• Published 18th Aug 2012
  • 3,473 Views, 33 Comments

Of Love and Loyalty - Brian Jacko



Life lessons learned for Rainbow Dash

  • ...
14
 33
 3,473

Pinkie Pie's Surprise

"Go left! Okay, now go right! No wait! Stop! Okay, a little bit more to the right and now just a smidgen to the left and...."

"Pinkie Pie!" Rainbow Dash shouted angrily at the pink mare who was instructing her on where to stand.

Pinkie Pie had her friend blind folded and was guiding her through the woods.

"Okie dokie lokie!" Pinkie Pie said as she hopped around Rainbow Dash in circles. "You can remove the blind fold now."

Rainbow Dash did, and to her surprise all of her friends were gathered there including Soarin'. To the left, sat Applejack and Twilight Sparkle. To the right of them, sat Fluttershy and Rarity. In between the four mares sat Soarin'. He was sitting on a grassy hill that was slightly above the other four mares.

Pinkie Pie still happily bounced around Rainbow Dash as she took everything in. The place had a familiar feel to her, but she couldn't quite put her hoof on it. Then it finally hit her. This was that special spot that Rapidfire took her to on their first date. Coming here used to make her very bitter and sad, but those feelings had vanished and a new feeling of joy and love overtook her. She had no more sorrow or regrets in her heart.

"Well, aren't you going to go sit next to your some pony special? Huh? Huh? Huh?" Pinkie Pie asked, as she continued to bounce around the dazed blue mare.

Soarin' smiled as he extended his hoof out for Rainbow Dash to grab a hold of and helped her climb the hill.

The waterfall was flowing freely and there was a beautiful rainbow arching across the water. The sounds of insects and birds filled the air with beautiful melodies.

Rainbow Dash stared lovingly into the stallions eyes as a breeze of fresh air blew past them both. She then looked back over at Pinkie Pie who face-planted into a large cake that the pink mare had brought with her.

"Oh Pinkie Pie!" Rainbow Dash said. "How did you know about me and Soarin'?"

Pinkie Pie lifted her head out of the splattered cake and licked her whole face clean. "Well, duh, Rainbow Dash, it was easy," she said. "I had a strange "pinkie" sense that told me that two ponies were in true love, and when two ponies are truly in love, that means it's the perfect time for a party!"

Rainbow Dash looked back at her stallion friend and grinned. "Don't worry about her. That's just Pinkie being the typical Pinkie that she is."

Soarin' laughed.

Twilight Sparkle stepped forward while hovering a scroll and a quill with her magic. "So, how about a letter to the Princess?" she asked.

"A letter sounds fine," Rainbow Dash replied.

Twilight Sparkle began writing..... Dear Princess Celestia,..."

Suddenly, the sky opened up and a bright light shined down upon them all.

The Princess came down from the sky and walked over to the group.

They all bowed down to the Princess.

"Hello Twilight Sparkle," the Princess said. "I hope you don't mind me dropping in on your party. I just wanted to congratulate Rainbow Dash for making it through a very difficult time in her life. I have been watching you Rainbow Dash, and I'm so happy that you were able to overcome the many problems and obstacles you faced in life. You are a strong, faithful, and loyal pony."

Twilight Sparkle stood next to the Princess and said, "I think we all learned some very important lessons today. Rainbow Dash, what did you learn?"

Rainbow Dash looked over to the Princess and spoke up, "I learned that it's important not to dwell on your past, no matter how much it has hurt you and to always keep a positive outlook. I also learned that it's not healthy to harbor hate or anger in your heart, and how important it is to be able to forgive others, in order to move on in your own life. I may never be as healthy as I was before, but I need to have patience. The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride."

Twilight Sparkle chimed in. "I think we also learned to accept ponies as they are, even if we can't fully understand what their disabilities or problems feel like."

"Those all sound like wonderful lessons. I am so proud of all of you," the Princess said. "I must go now. Be well every pony, and continue to write to me about what you learn about the magic of friendship. Goodbye!"

"Goodbye Princess," Twilight Sparkle called out as she watched the Princess fly up into the clouds.

Rainbow Dash remembered that she represented loyalty and she knew that she would remain loyal to her friends and her new stallion companion. She promised herself that she would do her very best to remain positive, even if it meant that she would never be healed or be able to fly as strong as she used to be able to. She vowed to live out the rest of her life in peace and to do her best to be content with what she has.

Doink! Doink! Doink! Pinkie Pie bounced over to the couple and stomped her hoof impatiently on the ground. "Well?" she said.

Rainbow Dash and Soarin' looked at Pinkie Pie with confusion.

Pinkie Pie continued, "Aren't you two going to kiss?"

Rainbow Dash blushed and looked over to her mate. They closed their eyes and kissed each other.

All the other girls let out a long "awweeee."

Pinkie Pie started crying. "They look so cute together!" she said. Pinkie Pie then got distracted by the other cakes that she brought with her and drove her face into one of them.

Rainbow Dash had made it through the darkness of the storm that overwhelmed her life. She made it out to the beautiful sun and found her rainbow at the end of it all.

The end.

Author's Note:

Much of this story is based off of my own personal life experience.

Comments ( 7 )

3454200 Thanks. This is my first story that I wrote here. :twilightsmile:

This story is amazing this is the sixth time of reading it, honestly :ajsmug:
I love all the detail you have put in it, I'm a bit of a book worm and this is a good story :twilightsmile:
The way you made fluttershy so caring and kind is just unbelievable :yay:
Thanks for making pinkie pie as crazy as she is :pinkiehappy:
I didn't see much of rarity but you got her character just right :raritywink:
And lastly rainbow dash the story I love and I love that you made rainbow dash sound like she is and for making it clear that she was ment to be with soarin and that she was over with rapidfire and she was not ment to be with him and he was just a lying cheater:rainbowdetermined2::heart:
I hope that you have a good one :trollestia::moustache::derpytongue2::moustache:
Bye:derpytongue2:

Love it butstory ever

Nice nice very cool indeed but next time let that Rapidfire dude get hurt if that's alright *inerdemon* KILL HIM! KILL HIM FOR WHAT HE DID TO RAINBOW DASH!!!! *tsk tsk tsk* stay in there inerdemon anyways I love love love love loved how Soarin took it nice and easy cause of what happened with Rainbows relationship with RAPIDSFIRE WILL BURNNNNN Shut up! I'm trying to talk here! Anywho I just love Soarins love for Rainbow Dash. I hope there's a sequel :rainbowkiss: YESSSSSS SO RAPIDFIRE COULD BURNNNNNN How many times do I have to say shut up?! SHUT UP! okay bye now, before inerdemon will loss control :twilightblush:

I LOVED THISSSS


Now,

If you'll excuse me, I have to go murder a certain pegasi named Rapidfire!

I learned that Celestia is a female dog.

I really like the story.Can i make a Soarindash anthology for these Soarindash Stories?

Login or register to comment