• Published 20th Nov 2019
  • 2,158 Views, 356 Comments

Unpleasant Correspondence 2 (My Little Pony: Reign of the Goddess-Queens) - StormLuna



Everything has come full circle and now it is Twilight who sends her protege to Ponyville. Needless to say, Luster isn't one bit happy about it.

  • ...
34
 356
 2,158

PreviousChapters Next
The Quick Return of Bright Beam (S3 E27)

After sewing the tear in the fabric of space and time shut, Starlight began to fly through the darkness looking for Bright Beam. Given that she had just been tossed into limbo, she figured that it wouldn't take too long to find her. Unfortunately for Starlight, finding Bright Beam would not be as easy as she thought.

It took her several hours flying through the darkness to finally find her protégé. She continued to fly until she saw a pastel green Alicorn sitting off in the distance with her head held down. She landed behind the Alicorn and asked, "Bright Beam, can we talk?"

At first the Alicorn ignored her as she had absolutely no desire to speak with the one who had thrown her into limbo. Starlight would again ask, "Bright Beam, can we talk?"

Bright Beam screamed, "What the hell would you want to talk about? You cast me into limbo just so you can go marry that cheating bitch Cadence?"

Starlight knew that trying to get Bright Beam to listen was going to be tough given that she had just tossed her into limbo. Starlight began, "Bright Beam, I cast you into limbo because you tried to kill me and you tried to kill Cadence. When my Aunt Luna tried to kill my mom, she got banished to the moon." She tapped Bright Beam on the shoulder and continued, "Look, this isn't going to be forever. It will simply be until you have shown remorse and you will accept the fact that I love Cadence."

Bright Beam turned around and had a deep scowl on her face. "Starlight, I did what I did because I felt that she would do to you what Fluttershy did to Twibitch back in the day. I know how important commitment is to you and the fact that she is willing to give you that, you'll fall into her little trap and you'd be completely unable to run the country."

Starlight flared her horn up in anger, "How dare you Bright Beam, how dare you go thinking that Cadence would render me unable to run the country!"

Bright Beam knew that she was angering her mentor but given that she was already stuck in limbo, she figured she may as well be blunt as hell and show her the tough love she needed. "Look what happened to Twibitch when she was with Fluttershy. She committed to Fluttershy and she wound up locked away in her castle with no freedom at all. Look at what Twilight's sex obsession did to her, it kept her from being able to do her job and she had to pretty much abdicate. Hell, when it started to interfere with what is most important, I disbanded my harem. Now I can focus on the two most important things in my life, running Ponyville and caring for Shadow."

"Seriously, you disbanded your harem because it was interfering with your job?"

"Yes and I even quit banging Dear Darling during my lunch hour and the town hall is open during lunch time again. Yeah she isn't happy about it but oh well, I've decided to put Ponyville ahead of my desires."

Starlight was in a state of shock that suddenly Bright Beam had become a job first type of pony, sacrificing one thing that she seemed to enjoy so much. This gave her an idea, an idea that would involve a great amount of risk and might jeopardize her relationship with Cadence. She said, "Bright Beam, I want to make an offer here. This offer however will require that you accept the fact that I'm going to marry Cadence, that you apologize to her for the death threat and trying to kill her. I will say this, it is something that an ambitious pony like you will like."

Bright Beam asked, "Oh, and what is that?"

Starlight began, "With me going to be getting married, times will come when I might need a bit of advice. Before you pretty much hopped on the crazy train, I was going to offer you the position of not only being my royal advisor but I was going to offer you the position of Equestria's steward."

"Equestria's steward and your royal advisor?"

"Yes, steward. With that position, you would handle all the executive duties that I do while Cadence and I are away on vacations and knowing Cadence, she will likely want many of those. I am not about to disappoint her either and given your experience holding an executive position, I think you would be perfect for the job, but only if you accept the fact that I love Cadence and you won't try to kill her."

Bright Beam could hardly believe her ears. Just moments after trying to kill her, here was Starlight offering her a position of power, a very high level of power. While she did hate Cadence with a passion and believed that she may influence Starlight in a very negative way, she began to realize that perhaps that wouldn't be such a bad thing, maybe even a good thing. She then made a decision, "Starlight, I'm sorry for trying to kill you and Cadence. I know she makes you happy and know now that you will do an even job if you are with the love of your life."

Starlight gave her a smile and replied, "Very well steward, let's get out of here."

Starlight then tore open a hole in the fabric of space and time and the two returned to the cave before Starlight sewed it shut. When the two returned, Cadence had a look of shock on her face when she saw that her beloved Starlight returned with Bright Beam. She gasped, "Starlight, why did you bring her back? Why would you bring back the very pony who tried to kill both of us?"

Starlight replied, "Cadence sweetie, I had a good talk with her and she simply had a lapse in judgement, and that is something that we all have. I have had my fair share of those in my life."

She nudged Bright Beam prompting her to apologize, "Princess Cadence, I am sorry for trying to kill you. Like Starlight said, I had a lapse of judgement but after our talk, I now know that you won't cheat on my mentor nor will you break her heart."

Cadence nervously asked, "So you won't do anything to make me sleep with the fishes?"

Bright Beam gave her a smile, "Nope, I certainly won't."

Cadence sighed, "Alright, I'll trust you." She then turned to Starlight and added, "Now can we hurry up and get married? Our wedding keeps on being delayed and delayed by one thing or another. I'm sick of all this waiting."

Starlight gave her a kiss and replied, "Yes sweetie, we can get married soon now!"

The three exited the caves and took off towards Canterlot. Starlight and Cadence were flying up together while Bright Beam was flying behind them. She had a huge smile on her face realizing that while Starlight and Cadence would be gone that she would be the one in power. She also knew that she would have unrestricted access to all materials in the palace. She began to think to herself, "What if I was to be able to study enough that I could reach Starlight's level of power without anypony ascending me? Who knows, maybe I could become the sole ruler of Equestria!"

PreviousChapters Next