• Published 15th Jan 2021
  • 13,982 Views, 334 Comments

Spike's Sacrifice - 1jckuhn



When the villains seem to have the Mane 6 in their sight and victory is withiin their grasp, Spike makes a decision that turns the tables, but at what cost? More importantly, how will all his close friends deal with it?

  • ...
29
 334
 13,982

BONUS CHAPTER: 20 Years Later

Author's Note:

Surprise! Thought this story was complete? Well, now it is, but I figured why not drop a little surprise on all of you? Enjoy. This Chapter will take a different path on The Last Problem. Sorry, if I couldn't get all the details of the Mane 6's future appearances right.

20 YEARS LATER: PRESENT DAY

20 years later, Twilight was paid a visit by her new student, Luster Dawn, because she had a few questions about what was the true meaning of friendship and what was the point of it all. To help her out, Twilight, who had just mastered the spell that shows her friends and herself to Spike on the heaven portal, had gathered all her friends together, Cozy and Cobalt included, to tell Luster the story of how Spike saved Equestria in exchange of his own life. They believed this story was just the thing to help Luster back on the right path, because they could all use the lessons they learned from Spike's sacrifice and pass it on down to her. They had also gotten a hold of Spike on the heaven portal, because they felt he knew exactly what to say to fully help her back on the right path.

Physically, Twilight now looked almost exactly like Princess Celestia She wore a golden crown, a golden breastplate, and four golden shoes for her hooves. However, not much had changed about the others physically. Rainbow Dash now wore a Wonderbolt jacket and her rainbow-colored mane was now sticking up, resembling a mohawk. Rarity's mane and tail now had a grey stripe running dow the middle of it and she wore a large, blue fur coat with a white collar. Applejack now wore a bandana on her neck with apples printed on it and her blonde tail was braided. Pinkie Pie's mane was in a giant poof on the back of her head. She had also married Cheese Sandwich and they now had a son named Li'l Cheese. He had a yellow coat with bubblegum pink mane that was poofy like his mother's and Fluttershy's mane was in a pony tail. Cozy now wore a sunhat and a vest, but her mane remained the same as it did 20 years ago. Cobalt wore the same baseball hat, just in a bigger size and he had a small goatee. His mane, like Cozy's, remined the same.

"And that, Luster Dawn, is the story of how Spike saved Equestria," Twilight Sparke finished.

"Wow," Luster Dawn said. "I guess friendship really is magic. Spike was a true hero that day."

"Heh," Spike chuckled on the heaven portal. "Well, it wasn't really that hard for me to choose. My friends were in trouble and I wasn't about to leave them hanging. It was so much more than just saving my six best friends. I had made friends with other rulers of different species. There was Ember, who's walls I successfully melted and I had helped throne her the new Dragon Lord. Then there was Thorax, who's kind was originally feared due to them sucking love from creatures so their Queen and they could feed off of it in their hive. When I saw, Cozy, Tirek, and Chrysalis powering up that blast and seeing my friends' horrified looks thinking that was it for them, the thought of not just them, but also every creature in Equestria, dying or submitting at the hands of those power-hungry fiends hit me like a loaded freight train. It motivated me to throw everything aside just for them. I explicitly remember all my pain suddenly dissapearing and every thing moved about a mile an hour in my eyes."

"Just goes to show you what type of person Spike is," Rainbow Dash said. "Lightning Dust even told me the kid's got enough guts to become a washout."

"Quite right, Rainbow," Rarity added. "Spike does do everything he can to please us."

"But why did you forgive Cozy Glow?" Luster asked. "I understand she was mentally-ill at the time, but certainly I would've never met anyone who would've forgiven someone who tried to kill them."

Cozy winced slightly. Even though she had been on the right path for over 20 years, reminders of when she was evil still hurt her deeply.

"Ah, that," Spike said. "I was watching over every single event from up above in the heavens and I overheard Tirek confessing to Twilight of how he met and manipulated Cozy. It filled me with anger and disgust hearing it. Yet, at the same time, I realized that Cozy was not a bad pony, she was an emotionally broken pony who was drug down the wrong path by someone who was determined to bring us to our knees by any means nessasary. While I was thinking that, another thought hit me. When we were interrogating Tirek in Tartarus, we should've pressed him further and make him crack about how exactly he had met Cozy. There's no doubt in my mind that if we went with that option, Cozy would've been reformed sooner, the Legion would've been a lot weaker, and we would've had a lot less carnage. When we sent her to Tartarus, I believed that made straddle the line between insane and normal. Then I was suddenly summoned here by Luna and Celestia because they mastered a spell that was originally thought to have been a myth for thousands of years. They filled me in on what happened and told them not to charge Cozy Glow with anything because I believed that I could reach into her and reveal the good in her. I wanted to talk to her personally. When I did see her, not only did she seem remorseful, but I could, no joke, see her soul in those scarlet eyes and it seemed broken. Cozy had promised me that she'd be a better pony, and true to her word, she did. She passed all her classes with flying colors. Twilight even said it was as if she knew as much about friendship as she did. She didn't go to school alone, however, her best friend, Cobalt Blitz, also went with her, just make sure that she would be okay. By the end of her first day back at school, I knew, without a doubt I had made the right call with forgiving her. There's a lesson to be learned from Cozy, Luster. You may meet someone who's a bully and may try to act tough on the outside, but on the inside, they may act like that because they are broken or, like Cozy, were drug down the wrong path and extorted for someone else's nefarious purposes."

Cozy felt tears of pride welling up in her eyes. 20 years later and Spike's opinion of her had never soured. She still vividly remembered seeing Spike's soul when she first looked into his eyes at the hospital.

"I saw Spike's soul in his eyes too," Cozy added. "It was literally looking right at me and silently saying, "You're going to be okay, now. I promise"."

Luster was amazed.

"Wow," she said. "I really hope I meet someone just like Spike. He could really guide me through all hard times with ease. Before I met all of you, I never thought about friendship being something to work at, and I don't mind work. I guess if they don't have to fade away, maybe making friends isn't the waste of time I thought. But I've been so focused on my studies, I wouldn't know where to start."

"That's all right, because I know exactly where to send you," Twilight said kindly. "It's a little place called Ponyville. There, I too learned the true meaning of friendship. I have no doubt in my mind that it will do the same for you too."

***

The Magic of Friendship grows

[ Twilight Sparkle]

When I started out, I was unsure
I thought I knew all that I needed, didn't know what to expect
But when my walls came down, I saw the truth
All along something was missing
And I think you'll see it, too

This is where the magic happens
This is where the magic lives
Our friendships weave together stronger
The bonds grow deeper, lasting longer
And the greatest spell you'll know
Is how the Magic of Friendship grows

[ Pinkie Pie]

And no matter how much time goes by
The party will still be here with some fun new games to try

[ Rainbow Dash]

Big adventure's waiting obviously
Long as we're still here together
We'll be flying happily

[Twilight, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash]

This is where the magic happens (where the magic happens)
This is where the magic lives (where the magic lives)
Our friendships weave together stronger
The bonds grow deeper, lasting longer
And the greatest spell there is
What the Magic of Friendship gives

[ Applejack]

And it's somethin' true to pass on down
To generations yet to come

[ Rarity]

And we'll never stop believing in
The generosity of the friendships we've won

[ Fluttershy]

And because the love that I feel
For every single living creature is something that is real
Friendship happens so naturally

[ Twilight Sparkle]

Oh, and how I used to wonder

[Choir]

(Ahhh-ahhh-ahhh...)

[ Twilight Sparkle]

What friendship could be!

[All]

This is where the magic happens (where the magic happens)
This is where the magic lives (where the magic lives)
Our friendships weave together stronger
The bonds grow deeper, lasting longer
And the greatest spell you'll know (you'll know)
Is how the Magic of Friendship grows

[ Twilight Sparkle]

How the Magic of Friendship grows

TIME SKIP

The Element Bearers, Cozy, Cobalt, Luster, and Spike were now in Ponyville and were getting ready to send Luster off.

Twilight and Luster parted ways after they gave each other a quick nuzzle. Luster ran off to join her friends, but not before waving goodbye to the Twilight, her friends, and angel dragon. She seemed to be fitting in just fine already.

"She's learning quick," Spike said.

"Yep," Rainbow Dash said. "Just like Twilight."

THE END (for real this time)

Comments ( 77 )

What happened to Chrysalis and Tirek though? Like their exact fates just happened off-screen like that?
(Like I said before, executing them is terrible due to they are essentially carrying out Discord's intention on disposing of his "pawns". Even if Chrysalis and Tirek nearly killed everyone, its Discord's fault they ended up like that. He manipulated them to go off the deep end further)


While its heartwarming to see how are the others are doing after the timeskip. Its disappointing we don't see Luna and Celestia, which was a big issue in the episode of the show. Their dumb retirement is what led all of that to happen and yet the show writers didn't bother showing us how are the sisters doing post-timeskip? It makes their sendoff even more crappy.

This was a pretty good ending for a pretty good story I think.
Though not liking how Luna and Celestia weren't shown(and how they brushed off their failures big time) and how things look like they went for Chrysalis there..

10740021
At the end of chapter 5, Tirek and Chrysalis are sentenced to death, but it happened off-screen because one character had already been killed and I was trying to keep this story at a PG-13 level.

Like Nightshroud said.
What happened to them?

10740034
Celetia and Luna, or Tirek and Chrysalis?

10740038
never mind I saw your reply....
I 'll disembark here.
wish you inspiration and luck with your stories...

10740032
That's seriously bad.
Like I said its carrying out the terrible intention of Discord's plan of using them as disposable pawns and getting rid of them.
Its just wrong they've been executed like that. Even if they caused someone to die and cause terror, its DISCORD's fault they ended up like this. He manipulated them and intended on using them as pawns not caring what happens to them.
He manipulated them and made them even worse. Chrysalis could have been saved if someone found her but instead noodle-moron snatched her up and caused her to end up being worse. Hell, Discord could have taken her to a medical place since she is losing her mind, given how he easily found her(meaning he could have done so THIS WHOLE DAMN TIME AFTER SEASON 6).
Even if Discord's plan went haywire and can no longer "control" them, its still his fault they were worse. They basically lost their lives due to Discord's mistake making them go off the deep end even further(and it wasn't an "accident", he intended on making them worse and use them as cannon fodder.)

10740051
Understood, dude, I know a lot of people are mad at Discord for what he did. I was a little miffed at him, too. However, while I was making this story, I realized that if my version of TEOTE played out, Spike would probably plead with his friends not to blame Discord for what happened to him. It's just who the kid is and I like that about him. A lot.

10740056
That makes him a little hypocritical don't you think?
I mean he knows discord did all that but instead wanted those 2 dead and not their benefactor?
Its not good m8.

10740056
It doesn't matter if Spike begged the others to not blame Discord.
Its still terrible his "pawns" were executed like that. Its still bad they've been executed due to Discord causing them to be like that worse.
Even if everyone "forgave" him, they shouldn't have killed Chrysalis and Tirek since its carrying out the damages of Discord's plan even further. Its still disposing of Discord's pawns there.
If Discord was really sorry, he would step in and stop the execution(or someone else does and chews Discord out since its his fault) due to its HIS fault the two are even worse(and he did it on purpose with making them worse to be used as cannon fodder).
But since Discord didn't and let two people HE essentially lead to death to die like that, it kind of negates the "forgiveness" due to he is already doing bad already with his "pawns" disposed of.
It wouldn't be bad if the real Grogar was behind that but since it was Discord(who's supposed to be reformed), that's the huge problem.
Remember how many fans were pissed that Discord turned the trio to stone? Its because he's disposing his "pawns" he intended on manipulating and use as cannon fodder. He used Sombra's death to threaten the trio to work together.
So executing Chrysalis and Tirek is just as bad as the trio being turned to stone since the "pawns" are being disposed of.

Sorry for being really bothersome about this..
It just really gets on my nerves that Chrysalis got screwed due to Discord's crap here. (Yes, I know she was dangerous but Discord's plan made her even worse and she was already having deteriorating mental health by the time he plucked her to use her as cannon fodder)

Omg, the nostalgia is huge.

"I trust that you all will make the right choices to make sure the safety of Equestria," he said.

Translation: Don't make the same mistake as Discord

Then I saw from above how you all forgave Discord as my dying wish.

Which was BULLSH*T:flutterrage:

Then I saw how Cozy Glow's behavior became erratic because the last of her sanity finally gave out. I overheard Tirek's confession to you all about how he met Cozy and it digusted me to no end.

And yet Discord gets away scott free for pretty much doing the exact same thing by using her, and lets not forget about Chrysalis mental state as well.

tell Luster the story of how Spike saved Equestria in exchange of his own life.

Don't forget to mention how Discord stupid plan caused his death in the first place. I'm sure she'll understand.:pinkiecrazy::rainbowlaugh:

because they could all use the lessons they learned from Spike's sacrifice and pass it on down to her.

So Luster if you have a friend who purposely does something stupid and dangerous and put no thought in the possibility that things could go horribly wrong and he used and manipulate others for his plans, which led to the death of someone you were very close to. Forgive him immediately and throw all the blame onhis "pawns"
After all the mastermind isn't at fault in any way.:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

"And that, Luster Dawn, is the story of how Spike saved Equestria," Twilight Sparke finished.

"Wow," Luster Dawn said. "I guess friendship really is magic. Spike was a true hero that day."

Yes Luster! Friendship is Magic! Spike was a true hero who's death was caused by one of his friends:pinkiecrazy:

"But why did you forgive Cozy Glow?" Luster asked. "I understand she was mentally-ill at the time, but certainly I would've never met anyone who would've forgiven someone who tried to kill them."

And yet they killed Tirek and Chrysalis without a second thought. Discord plan cause 3 deaths and they forgave him. I really don't know what to say about any of this.

"Ah, that," Spike said. "I was watching over every single event from up above in the heavens and I overheard Tirek confessing to Twilight of how he met and manipulated Cozy. It filled me with anger and digust hearing it.

AGAIN! Discord did the same thing and turnt her to stone. So why aren't any of you disgusted with him.....anyone?......seriously.....bunch of hypocrits.

"Wow," she said. "I really hope I meet someone just like Spike. He could really guide me through all hard times with ease.

And I hope you meet a friend who would cause his/her death and not in anyway get blamed for it.:pinkiecrazy:

10740069
Every Comment you put down about Discord made me very happy:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

It's great to see that i'm not alone and their are others who could see the stupidity of his plans and why he to should be punished as well.

10740061
I agree 100%:pinkiehappy:

10740200
Even though Spike wants others to forgive Discord, the chaos spirit should face some punishment anyway.
Maybe draw it back a bit but I think Discord should at least not get his chaos magic back until he earns everyone's trust back.
While Spike asks them to forgive him, doesn't mean others can't have trusts issues about Discord.
Discord should work for that forgiveness, like to prove to the others that Spike made the right call.
In this case, first step is to address the issue about his "pawns"(barring Cozy Glow) is about to die because of Discord's manipulations causing them to be ending up worse.

10740212
Agreed! I'll remember that when I write my own story on the matter with Discord and his plans.

10740226
Wonder if the story will address the issues about Luna there?

10740237
It will mainly address the issue as Raven Inkwell points out all the faults in Discord plans as well as calling the Mane 6 and royal sisters idiots for even considering on forgiving him when he caused so much harm.

10740244
I feel like Luna got the short end of the stick hard due to the whole retirement thing in general.
And how it caused her to end her rule on a pretty crappy note. There's no way she won't feel like her confidence has been demolished to bits, especially due to being in Celestia's shadow hard there..
That's the issue I mean.

10740263
Well then no. My story is about Raven and Fluttershy debating on whether Discord should be punished or forgiven.

10740267
Oh..
So I guess the problem about Luna retiring and the damage Discord's plan done to Luna's case there wouldn't be addressed then..

Well that was an unexpected chapter drop but I was kind of hoping they would do the last problem which as I said it's a good way to end the show and again I will miss it and there's nothing much to say we all know what really happened but there's a little bit added in this alternate universe story cozy and colbolt again this was a really good story a lot of explaining but this was a pretty good one keep up the good work

10740286
Wished it did though..

10740051
I don’t think you understand how being charged with murder works.

10741354
...My point freaking stands(which felt like it got ignored)..
Its still Discord's fault the trio were this terrible right there.
Especially since he intended on using them as disposable pawns, executing Chrysalis and Tirek would just fulfil the intentions of "disposing" his pawns(and seal in the damage that he lead the two to their deaths)

10741461
You aren’t doing much to prove me wrong you know.

10741483
I freaking am though.
I literally just stated why its terrible to kill Chrysalis and Tirek like that.
Even though the two are terrible, its Discord's fault those two ended up even WORSE(and the fact he was using Cozy Glow as a pawn too, who was having serious mental health issues). For Chrysalis's case, Discord plucked her up when she was in her broken mental state, instead of having her get help he had her ended up getting worse.
The fact still remains, while the trio caused Spike's death(then again he sacrificed himself, so its due to what he pulled to stop the trio), the punishment for death for Chrysalis's and Tirek's case is unjust due to the circumstances.

10741491
Here’s some questions you should consider:

Did Discord tell them to do any of this?

Who was the one that killed Spike?

Was Discord directly controlling them when Spike was killed?

Do either of them of them have a mental disorder that would allow them to get off on an insanity plea?

10741504

Here's the thing, Discord caused the trio to become even worse. The fact still remains.
He plucked them ,threatened them around and the trio ended up being worse and end up going off the deep end further

The trio didn't "directly" killed Spike on what actually happened. As in it was due to Spike's own actions that lead to his death(as in he tricked trio into shooting the bell and it exploding, fatally injuring him), as in he sacrificed himself.

Like I said, the fact still fucking remains. Its Discord's fault the trio ended up WORSE when he tried to use them as disposable pawns which lead to this terrible tragedy to happen.

I literally just said Chrysalis's mental health was in a terrible state when Discord plucked her up. Instead of getting her help(which might have helped reform her), he caused Chrysalis to end up even worse by threatening her around, be around other villains that makes things worse. While Chrysalis "recovered" from being a laughing maniac due to having actual contact with other beings, her mental health is clearly making her too clouded to rationalize and went off the deep end further. Chrysalis may be cruel but she wasn't THIS cruel but she is now due to what Discord had done.
As for Tirek, he was freaking imprisoned in Tartarus. Just send him back, he only got out due to Discord plucking him while intended on manipulating him and using him as a pawn to be disposed of. The fact still remains, Discord's plan lead those two to their deaths.
Executing them like that is unjust due to the circumstances because of what Discord's plan had caused.

10741526
Discord didn't really do anything. As "Grogar", he wasn't around that much, and didn't do much when he was around (something Chrysalis herself complained about).

Chrysalis, Tirek and Cozy made their own choices. They chose to keep the bell for themselves. They chose to try and tear Equestria apart with mistrust, completely independant of "Grogar's" orders. And they chose to attempt to kill Twilight and her friends, just like they attempted to in the past.

10763399
He LITERALLY broke two villains out and one villain who was done for(and bringing one back from the dead) and grouped them together, pushed around and threatened and manipulated on using them as fodder for Twilight.
He used Sombra's death to scare the trio to cooperate.
Discord disguising as Grogar caused all of this.

Its STILL Discord's fault since the trio fell off the deep end further because of him.
He pointed them to that bell(and foolishly didn't think they would hide it from him) and even if his plan didn't go haywire, that bell would cause serious damage.
Discord's plan caused the trio to end up making these decisions. If they weren't couped together but if someone actually tried to help them(especially Chrysalis due to the broken state she was in when "Grogar" plucked her up).

10763540
Oh ok. I’ll try.

10763538
Their actions were still their own. They chose their own plan of attack, their own schemes, far worse than what Discord had planned for them. Discord made a mistake, but it was born out of good intentions. Their intentions were rotten from the start.

And as for "Grogar" pushing them around, that would hardly be enough to push them "off the deep end", considering they've done the same to others.

10763698
Its Discord's fault regardless, no ifs ands or buts.
These villains were already done for but Discord plucked him and used them as disposable pawns.
His actions caused them to run havoc(and end up even worse). Chrysalis could have reformed if someone found her and helped her, but instead Discord caused her to be worse.
The villains may deserve punishment but the thing is it should be held back due to its DISCORD's fault. Killing Chrysalis and Tirek is not the way to go and Discord essentially led them to their deaths regardless.

And? That freaking doesn't excuse Discord for what he had done. He's supposed to be reformed, what Discord had done is something villains would freaking do.
Discord's plan caused the trio to be even worse. They caused even worse damage than they would due to they were pushed together and said plan pointed to a dangerous weapon.

10764019

Chrysalis could have reformed if someone found her and helped her, but instead Discord caused her to be worse.

That is pure speculation (especially when you take the events of "Frenemies" into account).

Killing Chrysalis and Tirek is not the way to go and Discord essentially led them to their deaths regardless.

They aren't dead.

That freaking doesn't excuse Discord for what he had done. He's supposed to be reformed, what Discord had done is something villains would freaking do.

You mean setting up a test for the heroes? Something Celestia has done more than once?

They caused even worse damage than they would due to they were pushed together and said plan pointed to a dangerous weapon.

Which he deeply regretted, and took steps to atone for.

10764122

You mean setting up a test for the heroes? Something Celestia has done more than once?

Expect Celestia did not free villains, they escaped by themselves who should have been taken care of. Discord was the one who broke them out however.

10768031
She sent Twilight to Ponyville, knowing Nightmare Moon was about to return, and didn't even warn her about it.

10764122
Chrysalis rejected reforming in Frienemies due to its clearly shown friendship traumatized her. Its caused her to lose everything and turn her world upside down. And her mental health is still not much stable(she was a mess when "Grogar" plucked her, even when recovering from that, there's still damage to her mind).

The freaking story here had them DIE by being executed. Discord's plan ultimately caused that.

That still doesn't make it freaking ok. While Celestia needs to be called out on that crap, what Discord had done is far worse and he used villains who were clearly unable to cause trouble anymore and caused them to end up being worst.

Compared to how he was guilty when the Tirek mess happened, its not much remorse there.
And what Discord had done is worse what happened in season 4 finale, along with he basically squandered that second chance by pulling this crap.
And him freeing the other heroes is a start, but its not enough to make up for the actual damages his plan had caused. So much damages.

10768223
That isn't terrible as what Discord had pulled though.

While Celestia needs to be called out on that, what Discord did was worse and even more wrong.

That was a very nice story, explaining everything and all, but I'm just bummed that they didn't find a way to bring Spike back to life.

10866010
I feel like Luna's confidence would get damaged even further due to she was blocked from seeing that nightmare.
Like her credibility as dreamguardian taking a hit due to a nightmare was happening under her nose and she was unable to see it due to the spell.

10866000
If anything, Discord's plan would have destroyed Luna and Celestia's confidence.
Like even if it didn't went haywire, the sisters would still get taken out.
He made them look like FAILURES on their last days as rulers.

10820974
Actually not really.
Reality-warping is literally changing stuff in reality. Like he could "warp" it so Spike isn't dead.
The major problem is the show failed to explain Discord's limits. Like what his chaos magic CAN'T do, resulting him being OP in a terrible way that ruins the threats of the other villains.
Like if a villain succeeds, they were lucky Discord didn't intervene. And relying on stuff that outright nullifies magic(such as Chrysalis apparently having a throne that cockblocks non-buggo magic despite no hinting on it till that finale) to keep him from instantly stopping the villain hurts the plot.
Reality-warpers like Discord can be a huge problem in story-writing, especially if they don't explore his limits/weaknesses(no, relying on arrogance is still bad since the villain is lucky the warper is too arrogant to realize they can instantly-win with a snap of fingers there)
And Sombra is a prime example in the show on how Discord ruins the threats of other villains. Sombra's threat was completely ruined due to Discord in the season 9 premiere(and this is even before it turns out Discord is responsible for the mess)

10886011
Alright
This story is still awesome :D

10886036
Hey, thanks. Glad you liked it.

10886188
However, I'm still thinking about one thing - Tirek and Chrysalis were sentenced to life imprisonment in Tartarus.
This punishment is fitting for Chrysalis, but for Tirek...well, it doesn't change that much for him, as he would go back to his cage, even if he didn't do what he did (in this story)

If I could choose punishment for this duo, I would banish them to Limbo, like Pillars did with the Pony of Shadows (a.k.a Stygian)

It's just my suggestion

10895496
Its still really making her look bad if she is unable to see past said spell.

Discord pretty much added more salt to Luna's wounds there.

10895575
You ever known discord to have an idea that didn't go crazy. I think he started trying to get them to get friendship but they value power more so he hoped that if they were at the lowest point possible then maybe they truly get what twilight always says. It was a stupid idea but that discord for you.

10880654

So screw Spikes forgiveness. Its not like those 3 came together on their own, they didn't know that someone else was gonna do that. I say if you're gonna forgive Discord you have to forgive them in turn and let them go no matter what. Yeah they might come back with another evil plan but at least this time it will be 100% all their own.

Smolder: Oh, that’s nice. Blatantly blowing off Spike’s final wishes just because you think you’ve uncovered some kind of conspiracy. Newsflash: Discord put them together to fail! How many times must I tell you this? Yes, they didn’t come together on their own, but keep in mind Chrysalis was free when she was plucked up by Discord. Who’s to say she wouldn’t come back one of these days, determined to finally “get even” with Starlight? Also, forgiving and freeing Tirek and Chrysalis? How stupid are you??? If we release Tirek, Cozy will be traumatized, beyond repair this time. If Chrysalis is released, only the gods and godesses know what she’ll cook up next to try and take us down. Also, they were on their own when they tried to take Equestria over. Discord had lost all control over them after they used the bell against him and they almost successfully overthrew us had it not been for Spike. Oh, and if we do release Tirek and Chrysalis, who’s to say that they’ve learned from their mistakes the previous time and they try again? If that happens, there is a very real chance that they will succeed in overthrowing us and more lives will be more lives lost.

Me: Sorry, Raven. Smolder caught wind of the comments you and Mpony1 made on this story and, needless to say, she is not pleased. :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment