• Published 20th Dec 2019
  • 470 Views, 91 Comments

Anthology of Graybles - Str8aura



Or: Stories from the Suggestion Bin

  • ...
3
 91
 470

PreviousChapters Next
Final Pay (Trixie; Slice Of Life/Comedy)

Limestone read the message again. And re-read it.

Nope. Still didn't make sense.

She looked up from the letter, one eyebrow raised. Trixie was still smiling excitedly, twitching as she sat in the dirt and gauged Limestone's reaction, as she had been doing for the past forty seconds now.

Forty seconds ago, she had walked up to Trixie with a small sack of her daily pay, and had been surprised to be greeted with a letter and the same smile she still wore now. Her obvious hesitation had not swayed Trixie's resolve in the slightest.

When she opened it, she had pulled out a front-and-back hoof-written page of scribbled out text, with only the last line on the back readable, squeezed into a corner under the black lines under which the faint remains of extravagantly written words could be made out;

'Would you like to go on a date? :)'

After the fifth re-read, Trixie's smile finally began to waver.

"You... You do know how to read, right?"

"What's this?"

"It's... It's an invitation! To spend more time with Trixie!"

"Why?"

Trixie sputtered, confusedly.

"To- be- because I like you! And I was wondering if we could go somewhere, whatever's nearby!"

Limestone cocked a head. Trixie had been working under her for about two months now, and this was her final day, according to Limestone's calculations. She had needed enough food, water, and accomodations for a multi-day long cross-country trip, and she had practically begged to help on the farm initially. Limestone had been hesitant, but one of her more level-headed sisters had pointed out that they were certainly understaffed without Pinkie.

So, they had let her on, and despite several days of griping and moaning and insistences on wearing her dum cape and hat, she had eventually fallen into a routine and learned not to complain.

Limestone had noticed her advances; as far as she knew, it was medically impossible for her to be subtle, and more than once she had pulled idiotic moves such as 'tripping' into her, and falling on top of her. She learned quickly that this was a bad idea, but still stayed undeterred her entire career.

And now, as she received her last paycheck courtesy of the Pie Family Farm, she was pulling a love letter.

Limestone considered her options, weighed the pros and the cons, and made her decision.

She pulled Trixie in, pulled off her hat, and planted a kiss on her lips, lasting a good minute before pulling back and reading the look of surprise on Trixie's face.

"No thank you. I'm not into girls."

And she walked back inside.

PreviousChapters Next