• Published 6th Aug 2011
  • 2,636 Views, 10 Comments

Midnight in the Heart of Equestria - Wheller



Princess Luna is sent to Ponyville to make friends, however, she has the nagging feeling that things aren't going like they are supposed to.

  • ...
5
 10
 2,636

Epilogue: Without a Love of My Own...

Epilogue
Without a Love of My Own...

“Spike!” Twilight Sparkle called out to her assistant. “Would you please bring me a copy of Supernaturals?”

“You got it! Supernaturals coming right up!” the baby dragon called out excitedly.

The front door opened and Twilight looked up. Standing in the door was an all black unicorn stallion, his amber eyes looking right at her.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I wasn’t expecting anyone to be here. I can come back later if I’m disturbing you.”

“Oh no!” Twilight reassured him. “I might live here, but this is still a public library... Just so happens hardly anypony else uses it.”

The unicorn stepped inside, closing the door behind him. Twilight was sure that she hadn’t met him before. Which was odd, ponyville was a small town, everypony was at least acquainted with everypony else. “I don’t think we’ve met.”

“I’m new in town,” the unicorn said. “My name is Nightshadow. I’m an apothecary... so I spend most of my time locked away studying and brewing things.”

Twilight felt her heart begin to flutter, though she wasn’t sure why. “Oh... ha, I know what that’s like! When I’m on a studying binge I could go unseen for days at a time!” Twilight wasn’t sure why, but her response had come out extremely awkwardly. “I’m Twilight Sparkle... Is there anything I can help you find?”

“Ah yes. There is an apothecary book called Supernaturals. I’m ashamed to say I don’t have one. Would you happen to have a copy of it?”

“Um... yes! I do have one copy of it... I was just about to use it, would you maybe like to look at it with me?” Twilight said, mentally kicking herself for how dumb she was sounding.

“I’d love to,” Nightshadow said with a smile.

Spike returned with the book and the two unicorns spent the next few hours chatting.

Supernaturals was never even opened.

Comments ( 6 )

ahem....



ITS A TRAP!

Confound these Chaos Cultists, they drive a teatotaler to drink! :pinkiesick:

Overdrive didn't seem so great, but then again, these Chaos cultists aren't so great either... :unsuresweetie:

What? Seriously, what?

And now... Off to find the next book of the series. Good luck to me.

Login or register to comment