• Published 20th Dec 2019
  • 470 Views, 91 Comments

Anthology of Graybles - Str8aura



Or: Stories from the Suggestion Bin

  • ...
3
 91
 470

PreviousChapters
Wild Lyrabon III (Lyra, Bon Bon; Comedy)

"Bite me." Said Lyra.

"No." Bon Bon flatly refused.

That really should have been the end of the conversation, but of course it had to keep going.

The mare couple sat on a wooden floor in the center of an empty dining room. What had once been the table they sat at to eat was leaning against the wall in the corner. In lieu of it, the two were parked on the floorboards, one lying on their barrel and the other sitting up on crossed haunches. Their plates sat in front of them, and a strip of blue duct tape created an invisible barrier between the two of them.

Bon Bon was chained to the wall by a rusty shackle. Occasionally her hindleg would kick out of its own volition, straining against the chain despite her outward calmness as she dug into her plate of pasta.

"C'mooon." Lyra pleaded, twirling food on the end of her fork. "We can make it a sex thing if you want. Just a little love nip."

"We're not making it a sex thing." Bon Bon didn't look up from her plate.

"Then we can do it normally too! It's cool with me! I'll just lean over and you can give me a bite!"

"You do that and you're spending the night on the couch."

"Oh, I'm far past being scared of that one. You've been saying that since before the zombie thing happened." Lyra protested.

Bon Bon was, for lack of a better term, falling apart. Her coat was mangy and dirty, caked in mud and blood in various patches throughout. Her tail was hanging on by a prayer, while her mane was ratted and filled with various knots and twigs. She chewed tenderly, careful not to flick any food out through the hole in her cheek strands of skin strung across. And even despite how mangled it was at the joint, her hindleg continued to thrash like its own beast against the chain holding her back from Lyra.

"Its just so tough living like this, Bonnie." Lyra whined. "I just think it would be easier if we could both go through this together- you know, the same way. We could both haunt houses and jump out at people who walk by us. A little gumption and some time, we could start the apocalypse- then who's gonna care about taxes?"

"Lyra, I'm not making you a zombie." Bon Bon sighed.

"It's tough!" Lyra repeated. "First of all, you're legally dead. So my marital tax statuses only last until the end of the year."

"I can get a job. Go work one of the fields or farms." Bon Bon thought out loud.

"Bonnie, I'm not dumping you in a cornfield shackled to a plow for the entire afternoon. I can be the breadwinner!"

"Alright, alright," Bon Bon defensively soothed. "I'm just saying money doesn't have to be an issue. We can work around that one." She dipped her muzzle into the plate again, messily chewing.

"But the awkwardness, Bonnie!" Lyra threw her hooves up, levitating a wedding ring out from somewhere in her mane and holding it up for display. "I tell people I'm married, and then I say my spouse died, and then they have to offer their apologies, and then I'm like, 'no, actually, she's fine, she's just a little bitey now!' It's a whole thing."

"Is that your biggest problem? Is that really your biggest problem, Lyra?" Bon Bon raised an eyebrow, gesturing to her leg, which was beginning to make a concerning creaking sound.

Lyra set her fork down with a grimace. "Bonnie, I'm trying not to be unpleasant at dinner by bringing up the obvious problem I have here."

"Oh, hun..." The two scooched across the floor to the blue line, and Lyra pulled her wife up into a hug with their heads each on the others shoulders. "I know this is hard for you." Bon Bon soothed. "But we've gotten through worse. Remember the bugbear?"

"I really feel like you should get tax exemptions for that one, too." Lyra murmured.

"Dead people don't pay taxes!" She gently reminded Lyra. "I've got both of the universal constants! Hey. Hey, if you're feeling lonely out during the day, we can always find ways around that. Maybe you can muzzle me, or take my head around with you on a string, or something?"

"I don't like cutting you up." Lyra sniffed. "You have black gunk inside you instead of blood."

"No cutting, then. Chain me to a mobility scooter?"

Lyra chewed her lip. "That's a thought, albeit a weird and kind of awkward one. Could we just remove your teeth?"

"I'm not getting rid of my teeth."

"You were fine with using your stomach as a handbag, but removing your teeth is too far." Lyra pulled away with unimpressed half lidded eyes.

"I still like chewy candy." Lyra's wife defended. "Look, point is, we can figure it out. We'll be alright- Chin up, Lyra." Bon Bon rubbed her hoof across Lyra's back, leaving a light dark streak.

"Love you, Bonnie."

The two stayed in that position for a moment longer.

Bon Bon snarled and went for the neck. Lyra took her lower jaw in telekinesis, shoving her back away and watching her struggle with a loving smile before she eventually regained control and went limp in Lyra's grasp.

"Ah thught yuh'd take advantuge uh thot wun." Bon Bon admitted, watching her wife from where she hung in the air by her teeth.

"You said no biting. Relationships are built on trust."

"Luh ya too, Luhra."

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 2 )

Glad I'm caught up on these. Delightful stuff, especially Silver as a historical parallel to Sweetie Belle.

Login or register to comment