• Published 20th Dec 2019
  • 470 Views, 91 Comments

Anthology of Graybles - Str8aura



Or: Stories from the Suggestion Bin

  • ...
3
 91
 470

PreviousChapters Next
Wild Lyrabon I (Lyra, Bon Bon; Comedy)

The jungle rapid beat mercilessly against the tiny dinghy as it was carried further into the hearts of the horrific marshlands it had tried to avoid deliberately; Bon Bon held tightly onto the side of the ship as it tossed, the 'captain' struggling to kick it back into gear and get them out of here. Horror stories about the heart of the jungle abounded; filled with alligators, hippos, piranhas, and a whole host of other nasties that guaranteed death within seconds for those unlucky enough to get caught up inside. And now the rivers around it that had been so docile decided to pick up as if they had always been a flurry, pushing them along the route into the jungle's depths so perfectly it seemed to have a mind of its own.

"We need to abandon ship!" Captain Wave yelled to the passenger he had been asked to guide down the rivers. "This isn't what I was paid for!"

For all that was going on, Bon Bon seemed strangely calm, offering no more than a tired sigh. "Yeah, I figured this would happen."

"You figured?"

"She's a bit excitable." Bon Bon called to him as a stray leech flew by her.

"Who's a bit excitable?" Captain Wave screamed.

And just as quickly, the waters were calm again, and the boat was beached on the muddy shores of the darkest part of the jungle. Bon Bon approached the edge as Wave caught his breath, and to his horror, made out the shape of something rising in the mud, buried beneath the earth, now emerging to-

"Hi Bonnie!" A muddy green head poked out from underground, waving with a hoof that flung sludge out of its wake. "Didja come to see me? Didja?"

Bon Bon rolled her eyes before smiling, leaning over the edge. "Hi, Lyra. It's good to see you."

Wave looked between them wildly. "You- have a friend- who lives here?"

"Hmm? Oh, no, she's the swamp."

"What?"

"Yeah, the pony is just a vessel for her, or... hard light, or something, I don't know, it makes it easier to kiss her. The point is, she's like, the spirit of the swamp, I think...?"

Lyra huffed. "Sweetie, I am the swamp!"

"Yep, sorry honey. You know I'm forgettable sometimes."

"The swamp?" Wave exhaled. "The swamp I get paid a good sum to avoid? The swamp that kills a dozen men every year?"

Lyra shook her head. "No, that's the gators! Hi, Mortimer!"

Wave screamed when he finally noticed the gator cutting through the waters towards the tiny boat. With a whistle, it stopped dead.

"Hey! Mortimer! Go find someone else, that's my wife!" Lyra called halfheartedly. With little more than a grunt, the gator turned around and began swimming back.

"You... married... the swamp..." Wave began to look lightheaded. "Don't tell me you... somehow..."

Bon Bon furrowed her brow, cross. "Captain, don't be ridiculous. We're both girls."

PreviousChapters Next