• Published 23rd Nov 2019
  • 3,338 Views, 23 Comments

Coarse Feathers and Gentle Scales - Spettro138



Spike and Gilda meet at a night time party in Ponyville Castle and find themselves sleeping together the next morning

  • ...
8
 23
 3,338

Books and Haybales

Spike's morning was turning more and more chaotic as each solitary second ticked by. He could tell you with absolute assurance that he never expected to wake up that morning beside a sweaty griffon or be drowned in a literal sea of books and paper created by his hapless adoptive mother. How she created the sea of books was another matter entirely he would have to solve later. His only hope that everyone else would be easier to find and less cataclysmic. Thankfully, all of the other doors in that corridor were closed, blocking the ocean of literature from bulldozing its way through the rest of the castle.

His first course of action was to place Twilight in a safe enough spot until she woke up from her severe hangover. Which would undoubtedly prove to be quite painful for the alicorn when it happens. With as much strength as he could muster, he pulled the alicorn's fore hooves over his shoulders and held them close as he dove down towards the floor. He remembered the layout of the castle well enough to get around, even with the new blockages that prevented him from seeing anything. He "swam" down a couple of hallways until he found the place that he was looking for. He could feel Twilight gripping even tighter as she groaned in her sleep. When he dove down deep enough, he was able to touch the floor with both feet. Pushing away books, he felt around the walls of the castle until he found an ornate door.

He pushed in and dashed inside before slamming the door closed before a flood of books could come careening inside. Turning around, he was thankful that he was correct in his assumption and found Twilight's royal bedroom. Even now, Spike was still not used to how spacious and large the bedroom was. He felt his arms burn as he dragged the heavy alicorn across the tiled floor. Spike swung her up on to the bed and threw the covers over her, hoping she would sleep off the rest of her hangover. Looking over to his own bed, Spike lumbered over hoping to get in a little more shuteye to alleviate the headache that he was still feeling. Just as he stepped into the mattress and was about to lay down for a nap, he could hear the tell tale signs of his caretaker stirring.

"Ughh...Spike? Are you awake?" the alicorn groaned.

The drake sighed in somewhat disappointment, staring at his satin blankets longingly before turning to Twilight to accept his fate for the day.

"Sure am!" Spike exclaimed sarcastically.

"What in Celestia's name happened last night? My head is pounding!" Twilight whined.

Spike went over to her curtains and opened them up suddenly, revealing blinding light that made the alicorn's headaches even worse. Twilight tried covering her face with her pillow but the pain just kept on disturbing her.

"The party last night for Gilda got out of hoof," Spike explained. "You might want to clear the corridors of your library before you go outside."

"Oh...yeah. The party. I remember welcoming Gilda at the surprise but then its all a blank."

Spike snorted at that.

"Probably for the best. Everyone is a mess out there."

"Wh-what do you mean clear out the corridors?" she asked painfully.

"All your books have flooded into the halls and now there's a sea of books in the hallways of the castle," Spike replied nonchalantly.

"WHAT???" Twilight shrieked as she jumped out of bed, but immediately regretted it.

Twilight felt her head and her stomach scream for relief and felt bile start working its way up her throat. Spike calmly pointed to her bathroom as he fixed up Twilight's bed and took off the soiled sheets while the alicorn sped inside and heaved all her stomach's contents into her toilet.

“... Sick... buaaaaghhh... Can't... bluuuuuuuu... Stop... uuuuuuugggg... Thinking... gggluuuuuu...” Twilight was panting heavily between heaves, straining to utter even single words. “Eating uaaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhh...”

The drake knew she wouldnt stop heaving, so he had to jump in and do something drastic to help her out. He calmly walked into the bathroom and grabbed ahold of Twilight's face.

Slap! - Her head rocked to the side, a sharp stinging sensation on the side of her face.
Slap! - Again the world rocked, and her face stung even more. Twilight was bewildered and confused.
Slap! - Suddenly Twilight realized that Spike was positioned in front of her, hitting her with his claw. She focused her attention on him.

She saw his hand was raised to strike her yet again, but it failed to strike. Abruptly he lowered his arm and backed away. A look of concern appeared on his face. “Feeling better?”

"Thank you," she replied bluntly after shaking herself off.

The drake wanted to laugh at her expense, but he knew better and kept it to himself. Ignoring his own discomfort, he took Twilight's dirty bed sheets and flung them into a nearby laundry hamper. He then took a trash can and picked up every last bit of offending party junk that had made its way into the alicorn's bedroom.

After Twilight had cleaned herself out, she was forced to exit her castle out of her bedroom balcony to get the full extent of the damages that had been done by the previous night's festivities. She flew about a half a mile away with Spike on her back to see the castle in its entirety.

"Alright, let's see what we got ourselves in--to" Twilight started as she turned around and dropped her jaw at the sight before her.

From top to bottom, there wasnt a single inch of the castle that wasnt covered in some form of streamer, toilet paper, or glitter. Even the main spire of the castle had not been spared from the onslaught of party materials. The front entrance was the worst of all. It looked like twelve separate parties had taken place just outside of her castle front doors. Dozens of ponies were splayed out all over her front lawn. Some of them were already waking up, feeling the full extent of their hangovers. Twilight was at a complete loss for words.She could not fathom as to how her home was bombarded like this but Spike provided a simple blunt answer to her internal question.

"Pinkie and Rainbow plus cider and sugar." Spike said unenthusiastically. "Most likely what happened."

Twilight looked back at Spike sitting on her haunches incredulously,

"How are YOU calm about all of this? You're acting like this is a normal every day occurrence!"

"With Pinkie's parties, kinda yeah." he shrugged.

"Yeah, but this is my castle! I cant let the princesses see my castle like this!" she panicked.

Continuing to look around, she spotted the "sea" of books that Spike had described through many of the castle's corridor windows.

"Oh no, Oh no, Oh no!"

Twilight opened one of the corridor windows and barely dodged being buried once again under her precious reading materials.

"Oh, I am so glad I reinforced all my books a few weeks ago with that damage resistance spell."

Twilight focused carefully, ignited her horn and touched one of the books. Spike saw that whatever she was about to try was putting an enormous strain on her body. She was sweating profusely as her horn began to glow brighter and brighter. A book glowed pink and sent an aura all through the other books until all the books in her castle were enveloped. Flashing her spell to activate it, the books were teleported out of her hallways in an instant and back into the castle library. When the deed was completed, she fell back onto her plot and started panting heavily.

"I... huff..should... huff...probably... huff...wait till...huff...I recover before teleporting that many objects like that again." Twilight wheezed out.

"Let's go inside and help everyone out." Spike suggested. "They should all be getting home. Then we should probably eat before we...ya know. Clean up."

"Agreed."

Meanwhile, across town one particular griffon was ready to climb into her own bed and sleep her head pains away. However, she had much luggage to unpack and a house she needed to start furnishing. It would be her first official day in Ponyville and despite how much she disliked manual labor, she knew that she couldnt live in an unfurnished house. Gilda was still feeling quite under the weather from her hangover and it affected her balance severely. She wobbled back and forth as she tried to walk down the street. Everything was making her feel dizzy, but thankfully she was able to make it to her new house without injuring herself.

Her vision was still heavily blurred and cloudy from her abrupt awakening in Spike's bed just a half hour earlier. The fresh morning air made her eyes water slightly, making everything within her sight look like a poorly made watercolor painting. She was able to make out the streets she needed to go down to reach her home easily enough. Even though it still made her feel nauseous just to move around.

While walking, she thought back to the poor traumatized reptilian boy she had woken up with. At first she was worried that they might have gotten into unsavory shenanigans while under the influence. However, she was quite relieved when she learned the opposite. The drake Spike was quite polite and gentlemanly to her despite the bizarre circumstances of their first official meeting. She could only imagine that he remained that way the previous night. Up until she had reconnected with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, Gilda wasnt much into making friends with anyone. She was cold and lonely for most of her life. Even in flight school as the only griffon there, she didnt know the proper way to socialize with any of the ponies.

As the newest resident of Ponyville, it was almost a certainty that she would have to now.

'Maybe I ought to go back later after purple and green has cleaned himself up and see what he's up to. It might be boring, but it won't be bad being around the little wimp I guess.' she thought to herself.

Suddenly, she found herself stumbling over something rough and scratchy as she slipped and slammed front side first into a small wagon that had rolled into her path. Before darkness met her sight, she swore she saw something small, purple and orange controlling the wagon.

"What the heck?" a tiny raspy voice said. "Aw man, I hope you didnt ruin those! I need them for a stunt course."

Gilda felt her head stuffed into what seemed to be a pile of hay bales stacked up on top of each other.

"I'm glad your hay bales take priority over my stomach," Gilda groaned with discomfort.

She tried to push herself out of the wagon, but it started to rock and buckle.

"Wait! Wait Wait!" the little voice pleaded.

She was too late as Gilda slid forward into the wagon even more and felt herself moving.

The user of the wagon, Ponyville's resident scooter rider Scootaloo tried jumping to the handle to save the griffon, but just barely missed and fell on to her face. She lifted her head and her eyes turned to pin pricks as the wagon started moving towards the town's only steep hill road. Mustering what little strength she had in her body, Gilda lifted her head out just enough to see the catastrophe that was about to happen before her stomach dropped into her feet.

"Oh fuck!!!!!"

Bouncing on any small obstruction the cart came across, the rolling wagon felt more like a bumper car trying to kill her. The constant movement did nothing pleasant for her stomach as she was tossed up and down. She could hear several voices passing by in the wind, presumably from some of the residents of Ponyville that were lucky enough not to have been caught in a hangover at the party.

"Hey!'

"What in the world?!"

"Watch it!"

"Ass HOOOLLLLE!"

Scootaloo panicked as she watched the chaos unfold. Vendors were plowed into and destroyed, benches, crates, and even the occasional table was crushed by the wagon barreling down the hillside. The filly's heart dropped when she saw a group of older mares walking across the street in the direct path of the wagon. She leaped on to her scooter and tried catching up with the wagon before disaster struck. It worked somewhat as her speed picked up rather rapidly, allowing her to almost grab the handle. Scootaloo panicked as the voices of the older mares getting closer and closer.

"Did you pick up the strudels for rummy night Tin Cell?"

"Oh yes! I got it early yesterday with my coupons. That Applejack was raised well to offer such good deals."

"Too bad she's probably drunk this morning again."

"Oh, she's just at that age dearie, she'll grow out of it."

Gilda suddenly felt a sudden violent jolt which sent her flying out of the wagon over a hundred feet away and splashing into the Town Square Fountain. The griffon landed with a splat as her limbs were all spread out. The impact felt like hitting concrete which stung like crazy.

Scootaloo was at a loss for words when she saw the wagon be suddenly stopped by a hidden rock in the road and Gilda flying through the air. The older mares just continued across the street normally like they had not even acknowledged their danger or Scootaloo's presence. She winced in empathy and pain as she witnessed the griffon splatter like a bug on a windshield against the water of the fountain.

"Miss Gilda!" Scootaloo cried out in worry.

She ran over to the fountain and peered in where she saw Gilda sitting there in the ice cold water with a miserable look on the hen's face.

"Are you gonna be alright? I'm so sorry!"

The griffon turned to the filly with a sick, tired look in her eyes.

"Hm? Oh...hi. You must be Scootaloo. Rainbow told me a lot about you.

"Are you alright Miss Gilda? Sorry about the wagon"

"Yeah, I think I'll be alright. No prob at all squirt. I just need to... find a place to lie down before I...before...bleeaghhhuurruggle...blleeeuaaagh..bluugh.. blugh...blugggggh

Scootaloo could only try to hold in her own lunch as Gilda expelled even more of her own into the bushes outside the rim of the fountain.. Presumably from weeks back that she had completely forgotten was left in her own stomach. As she went through more of her own misery, she had only hoped the castle was better off than she was.

Next Time: Griffon House Call

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long guys, my other fics have been keeping me preoccupied. Here's some more morning shenanigans with drunk ponies and griffons before I start getting into the meat of the story.

Comments ( 8 )

It’s alive! Nice stuff dude, looking forward to the next chapter.

Misery and hangovers love company

This was a nice chapter, can't wait.

I really hope you can continue this fic, so far it has been quite the funny and enjoyable read

10694789

A year later and believe or not, I still want to see this fic continúe (there’s a reason why this is one of the few fics I have in my tracking list)

11214508
Yeah, sorry. Trying to be better at getting stuff done this year. Having writers block on one of my other fics so I may do this one again

Login or register to comment