• Published 18th Aug 2012
  • 3,473 Views, 33 Comments

Of Love and Loyalty - Brian Jacko



Life lessons learned for Rainbow Dash

  • ...
14
 33
 3,473

A Visit From Her Friends

"Pinkie Pie! No! Put that away! This is not the time for loud party noises," Twilight Sparkle sternly said in a harsh whisper as Pinkie Pie drew out her party horn blower.

Pinkie Pie frowned and said, "But I wanted this to be a surprise party."

"It will still be a surprise, but we can't startle her or the other patients," Twilight Sparkle whispered.

Doink. Doink. Doink. Pinkie Pie skipped around the bed in her usual fashion. "Okie dokie lokie," she said as she hopped towards Rainbow Dash. She put her face just inches away from Rainbow Dash's.

As Rainbow Dash opened her eyes, she was startled by a big, blurry, pink, blob that was grinning from ear to ear. "Gahh!" she yelled out followed by an "Owwww!" As her vision focused in on the pink blob, she then realized that it was Pinkie Pie staring at her. "Pinkie Pie! You startled me!"

Pinkie Pie giggled and said, "But I couldn't help it Dashie! You just looked so cute as you were sleeping! Oh, did I ever tell you that when I sleep, I snore sometimes and my back left leg twitches and sometimes it wakes me up! Also, when I sleep, I sometimes umfff mfff umff." Her sentence was cut short when Applejack stuffed an apple into her mouth. Pinkie Pie began to chew through the fruit with great effort.

Applejack looked back over at Rainbow Dash with a somewhat worried look on her face. "Heh, sorry about that R.D. We didn't mean to startle ya like that. Always gotta keep them apples handy for when Pinkie Pie starts talkin' up a storm."

Rainbow Dash didn't look too happy. She realized that her whole body was throbbing in pain and she felt a bit dizzy. "Where am I?" she asked.

Twilight Sparkle stepped forward. "You're in the hospital right now. You had a terrible crash and we all stopped by to see how you were doing."

Rainbow Dash sunk down lower into her bed. "I'm in the hospital?" she asked with a frown.

"Yes," Twilight Sparkle affirmed. "You're going to have to stay here for a while. We all brought you some gifts to cheer you up." Twilight Sparkle reached into her bag and pulled out a book. "I picked up a book on popular pegasus sports and games."

Applejack stepped forward and said, "I got ya some food from our farm."

Fluttershy nervously raised her head and said in a tone of voice that could barely be heard, "I brought you an animal critter friend, but the hospital staff wouldn't let me bring him in for you."

"I made you a nice pair of stylish slippers," Rarity chimed in.

Pinkie Pie jumped above the four other mares and put her front hooves around Applejack's and Twilight Sparkle's necks. She had a party hat on, with her party blow horn in her mouth. "And I wanted to throw you a surprise party, but Twilight Sparkle wouldn't quite let me make it a surprise." Pinkie Pie drew in a deep breath, but before she could blow it out into her horn, Twilight Sparkle used her magic and snatched the horn from her mouth.

Pinkie Pie frowned again.

"That will have to wait for another time Pinkie Pie," Twilight Sparkle said as she hovered the horn away from the pink mare. She looked back over to Rainbow Dash with sympathetic eyes and said to her, "We're really sorry about what happened to you Rainbow Dash, and if there's anything we can do for you, please let us know."

Behind them a door opened, and inside stepped the nurse taking care of Rainbow Dash. "Visiting hours are over ladies, it's time to go home now," the nurse said as she checked over the patient chart.

"Okay Rainbow Dash, we have to go now. Please rest up and have a fast recovery," Twilight Sparkle said as she walked towards the door.

Applejack leaned over and said. "I know you're a tough gal, hang in there sugar cube, we're all rootin' for ya, hun."

Rarity waved at Rainbow Dash from a distance. "Farewell Rainbow Dash. Enjoy those new slippers, they go well with your mane."

"Bye Rainbow Dash," whispered Fluttershy. "If you ever need me to help take care of you, I'm always around."

"GOOD BYE DASHIE!" Pinkie Pie yelled in her ear as she gave her a playful poke on her side.

Rainbow Dash squirmed in pain. "Bye everyone," Rainbow Dash said as she made her best attempt to wave to them.

Soon they were all gone.

"The doctor will be with you shortly, Rainbow Dash," the nurse said as she made her final check on her list.

Within moments, the doctor entered. "Well, well, well, this sure isn't the first time we had a Wonderbolt stay at our hospital for a while," he chuckled. "With all those crazy tricks you ponies perform. I would expect to see you guys here much more often."

Rainbow Dash looked worried. "Oh Doc!" she cried out, "Am I going to be okay? Will I ever be able to fly again?"

The doctor smiled. "That's the good news, Rainbow Dash. Within a few weeks of rest you'll be back in the sky in no time. You really did a number on yourself though. I would say that judging from that impact you left, you are quite fortunate to be alive right now."

Rainbow Dash relaxed a bit as she was comforted by the news that the doctor had told her.

"Rest up now and I'll be checking on you tomorrow," the doctor said as he flipped his chart. The doctor left the room and Rainbow Dash quickly nodded off into a peaceful sleep.