• Published 25th Dec 2017
  • 7,434 Views, 45 Comments

A Sunset's Last Sunset - CharaDemonChild



The Canterlot High girls never took Sunset in. The students despise her. The only one who helps is her knife, decorating her skin. Maybe she'll raise the knife a little higher...or rub out her life with an eraser. After all she's a monster.

  • ...
13
 45
 7,434

News

3rd Person

Celestia rubs the the crease between her eyebrows, not at all wanting to deliver this announcement to her students. One of them is gone from their group... forever. Luna puts a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Want me to do this?" she asks. Celestia shakes her head, memories had been plaguing her since last night. As the girl had no family she'd been asked to confirm the body... The broken, dead, body of Sunset Shimmer. She sighs, slightly, looking at the crowd of waiting students. All seem relaxed, probaly expecting good news. A showcase or another party as such. She takes a deep breath and begins.

"I'm afraid a student passed away last night." she begins. Imnedetly people look around, trying to see who is missing.

"The student was Sunset Shimmer." she continues. "The cause of death...was suicide." A shocked silence rings out. Rarity, Dash, A.J, Pinkie and Fluttershy exchange shocked looks. Twilight had asked them to befriend her. Only Fluttershy had tried. Now... They sit up staight, eyes locked on Celestia, awaiting more infomation. It was so silent you could hear a feather fall. The world seemed to hold its breath in acknowledgment of the sun's setting.

"She left a note, which I'm going to read now." she says.

To Canterlot High,

Well. You finally won. I give up. You were right. I am just a monster...One that doesn't deserve life. I did so many terrible things, I guess you don't want an explanation. But...I'm giving you one. You deserve to know why I did it all, after all it effected all of you . You may not care, you will probaly still hate me, but at least you'll finally know the truth. So, if you got this note, here it is. The truth...

I never wanted to brainwash you. All I ever wanted the crown for was to return to Equestria and prove I had magical potential. Obviously it backfired. In all honesty I should've gone back to Equestria with Twilight. Started over. It would've stopped you having me around, extremely unfortunate for you. As I wanted it for my own benifot it...sorta....controlled me. Do remember I started having tears fall then I turned into a demon, seemingly happy with my transformation. In fact I'm happy I was defeated, it stopped me doing something even worse. But, I promise, I didn't want to hurt anyone.

One person tried to be friends with me, and I appreciate it. If I wasn't afraid of you all hurting her if she was around me. She's too nice to deserve physical pain...let alone all the insults. If I hurt her I'm sorry. All I wanted was for someone to have a better time than me. School is hell, if everyone hates you. Hits you. Insults you. Even if you hate someone, even if they're worse than me... please. Don't do it to anyone. It made me give up. Still...I deserved it. Even my parents said I'd never amount to anything.

Enjoy Life

Goodbye

Sunset Shimmer

There was a silence. Tears are in so many eyes. Nearly all. None of them could stand the fact they'd broke someone so completely.

"The funeral will be Saturday at 3:00pm. The whole school is welcome to attend, after all there's noone else to arrange it..." Celestia states.

If course...they all go. Each brings a white lily to put on her casket. The flower of purity.

Nothing they could do would be good enough though. After all she is...and always will... be gone.

A aaaaand the end :)

Good? Bad?

Comments ( 27 )

I like it so far and great job.

Decent. I'll give a 7/10

Also if it's finished mark it as complete

Think should be a sequel or final part. Twilight coming back with Princess Celestia hoping to find her and reconcile too late.

Benifot should be benefit, if course should be of course.
This was sad for me to read, you did a good job.

8628891
How do u mark as complete?

8629592
Go into edit.

Look for where it says "Incomplete "

Click it and it should give you the option to mark it as complete

CSC
CSC #8 · Dec 26th, 2017 · · 1 ·

The writing is bad but the concept is good.

This chapter made me cry. So much so that I couldn't see what I was reading. Good job, I love it!

8628938

that would be great!

A very good story that pulls at the heart strings.

Pretty bad actually.

Comment posted by DovahLord1233 deleted Apr 9th, 2019

It was interesting, a story that while the chapters were a little short, and the details a little sparse. Still works well together.

though I'm curious to know why it still says incomplete if it has ended already?

In this history must put the consecuences of the other, what happen next in the next chapter.

Interesting Story, wish it had a bit more detail though.

gonna be honest here, even with suicide there is some police investigation involved, which would invariably lead to the finding out what sunset was going through, there would be arrests, (emotionally abusing someone to suicide has been tried in court and is still considered a crime)

What... the... f***!

NO! SUNSET!

Oh! You just made me hate CHS for hurting my girl :twilightangry2:

Comment posted by DovahLord1233 deleted Jun 23rd, 2019

What's needed: A story where Princess Twilight Sparkle visits thirty moons after she left. And to bring the news of Sunset's passing back to Princess Celestia.

Comment posted by DovahLord1233 deleted Apr 9th, 2019

9556772
Sorry that was my brother.

Hey OP if the story's over why is it still marked incomplete? Are you taking us out without ending?

What’s disappointing is that they are only upset because sunset is dead.

I am picturing an alternate sequel where instead of a building Sunset jumps off a bridge into the ocean but was caught alive and start a new life somewhere. Then the story will be based on Mike Flanagan's Doctor Sleep

im depressed from just reading that

Login or register to comment