• Published 20th Nov 2019
  • 2,156 Views, 356 Comments

Unpleasant Correspondence 2 (My Little Pony: Reign of the Goddess-Queens) - StormLuna



Everything has come full circle and now it is Twilight who sends her protege to Ponyville. Needless to say, Luster isn't one bit happy about it.

  • ...
34
 356
 2,156

PreviousChapters Next
Rescuing Cadence (S3 E26)

After receiving that letter, Starlight was certain that her sister was responsible for the disappearance of Cadence. She knew that she likely took her to the Castle of the Two Sisters so she decided that she would get going right away but before she could take off, she heard two voices, those of her step-daughters.

Toolaroola asked, "Mom, where are you going?"

Coconut added, "Aren't you going to join us for breakfast?"

Starlight replied, "Not this morning girls, Cadence is missing and I am pretty sure I know where she is."

The two couldn't help but be concerned. They knew how Cadence was and believed that she could do better. "Mom, are you sure you should be going out and looking for her?" Toola asked.

Coconut added, "What if her and Twilight have something not so pleasant planned for you? What if they are trying to lure you into a trap?"

Starlight knew that the two were simply looking out for her but also knew that neither one of them trusted Cadence, nor did they exactly like her because of her past. She wanted to put their concerns to rest at least a little before leaving, "Girls, she hates Twilight now. She wants nothing to do with her so I know that isn't the case."

The girls let out a sigh and rolled their eyes before Starlight took off towards the one place she knew Twilight would probably take her. As she was flying there, the only thing that was crossing her mind was what sort of horrible things that Twilight might be doing to her beloved Cadence. The trip there went by quicker for her than she expected. Once she arrived, she flared up her horn ready to strike her sister so that she wouldn't be caught off guard. While Starlight knew that she was more powerful than her sister, she didn't want to take any chances.

Starlight began to explore the palace but heard nothing except silence. She was not all that familiar with the place and figured that if she was to find Twilight and Cadence, that she would likely have to find the royal bedrooms. As she passed the secret chamber that Twilight had discovered so long ago, she seemed drawn to it. She began to wonder if maybe Twilight was not even in the palace, that perhaps she had taken her elsewhere.

When Starlight headed into the chamber, she began to look for books that may reveal the location of some secret place. She was looking at the books but then noticed something about one of them. She noticed that one looked like it had been handled more recently than the others and figured that if any book revealed the location, that it would be the one.

She grabbed the book and noticed something strange, a hair was sticking out of the book, a gray hair. She opened the book to where the hair was and found that it went into detail of a cave that lied behind a waterfall in the deepest part of the forest, one that has multiple chambers. She then said to herself, "Alright Twibitch, when I find you, I'm unmaking you and I won't give a shit what anypony thinks!"

She again took a look at the hair in the book and knew that color looked so familiar. She then gasped, "Wait a minute, this looks like a piece of Bright Beam's mane!"

She could hardly believe what was running through her mind. For a very brief moment she thought that perhaps her protégé was the one who kidnapped Cadence given how much she hated her but then thought otherwise, "Come on Starlight, yes Bright Beam hates her but she'd never do that to her! Twilight must have cast a spell on this to make it look like hers."

Starlight then studied the map a bit more before taking off in the direction of it. At that moment she was even angrier with Twilight. Not only had Twilight kidnapped Cadence but was also trying to frame Bright Beam for the crime. By the time she reached the waterfall, she was ready to kill Twilight for what she had done. She easily teleported behind the waterfall and headed into the tunnel.

It would not be long until she would reach the first fork in the passage. She began to sniff thinking that maybe she could pick up on somepony's scent. She very quickly picked up on the scent of Cadence to the right and that is the way she headed. She sensed another pony's scent as well, that of Bright Beam. She grunted, "So sister, disguising your scent as that of Bright Beam? Well when I find you, you're dead meat. Nopony kidnaps Cadence and tries to frame my protégé and gets away with it, nopony!"

She continued to follow the strengthening scent of Cadence until she finally reached one final fork and that is when she heard the cries of a pony, the cries of Cadence. She immediately sped in that direction and when she approached a door, she heard the yells of another pony, a pony that she never expected.

"You filthy little slut, I'll make sure you don't break my mentor's heart. She is vulnerable and I know you're taking advantage of that! Well you won't be doing that, not on my watch!"

Starlight heard a whip cracking and then more cries of pain. She flared up her horn and readied herself to blast the door apart fully expecting to find Twilight emulating Bright Beam and be whipping Cadence violently. When she blasted the door apart, she could hardly believe what she saw. There was Cadence hanging from the ceiling by enchanted chains with Bright Beam beating her violently.

Starlight fired a bolt of energy at her protégé and yelled, "Bright Beam, you kidnapped Cadence?"

Cadence saw Starlight and exclaimed, "Starlight, I knew you'd come and save me!"

Starlight blasted the enchanted chains apart, causing Cadence to fall to the floor. Starlight rushed to her and embraced her. She began to cry, "Cadence, I was so worried about you." She then turned to her protégé and demanded an answer, "Bright Beam, why did you do this to Cadence? Why the hell would you betray me like this?"

Bright Beam gave her a look of disgust and snapped, "Why? Why? Because I know this little bitch will do nothing but cheat on you and break your heart." Starlight attempted to respond but Bright Beam would continue, "Look, I did this for your own good. Since love has clearly clouded your judgement, I felt as thought it was my duty, my moral obligation to kill the one thing that is making you weak."

Starlight flared her horn up in anger and screamed, "How dare you Bright Beam! How dare you think you know what is best for me. I love Cadence, she makes me happy and I'm going to marry her whether you like it or not."

Bright Beam saw a spear laying in the back of the cave and grabbed it in her aura. She began to laugh, "Not if I have anything to do with it." She readied to fire the spear and continued, "You know what, when I kill this bitch the whole country will celebrate, they will love me so much that they will demand you ascend me to your level and give me equal say in the governance of this country."

Starlight's eyes began to shine white as she readied herself to cast the most powerful spell she knew, the unmaking spell. "Alright Bright Beam, that is enough. This is TREASON and the only good tyrant is a non-existent one!"

Bright Beam sneered, "Well then, how about I take you out and then give your little marefriend to Colgate!"

With Starlight focusing so much on casting the unmaking spell, Bright Beam figured that she could take out her lovesick mentor. She fired the spear at her and scored a hit. Starlight let out a scream and Cadence yelled, "Nooooo!"

Luckily for Starlight, the spear did not penetrate her very far and immediately she pulled the spear out and gave Bright Beam a death glare, "Bright Beam, this is it! I never once imagined you'd do this but for what you did, death is the only punishment."

She took the spear and fired it at Bright Beam but she would be shocked when her protégé grabbed it in her aura. She laughed, "Come on now Starlight, you should know I could stop that! You did teach me after all so naturally I'm going to have quicker reflexes than that!" She then got an evil smile on her face and fired the spear at Cadence, scoring a hit on her in her abdomen.

The spear struck Cadence in the gut and she let out a cry of agony. Starlight screamed, "Cadence, no!"

She pulled the spear out and realized that if she didn't do something quickly, that Cadence would die. She then used a spell that she had used in the past, a healing spell. Immediately after casting it, Cadence was fine. Starlight embraced her and began to cry, "Cadence, are you ok?"

Cadence gave her a loving look, "Yes, I'm alright thanks to you." She then began to plead, "Look, I know she tried to kill us but please, forget trying to kill her! Just unmake her!"

Starlight replied, "You're right sweetie, I have to unmake her."

The two gave one another a loving kiss while Bright Beam sneered, "Oh isn't that so fucking sweet! You got Starlight to agree to unmake me!" She let out a cackle, "Well that ain't happening, you're not unmaking me!"

Starlight snapped, "Bright Beam you idiot, do you not know what infinitely powerful means?"

While what Bright Beam said to her angered her greatly, she still couldn't bring herself to unmake the pony who was her protégé and was as close to her as Toolaroola and Coconut Cream. She then chose another option. She flared up her horn and tore a hole in the fabric of space and time.

She grabbed Bright Beam in her aura and began, "You know what Bright Beam, you were like a daughter to me. You had always amazed me with your magic and pretty much everything you did but today you have shown your true self. You have shown me that you are a tyrant and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if you didn't have some sort of plan to take my sister and I out and claim Equestria as your own." She developed a deep scowl and added, "Was that your plan Bright Beam, had you become so ambitious that you believed you could take Equestria as your own?"

Bright Beam knew how powerful Starlight was and thought that by showing her own psychological strength in this situation that perhaps she could escape being tossed into another dimension. She stood tall and boasted, "Starlight, I did this for you. I know for a fact that she would cheat on you. She has always cheated on everypony she has claimed to have loved, everypony. I did not want to see you go through that kind of heartache nor did I want to see you fall to a point where love would cloud your judgement to the point where you couldn't run the country."

Starlight took a great amount of offense to the statement. To her this was Bright Beam calling her weak. "So you think that just because I am in love and will soon be married that I would be unable to run the country?" She levitated Bright Beam closer to the tear and demanded, "Now tell me, were you going to try and take Equestria as your own?"

In the past Bright Beam had cowered down at her mentor's anger but this time she would not. She snapped, "Well of course that was the reason. I knew that she would render you unable to run the country just like she rendered your already mentally unstable sister unable to do anything except the most pointless shit nopony cares about and I know for a fact that she'd do the same thing to you." Her voice became more angry as she continued, "You would likely wind up to where all you would care about is her. You wouldn't care about Equestria, you wouldn't care about your step-daughters or anything other than Cadence and making her happy." She then threw in one more snide comment, "Hell you'd probably let her do to you exactly what Fluttershy did to Twibitch! She'd keep you confined to the palace while she'd go out and buck anypony she damn well pleased!"

Starlight screamed, "That is enough Bright Beam! I'm not putting up with anymore of this!"

She then tossed Bright Beam into the alternate dimension before sewing up the tear in the fabric of space and time. Cadence then embraced her and exclaimed, "You did it sweetie, you got rid of her! Now we can get married without having to worry about her!"

Cadence was very happy over the events but Starlight felt a different emotion, sadness. She lowered her head and sighed, "I don't get it sweetie. She came from humble origins, she had always praised me over everything I did, I screwed over so many other ponies to make sure she was well off and happy but then she goes and does this. I practically raised her but in the end she winds up being nothing like me, she winds up being more like my sister. She tried her hardest to wind up making my life miserable."

Cadence suggested, "Do you think it was her hatred towards commitment that caused this? Do you think she didn't want to see you wind up like Luster Dawn and have a special somepony, a loving wife?"

"Perhaps but ultimately her and Luster got along so why would it be that?" A tear then ran down her face as she finished, "I think this is my fault sweetie, I'm the one who made her so cynical towards commitment when Twilight and I engaged in sisterly bonding." She then began to cry loudly, "I screwed her over Cadence, I screwed her over! This is all my fault, I ruined her."

Cadence gave her a gentle kiss and commented, "You didn't ruin her. She basically idolized you from what I understand and maybe she didn't want to lose the version of you that she idolized. Maybe she simply wanted her idol back, the idol as she knew her."

Starlight flared her horn up and said, "Cadence, I believe I can save her. I can't just let her be sitting there in limbo. I'm not going to use any kind of mind control magic. I think if I can spend enough time with her in limbo, I can get her to see that I'll still be the same Goddess-Queen she adores."

Before Cadence could respond, Starlight tore a hole in the fabric of space and time again. She turned to Cadence and finished, "Wait here, alright. I don't know how long this will take me but I plan on getting her to see the error of her ways."

Starlight then flew through the tear before sewing it closed behind her. She wanted to have a long one on one talk with her protégé alone. She knew that if she left the tear open, that Cadence may come through and interfere in her attempt to get Bright Beam to see her as she once did, a rational thinking pony who won't allow anything to cloud her judgement.

PreviousChapters Next