• Published 20th Dec 2019
  • 470 Views, 91 Comments

Anthology of Graybles - Str8aura



Or: Stories from the Suggestion Bin

  • ...
3
 91
 470

PreviousChapters Next
Bag of Tricks (Trixie; Slice Of Life/Comedy)

"Hope you second rate star-chasers were betting on me being the most intelligent woman in the room yet again, because I figured it out. In one of my incredibly rare mistakes, I accidentally used the wrong matrix and combined a Mimic spell with an Amygdala Fusion spell."

"How do we know any of those words mean anything?"

"Because I said them. Are you seriously trying to tell me that a whorse who sells cocaine and illegal fireworks on her spare time knows more than a scientist who happens to be Celestia's star pupil?"

Twilight sneered at Trixie, who was already beginning to realize this was going to be a long three minutes. Fuming, she sat back on the couch next to Starlight and Sunset.

Who both happened to look a lot like her at the moment.

"For those who are too ignorant to understand, the spell made us all look like the dictionary definition of washed up and gave us part of her personality as well. In case it wasn't obvious, I got the best part."

The blue-furred, silver-maned Twilight stuck her muzzle up high before turning back to the spell matrix blueprints on the table. Trixie stuck out her tongue as soon as she turned around, and looked at the other two Trixie's. Sunset nervously smiled and waved at her, and Starlight leaned her head on Trixie's shoulder and smiled at her. She was quickly shaken off.

"I can't believe that stuck up, anthropomorphized Dollar Tree sparkler would put Trixie down like this. Has she been this rude to you two?"

"Yeah, but, I mean, it's not like what she said was wrong. She's always right." Sunset cautiously replied, keeping her head down.

"Oh, she's always been like that. Just ignore her, you're so much more than her anyway." Starlight purred at her, awkwardly trying to lie across her lap.

"Trixie is confused by you three. Twilight Snarkle over there says you each have my personality, but she's just rude, you're shy, an you're... I don't want to know what personality trait you inherited, Starlight. None of those sound like me."

"Yeah, believe me Princess Homeless, having our entire personality traits reduced to one word isn't fun for us either. I don't have time to psychoanalyse Seafood Dinner and Pancake Flipper like a Tumblr user starved of physical affection. Let me kill part of my brain in peace."

"She's right, Lula. You don't need to worry about everything so much, just relax."

Trixie sighed as Starlight nuzzled her head into her lap some more.

"I think I'm bad juju," Sunset piped up quietly, "Everytime I come to this dimension, something goes wrong. Maybe I should just-"

"*You're going to stay here and get us all back to normal!*"

The room fell quiet after Trixie's outburst. She covered her mouth and looked over at Twilight, who just smiled and turned back to her work. Sunset slowly slid back onto the couch she had been getting up from.

"im sorry."

"No, Sunset, that's my bad. I shouldn't have yelled at you."

"Don't be like that, Trixie-gal. You did nothing wrong. You just wanted her to be back to normal." Starlight reached up to stroke Trixie's mane, and she held her head in her hooves.

"Am I the only one of you psychological palette swaps who has any sense about them? That trick pony may hold herself on the same pedestal as Faust, but she hasn't done anything."

Before she could get out a word, Starlight immediately leapt to her defense, snapping at Twilight.

"She's trying to reform, why can't you recognize that?"

"It's hard to when she's still too oblivious to pull off a simple teleportation spell! Oh yeah, don't think I don't know about that, dear sweet Toothpaste mane!"

"You're nothing special either, Twilight. You're just a bitter old mare who can't let anyone be happy!"

"Is that what you think? I am a genius. What does the emo teenager think? Well, Sunnybuns?

"QUIET!"

Not a minute after her first one, Trixie burst out again, tipping over the coffee table with the force of getting up. Sunset and Starlight shank back, and Twilight smirked again.

"I AM SICK OF YOU! ALL OF YOU! IT'S BAD ENOUGH TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH MYSELF EVERYDAY, I DON'T WANT TO SPEND ANYMORE TIME WITH THE VARIOUS LAYERS OF MY SUBCONSCIOUS! I DON'T WANT TO ANALYZE HOW I FEEL ABOUT MYSELF, I DON'T WANT TO COME TO TERMS WITH MYSELF, I JUST WANT YOU TO GO BACK TO NORMAL! TWILIGHT, FINISH THE SPELL!"

Twilight nodded in approval and began charging her horn.

"SUNSET, WHAT MATTERS IS YOUR DEVELOPMENT AS A CHARACTER! YOU SHOULDN'T STOP TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR YOUR PAST, BUT YOU ALSO NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU'RE A BETTER PERSON NOW! TERRIBLE PEOPLE DON'T ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY'RE TERRIBLE!"

Sunset shrunk back and whimpered, but nodded nonetheless.

"STARLIGHT! I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE THE EMBODIMENT OF MY LOVE FOR MYSELF, OR MY LOVE FOR YOU, OR WHATEVER, BUT I... I... I APPRECIATE THAT YOU RECOGNIZE MY FLAWS AND LOVE ME NONETHELESS!"

Starlight nervously made a thumbs up out of magic in the air and let it dissipate.

Trixie took one more deep breath, and collapsed to the ground, holding her head and trying to shake out the knots forming inside it. She barely even noticed when the spell activated and her friends began to transform around her. She had decided that she was too sick of herself to care anymore.

PreviousChapters Next