• Published 20th May 2020
  • 1,311 Views, 75 Comments

Rainbow Dash: Aerial Avenger - The Bricklayer



Rainbow 'Crash' Dash, that's what they called her. But an accident changed all that, and now she finds herself with new powers. New powers that are a real marvel... (SoarinDash)

  • ...
10
 75
 1,311

Mare-Vel Adventures #12: Epilogue

Author's Note:

And all things must come to an end... Been a hell of a ride, honestly. I just apologize for dragging it on for so long.

“I’m guessing we won, right?” Rainbow groaned, seeing the light filtering in through her window. “...no, I remember now. We won. Not without destroying half of the city but we won.”

Soarin’ smiled, grasping her hand. He’d spotted her falling, and urged Detroit Steel forwards to catch her at the very last moment.

“So… what happened up there?”

“I’m… honestly not sure,” Rainbow replied. “One minute I was fighting for my life and the next… The Mandarin just seemed to give up. It was like all of the fight just left him. He… pushed me out of that dimension and… that was that. For all I know he’s still trapped up there.”

“Not that you’re complaining I assume,” Soarin’ remarked.

“No, I’m not,” Rainbow admitted. “In the end though, I can’t deny the man had a point. He was horribly insane sure, but something has to change.”

“And you think you’re going to be the one to do it?” Soarin’ asked. “No offence, but what can one woman do to… I mean, you’re a fantastic heroine and an even better person, inspiring beyond belief but-”

“You’re making me blush, Soar,” Rainbow said. “I assume that is the intention right?”

“It… it may or may not be, I-I can neither confirm nor deny that statement,” Soarin’ stammered out. “It’s just… you can’t take it all on at once, you know. One woman alone can’t change the world.”

“That’s the thing though, I’m not alone am I?” Rainbow said, cupping his face and gently kissing him. “I’ve got you.”

“Y-Yeah, you do…”

“I’m sorry to break up the love fest but… there’s something you should know,” Mar-Vehl said, back in his Lawson disguise as Rainbow gave him a quizzical look. “I… I can’t stay long, I have to get back to Hala. I apologize but I’ve been exposed and… I need to report back to the Supreme Intelligence. They’ll be coming for Earth now, they know your planet can defend itself. I have to convince them not to mount an invasion force.”

“So? Let them come! I’ll kick all of their asses!” Rainbow scoffed.

“No, not even you can withstand the full might of the Kree Empire. I have to go, I’m sorry.”

“You do what you have to do,” Soarin’ said with a nod. “I understand completely, though we’ll be sorry to lose you.”

“Y-Yeah,” Rainbow said with a sniff. “I’m… I’m not crying, I just got dust in my eyes, that’s all. You be careful up there, okay flyboy?”

“And to you as well,” Mar-Vehl said. “Earth should be proud it birthed such a powerful defender. I’m sure your planet is in good hands.”

But what about the rest of the universe, Rainbow wondered to herself. It was a few seconds later she realized she’d thought this aloud.

“I… I can’t say,” Mar-Vehl admitted. “I was only assigned to Earth, I’ve been here for years so I don’t know what’s happened to the rest of the universe while I’ve been away from Hala. Things may have changed since I left my homeworld.”

“Well… That settles that doesn’t it? I’m going up there with you, hop from planet to planet until everyone is safe. I have these powers now,” Rainbow said, clenching her fist as it crackled with gold energy. “I can’t just stand by and watch the rest of the universe suffer under your empire and who knows what else.”

“There’s no stopping you, is there?” Soarin’ realized with a sigh. “Just… make sure you stop by every now and again.”

“Oh, don’t worry, it’s not like this is goodbye forever. I have you and Scootaloo and sadly Fleetfoot and the rest of my friends,” Rainbow chuckled. “So don’t worry, it’s not like I’m ditching you for some new hotness. It’s just… I can’t not stand by while the rest of the universe cries out for a savior. It’s… well, it’s who I am.”

“Yeah... “ Soarin’ said with a fond little smile. “Yeah, it is.”

Outside the hospital, Coulson was on the phone. “I understand sir, and I agree. We have no idea what other intergalactic threats are out there. And… Well, knowing Rainbow, as soon as she sees someone in peril she’ll rush to save them. No matter where they are and who they are. S.H.I.E.L.D alone isn’t going to be enough to protect the planet. We need to look elsewhere.”

He paused to listen.

“...so, that’s who you have in mind, huh? Wait, there’s a list? Taking initiative sir, I like it,” Coulson said. “Well, you’re right. We found her and we weren’t even looking. Get some rest sir, things are about to get weird…”


Rainbow Dash as The Aerial Avenger

Soarin’ Skies as that clueless boyfriend who’s just trying

Captain Mar-Vehl as the only sane man

Justin Hammer as that idiot only in for a quick buck

The Mandarin as that guy trying to lecture you while you try not to fall asleep


Far and away across the stars, in the midsts of an intergalactic hub planet, the sky rippled and then it cracked open. Rainbow smirked, as she welcomed the challenge.

“Alright then, you tentacle hentai freak… Bring it on.”

A shriek split the sky as a many tendriled pink thing burst through the walls between the worlds and Rainbow’s hands glowed.

She leaped forwards into the maw of the beast with fist drawn back…


The Abelisk as the obligatory stinger character

Silver Zoom as the guy who only exists to be replaced

Spitfire as the commander who takes no shit with a pair of sweet-ass shades

Philip Coulson as the man your man could smell like

John Walker as the virgin Captain America, not the chad

Fleetfoot as the sassy sex-starved best friend

Scootaloo as the totally adorable daughter


Rainbow returned home, and flipped on the light before her jaw dropped.

“Chewie…” she sighed as her ‘cat’ stood in the midst of a huge pile of what looked like eggs.

Mrrrrraaaaaooowwww!

Scootaloo however was totally pleased. “Isn’t it awesome mom?”


And Chewie as The Flerken

Comments ( 4 )

You do realize that means either Chewie was pregnant for a bit or there is another one on Earth. That or they can crossbreed with Earth cats and that is a scary idea.

Just finished this and I must say that I really enjoyed it. And I'm hoping that someday you might write a sequel. Or another story in this universe.
Thanks again for a wonderful story and I'm certainly going to be reading more of your stuff. :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::rainbowlaugh:

I LOVE HOW DID THIS STORY RIGHT! IT FELT LIKE AN MCU MOVIE RIGHT DOWN TO THE STAN LEE CAMEO, MID CREDIT AND END CREDIT SCENES. TOTAL ACADEMY AWARDS STUFF. NOMINATION AT LEAST. :raritystarry::raritystarry::rainbowwild:

Pfft, that ending though. Nicely done, Brick!

Login or register to comment