantly kicked the mushroom game board out of existence, grinning to himself. “Nao... Ah’ wonder if that pink rascal remembers me.”

The regal madman pulled out his wabbajack. Pointing it at the cloud he sat on, firing a quick blast off. “No. Not tha’ one.” He laughed as the vaporous substance turned into a mammoth.

As the woolly creature and it’s rider plummeted toward the ground the laughing Deadra send another blast into his ride. The mammoth turned into a mouse. Another blast of deadric magic lit the sky, the mouse turned into a mighty blood dragon. Sheogroath was absolutely delighted! He had just found an excellent ride.

“This be more like it! Fly me beauty!”

The ancient rage filled creature gave a roar, opening its wings and twisting its head around to face it’s madman of a rider.

“If ye don’ like it, Ah’ll turn ye inta somethin’ else... But if ye be good... Ah’ll let ye taste some ponies!” He let the threat hang in the air like his wabajack, poised at the ready.

The creature gave a snort and flew onwards happy enough with the prospect of getting to kill something else first.

“Right, now where was ah’....” He gazed around for a few moments, lost in his own thoughts as they wandered across multiple galaxies. “Equestria... Hmm.... Wait ah know!” You could almost see the light bulb turn on above his head as he grinned manically to himself. “Ah need ta see tha’ Pinkie Pie... Ah do believe she owes me a favor or two...”


A soft roar was heard in the distance. Fluttershy panicked, rushing into the nearest bush cover, quaking in fear. Despite how far away the sound seemed, it was the low evil rumble gave away the intent. Something dangerous was now present in the normally peaceful lands of Equestria.

Strong hooves wrapped around the quaking pegasus and before he knew it, he found himself receiving a soft peck on the nose before being placed back on the ground. He gazed hopefully up into the eyes of his helper.

“There you go Flutters.”

“R-Rainbow...” Fluttershy squeaked, looking at the strong pegasus with wide eyes.

“Who else?” The cyan stallion grinned back. “Sounds like we have ourselves a dragon!” He sounded all too eager at the thought.

“Meeeeeeeeep!!!” Fluttershy squealed in fright, holding to Rainbow Blitz tightly, burying his face in his neck. “N-N-N-N-No! I was afraid of that!”

“It’s okay. It sounds like it’s far away. If he comes any closer... I’ll kick his flank into next week.” Blitz declared with the utmost confidence.

A little whimper sounded from the quivering yellow pony.

“Yes but what if that dragon has a rider on it and that rider just happens to be carrying a Wabbajack?!” Bubble Berry burst into the private moment, bounding around with far too much joy for his implications.

“Oh! Then I might get to meet Sheo again! How cool would that be!?!” The bubbly party pony clapped his forehooves together, delighted with himself.

Fluttershy wasn’t sure what to feel then. More scared than anything, but there was also a feeling of annoyance at having his little moment disturbed. “That’s nice, Pinkie...”

“So yea... we should prepare a nice BIG welcome party for him!” The party pony continued bouncing around, adding streamers to the mix.

“Great idea, now-” Blitz began but was cut off by the pink pony spazzing out. 

The three stallions all gazed at the pink tail that continued to twitch erratically.

Bubble Berry gazed at the two pegasi with wide eyes. “Woah, my Pinkie-Now-Turned-Bubble senses are doing something crazy! We have to go now! We are about to have a visitor!”

“Visitor?” Blitz asked as Bubble Berry attempted to shove both pegasi toward Applejack and Purity.

“Well you see...” Bubble gave a harder shove, this time dislodging the pair, “the last time my body acted this weirdly.... He pointed to his still twitching tail. It meant that my buddy Sheo was coming to get me. This time I bet he’s on a big ol’ nasty beastie and headed right this way so we need to go right now!” The warning was followed by the party pony looking like he wanted to explode with tension. Instead he bolted off and appeared moments later with a shocked Twilight and Luna.

Blitz fought to keep his quaking yellow friend under control as the rest of the group quickly assembled in the middle of the clearing. A very serious looking Bubble Berry stepped into the middle of the group. “Guys! Big and I mean HUGE change of plans!”

The normally ecstatic party pony looked both terrified and excited. “Sheogorath is coming this way! My Pinkie-turned-Bubble senses are telling me he’s on his Wabbajack made ride and his pet dragon will try to eat us and that will be very very bad! So we need to move! NOW!”

“Move where?” Twilight asked, tapping his friend. “Where should we be headed?”

The party pony frantically glanced around their rather plain forest surrounds. The most exciting thing was the cliff that led to the forest floor below. “Well we need to get someplace that only Sheogorath will find us. Someplace like a cave or something big enough to throw a great big party but small enough to stop a dragon from coming in! So let's go already!”

Full of energy, the bouncy party pony took off, desperate to evade capture for the time being.

Twilight was, however, still confused. “So, we’re going to a place where the enemy is going to find us...so we can avoid his...Wabbajack pet...? I’m not seeing the better alternative here.”

To answer his question, the pink pony zipped up to the lavender stallion, meeting him forehead to forehead. “Yes. Because you and Luna need to beat Discord but first my buddy Sheo is on his way alone! He is even crazier than Discord. Lets go!” He was off again, without giving a moment's notice for Twilight to recover.

“W-What...” Twilight looked around at his friends, blinking his eyes. “I’m still lost here. I thought they were together...”

“Ah hear ya, sugarcube...” Applejack mumbled, shaking his head. “Ah ain’t got no idea what we gotta do.”

“I suppose the best we can do is just follow him...” Purity sighed. “We’re not getting anywhere with any of this.”

“You guys go ahead, I’ll stay here and guard this... place.” Fluttershy volunteered, slinking away, clearly not wanting to come face to face with the big bad guy or his monster.

“Come on, Bubbles said we need to go right now!” Urged Twilight as he pawed at the ground, desperate to follow after his spastic friend.

“Come on Fluttershy. Fly with me!” Blitz added his urging to the mix, hoping to get his cowering friend off the ground as the rest of the group galloped off after Bubble Berry.

Another roar echoed through the hills. This angry sound was much closer than the previous roar. Fluttershy seemed to teleport in fear, latching onto the airborne Blitz who almost crashed into a flying rock with the impact.

Taking the opportunity, as annoying as his friend was becoming, the speedster took off like a rocket in search of a cave. “You know Fluttershy...” He cast a glance down at his clingy companion, annoyance written all over his cyan face. “No offense here but you really need to grow a pair...”

Fluttershy just looked away, unable to respond to that. Knowing that he was right, not to mention irritated with him now, he felt all the courage he could’ve had just melt away like a snowflake in a furnace.

Despite the extra weight, Rainbow Blitz quickly found a small cave and rushed back to his friends who were thankfully headed in the right direction. “Guys! I found a cave!”

“Is it big enough for a great big party?” Bubble eagerly asked.

“No.”

Another roar.

Blitz grunted as Fluttershy clutched even tighter. “Now. Let’s go!”

Bubble Berry laughed as he bounded along behind the impatient pegasus, he couldn’t believe that he was finally getting to meet the eternally crazy Daedric prince of Madness once more. He knew that it would be a crazy meeting, a very fun one too, at least for himself. He only hoped that Sheogorath remembered him.

“This is going to be GREAT!” The excited party pony cried out before dashing toward a cave up ahead.

Author's Note:

Updated June 19 2020

Big updates. I took a lot of things out from the origonal story and now I think the flow of the story is better.

If you're interested in reading some extras that were taken out from this chapter, I have posted the main parts I took out in:
https://www.fimfiction.net/chapter/1418554
That outtakes chapter is mostly consisting of the shippy moments that I felt dragged on and were not really needed to propel the story forward.

Here's hoping for a new chapter soon :pinkiehappy:
I have plans...
its taken years. But I finally have plans...

Comments ( 9 )

"Pinkie Pie and the Wobbajack"
Make it happen, people! :pinkiehappy:

1850056 You never know... :scootangel: I'm looking forward to something coming up with that mare.

1850904 I'm getting a broken link... :unsuresweetie:

1851197 hmm not sure why its appearing on my screen i just have to hit a plus sign left of a link

yes yes YES YES YES YES! I WAN MOAR! :flutterrage: SHEO! MY FAVORITE OF DEITIES EVER. and Discord. MY SECOND FAVORITE GOD OF CHAOS AND MADNESS! IT CAN'T BE AWFUL THAT MUCH! GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!

1894954 Well there's going to be plenty more of those two in the next chapter. Maybe now I'll have to get to it sooner then :pinkiehappy:

this is totally random in a good way:pinkiehappy:

Curious though what would happen if Pinkie Bubble Berry Pie pulled an extra Wabbajack outta his/her mane? Think Sheogorath would challenge her to a Wabbajack contest? Also why doesnt he mention Dedra can be summoned?

Login or register to comment