• Published 25th Dec 2017
  • 7,435 Views, 45 Comments

A Sunset's Last Sunset - CharaDemonChild



The Canterlot High girls never took Sunset in. The students despise her. The only one who helps is her knife, decorating her skin. Maybe she'll raise the knife a little higher...or rub out her life with an eraser. After all she's a monster.

  • ...
13
 45
 7,435

Rejecting Friendship

Fluttershy approaches me, a cautious look on her face.

"Hi Sunset." she says.

"Hi." I reply, looking up from my school book.

"So...um...you're nicer than people think. And um..I was wondering if you'd like to be friends." she says.

"I would....but we can't." I say, honestly, looking into her hurt eyes. "Think about it Fluttershy. Everyone hates me, if you're seen being friends with me you could get bullied. A lot. And I don't want you to get hurt because of me. Trust me, Fluttershy, I would love to be friends with you. It'd just end up being bad for you."

"But..." she begins, tears in her eyes.

"But nothing." I inturupt. "Please Fluttershy. I don't want you getting hurt." She sighs and leaves.

I turn around and see a very angry person. He used to be a bit of a bully but Fluttershy taught him the value of friendship.

"You were horrible to Fluttershy?" he snaps, his face livid.

"Not exactly Discord." I reply, my voice sounding lifeless even to me. "She asked to be friends...I rejected the offer."

"Why?" he snaps, lividly. "Only a monster would be horrible to Fluttershy."

"It's so that noone hurts her...and I know I'm a monster." I whisper, running off.

As soon as I get home I grab my knife, tears running down my face. Everyone, except Fluttershy, knows I'm a monster. I push the knife through my wrist, no longer caring if it scared. M...It instantly bleeds and does nothing to quell my the thoughts of suicide attacking me. O. ..Yet more blood but still no escape from my thoughts. N...Nobody cares. It's been three months since the Fall Formal. If noone cares now, will they ever? S...Ok maybe Fluttershy would but she cares about everyone. Maybe she only offered me friendship out of sympathy. T... Would it just be giving Chrysalis her own way though? E...Do I really care about not giving up anymore. R...I'll last as long as I can...which may not be long.

MONSTER

What the whole school sees me as.

What I know I am, which is now marked into my skin.