• Published 20th Dec 2019
  • 470 Views, 91 Comments

Anthology of Graybles - Str8aura



Or: Stories from the Suggestion Bin

  • ...
3
 91
 470

PreviousChapters Next
Milkmaid (Limestone, Luna; Comedy)

"Milk today!"

Limestone raised an eyebrow at the tall mare on her door, happily smiling down at her under her woolen bonnet. Two saddlebags of milk bottles sat at her side, lightly jostling as their deliverer practically vibrated in glee.

"You're not the usual milkmare."

"I told her I'd cover for this week! Gave her a very hefty wage to not tell anyone."

"But... Why?"

"Because I wanted to!"

Something about the blue wavy haired mane with the metal crescent moon bib and name tag attached to her collar that clearly read 'Hello, my name is Princess Luna' seemed familiar, almost reminding her of someone, but she couldn't place a hoof on it. Limestone sighed.

"Yeah, alright. Just pass it here."

The milkmare obliged, before bounding past her into the farmhouse. Limestone's brow expertly furrowed.

"Wait, what are you doing?"

"I gotta milk the cows! That's what milkmares do!"

"No, you're thinking of... Um... Milkmares... Wait, no there's a difference... One delivers milk, and one actually milks milk... Argh..."

Limestone beat her head against the wooden doorframe, carving an indent. The milkmare continued to bound on, stopping to give Marble a quick pat on the head as she got up from breakfast before continuing out the back door and onto their land.

---*---

"I think I would really prefer if I did that."

"Don't worry, I know how to do this. I've been watching your dreams. Kinda weird how you dream of doing your day work, by the way."

The milkmare whistled offkey as she worked, only serving to irritate Limestone further.

"You can see my dreams?"

"What good milkmare can't? Hey, want to know something else I can do?"
Limestone mentally prepared for a pun, or something similar.

"What?"

"I've never told anyone this, but I have the power to see reality as well, not just dreams. Little known fact, tell your friends."

Limestone pursed her lips angrily as the milkmare continued, occasionally muttering jubilantly under her breath 'the greatest' or 'Omukuma'.

---*---

"Well, I'll see myself out. Thank you for having me!"

"Thank you for dutifully working and not once trying to hit on me. You're already better than the last blue girl we had working here." Limestone grumbled.

The milkmare trotted off, and Limestone picked up the saddlebags she had left. One seemed much heavier than the other, and upon inspecting inside, she found a small pouch with a single silver bar inside marked with the lunar crest and a smiley face drawn on the outside of the pouch with marker.

Limestone groaned, picking up the gift and biting into it as she watched the milkmare leave.

PreviousChapters Next