• Published 20th Apr 2019
  • 5,653 Views, 141 Comments

A new guiding Star - Amethyst Sparkle



The Hive has suffered generation after generation of cruel rulers. After a fateful wedding, a fateful bite, they finally have a star to guide them through the night.

  • ...
10
 141
 5,653

Battle for Canterlot

Shining Armor could not convey into words just how peeved he was at what just happened, which in turn he could also not fully comprehend to have just occurred.

He didn't seriously just WATCH his wife taken away by no doubt the same changeling that had threatened her continued existence in this world, did he?

He did, and all he could do was scream pointlessly at the rapidly disappearing lavender dot in the night sky.

First he was a failure as a Brother, then as protector of the public, then now as a Husband.

All again, because of them.

If they hadn't barged their way into his life all this failure wouldn't have happened.

All their fault.

It could've been worse.

Shining was brought out of his murderous brooding by the sound of rapidly flapping wings, their owner confirmed after a voice shortly shouted;

" CAPTAIN! CANTERLOT IS UNDER ATTACK!"

Shouldn't have said that.

Shining whipped his head around just as Stormy went into view, his eyes wide as if he too could not believe what he just said.

Shining had an incredulous look on his face.

" How in the fuck did that happen?!"

Stormy flinched. " Nopony knows! All I've gathered is that one moment it was a normal quiet night, and suddenly green explosions occured in the Park. Then the things just came pouring into the city!"

Shining growled in anger. " Those monsters have portals!?"

" Apparently. Now they're tearing apart homes, attacking everypony." Stormy reported.

The unicorn sighed. " What of the guard?"

" Already deployed with Princess Luna in charge. I was sent to get you." Stormy then suddenly looked confused.

" Where's your wife?"

Shining glared at him. " I'll deal with that later. How about Princess Celestia?"

Despite the situation, Stormy found it odd that Shining didn't answer his question. Other than his duty, family and friends, Shining's wife was everything to him. Why this attitude?

Nevertheless he answered curtly, " Engaged in Battle with the changelings near the portals."

Shining lit up his horn as he summoned his sword out of the void unicorns had the privilege of tapping into. Without a word he unsheathed it.

The blade shone hungrily for blood.

" That's all I need to hear."

---------------

< Pulse! Rod! Light! Are you in position? >

< Yes Mom. Team E in Base Echo south of Canterlot Castle! >

< Teams A through D! >

< Positioned in Bases Alpha, Beta, Charlie, Delta!>

< Patrol reports! >

< Loki reports the attackers come from three portals in the Park near a Crystal Cave entrance. All activity confirmed in Canterlot vicinity. No oncoming force as of now. >

< Good enough for me. Commence Operation: Secure! >

--------------------

Princess Luna.... Never in her long life did she ever think she would one day find an invasion of her home to be FUN.

But who could blame her?

There was just the fact that she knew they were few steps ahead of the enemy, the fact that they were prepared, the fact that it was a secret that made her feel safe.

Even as a feral Convert almost ripped her face in half.

Knowing that her friends and nieces and nephews were coming to stop this threat just gave her a sense that she should just enjoy this.

She should just enjoy watching the attackers, specifically Chrysalis, continue thinking that they surprised them, that they were in control.

That tonight was their night, that glory would be theirs.

The thought of proving them wrong made her smile gleefully.

" Princess! There are too many! The guards are too few, and they are also preoccupied with trying to evacuate the citizens!" A guard beside her reported worriedly as he smacked a Praetor, thank Summer's lessons on Changeling ranks, through a line of converts with his shield.

She kept smiling. The only real threat here was the threat of casualties. That alone was easy, the swarm was too focused on trying to bring down her and Celestia, proving that while invading from inside and doing so suddenly may be smart, apparently Chrysalis' planning skills halted just there and went nowhere else.She was leaning on the element of surprise too greatly.

At least the Wedding Scheme was better.

" Fear not, dear guard, and just enjoy the rush." She grinned as she bucked a few changelings to a building. The crunch of their chitin and yelps of pain awakened her battle spirit more than it already was. Though she secretly knew that was too much for beings probably fighting against their will, and that crunch was too loud for comfort when Twilight specifically requested to NOT kill a Convert.

The guard looked absolutely flabbergasted. " What?!"

She kept her smile. " Friends are coming."

The guard pushed a changeling away from their spot again, before risking a questioning look at her.

" Wh-"

The ground suddenly shook, stopping all activity temporarily. Luna smiled wider than she already was as the telltale sound of spellcasting rang through the air, and when she looked up to see the lavender bowl descend upon the entirety of Canterlot, the faces of the attackers were forever etched into her immortal mind.

She smiled as she hefted her axe, for whacking, not slicing or she would regret it of course, drawing all attention to her as she showed her progress in her modern language lessons;

" Now you're all fucked up."

---------


< Operation: Secure is set! >

< Perfect. Proceed to Operation: Contain! >

< Yes, My Queen! You heard her, 18! Bring the foals in! The Sun and Moon definitely already left unconscious Converts around! >

< Copy that, 324! >

---------------

" Alright! Foals of the Amethyst Hive, the stage is yours!" 18 lit up his horn as he opened a hole in the lavender shield encompassing Canterlot.

What he was allowing entry to was quite a sight; all the foals of Ponyville and Twilight's most recent clutch in 10 groups, each one containing four youngsters bearing 'nervouscited' faces. Each Earthpony in one group was attached to a stretcher on a wagon, and the rest carried a couple of toys like slingshots and marbles as weapons.

Boy they sure hurt a lot.

Leading them was a young Purple Dragon, same height as Celestia and same wingspan even. He was fairly built, not too thin and not too buff. His tail was as long as his body, and on his face was a goofy grin.

" Everyfoal remember their bases?!" He asked, stopping in front of the opening, barely crossing the threshold for a final check.

The Foals replied with a collective 'yeah!!'

Spike grinned. " Then, FOR EQUESTRIA!" He yelled taking to the air, rallying everypony with a column of green fire larger than him.

Cheers echoed not just from the foals as they ran through, heading immediately where the sounds of fighting echoed from, but also from the good 100 or so Changelings and another 100 or so Thestrals.

Colourful, Purple, Black, then Midnight Blue.

That was the stream of determination that entered through 18's shield opening.

18 smiled as he followed the last thestral inside, resealing the shield.

" Best Queen, Best Hive, Best Family."

-------

Princess Celestia lit her horn as a Praetor shot a beam of menacing green at her wings, trying to eliminate her ability to fly.

She returned the gesture and sent him crashing through a building, making even the most feral of the Converts back away for a brief moment before trying to bite her face off again.

Despite this, much like Luna, she was unable to stop a smirk.

This was the most fun she's had in years, actually battling and not with politics as the battlefield.

Tonight her weapons were not words, tonight they were her magic.

She was very well aware that Phase 1 of Twilight's plan was successful, if the shield was any indication, which only fueled her happiness.

It was too soon to celebrate, but even Fate could not deny that this battle was obviously an instant win for Harmony.

The Praetor shakily stood up and glared at her kicking a Convert as gently as she could to a group of more Converts, snickering.

" That's all you've got, Celestia? And here I thought you are all-powerful." He hissed.

Celestia just chuckled, seeing his obvious bait. He 'knows' that if she complied she would be killing her ponies, but he doesn't know that she knows too.

" I just wanted to have a little fun, Praetor." She smiled as she saw him tense up at the rank.

The Converts had paused for a moment, trying to see where this conversation would lead, or rather, Chrysalis had heard the comment and was interested to know where Celestia got even the information of Changeling Ranks.

She has yet to notice the shield though, controlling thousands of minds can leave one's own to be scattered at least once in a while.

Celestia used this tension to raise her front hooves and slam them hard against the concrete, releasing a shockwave that made a small crater in the cement and knocked the air out of everyling in the surrounding area.

Of course they were immediately replaced, there were thousands, but Celestia only continued smiling and fighting back, no doubt they thought they would tire and overwhelm her.

No doubt they didn't see the wave of purple, black and blue coming towards them, too.

------------

" Uncle 324 wasn't kidding about unconscious bodies." Positive muttered as he and Scootaloo lifted a Convert to AppleBloom's wagon, Sweetie Belle meanwhile was standing right behind them with her horn lit to keep watch.

The young unicornling sighed in relief as they finally placed all of the Convert within the confines of the stretcher and had the straps on tightly, wiping his brow.

As soon as they had entered inner Canterlot dozens of unconscious Converts were everywhere, as well as purebloods, making the Foals of the Amethyst Hive the first of the on field group to do their job.

They were quite proud to be entrusted with such a responsibility, and they were determined to finish it, even as this was only their third body and they were already a bit tired.

Their Base was a bit too far, and it would take 30 minutes before the first shrinking of the Shield area, which would bring the bases closer and force all of Canterlot to watch the two hives fight.


" Ah saw it comin'. There were thousands of 'em Converts pourin' outta that portal. Princess Celestia 'n Luna probably wanted to lower the numbers the Hive would fight." Appleboom grinned as Sweetie Belle gave the signal and they started to run back to their base, which was South west of Canterlot.

Scootaloo flew, she still couldn't believe she was even after 18 healed her, right beside them with her slingshot ready, eyes scanning the surroundings.

" You're probably right. But they better fight slow if they want us to rescue every fallen convert out here before the Shrink!" She muttered.

Positive looked at Sweetie Belle, who had been silent since the March to Inner Canterlot.

" Sweetie? You alright?" He asked.

The unicorn filly flinched, but nodded.

" Come to think of it, you've been quiet since the March." Scootaloo noticed.

Swettie Belle grinned. " I'm just being silent, ya know? This is our first REAL mission. With REAL enemies and stuff! I know I should take it seriously, but I can't help but feel like I'm supposed to have fun."

" I- Oh. Suppose you're right." Positive chuckled.

" Hey Ya'll? We're almost there, Ah think!" Applebloom whispered as they slowed their pace a bit on a downhill road.

Base C was an open field, separating the City and the forest that grew on Mount Canter. The group hurriedly ran out of the last alley to the designated spot.

They could see Four lavender spots, and about 5 blacks sheltered by those blue tents used often for evacuation situations.

They got closer, and one familiar face, or rather, gender and cutiemark, greeted them.

" Great job! That's your third body! Come! " Bandaid smiled as Applebloom stopped right outside the tent, allowing him and Sweetie Belle magic the Convert out of the straps.

" Wh-At about, Ca-Candy's team?" The earthfilly asked, breathing heavily. Despite her race's well-known endurance and strength, running while dragging a wagon containing something thrice her and said wagon's weight put together is not an easy feat.

Bandaid grinned. " They're catching up, at least. You're still ahead with one body."

" Wait, I was not made aware that it's a competition." Positive protested.

Scootaloo snorted. " Do we need to? It's obvious it's a competition! Now come on! Candy's team might out-rescue us!"

" One, that's not a word, and two, easy for you to say." Positive gestured to the panting Applebloom, who emphasized the action with a glare at Scootaloo.

The pegasus filly laughed nervously at Positive's smug smile.

" Oh, right."

" Let's just rest here for a few minutes, then come back with two bodies." Sweetie Belle suggested.

" Splendid Idea. It's almost time for the Shrink anyway." Bandaid gestured at the three other changelings, just outside the tents positioned in a triangle, their horns lit and shot at an angle that allowed them to converge into a thicker beam, which in turn is also at an angle that made it meet the four others at the veey center of the shield surrounding Canterlot.

" I thought the Shrink was only to happen if 30 minutes passed since the March. It's barely even 10!" Positive reminded.

Bandaid nodded. " That's true. But the Shrink is also to happen if Operation: Contain is done."

" Well.... Is it?" Applebloom panted out, though not as intensely as when they just arrived.

Bandaid just chuckled. " Nope. But also yes."

-----------


Infiltrator 900 clicked his tongue disapprovingly as his fellow pureblood, one of the reborn no less, fell because of the Sun Alicorn's magic.

He expected at least three more blows before a Reborn could be taken down.

But clearly he had overestimated the power of his brethren.

So he took another approach and backed into the horde, watching The Sun Princess as she fought off the overwhelming amount of Changelings.

She was fighting a smile, that much was obvious, and 900 could tell she wasn't taking this seriously.

Curious.

A Reborn, finally using his brain it seems, suddenly erupted in green flames, disappointingly startling the others. In his place was a huge black furred diamond dog, and with this he dug straight through the Concrete and under the ground.

What a powerful use of a digging spell, impressively so with the form he assumed.

Celestia instantly found herself surrounded by flashes of green after that, then by thousands of holes in the ground.

She lit her horn as she scanned the surroundings, probably expecting the Reborns to surprise her from underneath.

But then to Celestia's surprise and 900's pride, The Reborn from before emerged as a giant Sabertooth Tiger, fangs at ready.

Celestia was caught so off guard she didn't even had a spell ready; instead she just opened her wings in a reflex.

900 waited for the Reborn's fangs to sink, but then, now to HIS surprise, a purple blur shot through the air and intercepted the Reborn, mouth clamped against his neck as they crashed through a nearby building.

The victor emerged, and it was the purple wolf.

900 thought it was most peculiar, until more purple THINGS, creatures of every kind in every shade of lavender swooped in fron every direction, fighting the oncoming Converts and even pulling out the Reborns straight out of the holes.

900's mind was blank.

WHERE THE FUCK DID ALL THESE THINGS COME FROM!?

WHAT IN THE EVER CHANGING FRICK ARE THEY?!

< WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?! > Was his grace's demand.

He didn't answer, he was too busy watching the sky, which was also the battlefield for his swarm and... THE THESTRALS!?

" If it ain't Right hoof Ninety-Oh."

900 whirled around and saw a pureblood with purple eyes, leaning against the wall of the alley he had hidden in.

That pose. That smile.

He snarled. " Soldier 215."

215 grinned, still leaned against the wall. " That's me! Like our surprise?"

900 blinked. Our?

" .... This Swarm is your new Hive?" He hesitantly asked.

215 nodded. " Bingo! Knew you'd figure it out. New Queen's Children. Quite Powerful for drones, aren't they?"

" Drones?!" 900 failed to stop his outburst at that comment. There was no possible way THOSE, especially with their chosen forms ( Goodness is that a DRAGON?! ), are mere drones.

" Oh yeah. Most are drones." She said nonchalantly.

What Queen could possibly have that powerful swarm of JUST drones?! Even the first mother couldn't have drones who could even transform into a wolf!

" You must have risked a lot to be able to infiltrate that shield the Captain put around the City." He muttered, trying to regain his composure.

Only for it to be shattered at 215's snort.

" Pfft, Shining Armor? That shield? Nah, that's ours."

What?!

" A-Ah, I see. You wish to take Canterlot for yourselves." He tried.

215 grinned. " Nope."

900's mind simply froze. It was too much.

" Want to know why, Ninety-Oh?" She smirked, and suddenly 900 could feel many eyes upon him.

He looked up.

They were surrounded by all those Purple Changelings and the Thestrals.

He looked at 215, with admittedly a bit of fear.

She smiled. " It's our Queen's Home. No one touches Equestria."

---------

" Why are there many bodies around Inner Canterlot?" The wolf asked Celestia with a smile after flinging a Convert out of her path and making sure to blink at the Sun Princess.

Celestia blinked back and smiled, after also scanning the wolf's flank for identification.

" We wished to lower the numbers, Mariposa."

Mariposa chuckled before pouncing on a Praetor that tried to sneak up on her aunt.

" You gave quite the work for the Foals. I hear all bases have at least 30 bodies each by now."

Celestia gave a worried look. " They aren't hurt, are they?"

" Relax, Auntie. They aren't hurt, just tired. Spike's watching over all of them." Mariposa reassured.

Celestia still felt unsatisfied. She took it out on the Convert that tried to spit gel on her horn with a well-placed fire spell.

" You should have seen them in training, even when it was just for fun. They're great, Auntie. Trust them."

Celestia sighed. " It's not like I have a choice, don't I?"

The wolf grinned, showing every fang. " Nope!" She laughed, and Celestia couldn't help but join in as well.

--------------

Chrysalis was watching all the fighting through the eyes of her Converts, jumping from one changeling to another, each one immediately falling unconscious.

Her numbers were starting to dwindle, with this new swarm trying to take her glory.

Why were they here in the first place?

Did someling reveal her plans to a rival Queen?

She needed to find out.

< 900? Infiltrator 900? >

No response.

She frowned. It was impossible he was defeated too! He was the most perfect out of her first clutch, he was the best second only to her!

She growled. This new Queen had planned well. Maybe even as well as her.


No. This was not going to happen. This needs to stop. This needs to stop before the tables turned. This needs to stop before her swarm shows weakness. This needs to stop now!

" 173!" She yelled.

No movement, no sound. She scanned her surroundings. The building stayed quiet.

That is until she looked behind her, and she had to admit even she flinched a bit when two blue eyes met her own.

" My Queen?" He asked in a monotone.

She gulped and regained her composure.

" You shall be my escort. There is a new factor in this game, one that shall need my attention. This has gone on for long enough."

--------------


< We've managed to cut down the swarm to a manageable hundred! Proceed with Operation: Contain! >

< Aye Espada! Group 'em all in the Park! >

< If that's the case we're moving in! >

< Me and Ol' Axiom are ready to take the skies as our own! >

< Mom and Cadence already evacuated the citizens near the park! >

< Still in disguise, noling thought of impersonating anyling. I see Ateh Star and her crew. >

< Watch our backs then, Summer! >

< Go! >

-----------

All of the Amethyst hive and the Thestral Swarm suddenly backed away from whatever fight they were engaged in, seemingly afraid all of the sudden.

The Badlands hive were confused, watching the admittedly stronger group flee as if their life depended on it.

The BattleField that was once the great coty of Canterlot lapsed into silence, crackles of fire and falling debris the only song it sang.

The Celestial Sisters too, spread out their wings and flew to the skies, as if retreating.

Hope and confidence started to creep back into the hearts of the Badlands Hive, happy and thankful for whatever force, be it fear or stupidity, that secured their place as Equestria's conquerors.

Greater than Sombra, Greater than Discord, Greater than Nightmare Moon.

Cheers and mocking laughter erupted from the Hive, as Changelings rejoiced.

" GLORY TO HER GRACE! HER PLAN SECURED OUR PLACE! HER WIT GREATER THAN SWORD OR MACE!"

They laughed and laughed, none noticing the returning enemies.

Purple, Blue and Black formed a wall of tight formation, all bearing horns glowing at their intensity.

Then the first volley hit true.

Shouts of joy turned to screams of fear as the closing wall of enemies drew ever near.

Like how wolves herd their prey, instinct drew all of the remaining Badlanders to the park whence they came, the menacing stares of the fliers and Earth-Bound and the magical force of the spell-slingers being an added motivator.

Once the Hive was struggling to get past the Park gates and fence, the Equestrians slowed down.

Smirks crossed their faces.

Operation: Contain; Success.

Operation: Protect; Proceed.

Protect Canterlot.

----------

< The portals! They're still intact! >

< Let me through you vile scum! I am of higher rank! >

< Our Queen! SAVE US! >

----------

The Badlanders scrambled across the grass, pushing each other as instinctual fear was ever present.

The green gateways of magic called their names, promises of a safe underground hive almost driving them insane.

There was still hope, there was still a chance, there was st-

CRACK!

All three portals suddenly imploded, letting loose a small shockwave that took both the changelings themselves and their hopes to the wind.

They all tumbled through the grass, yelps and groans of pain their final verse.

Revealed in the Portals' place were three of the Equestrians, all fatigued but victory in their snouts.


The lavender shield shimmered as the ground shook, throwing the Badlanders around even more and striking more fear into their hearts. By now they were fully like animals trapped in a corner, panicking and unable to think a single coherent thought.

The shield slowly closed in until it was only a few steps from the entire park's fence, and the Badlanders could only stare as the Amethyst Hive, the Thestral Swarm, and the Traitors landed, all staring at them with mischief in their eyes.

A male Unicornling smirked and said, " Auntie Luna chose the wrong moment to say this, but I think now's the most perfect one of all."

He leaned down as if to whisper a secret against the nearest Praetor's ear, but his voice was loud and clear.

" NOW you're all fucked up."

----------------

Those things shrunk their shield and are all gathered around that park they sprouted from.

The Princesses must be in there.

I hefted my sword.

Grimacing, I wiped the repulsive green slop off the magical blade on a nearby curtain.

Ugh, at least I'm doing my job as Captain.

Oh well, time to trudge off another Battlefield.

Another day, Another war....

Changelings forever in my way.

But not for long.

--------

The park was in pandemonium.

Black mixed with Purple and Blue as the Badlanders scrambled and fought for their lives.

The Amethyst Hive were laughing at the ridiculousness of it all, wasn't this the hive who drove their Uncle to PTSD?

They weren't even killing; just knocking the Converts out and throwing them beyond the barrier for the Foals to tend to.

Green flashes of magic were their only obstacle, but even that was a piece of cake.

Their Mother was the Element of Magic, a simple blast was like a breeze against a tornado.

It was a painfully obvious win, even if Luna and Celestia weren't helping in knocking them all out.

But they had to give it to them, they fight like rabid dogs.

" QUEEN TWILIGHT SPARKLE!"

Scuttling stopped.

Spells remain uncast.

Everyone's eyes trained to a towering figure amongst the chaos, her menacing growl and gleam of fangs confirming her identity.

" I CHALLENGE THEE! QUEEN AGAINST QUEEN! OR ARE YOU TOO MUCH OF A COWARD?!" Chrysalis proclaimed.

The Badlanders scrambled to her side, prompting the others to do the same with Celestia and Luna.

The two Princesses frowned and readied their weapons.

" Chrysalis." Luna began.

The Queen hissed. " This does not concern you yet! Where is the foolish nymph!?"

The Battlefield remained silent, the Amethyst Hive wary but far from afraid.

A changeling in a blue hoodie rose from the crowd, in the middle of both Sisters.

A blue eye surveyed every inch of the Queen's body.

" What do you want with our Mother?" Was her calm voice.

Chrysalis scowled. " Who do you think you are, drone?!"

The unicornling smirked.

" Drone? I'm a unicornling. And as to who I am, I'm Summer Sparkle. Jack of all trades." She laughed.

" You want to challenge mom, eh?"

Chrysalis bared her teeth. " Are you deaf?!"

Summer's eye twinkled. " I'm assuming that's a changeling tradition. And that Mom has no choice."

Silence means yes.

" But you're forgetting one thing." She winked.

All of the changelings suddenly erupted into purple flames, in their place hundreds of identical copies to one Twilight Sparkle.

Luna could hardly hold her giggle at Chrysalis' dumbfounded face.

The Twilight in front of the Queen bore a blue eye, but was nevertheless smiling despite her bad shift.

" We're not changelings. What stops us from taking you down together?"

The air was tense.

Chrysalis snarled at all the Twilights, for once in her life feeling unsure.

She hadn't considered their ability to choose what tradition of both of their races to follow.

Hybrids always had the most problems, but also the most loopholes if they're smart.

And this swarm was most definitely smart, considering their Queen.

" Enough, Summer."

All of the swarm reverted back to normal forms, eyes trained at one remaining Twilight.

But this one was obviously the original.

Purple Carapace, signature mane, Cutie Mark, Unicorn Horn, Feathered wings and determined look.

The faulty changeling chuckled.

" I was having fun though. But the stage is yours, mother dear."

< We're going to have a long talk about that eye of yours. >

Summer grinned as she backed away.

Twilight locked eyes with Chrysalis as she came forward, the other boring into her very soul.

" So you weren't paralyzed. Pity."

Twilight just frowned.

" I accept your Challenge, Queen Chrysalis of the Badlands Hive."

Chrysalis snarled. " So be it, QUEEN TWILIGHT SPARKLE. "

As if by divine power, all of the respective swarms backed away, making a circular arena for the two Queens.

Luna and Celestia looked like they wanted to argue, but was stopped by Summer.

" Don't worry, Aunties. Mom can handle Oldbag over there. "

And so the first blast started the real Battle for Canterlot.

Chrysalis fired a bolt of electricity against the younger Queen, who dodged it by taking flight.

The older was quick to follow, and it turned into an aerial battle.

Twilight's flapping simulated that of a dragon, using the peculiar movement to expertly maneuver herseld in the air to avoid five firebolts.

Her own horn lit as she encased herself in a body shield, before diving at Chrysalis.

It hit, and she could hear Chrysalis' curse as she sped past.

Larger firebolts followed the purple Queen, and soon the older one herself.

Twilight made a sharp right to make the larger firebolts hit the ground instead of her, and while it worked the older Queen fired an airbolt, a bolt of compressed air, straight at her neck.

She yelped as she crashed against the grass, making a small crater, but disappeared in a purple flash right as Chrysalis dropped like a weight from the sky with a gravity spell intent on making a purple pancake.

Twilight reappeared in the air behind Chrysalis and hit her with an ice spell to freeze her wings.

It hit and Chrysalis buckled from the pain before harshly turning around, horn encased in green.

In that split second her wings flapped hard to break off the ice, her legs pushed her off the ground, and her horn locked against Twilight's, pushing them through the air and out of the circle.

They hit a few buildings, but Twilight took most of the damage on her back, wings, and especially her horn, who was the reciever of Chrysalis' assault.

She grunted as she escaped Chrysalis' lock with a quick teleport, eliciting pain from her horn, and fired a firebolt at Chrysalis' back to send her faceplanting against the road.

It made a small crater, and Twilight hit a nearby building to send it crashing down the Queen.

The Queen barely had time to stand when hundreds of tons of cement hit her entire being.

Twilight took the time to breathe, watching the dust settle as she landed on a nearby tower.

She wasn't worried she killed the Queen, she knew she was probably hit by worse.

This was proven true when the building suddenly erupted into a million pieces, a black claw reaching out to her.

She screamed as she barely dodged, the building she had been on suffering what could've been her fate.

She glared at the dragon, who on closer inspection was more insectoid than reptile.

Chitinous scales, solid green eyes, a scorpion tail. She was as big as a ten story building.

Chrysalis conjured fire in her mouth and wreathed the battlefield in green flames, making Twilight rise higher to be an easy target.

She was rather surprised when Twilight tackled her as another dragon, one of purple scales and blue eyes, her claws feeling a little more real than a normal changeling shift.

It must be because they really are shapeshifting, not just with the form and just using a similar spell to copy the form's powers.

Twilight tried to push the larger dragon off balance, digging her claws to make Chrysalis focus more on the pain than on what she was trying to do.

While Chrysalis was trying to bite down on her eyes, nonetheless.

But after 30 seconds of pushing and retaliation, Twilight felt her spines go erect. This species of dragon use their spines to tell of danger, and with how stiff they are it was very, very, near.

Chrysalis grinned.

Time slowed down as Twilight turned to see a poisoned barb of a tail mere inches from were her heart would be, and her life flashed before her eyes.

Her family, her children, her mentor, her friends, her hive, her home....

Her... Br-

A purple paw grabbed the barb, and with one twist of a wrist, snapped it off.

A scream came from the black dragon as green globs of changeling blood poured out of the wound, and Twilight found herself pushed aside by another dragon.

It was the same size as them both, only fur, feathers for it's wings, covered it's draconic body. It had a familiar blue eye, and where a dragon's horns would be were large wolf ears.

Summer pushed her mother away and grabbed Chrysalis' neck with her fangs, crunching down hard and almost let go to smile at the sound.

Chrysalis immediately burst into green flames as her shift shattered, appearing to have lost her right hoof and bloody all over as she hurtled from the sky, caught by Summer's soft purple paw.

Twilight stared as Summer grinned at the queen literally in her hand, fearing at what her daughter might do.

Summer looked at her, before turning back to normal.

Twilight immediately followed, and when she was back on the ground she found Summer staring at the Queen with a creepy smile.

" She's still alive, just shocked I helped."

Twilight sighed in relief, Summer was being her usual self.

" Thank you, Summer."

Summer winked. " No problem mom. It was fun. How about you go and celebrate with the others?"

Twilight blinked. " What others?"

Summer pointed a hoof behind her, and Twilight turned despite the pain in her neck.

The hive, her friends, and the Princesses were running toward her.

" TWILIGHT/ MOM!" Was the collective scream before she was hugged first by Pinkie, then the rest.

She laughed even as she struggled to breathe.

" I need...Oxygen, guys!"

They backed away sheepishly, before immediately bombarding her with all kinds of congratulations.

" HOORAY!"

" Nice fighting there, Egghead!"

" Mighty fine indeed."

" You were so graceful darling!"

" ....yeah."

" Well done, my faithful student."

" You fight pretty well, Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight grinned. " It wasn't all me really. We all fought well."

" And we couldn't have done it without you!" They all said in unison.

" Thanks for watching!" Pinkie pie giggled, wearing a pink shirt, orange shorts and a purple backpack with a skyblue stuffed monkey sticking out of it.

They ignored her and continued celebrating their successful plan and victory, the Amethyst Hive and the Thestral Swarm now having a better chance at being considered different from the Badlanders, who all passed out when Chrysalis' hoof being cut caused her to pass out and the hive mind connecting them all to having the same fate.

The ground shook slightly as the shield was lifted, removing the purple tint tainting Luna's night sky.

They cheered louder, and Twilight remembered a certain someone who probably would be louder than them.

She grinned at Summer's direction, who was leaning against a nearby building and watching shit go down.

" Summer! Come on!" Twilight beckoned, with the agreement of their entire group.

Summer smiled and looked like she was about to oblige, when a sound that Twilight will soon never forget cut through the air.

SHINK

They all gasped as a purple blade peeked out of Summer's jacket, completely wrapped in red blood.

Summer's smile faltered as she looked down, blood also coming out of her mouth and nose.

She looked at Twilight, and sent on last smile before crumpling to the concrete.

" SUMMER!!!!!"

Twilight's scream was that of a mother losing her first child, and remained the most pain-filled despite the others following her example in unison.

She gave Rainbow Dash a run for her money as she practically five to Summer's side, her body in a heap and the magical blade sticking out from her back.

She would've taken out the blade, heales her daughter, cradled her in her arms, whispered encouraging words, begging her stay, but she didn't. Couldn't.

For standing right behind Summer was none other than a smiling Shining Armor.

Author's Note:

Two chapters left.

Until I can finally write the other story stopping my thoughts on this one.

Two stories in one mind is fu-

Comments ( 62 )

Looks like Twilight is about to go Super Saiyan in the next chapter.

Shining, you just lost your sister fully this time, and it was because of you. You have became the very thing you hated most.

Shining's life at this point is over, Twilight will most likely at best disown him or at worst just put him down. He will most likely lose his position in the guard and his wife on top of that, and it's all his own fault.

Nooooooo!!!! Summer!!!

You’re gonna regret that Shining!!!! :twilightangry2::flutterrage:🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥💥💥💥💥💥💥

Poor Summer, I liked her, Damn you George R.R. Mar... Wait wrong series.

sigh shinning you fucked up bad man

9706717
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Come on Luna! Don't let her die! Heal her! You already done it once! (Seriously though please don't let her die!)

Really everyone fucked up. Shining should have been subdued and locked up as soon as he displayed a hatred of changelings that included torture and murder.

shining armor fed up big time

Comment posted by Edguy0009 deleted Jun 30th, 2019

*sarcastic tone* Great job Shining Armor you just dug your own grave *in normal tone* and will now be disowned by your sister who most likely now hates you and probably the rest of your birth family now disown you as well, be arrested for murder or attempted murder of someone who HELPED save Canterlot granted she tried to murder your wife (even though it was an act) which is no excuse to attack her, have a dishonorable discharge and be stripped of rank and any medals by your certainly now angry monarchs who may exile you if they don't imprison you for the rest of your life in someway, most likely be disowned by your wife who will certainly be angry with you and be divorced by her as well and have those whom you have commanded and most likely trained with also hate you due to you disgracing the title of Captain of the Guard and by extension the ENTIRE Royal Guard.
Anyone else want to strangle Shining Armor?

After reading this, I just got one thing to say: :facehoof: sigh Shining Armor, is it? Now you've went and done it. And for that I say on behalf of all of us who are following this story: Welcome to the list. It's a very, very special list of very, very special ponies. We look forward to crossing your name off it one day.

9707381
And along with most of what I stated in my comment.

Sorry to everyone who gets confused by the first few chapters; I wrote them when I was 12. And continued them just last year. Sorry. And I'm my own editor using a phone to write my worlds.

Hehe.

9708423
Love this story. It has a interesting spin to it and really fits. I hope you make this into a series. I would love to see twilight handles what's coming her way in the future.

Something occurred to me earlier today after reading through the story again, a few things actually.

1. Could Shining's mind have been damaged by the mind control and no one spotted it?

2. Could Chrysalis be somehow be still controlling him? The one in this story certainly seems like she would do that.

And 3. Could this Shining Armor have been a fake this entire time and the real one is imprisoned? Chrysalis did replace Cadance so it's possible.

Remember when tirek blew up twilights library and she went “I WILL ANNIHILATE YOU, YOU BASTARD” on him.





Shining armor will be lucky if that is all she does to him.

9713296
:rainbowderp:?! ...brain damage by mind control that's a good idea thousan times better than mine so I put my dollar in theory number 1

9719323
It's definitely possible, we don't know how Changeling magic works here so...

Out of curiosity what was your theory?

Argh! I’m on my third reread in five days. Love your story! I wait is killing me... Summer, don’t you dare die!!

9719824 the theory were 3 basically I said this
“it occurred to me that perhaps the captain erratic and racist behavior is because he is being manipulated by the queen (dou cap 6 shows that the queen does not know what is going on,
until she get information from her spy but she may be pretending ) or another queen manipulated hem in a more subliminal way. or it may be the residue of the mind control magic of the queen chrysalis that is affecting he’s personality “

here is the original comment
9644679

9713296
I hope that one of those is the case and this story isn’t trying to demonize Shining... otherwise bad things will happen in the story.

9720257
Seems both our theories were pretty close to each other, all we can do now is wait and see.

9722422
I'm hoping so as well, I'm also hoping Summer makes it! :fluttercry:

9722422
I'm assuming you mean demonize?

and that's treason, frankly there is nothing celestia Luna or even twilight could do now, thats an automatic death sentence even if twilight did want to offer mercy, he has to hang for this.

9736541
It's almost like keeping him out of the loop, not sending him far away, or not locking him up until all this mess was dealt with were all BAD IDEAS

Dear author.
I read one chapter.
Oh my gosh I'm irritated.
I don't know about fool book, but...
So much absurd in one chapter I see very rarely. From stupid behavior to impossible things to ridiculous logic. From the moment you stopped coping the show everything gone absurd.
But let's take a look on examples here.
Apparently Twilight suddenly has hidden powers that rival that of the alicorn, while getting advanced fighting experience from thin air and infinite stamina with Mana as well.
Bulk of invading forces (which are no less then few hundred changelings, judging by the show) can fit in one room (as you said) yet fought off by Celestia and 5 girls alone (did you really called them "mane 5" in book? My God, this is sounds stupid).
Also, being bitten in the neck with poison apparently has no effect on Twilight, except minor pain, because she definitely don't have any blood vessels running to her brain.
Also, wings. Are you serious? She getting them for fighting villain? Why not all of them have few pairs already then?
And hiding bite mark when everyone clearly saw and reacted to it before, but now apparently contracted some severe case of plot-pushing amnesia? This thing should shoot blood around like a sprinkler! Even then, why? Are you implying she afraid they would kill her? For this? After saving them basically alone? Being their friend, student and family? Really?
If not for this idiocy, then plot would never happen, I guess. It not so hard to suck the poison out, or apply some medical spell, as fast as possible to stop the poison, but I guess changeling poison makes you dumb.
There are a whole more irritating things I don't have time to write down, but gosh, are they nonsensical! What the hell, man, are you really giving up on so much logic for convenience?

I'm really wish to drop this. But i'll try to see if idea at least worth it.
Damage done already, though.

Shining Dumbass needs to become castrated with a VERY slow method.

I never knew ponies with IQ's that low existed but surprise surprise we found one here what is his name again oh oh oh its Shining armor the mother f-er who can't tell the difference between black and purple , good and bad , 'we are with you' and 'invade invade invade' , this stallions brain must be a nut from a very very rotten tree, this is not even enough of an insult there needs to be at least a whole book written on how freaking retarded this dude is 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡(of course I don't mean the actual show shining armor) each chapter containing at least 4000 words and the book has to be thicker than even the thickest book ever to exist

Twilight is going to rip shining done-fucked-up armors head off his neck. Why because the only thing worse then a womans scorn is the fury of a mothers wrath to those who kill one of her childern.
We should start bad mouthing how useless and idiotic shining done-fucked-up armor is now because fuckers gonna die really soon.

9822611
Bro this is the understatement of the fucking millennium.

9837123
Agreed How I wish I could have beaten is stupid a$$ smiling face half to death even so that wouldn't be enough 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

9723320
Dude, the author practically held up a neon sign saying 'She ded lol, how tragic'. Summer is dead, but Twilight will avenge her, with interest.

Bruh. What a great story. Shame the author hasn't finished this though. Would love to see the sisVbro smackdown that's about to occur. But oh well.

Faved and followed just in case this comes back to life.

9952307
:moustache:the lineage of the spork goes back for many eons. :trollestia:in fact we even predate the dinosaurs

SHINING....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3aDqr08gjo

YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When will the story be finished

You fucking Magnificent Bastard! (I'm talking about the author) Well done!

"In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner

Shining, you FUCKING IDIOT!

Will this be updated or is it abandoned?

10182946
I think it is dead, much to my chagrin. I really hope the author will finish it someday.

When will you story be done

9708423
When will the chapter be done

9708423
When will the story be done

10289947
You should look and see when the author was last on before posting comments like that. The author hasn't been on in 11 months.

Login or register to comment