• Published 17th Mar 2018
  • 2,393 Views, 64 Comments

Starlight The Foal - TwilieTheFoal



Trixie has a magic accident. Things change. And Starlight does too.

  • ...
3
 64
 2,393

Chapter 4- Fillies Found

"Seriously?!" Jewel Box asked, yelling a bit too loudly, which made them receive some pretty awkward stares.

"What? It's not like you could've came up with anything better!" Sunburst argued.

"Yeah, well, at least I wouldn't make us wear wigs and trench coats! We'll look suspicious!" Jewel countered.

"Look, if she asks, we'll tell her that we're both just detectives."

"Really? You think that that mare will fall for that?"

"Uh...yes." Sunburst said sheepishly.

"If you say so."

Jewel Box entered the establishment, along with Sunburst.

Jewel Box wore a dark purple wig and a long grey trench coat, and a hat to match. Her coat was also coloured a light, almost white, pink colour.

She sighed as she walked up to the mare. She still has doubts that this will work.

The mare turned around and was surprised to see the mare.

"Uh...how may I help you?" The mare asked, clearly bewildered.

"Yes, you see, I'm looking for a...Purple Flower? I'm her Mother after all." Jewel said, changing her voice into something more girly.

"Oh! You're her Mother? You look a bit...suspicious."

"Oh, that's probably because I'm still in my undercover outfit." Jewel Box replied.

"Undercover? Are you a spy...or something?"

"Detective Petals. Rosa Petals." Rosa said, introducing herself.

"Oh. Uh, but isn't it super obvious that you're a detective in that outfit?" The mare questioned.

"Yeah, well, I was undercover at a Casino. Those places are very sketchy. So I blended right in." Rosa explained.

"Oh, that explains it. I'll go ask for a caretaker. Just wait here."

"Wait!" Rosa exclaimed, grabbing the mare's attention once more.

"I wanted to ask for my son as well!"

The mare looked at her weirdly. "Your son? You only remembered him now?"

"Well, it's hard to keep track when you have 10 kids."

"10!?" The mare exclaimed, totally shocked.

"Well, I have 2 kids here, 5 in Kindergarten, and 3 at home." Rosa said, trying to act calmly.

"Oh. Well I guess that makes sense. What's his name?" The mare asked, starting to flip the list of names.

"Blue Twinkle." She stated.

The mare hummed to herself as she looked through the list of foal names. After flipping through three pages she found the name Blue Twinkle.

"Ah, yes. Here he is. Now I'll go ask a caretaker to fetch them both for you, while you stay here." As the mare got up, Rosa yelled something at her.

"Wait! I-I was wondering if you had any water? I'm parched."

The mare looked at her with an odd expression before pouring her a glass of lemon water.

"There you go detective. Now, please let me go fetch the caretakers." At that point, Sunburst came back out of the door with 2 foals.

"Um, you know what. That won't be necessary." Rosa said as she and Sunburst ran away.

The mare looked at her confused. But thought nothing of it.


*What Sunburst was doing*

As Jewel Box was distracting the mare, Sunburst, who wore a detective hat with a matching grey trench coat, snuck inside the daycare playroom. As soon as he entered he used his eagle eyes to spot Starlight and Jasper. They were playing tea party with another foal. They're right there, out in the open. But, he can't just go up there and grab them, the caretakers would notice for sure!

While he was thinking, a crystal mare, presumably a caretaker, walked up to him.

"Um, excuse me, but the playroom is for caretaker staff only. If you're here to pick up your child, you will have to ask Ms. Royal Rose. So, I'll have to ask you to leave."

"Well, I'm a caretaker." Sunburst said calmly.

"You certainly don't look like one." The caretaker said.

"Well that's because I'm dressing up for the foals." Sunburst said. Sweat started to form on his forehead.

"Really? What are you dressing up as?" The mare questioned.

"As a detective. Me and the foals are about to find out who stole Mr. Fluffypants."

"Mr. Fluffypants?"

"Yes! It's a white stuffed bunny. And, if I don't start my investigation soon, then those foals will be very sad and start crying their little eyes out."

"Um, well have fun." The caretaker mare said.

But before Sunburst was in the clear, the mare said "Wait! What's your name?"

"Uhh, Sourburst Shine." Sunburst said.

"Wow. What a nice name! I'm Skylar Heart."

"Nice name." Sunburst replied before heading over to the foals.

Once he was near the foals he snatched them! And nopony saw him as he quickly ran out of the playroom.


As Sunburst ran out, Jewel Box quickly told the mare "Um, you know what. That won't be necessary." And they both ran out together.

The mare didn't suspect a thing.

Once the couple was out, they ran back to Sunburst's home since his was the closest.

As soon as they were inside Sunburst locked the door before placing the two foals on the main carpet. Once they both took their disguises off they immediately started to yell at the foals.

"Starlight! I told you to stay in my sights and not wander off with foals! You nearly killed me, I was so worried!" Sunburst yelled as he picked up Starlight and held her close to his heart.

"I-I sowwy Dada." Starlight said, even though the parents couldn't understand, except for the word 'Dada'.

"Aww, it's alright Starlight. I'm just glad you're safe."

"Yeah, me too." Jewel Box said as she cuddled with Jasper.

"Hey, Jewel?"

"Yes Sunburst?"

"Do you think they'll be looking for us?"

"Not sure. I mean they seem nice and all, but they probably don't care if a couple of foals were missing." Jewel Box said.

"I hope you're right. Hey! I have an idea." Sunburst said, placing Starlight on his back as he got up.

"What is it?" Jewel asked curiously.

"Would you mind coming with me to an adoption centre to make it official?"

"Make what official?"

"Starlight becoming my daughter."

"Wait. Starlight isn't your daughter?" Jewel box asked in a weird tone.

"Why are you surprised? Have I not told you this before?"

"Nope. You told me that Starlight is your daughter and that she's 10 months old. I'm pretty sure I'd remember you saying something like that."

"Oh. Well, do you want to know how Starlight really became my daughter?" Sunburst asked, sitting down on a cushion with Starlight.

"Well, yeah!" Jewel Box said. Sitting on a cushion across from him.

"Ok. Well, it sounds crazy, but Starlight used to the an adult. And not just any adult, she was my very best friend. Since childhood, actually." Sunburst said, fixing his glasses before carrying on.

"She was also Princess Twilight Sparkle's protege. Or student, whatever you want to call it. She did it to stray away from her evil path and begin a better one. Later, she made friends with a magician named Trixie. And one day, Trixie thought it was a good idea to practice an age regression spell on Starlight. But once she did, she didn't know how to reverse it. So she went to Twilight, and even she didn't know how to reverse it. So in short, they both appeared on my doorstep and explained everything to me. I was furious with Trixie. But, before I could say anything about the situation, they left."

Jewel Box looked at him as if he left on a dramatic cliffhanger.

He fixed his glasses before continuing. "So afterwards, I took her to the store to get foal supplies so that I could properly take care of her. I figured that Twilight couldn't take care of her because of her duties as a Princess, even if it made more sense for Twilight to take care of her. Trixie couldn't because of her life in general. So, since I have nothing important to do, I guess I was the next best thing. Considering I have more experience when it comes to foals, thanks to Flurry Heart."

"Wow. So you're her father now? What about her real parents?" Jewel Box asked.

"I'm not sure. I mean I've met her father, but I think she's used to me being her dad. And, I wouldn't want to separate her from her friend." Sunburst said, looking at Jasper.

"You're right. Jasper and Starlight are the very best friends. Just like us." Jewel Box said.

Sunburst blushed. "Yes, we have become quite fond of each other." Sunburst said, getting lost in thought as he blushed while looking at her pristine yellow coat.

"Ahem." Jewel box coughed, trying to wake Sunburst from his thoughts.

"Oh, right! So...that means you'll come with me to officially adopt Starlight?" Sunburst asked.

"Of course I will." Jewel Box replied, placing Jasper back on her back as she got up. Sunburst did the same with Starlight before asking.

"You're not weirded out by this, are you? I mean, it's a lot to take in."

"Of course I am. But, I don't doubt that it's true. I mean, weirder things have happened than a unicorn being regressed and being their childhood friend's new daughter." Jewel Box stated, which made Sunburst laugh.

"Thank you Jewel Box."

"No problem Sunburst. After everything that happened today, I'm just glad that everything worked out in the end."

"Me too." Sunburst said.

"Now, let's go to that adoption centre!" Jewel Box yelled, running out the door, Sunburst following close behind.

And with that, Jewel Box and Sunburst, along with Jasper and Starlight, headed to Crystal Care Adoption Agency.

Author's Note:

Um yeah. The parents are so loving that they don't even punish their foals. Srry for such a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong update, but hopefully this chapter was worth the wait! Thanks for reading. :twilightsmile:

Update: added a bit more to the ending. Can't wait to finish the next chapter!

Comments ( 6 )

The wait was so long that I completely forgot about this story.

A little rushed at the end but still nice

Long wait but certainly a quality read. I like the cartoon-like situation created through the disguises and very obvious, at least to the reader / viewer, mistakes that Sunburst and Jewel Box got away with where, if real life, there's no way this would ever happen.

I wonder if Sunburst ever has adventures with Flurry Heart and Fluffypants?

Hey, NO OFFENSE, but your story seemed a liiiiitle incomplete, so, would it be ok if I used your story and made a sequel for it? I would mention that you came up with the idea.

10182736
Yes! :3 (now I'm excited)

Login or register to comment