• Published 26th Mar 2018
  • 4,790 Views, 143 Comments

The Thing We Do For Love - Not Enough Coffee



Anon, through happenstance, finds himself in Equestia. It's a dream come true. Though, he brought along The Thing with him. Interesting enough, she seems to like him... a little too much.

Comments ( 26 )

Goood lord!!! This is gonna be good!!!! Let it rip!!

If the main OCs in this story were voiced, what would they sound like?

This will be FUN!!!!!:pinkiecrazy:

Protag. Plot Juice sounds like a great name for a drink.

Assimilate and evolve. Until it is done.

They are rage: brutal, without mercy. But you... you will be worse.

10108955
You know, I think I was watching that show when I was writing this, so it's quite possible that the "darling" thing of hers came from that.

It's left eye looks like a keyhole.

What is this supposed to be a crossover of?

10222805
John Carpenter's "The Thing."

Thingpone is a creation of /mlp/, particularly the strange waifu thread. Essentially, the creature from The Thing as a pony.

10222807
Never heard of it, but ok.

It almost seems like Anon is starting to care for Thingy. Hopefully Anon can teach her not to be careless with sapient life. I wonder if she has the control to perform a symbiosis without harming the host's mind. Am liking the character progression that I think is occurring, hope it continues!

10229905
Perhaps someday, bro.

Writing has been, well, yeah. I really hate leaving people hanging and work incomplete.

10232950
That's cool bro, I can't be one to talk about leaving stories unfinished...

Had this in my favourites since 2018 and only just got to reading it. I hope you update it whenever you can. Always enjoy your work.

10599991
Aw shucks, broski. I really appreciate it. This story in particular takes a certain devil may care shitposty attitude to write for me, so I seldom get to it these days.

Like, I know how it ends, I know exactly what comes next, I just been focused on writing other stuff that has my current interest. Which I do feel bad for, cause people obvious like this story, but I have come into the mindset of perfectionism. I don't want to write like I used to because it was unfulfilling. My latest two works are fulfilling, but get less traffic, it seems. I still favor them, as it makes me feel better, ya know?

I won't forget this story, when the mood strikes, I'll try to capitalize and get back to at least finishing the end of this little arc.

10603273
Guess we should thank him for that.
10603263
So is every other woman in existence.

10603274
I see more Tsunderes than Yanderes if we speaking full on weeb now.

She chuckled, amused by his words. “Oh, Anon. The fun has just begun.”

Considering this is on hiatus, I'm not sure she's right.

10603295
Shh! I have written part of the fun part. Part of it.

10603297
Yeah, and some people wipe before they shit. Doesn't mean they're doing anything right.

10600016
Hm, I see. I'll have to check out your latest works then.

10711041
Yeah, he's a bit of a rapscallion.

Heh, why not skip straight to assimilating the new thing?

Just curious, is the story going to get updated at some or is it on permanent hiatus?

11013828

permanent hiatus?

Bit of an oxymoron that, but I'm unsure if I will continue it or not. As of right now, it's up in the air. I don't want to cancel something unless I know for a fact I won't come back to it. I do have a couple thousand words done on the next chapter after this one, though I haven't touched it in quite some time. Time will tell, I suppose. Thanks for reading what I have here all the same.

Login or register to comment