• Published 29th Jun 2023
  • 793 Views, 14 Comments

Exchange - Jade Ring



Flash Sentry gets home from work and Sunset Shimmer is acting strange. What's gotten into the former villain?

  • ...
8
 14
 793

Alternate Ending #1

She smiled and nodded, her fingers joining in at the work below. "Thank you. For putting up with me. I love you."

"I love you, too."

"I know. Now... do you mind if we do this in the shower? I'm kind of running late and Rarity's already blowing my phone up."

He shrugged as his pants hit the floor. "Hey, whatever's best for you honey. I'm easy." She leaned in to kiss him, and his eight arms wrapped around her to pull her closer.

Sunset stiffened, then looked up into her boyfriend's face. She stared into his eyes.

All eight of them.

The King of the Spiders chittered at her from inside the skin that had but moments ago belonged to the man she loved.

Sunset screamed as she was yanked into the bathroom, and the door slammed shut behind her.

An eerie silence settled on the apartment, save for a barely audible whir as Sunset Shimmer was coated in a very different sticky white fluid than she'd been expecting.

Author's Note:

Marked as #1 because I genuinely don't know how many of these there might be.

Comments ( 3 )

Yikes. That is one heck of a creepy alternate ending. Though given the kind of supernatural shenanigans Sunset and her friends have encountered, a mutated spider seems to be about par for the course. And, obviously, that spider bit Flash causing him to mutate.

A second possible alternate ending: Flash is OUTWARDLY unchanged, but has gained a degree of superhuman strength (albeit less than Applejack's level) and speed (albeit less than Rainbow Dash's level) as well as agility, a precognitive danger sense and the ability to adhere to and walk on walls and ceilings. With Sunset mentioning "Hopefully, he learns that with great power must also come great responsibility - BEFORE anybody else ends up paying the price."


Whoops. Sorry about that. Got caught up in my thoughts.

I know which book she's talking about. "Needful Things" by the Master of Horror, Stephen King. It's one of my favorites.

Poor Sunset, but that's always the risk of dating an Australian. Their skin walkers are spiders.

Login or register to comment